PDA

View Full Version : PATDOWNS UNCONSTITUTIONAL AT FOOTBALL GAMES

Maidenarcher
08-01-2006, 05:20 PM
I just saw this video clip on cnn about this guy in Tampa who is filing some claim because he feels patdowns at nfl games are unconstitutional. He even has the ACLU on his side regarding this issue....
Smucks like this really piss me off...As a fan of concerts, football games, and whatever, I feel safer knowing that people are being patted down before entering a venue or stadium...I have no desire to get shot by some crazed rival fan cause I'm wearing a Steelers Jersey and his team sucks or blown up over anything.
F*^#*% IDIOT!

If you want to see the video it is on yahoo's homepage...

boLT fan
08-01-2006, 05:31 PM
Blow him up.

83-Steelers-43
08-01-2006, 05:31 PM
I have no problem with patdowns at Heinz. If it's meant to keep me safe, no complaints here.

The ACLU is involved? No! That can't be!

HburgXL06
08-01-2006, 06:00 PM
If we only could trust human beings and fans of any team to be so honest and pure hearted for the sport as to not involve violence and firearms or whatever other weapons in a football game. But c'mon people, we want to be safe. After all, this isn't soccer!

BuFu

tony hipchest
08-01-2006, 06:13 PM
If we only could trust human beings and fans of any team to be so honest and pure hearted for the sport as to not involve violence and firearms or whatever other weapons in a football game. But c'mon people, we want to be safe. After all, this isn't soccer!

BuFuthis isnt about a disgruntled fan or a fan at all. this went into effect after 9/11 when a stadium full of people would seem an attractive target for a terrorist (an obvious non football fan - or american sportsfan for that matter)

a suicide bomber could kill dozens of people instilling fear (terrorizing tens of thousands)

a psycho raiderfan who capped 5-10 people after a humiliating defeat woud garner some national media attention, but the sporting world would go on.

id hate to see a nutjob make his way into a stadium with a handgun, let alone a terrorist strapped with c-4.

actually the terrorists would probably have the highest priced suite and be allowed to walk right in with a laptop or breifcase with some nuclear device or nerve agent. either way all people should be checked. if they dont like it, dont go to the games.

its kinda like a masked gunman suing me cause i wont let him into my house after he knocks on my door.

Maidenarcher
08-01-2006, 06:25 PM

BuFu

Yeah, that is crazy...I just saw a movie about the hooligan football (soccer) gangs in England...The Greenstreet Hooligans...

BlackNGold203
08-01-2006, 06:26 PM
Everyone wants protection...to feel safe...but no one wants inconvenienced in any way....

Cant have it both ways...

In my humble...if youre uptight about being patted down..youre prolly hiding something

Maidenarcher
08-01-2006, 06:32 PM
How's it the ACLU's business?? They'd have a point if this were government action, but a private entity can do patdowns if it wants.

You know the ACLU, NAACP, and any of those type of organizations love to jump into any and everything....
If someone thought their civil rights were being violated because they smelled someone's shit while in the bathroom and it made them nauseated, these groups would get involved.
Sorry, to be vile, but my goodness, it's the truth......And, you get my point.

HburgXL06
08-01-2006, 07:29 PM
this isnt about a disgruntled fan or a fan at all. this went into effect after 9/11 when a stadium full of people would seem an attractive target for a terrorist (an obvious non football fan - or american sportsfan for that matter)

a suicide bomber could kill dozens of people instilling fear (terrorizing tens of thousands)

a psycho raiderfan who capped 5-10 people after a humiliating defeat woud garner some national media attention, but the sporting world would go on.

id hate to see a nutjob make his way into a stadium with a handgun, let alone a terrorist strapped with c-4.

actually the terrorists would probably have the highest priced suite and be allowed to walk right in with a laptop or breifcase with some nuclear device or nerve agent. either way all people should be checked. if they dont like it, dont go to the games.

its kinda like a masked gunman suing me cause i wont let him into my house after he knocks on my door.

I omitted commentin on a terrorist threat but I agree that that is more of a threat than just some nut wit a handgun or a group wantin to start a riot.

BuFu

tony hipchest
08-01-2006, 07:49 PM
I omitted commentin on a terrorist threat but I agree that that is more of a threat than just some nut wit a handgun or a group wantin to start a riot.

BuFunot that i was raggin on your post, its just that these patdowns and security measures really werent even implemented before 9-11. for this fan to bitch and raise hell is kinda bogus. these are different times we live in where gatherings of 50,000 people are quite a target.

i wonder if these patdowns go on at nascar events that can attract up to 200,000 people?
(im thinking they dont, so the dude has a small point)

SteelCityMan786
08-01-2006, 08:21 PM
Ok so whoever complained about it can go to every stadium have his picture taken for the list of banned fans. Pat Downs are for safety reasons. Not so people can touch in apporpriate spots.

83-Steelers-43
08-02-2006, 07:11 AM
Mike & Mike are reporting this bonehead won his case.

Maidenarcher
08-02-2006, 05:39 PM
Mike & Mike are reporting this bonehead won his case.
That really ticks me off!

SteelerFanInCA
08-02-2006, 05:57 PM
I guess this guys never been to a Raiders\Chargers game. :boxing: :boxing: