PDA

View Full Version : The Romney Tape

Vis
09-18-2012, 08:40 AM
Funny stuff. And it will trickle out piece by piece.

But first:

PVyXbTn-YIo

Vis
09-18-2012, 09:14 AM
SECRET VIDEO: Romney Tells Millionaire Donors What He REALLY Thinks of Obama Voters

During a private fundraiser earlier this year, Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney told a small group of wealthy contributors what he truly thinks of all the voters who support President Barack Obama. He dismissed these Americans as freeloaders who pay no taxes, who don't assume responsibility for their lives, and who think government should take care of them. Fielding a question from a donor about how he could triumph in November, Romney replied:

There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what…These are people who pay no income tax.

Romney went on: "[M]y job is is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

Mother Jones has obtained video of Romney at this intimate fundraiser—where he candidly discussed his campaign strategy and foreign policy ideas in stark terms he does not use in public—and has confirmed its authenticity. To protect the confidential source who provided the video, we have blurred some of the image, and we will not identify the date or location of the event, which occurred after Romney had clinched the Republican presidential nomination. [UPDATE: We can now report [1] that this fundraiser was held at the Boca Raton home of controversial private equity manager Marc Leder on May 17 and we've removed the blurring from the video. See the original blurred videos here.]

http://www.motherjones.com/print/195471

Vis
09-18-2012, 09:26 AM
So many things wrong with what Romney said.

First, it is true that almost half of the electorate will vote for Obama. The same is true for Romney. The fight is always for the small percentage in the middle, and to keep the fringe in line and not voting green or libertarian etc... But that has nothing to do with who pays income taxes.

Most of those not paying income taxes come from red states.

http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/mt/assets/politics/nonpayers.banner.taxfound.jpg

60% of those not paying income taxes do have jobs and pay payroll taxes. The payroll taxes for those workers actually add up to a greater percentage of taxes than the income tax Romney paid last year. He didn't pay payroll taxes because his income isn't wages. Bully for him. Romney, by the words of his statement said these people have no sense of personal responsibility. I hope all the people working terrible hours for too little pay and no benefits vote for Obama. If they do, it's over for Romney.

Of the remaining, most are elderly retired people. Romney, by the words of his statement said these people have no sense of personal responsibility. I hope all the elderly retired people who no longer pay an income tax vote for Obama. If they do it's over for Romney.

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/taxtopics/images/Breakdown3-06-17-11.gif

Vis
09-18-2012, 09:55 AM
Here's Why Mitt's 100% Wrong on the 47%
by David Frum

Mitt Romney has just committed the worst presidential-candidate gaffe since Gerald Ford announced in 1976 that "there is no Soviet domination of Eastern Europe.

Irreparable? To Romney's image, yes; to his election chances ... we'll see. But you know who's determined that Romney never recover? His deluded supporters in the conservative media world.

Here's National Review news editor Daniel Foster. After conceding that Romney's remarks about the 47% were maladroit, Foster wrote:

In other words, the more fully Romney owns these comments the less the press can report them as a “gaffe.” Romney is now in a position that he has to bring the fight to Obama on the entitlement state.

Likewise, former National Review editor John O'Sullivan:

If Romney responds to the Mother Jones story by backing off from his basic argument that far too many Americans are dependent upon the government and that this dependency skews their votes, he will weaken his campaign enormously.

My Twitter feed has a lot more in this vein, and expect it to become the definitive conservative point of view after Rush Limbaugh weighs in at noon.

Romney was expressing views that are widely held among a certain group of conservatives, and they are determined to make it as awkward as possible for him to retreat from those views.

You might wonder: why?

As David Brooks asked this morning:

Who are these freeloaders? Is it the Iraq war veteran who goes to the V.A.? Is it the student getting a loan to go to college? Is it the retiree on Social Security or Medicare?

More than one-fifth of Romney's moocher 47% are elderly: people who pay no income taxes because their income takes the form of Social Security - many of those people are Republican voters (even if they don't understand "dependency" to apply to them).

