PDA

View Full Version : B. Orakpo & A. Carriker done for the year

tony hipchest
09-17-2012, 03:29 PM
crushing blow for the redskins defense-

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000063425/article/brian-orakpo-adam-carriker-suffer-seasonending-injuries?campaign=Twitter_news

The Washington Redskins will be without the servies of outside linebacker Brian Orakpo and defensive end Adam Carriker who have both suffered season-ending injuries in Sunday's 31-28 loss to the St. Louis Rams, coach Mike Shanahan announced at a news conference Monday.

Shanahan said Orakpo has torn his left pectoral and Carriker has suffered a quad tendon tear. The coach added that both are expected to have surgery within the next week.

Atlanta Dan
09-17-2012, 03:35 PM
crushing blow for the redskins defense-

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000063425/article/brian-orakpo-adam-carriker-suffer-seasonending-injuries?campaign=Twitter_news

The Washington Redskins will be without the servies of outside linebacker Brian Orakpo and defensive end Adam Carriker who have both suffered season-ending injuries in Sunday's 31-28 loss to the St. Louis Rams, coach Mike Shanahan announced at a news conference Monday.

Shanahan said Orakpo has torn his left pectoral and Carriker has suffered a quad tendon tear. The coach added that both are expected to have surgery within the next week.

Maybe I forget the carnage from previous years or in the Internet age you about everything for every team, but I do not recall the constant number of season ending injuries every week that we hear about now occurring when NFL games were played like a steel cage death match during bygone days likethe 1970s:noidea:

tony hipchest
09-17-2012, 03:55 PM
this year seems extremely weird. even moreso than last. its like guys are dropping like flies, even in the preseason. hell the bungles thomas howard suffered a season ender a few days ago in practice.

last year was the lock out and thisw year is the weakest practice schedule ever (supposed to reduce injuries and lengthen careers).. i wonder if that is the main factor, or just that these players are bigger, faster, stronger.

theres no way mark sanchez shoulda gotten up from that timmons hit w/o a broken jaw or neck.

Darkstorm05
09-17-2012, 04:06 PM
I've actually heard a lot of people claiming it's roids that causes this. Bodies carrying around bulk that their frame simply wasn't meant to accommodate. End result, giant beasts with mad speed and power, how get hurt when their overstressed frames can't keep up. The same people that I've heard saying this often point to the days of leather helmets, or to sports like Rugby Union, where there are often huge pileups with minimal padding, minimal roids, and pretty few injuries.

Galax Steeler
09-17-2012, 04:13 PM
Huge loss for them this will make there season tougher.

GMU Steeler
09-17-2012, 05:35 PM
Yikes. More pressure for Griffin now.

PATS16N0
09-17-2012, 05:38 PM
this year seems extremely weird. even moreso than last. its like guys are dropping like flies, even in the preseason. hell the bungles thomas howard suffered a season ender a few days ago in practice.

last year was the lock out and thisw year is the weakest practice schedule ever (supposed to reduce injuries and lengthen careers).. i wonder if that is the main factor, or just that these players are bigger, faster, stronger.

theres no way mark sanchez shoulda gotten up from that timmons hit w/o a broken jaw or neck.

Not saying this is the case all the time but i'm curious how many injuries have taken place after plays should of been blown dead by the replacement officials.

I think it's pretty clear a lot of players are taking advantage of the officials having no idea WTF they're doing, wonder if any injuries have resulted yet because of it.

Really worried about Pollard and Lewis and his prison crew next week with these scabs on the field. Might try to throw Gronk in another figure four leg lock after a tackle.

PATS16N0
09-17-2012, 05:39 PM

That was so awesome :)

lloydwoodson
09-17-2012, 09:49 PM
I think players are too big and muscle bound today. There is more weight and force than ever on their joints, muslces and bones. If players were smaller and more limber injuries would occur less frequently.

Atlanta Dan
09-18-2012, 12:04 PM
I think players are too big and muscle bound today. There is more weight and force than ever on their joints, muslces and bones. If players were smaller and more limber injuries would occur less frequently.

:iagree:

Injuries like the season ending "torn pectoral muscle" sounds like someone got juiced up and the muscle was so overdeveloped the skeleton cannot support it when it is strained

Note how Alan Faneca looks now that he is out of thr game

jjpro11
09-19-2012, 04:32 PM
These muscular freak NFL players are like highly tuned sports cars or muscle cars. When you turn a 350hp naturally aspirated car into a 1000hp supercharged or turbocharged beast, you sacrifice reliability for increased performance. These guys make themselves so big, strong and fast; whether its through supplements, steroids, HGH, etc.. They end up breaking down faster than an average person who is in shape.