PDA

View Full Version : Game Balls?

SteeleReign
09-17-2012, 08:17 AM
Gotta go with Ben here. The o-line did a decent job for the most part - at least in the passing game, but when Ben was under pressure, he made things happen.

Ryan Clark on D. He was everywhere and laying the wood on everyone! I'd make the case that he's more important in our secondary than Troy right now. :applaudit:

Also, game ball to whomever lit the fire under the defense at halftime. Through the first 30 minutes of this game, I had Chris Berman's annoying voice in my head yapping about how many teams go 0-2 and make the playoffs. :blah:

desertsteel
09-17-2012, 10:53 AM
I have to agree with you SR.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-17-2012, 01:11 PM
Ben Roethlisberter.

If it wasnt for the scoring and the WIN, then everybody would be noticing how Max Starks was getting beat by Garret McIntyre and Muhammed Wilkerson most of the afternoon. A win helps to hide all of that.

Fire Arians
09-17-2012, 01:20 PM
clark & AB

brown is showing why he got paid that money

WVABE
09-17-2012, 02:18 PM
Big Ben, Ryan Clark, Shawn Suisam,(never said I could spell).

AB done a nice job, but he needs to stop walking down the field 20 yds after each catch.

You done your job now get back to the huttle.
Leave that crap to the other teams.

tony hipchest
09-17-2012, 02:59 PM
welcome back ryan clark.

heres your gameball-

:football:

Atlanta Dan
09-17-2012, 03:08 PM
welcome back ryan clark.

heres your gameball-

:football:

Definitely - also add Ben :thumbsup:

Serious question - with Troy in physical decline is Clark now as important to the success of the D as a constantly ailing Troy?

Troy is a HOF player and Clark is not but Troy's play currently is not at a HOF level while IMO Clark is playing as well as he ever has

Darkstorm05
09-17-2012, 03:20 PM
Definitely - also add Ben :thumbsup:

Serious question - with Troy in physical decline is Clark now as important to the success of the D as a constantly ailing Troy?

Troy is a HOF player and Clark is not but Troy's play currently is not at a HOF level while IMO Clark is playing as well as he ever has

In our secondary, I would say yes. Clark has a knack for causing a WR to miss a big pass due to suddenly being leveled just when we need it most. There have also been instances where fear of being decapitated has caused hesitation to catch some of those balls downfield.

Granted, it occasionally draws a flag, but those plays would mostly have been deep receptions anyway. I hold my breath every time I see Clark coming in. He has a way of launching himself to deliver massive hits without going helmet to helmet, and it's a great way to get the D fired up, IMO.

Fire Arians
09-17-2012, 03:29 PM
In our secondary, I would say yes. Clark has a knack for causing a WR to miss a big pass due to suddenly being leveled just when we need it most. There have also been instances where fear of being decapitated has caused hesitation to catch some of those balls downfield.

Granted, it occasionally draws a flag, but those plays would mostly have been deep receptions anyway. I hold my breath every time I see Clark coming in. He has a way of launching himself to deliver massive hits without going helmet to helmet, and it's a great way to get the D fired up, IMO.

clark's biggest asset is his ability to time the hit perfectly to separate a ball from a receiver. i haven't seen many safeties that can do it better

Millers the sh!t
09-17-2012, 05:51 PM
By the time he retires, Clark's gonna have a nice highlight real of him smashing WR's.

Game ball gos to Ben IMO.

Ricco Suavez
09-17-2012, 06:28 PM
Big Ben outstanding play. Ryan Clark was defensive MVP this game. Receivers made many tough catches. Even though the run game did not produce many yards I thought Redman and Dwyer ran some tough chances and did not fumble.

steelcity1974
09-17-2012, 06:48 PM
Ben, no question.

lotas
09-17-2012, 07:36 PM
I'd also like to add how impressed I've been with Larry Foote's play thus far this year. He's been plugging holes and making tackles right and left.

Ben is looking so much more mature and calm in the pocket this year, which is awesome. He's starting to really become a gun-slinger, not just a backyard QB scrambling for his life and throwing up prayers.

bornaSteelersfan
09-18-2012, 06:18 AM
I agree with all of the above, but lost in it was Mike Wallace. He caught some great passes and the one incredible 3rd and 16 reception for a TD knowing where he was to get his feet down in bounds. One more :football: for Wallace!