Among today's elderly, the great majority will receive more in Medicare benefits than they ever paid in taxes - dependency again. You can do the math for yourself and your parents right here:

(Those who retired prior to 1967 received full Medicare benefits without ever paying into Medicare at all.)

And as Ezra Klein pointed out yesterday, more than 60% of the 47% pay payroll taxes. At 15.3%, the payroll tax rate represents a higher rate of tax than that paid by Mitt Romney himself.

Only about one-fifth of taxpayers are non-elderly people who pay no tax at all, and they are paying no tax mostly because they are unemployed in the worst economic crisis since the 1930s, a crisis that candidate Romney blames on the president and promises to correct. It seems a hard saying to call these promised beneficiaries of a Romney recovery people who don't take responsibility for their lives.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/09/18/here-s-why-mitt-s-100-wrong-on-the-47.html

Atlanta Dan
09-18-2012, 11:00 AM
Epic fail - leaving aside the question of what sort of Presidential candidate thinks it is a good idea to trash 47% of the electorate, the idea that working poor people and an 80 year old living off Social Security are those who “believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them.” is epic bullsh**

When David Brooks goes after the GOP nominee like he does today he is in big trouble

Thurston Howell Romney

Sure, there are some government programs that cultivate patterns of dependency in some people. I’d put federal disability payments and unemployment insurance in this category. But, as a description of America today, Romney’s comment is a country-club fantasy. It’s what self-satisfied millionaires say to each other. It reinforces every negative view people have about Romney.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/18/opinion/brooks-thurston-howell-romney.html?ref=opinion

http://imgur.com/iCRww.jpg

Vis
09-18-2012, 11:06 AM
From a political standpoint this kills Romney because any message he was planning for the week is gone. This tape will be the topic. Next up, the GOP platform supports a 2-state solution with an sovereign Palestine. Romney Tape trashes that.

Vis
09-18-2012, 11:10 AM
SECRET VIDEO: On Israel, Romney Trashes Two-State Solution

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/09/romney-secret-video-israeli-palestinian-middle-east-peace

"And I look at the Palestinians not wanting to see peace anyway, for political purposes, committed to the destruction and elimination of Israel, and I say there's just no way."

In the debates will he support the GOP platform on Israel and Palestine or reject it? Why doesn't the platform reflect his views? Is Romney the puppet of the GOP or it's leader?

Atlanta Dan
09-18-2012, 11:14 AM
Being part of the one percent does have its advantages

The reported host of a private $50,000-a-plate fundraiser that has come to haunt Mitt Romney this week is a prominent Florida private equity manager who has attracted media attention for partying with the rich and famous.

Marc J. Leder, the co-founder of Sun Capital Partners of Boca Raton, Fla., was named by Mother Jones journalist David Corn Monday night as the host of a Romney fundraiser May 17 that was secretly videotaped by an unidentified attendee. Romney has come under fire for remarks at the event in which he dismissed the “47 percent” of Americans who support Obama as “victims” who are “dependent on government” and “who believe they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, you name it.”

Leder, who has given nearly $300,000 to Romney and other Republicans this cycle, used part of his fortune to become a co-owner of the Philadelphia 76ers basketball team and has become a fixture of New York tabloid reports, hobnobbing with rap mogul Russell Simmons and other celebrities. The New York Post dubbed him a “private equity party boy.”

In August 2011, the same tabloid reported on a Hamptons bacchanal at a $500,000-a-night oceanfront mansion rented by Leder, “where guests cavorted nude in the pool and performed sex acts, scantily dressed Russians danced on platforms and men twirled lit torches to a booming techno beat.”

Leder, described in press reports as a divorced father of three, later dismissed such reports as exaggerated in an interview with the New York Times. “I think the portrayal of me as having wild and crazy parties is absolutely incorrect,” he said in January. “I spend a small percentage throwing some parties, attending some parties. I like music. I like to dance. But rather than reporting on how I spend 340 days and nights of my year, the media likes to report on the other 25.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-2012/wp/2012/09/17/major-romney-fundraiser-hosted-event-leaked-by-mother-jones/?wprss=rss_politics

Sources say Leder, said to be worth $400 million, has been on a partying jag since his wife of 22 years, Lisa, cheated on him with a 23-year-old tennis instructor in 2009.

