PDA

View Full Version : Why couldnt Peyton have thrown all these INTs.....

fortmemphis
09-17-2012, 08:25 PM
last week? I mean he looked like a footbal QB god against the Steelers and tonight, he has been picked off 3 times in the 1st qtr.

And its bad decisions on his part and bad throws. Its not the ATL defense. But against PIT, he is like a surgeon and misses nothing. Amazing.

Steel_Bus_24
09-17-2012, 08:29 PM
Ive seen far more contested catches in the this 1st qrt then the entire steelers game

Our DBs weren't close at all to their Wrs most of the time.....It was easy pitch and catch

Edman
09-17-2012, 08:32 PM
Same reason why the Ravens, Patriots, and Cowboys looked mortal after looking like world-beaters in Week 1.

It's only Week 1. Manning sprung a surprise on the Steelers in his first game. We sat back in a passive zone and dared Manning to beat us. And he did. I'm going to tell you this, should the Steelers and Broncos play again, it's a totally different kind of game.

Atlanta Dan
09-17-2012, 08:39 PM
Having Ryan Clark on the sidelines didn't help and it is a lot tougher before a geeked up crowd at a road game at night

tony hipchest
09-17-2012, 08:44 PM
woulda loved to had last years playoff game and this seasons opener vs denver, at home, in pgh.

StainlessStill
09-17-2012, 08:50 PM
Take away Thomas's 71 yard scant (which was a 2 yard pass anyhow) and Manning averaged only 7.5 yards per attempt against us in week 1. It's quite obvious that Manning has a noodle anywhere from 15 or plus yardage. Dude lacks arm strength. It's quite evident to me.

Plus, this just shows how difficult it is to go on the road. We held our own in Denver. The Broncos can't communicate and the lack of experience together is showing (MgGahee running the wrong way, etc.) Denver's defense IS tough, though. Atlanta should be ahead by atleast 4 touchdowns by now. Lucky to be down only 13-0.

njsteeler87v2
09-17-2012, 08:51 PM
Same reason why the Ravens, Patriots, and Cowboys looked mortal after looking like world-beaters in Week 1.

It's only Week 1. Manning sprung a surprise on the Steelers in his first game. We sat back in a passive zone and dared Manning to beat us. And he did. I'm going to tell you this, should the Steelers and Broncos play again, it's a totally different kind of game.

And guaranteed, next meeting, Peyton will be incurring the wrath of Steeler Nation, at Heinz Field, with 3 six-picks by Ryan...
(ESPN and the NBC lovefest be darned..)

tanda10506
09-17-2012, 09:04 PM
It was his first game back, there was tremendous pressure on him to be the same Peyton Manning, and he was at home against a defense that was missing key players and gave him 5-10 yard cushions. It would have been hard for him to even throw an interception because the DB's were so far off every play. Our defense played terrible and Peyton was in the zone, bad combination. Also, Atlanta's dome is loud as hell, not good for a road team with a new offensive play book. I still say his main reason for success against us was the cushions. Injuries and coaching played a role IMO too, but the cushions is what made him look great.

EbonySteel86
09-17-2012, 09:05 PM
Our DB's don't get picks.

zcoop
09-17-2012, 09:13 PM
He had us in his backyard, no excuses but home cooking does matter even at the Pro level. The Falcons always play well in the Dome. I wonder how they would fare at Mile High, just saying.

Ricco Suavez
09-17-2012, 09:40 PM
Anybody notice how many wobblers Peyton throws now. Even last week he threw few tight spirals.

Fire Arians
09-17-2012, 09:54 PM
falcons are very tough to beat at home, playing on the road makes a huge difference early in the season

austinfrench76
09-17-2012, 10:04 PM
I think it actually encouraging that Peyton is playing this way. It tells me that he just played OUT OF HIS MIND last week. I also agree that losing Clark really hurts us when palying Denver. That's why we need home field the next time we play them - Playoffs!

Fire Arians
09-17-2012, 10:04 PM
damn, the falcons are beating ass right now

Atlanta Dan
09-17-2012, 10:05 PM
I think it actually encouraging that Peyton is playing this way. It tells me that he just played OUT OF HIS MIND last week. I also agree that losing Clark really hurts us when palying Denver. That's why we need home field the next time we play them - Playoffs!

Based on tonight I see no guarantee Denver is going to the playoffs

zcoop
09-17-2012, 10:13 PM
Based on tonight I see no guarantee Denver is going to the playoffs

I think they got caught up like we did last weekend. Atlanta is hyped up for the first home game and we know how tough they play at the dome. So, Denver just ran into a buzz saw but they'll be back. As long as they have jughead manning.

GoFor7
09-17-2012, 10:16 PM
LeBeau gave Manning too much space in the middle of the field and overall was just too conservative.

Atlanta Dan
09-17-2012, 10:19 PM
LeBeau gave Manning too much space in the middle of the field and overall was just too conservative.

After watching yesterday's game i am willing to chalk a lot of that up to Clark not playing

casteeler
09-17-2012, 10:28 PM
Easy explanation. The Steelers CBs aren't nearly as good as the Falcon CBs

Atlanta Dan
09-17-2012, 10:38 PM
Easy explanation. The Steelers CBs aren't nearly as good as the Falcon CBs

And perhaps the Falcons best CB tore his achilles last week and is not playing tonight

tony hipchest
09-17-2012, 10:49 PM
After watching yesterday's game i am willing to chalk a lot of that up to Clark not playingclark happens to cover ALOT of space in the middle, and side to side... and behind the LOS, despite the clowns who say his coverage skills suck (as if hes a CB in a man-to-man scheme)

casteeler
09-17-2012, 10:50 PM
And perhaps the Falcons best CB tore his achilles last week and is not playing tonight

Scary to think how easily Manning pick the Steeler DBs apart

GoFor7
09-17-2012, 11:27 PM
We always hear how LeBeau's defensive schemes are too complex for most rookies to understand until they get a year under their belt. Look around the NFL though, other teams start rookies on defense and they are able to thrive. Is it time that maybe LeBeau simplifies things on this defense? Atlanta has a lot of young guys on their defense and they looked way more competent than the Steelers defense did last week.

tony hipchest
09-17-2012, 11:39 PM
We always hear how LeBeau's defensive schemes are too complex for most rookies to understand until they get a year under their belt. Look around the NFL though, other teams start rookies on defense and they are able to thrive. Is it time that maybe LeBeau simplifies things on this defense? Atlanta has a lot of young guys on their defense and they looked way more competent than the Steelers defense did last week.mike nolan is also working for his 7th team. lebeau has worked for 4(???) since the 70's and coached in a hell of alot more superbowls.

has anyone stopped to think atlanta might have benefited from actually having 4 complete quarters of manning on film in a denver uniform to study? :dang:

GoFor7
09-17-2012, 11:44 PM
mike nolan is also working for his 7th team. lebeau has worked for 4(???) since the 70's and coached in a hell of alot more superbowls.

has anyone stopped to think atlanta might have benefited from actually having 4 complete quarters of manning on film in a denver uniform to study? :dang:

That may be true, but I'm not just talking about this game between the Broncos and Falcons. I'm talking in general.