PDA

View Full Version : Where's Timmons?

Steelers5895
09-16-2012, 10:57 PM
Non existant in game 1. Only a late hit in game 2. need some splash plays from him and he needs to play a little more controlled. He has run passed a ton of plays in only 2 games so far.

StainlessStill
09-16-2012, 10:58 PM
I saw Timmons make some great plays today. He had a couple significant QB hurries that thwarted Sanchez's timing. I want more from him as well but he made some nice plays today that doesn't show up on the stat sheet.

pittpete
09-16-2012, 11:15 PM
Here he is with my brother
If Timmons went out drinking with him on Saturday night he'd definitely be in no shape to play Sunday
http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq150/pittpete/securedownload.jpg

tony hipchest
09-16-2012, 11:18 PM
agreed StainlessStill.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/sanchezcrush.gif

sanchez was completely innefective after getting stopped on this "run". james harrison ended colt mccoys season on this exact same type of play last year.

teegre
09-16-2012, 11:39 PM
agreed StainlessStill.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/sanchezcrush.gif

sanchez was completely innefective after getting stopped on this "run". james harrison ended colt mccoys season on this exact same type of play last year.

Timmons lost that battle (flag), but won the war.

Somewhere, Jack Lambert & Greg Lloyd are smiling.

StainlessStill
09-16-2012, 11:44 PM
You could even see Timmons trying his damnedest to try and avoid the helmet to helmet hit, tilting his head to the side and coming with the shoulder. Of course, Goofdell can't wrap his head around that football is played at full speed. By grown men. So be it. As someone said, we won the war.

harrison'samonster
09-16-2012, 11:47 PM
yeah, it seems to me like Timmons made a really good effort not to hit Sanchez too hard. A guy that big and moving as fast as he was has no way to pull up completely. I think the refs made the right call, it's just a bs rule.

stinkubus
09-17-2012, 12:37 AM
Not to mention Sanchez drops his head. It's a shoulder to chest/abdomen hit if Sanchez doesn't curl up into a ball after he lets go of the ball.

Steelers5895
09-18-2012, 09:36 PM
sad his big play everyone can talk about was one that was flagged for 15 yards. me, id like to see a 3rd down sack or a stuff on 3rd and 1. you know, what first rounders should do

QCbeauBlak
09-19-2012, 01:21 AM
After re-watching the game I noticed that Timmons had a really big impact on D this past Sunday. He was pretty gap sound on runs. While he may not make the tackle, he eliminates the runners options and allows others to finish the play for minimum gain. Also, he was disruptive in coverage. I don't think he defended any passes but he blocked out passing lanes and seemed to be in the right place more times than not. I hate phrases like "Splash Plays" and "One Trick Pony" because there is so much more to the game than the big play. You can make a living being where you are supposed to be and making it difficult to advance the ball. The big plays will come but if they don't, and we continue to rank in the top 5 in every defensive category, I could care less if a guy makes a bunch of Splash plays..

TheDude
09-19-2012, 08:19 AM
sad his big play everyone can talk about was one that was flagged for 15 yards. me, id like to see a 3rd down sack or a stuff on 3rd and 1. you know, what first rounders should do

at first glance i agreed with you

but after reviewing the tape, 94 was active and physical. more than once, he attacked ball carriers and did not allow them to fall forward. Yards after contact were minimal when the LawDog was involved