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/parties_high_bar_hnNHG3a85TrmiVmoXP5ohP

The other TWENTY-FIVE?:sofunny: It is good to be Marc Leder

harrison'samonster
09-18-2012, 12:28 PM
Atlanta Dan, that cartoon is fantastic! I absolutely love it.

Even as an Obama supporter, I'd have to believe this will have little affect on the election outcome. I think this election is going to turn more on fear than any that I can remember.

Fire Arians
09-18-2012, 06:02 PM
Atlanta Dan, that cartoon is fantastic! I absolutely love it.

Even as an Obama supporter, I'd have to believe this will have little affect on the election outcome. I think this election is going to turn more on fear than any that I can remember.

It won't, the sad thing about American voters, is they won't even vote for what's in their best interest. A lot of those elderly voters are pro-republican who will vote for 'their team' even if it's shooting themselves in the foot.

People seem to just back their party no matter what, there are very few true independent voters anymore.

tony hipchest
09-18-2012, 06:37 PM
so how many times did he drop the 'N'-bomb?

Vis
09-18-2012, 07:22 PM
so how many times did he drop the 'N'-bomb?

Seventy three

tony hipchest
09-18-2012, 07:30 PM
73? DAYUM!!! i woulda guessed only four.

so it must have been longer than a 5 minute speech then?

Atlanta Dan
09-18-2012, 07:41 PM
73? DAYUM!!! i woulda guessed only four.

so it must have been longer than a 5 minute speech then?

49 minutes -

The Romney campaign and Prince Harry's security in Vegas had the same attention to detail with regard to requiring everyone to leave their smartphones at the door - full frontal Mitt below

mUEHpc6JKw8

rBj0joyCeag

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/09/watch-full-secret-video-private-romney-fundraiser

tony hipchest
09-18-2012, 07:59 PM
it looks like the camera is hidden amongst a bunch of silver chalices and goblets, kinda like the holy grail in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

maybe it was hidden in a tarnished garbage piece of brass from PAWN STARS or a Red Solo cup that only an Obama supporter would touch. :hunch:

Atlanta Dan
09-18-2012, 08:05 PM
it looks like the camera is hidden amongst a bunch of silver chalices and goblets, kinda like the holy grail in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

maybe it was hidden in a tarnished garbage piece of brass from PAWN STARS or a Red Solo cup that only an Obama supporter would touch. :hunch:

The sidebar game is guessing who videoed Mitt - leftist mistress of one of the contributors who ponied up $50K to attend or a bitter waiter that is among the 47% that sponges off us hard working taxpayers?

tony hipchest
09-18-2012, 08:20 PM
The sidebar game is guessing who videoed Mitt - leftist mistress of one of the contributors who ponied up $50K to attend or a bitter waiter that is among the 47% that sponges off us hard working taxpayers?definitely a member of the wait staff. after all they are the scum of the earth who's entire careers are built around accepting free handouts in the form of tips. And if your in a party of 8 or larger you are automatically taxed 15% of your meal for "gratuity" :puke:

i mean if i tip the waiter at dennys a buck for filling my coffee and asking if i want ketchup for my burger for 45 minutes, i expect to get the same and pay the same at a $50,000/plate event.

these people get $2.18 an hour mandatory salary.... if they wanted more they shoulda went to college and been an entrepreneur/doctor/stock broker.

Fire Haley
09-18-2012, 08:34 PM
Instead of being outraged that Romney said 47% don't pay federal income taxes, be outraged that 47% don't pay federal income taxes.

tony hipchest
09-18-2012, 08:45 PM
Instead of being outraged that Romney said 47% don't pay federal income taxes, be outraged that 47% don't pay federal income taxes.

hater.

every GOPer thinks they should pay 0% federal income taxes. :coffee:

tony hipchest
09-18-2012, 08:47 PM
its quite a shame all those soldiers returning home from iraq and afghanistan w/o limbs cant get jobs to pay their due. :rolleyes:

Atlanta Dan
09-18-2012, 08:59 PM

Agreed - I am tired of 80 year olds that live off Social Security not paying their fair share

But contrary to popular myth the non-federal income taxpayers are not just welfare moms waiting for their next check that they will spend on wine and crack rather than birth control as they have yet another kid out of wedlock from yet another deadbeat dad who also is not paying income taxes'

When Romney talks about the people who don't pay taxes and tries to make you believe that 47 percent of us are moochers living off the system, it's important to recognize that the people who don't pay federal income taxes are mostly the elderly and students. And notice how narrow the category is -- it's only federal income taxes -- but there are lots of other types of taxes. When all things are considered, "nearly 100 percent of Americans pay taxes in some way, shape or form":

Incorporating the additional—and significant—other forms of taxation into our calculation leads to the conclusion that nearly 100 percent of Americans pay taxes in some way, shape or form. All consumers bear the burden of state and local property, sales, and income taxes, as well as excise taxes on items like gasoline, alcohol, or cigarettes. These other taxes tend to be regressive, imposing more of a burden on low-income families than on high-income families—the state and local tax burden is over twice as large as the federal tax burden for the bottom fifth of household

http://economistsview.typepad.com/economistsview/2012/09/nontaxpayers-are-overwhelmingly-the-eldery-and-students.html

Moreover, low-income households as a group do, in fact, pay federal taxes. Congressional Budget Office data show that the poorest fifth of households paid an average of 4.0 percent of their incomes in federal taxes in 2007, the latest year for which these data are available — not an insignificant amount given how modest these households’ incomes are; the poorest fifth of households had average income of $18,400 in 2007.[6] The next-to-the bottom fifth — those with incomes between $20,500 and $34,300 in 2007 — paid an average of 10.6 percent of their incomes in federal taxes. ...

When all federal, state, and local taxes are taken into account, the bottom fifth of households pays about 16 percent of their incomes in taxes, on average. The second-poorest fifth pays about 21 percent

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm?fa=view&id=3505

Being poor is great - I wish I was such a lucky ducky

tony hipchest
09-18-2012, 09:10 PM
why is it the richest of republicans that have "wallet envy"?

probably to deflect attention from the dick in their trousers they wanna **** the masses with.

Atlanta Dan
09-18-2012, 09:28 PM
At last someone has dispensed with speaking in code:thumbsup:

cvLeQbwuKys

http://youtu.be/cvLeQbwuKys

tony hipchest
09-18-2012, 09:37 PM
:toofunny:

so wrong.... :sofunny:

Vis
09-18-2012, 09:49 PM

I'm outraged that 60% of those who don't pay federal income taxes work for a living in jobs with no benefits and don't make enough in those miserable jobs to reach taxable income levels. Join me, killer, in proposing not only a minimum living wage but one that is high enough to reach a taxable level.

Fire Haley
09-18-2012, 09:54 PM
Join me, killer, in proposing not only a minimum living wage but one that is high enough to reach a taxable level.

If Barry gets re-elected I'll apply for every freebie I can get... good enough?

Vis
09-18-2012, 09:57 PM
If Barry gets re-elected I'll apply for every freebie I can get... good enough?

Off topic. Should the guy roofing your house in 95 degree weather be below the poverty line? He probably is and he doesn't pay federal taxes and he fits no one's definition of lazy. But Romney doesn't need his vote. good.

Fire Haley
09-18-2012, 10:19 PM
Off topic. Should the guy roofing your house in 95 degree weather be below the poverty line? He probably is and he doesn't pay federal taxes and he fits no one's definition of lazy. But Romney doesn't need his vote. good.

I just spent $7000 for a new roof - those guys were done in a day and a half and I heard them say they were taking the rest of the week off. I never heard them complaining about the heat.

I've been waiting for a cane for 5 ****ing years to come along so I could make a claim and get my blue tarp FEMA money dammit.....no such luck - thanks alot global warming! you suck

Vis
09-18-2012, 10:23 PM
I just spent $7000 for a new roof - those guys were done in a day and a half and I heard them say they were taking the rest of the week off. I never heard them complaining about the heat.

You share Romney's scorn of manual laborers, the retired and disabled veterans. Good for you.

Fire Haley
09-18-2012, 10:29 PM
You share Romney's scorn of manual laborers, the retired and disabled veterans. Good for you.

ha ha, nice bait

you know I'm a retired vet, just try and bump up your disability, the VA will never allow it

Vis
09-18-2012, 10:36 PM
ha ha, nice bait

you know I'm a retired vet, just try and bump up your disability, the VA will never allow it

some don't need to "bump up" anything. But they are part off Romney's 47% who don't have personal responsibility. The retired anso part of the 47%. His housekeepers, part of his 47%. Most of the people who built his car elevator, part of the 47%. Every textile worker in SC, part of the 47%. How did Romney describe all these people? They all cause you outrage.

Does this count as the type of fact checking the GOP now ignores?

Fire Haley
09-18-2012, 10:46 PM
I will only vote for Romney to get the Great Satan out of the White House.

any sane person would

Fire Haley
09-19-2012, 11:16 AM
the swing states will decide it...

Election 2012: New Hampshire President New Hampshire: Romney 48%, Obama 45%

Mitt Romney has now taken the lead in the swing state of New Hampshire

Colorado: Romney 47%, Obama 45%

Mitt Romney has edged slightly ahead of President Obama in the battleground state of Colorado.

Election 2012: North Carolina President: Romney 51%, Obama 45%

Mitt Romney has cleared the 50% mark again in the battleground state of North Carolina despite the presence of the Democratic National Convention there little over a week ago

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/

---------------------

45% for the incumbent won't cut it.

51% disapproval for Barry. Nothing coming in the news during the next 48 days is going to improve that....

Vis
09-19-2012, 11:23 AM
You used the worst poll. It's never right. Why? Uses only land lines.

Fire Haley
09-19-2012, 11:39 AM
Jews now against Obama? - he loses

http://www.mybuyersremorse.com/

http://i46.tinypic.com/2akd8c8.jpg

Vis
09-19-2012, 12:54 PM
Time for an Intervention

It’s time to admit the Romney campaign is an incompetent one. It’s not big, it’s not brave, it’s not thoughtfully tackling great issues. It’s always been too small for the moment. All the activists, party supporters and big donors should be pushing for change. People want to focus on who at the top is least constructive and most responsible. Fine, but Mitt Romney is no puppet: He chooses who to listen to. An intervention is in order. “Mitt, this isn’t working.”

Peggy Noonan

Fire Haley
09-19-2012, 01:25 PM
It's a knock-down, drag-out fight from here on in.

Lord Obama better get ready to get his nose bloodied - Mitt is coming out swinging.....ha ha ha

this is great - I demand entertainment

MACH1
09-19-2012, 01:45 PM

Lord Obama better get ready to get his nose bloodied - Mitt is coming out swinging.....ha ha ha

bQu2SVFF-cU

:toofunny:

Vis
09-19-2012, 02:10 PM

That only works if he stops bloodying himself.

Vis
09-19-2012, 02:17 PM
http://www.people-press.org/files/2012/09/9-19-12-1.png

http://www.people-press.org/files/2012/09/9-19-12-2.png

http://www.people-press.org/files/2012/09/9-19-12-3.png

http://www.people-press.org/files/2012/09/9-19-12-4.png

At this stage in the campaign, Barack Obama is in a strong position compared with past victorious presidential candidates. With an eight-point lead over Mitt Romney among likely voters, Obama holds a bigger September lead than the last three candidates who went on to win in November, including Obama four years ago. In elections since 1988, only Bill Clinton, in 1992 and 1996, entered the fall with a larger advantage.

Not only does Obama enjoy a substantial lead in the horserace, he tops Romney on a number of key dimensions. His support is stronger than his rival’s, and is positive rather than negative. Mitt Romney’s backers are more ardent than they were pre-convention, but are still not as enthusiastic as Obama’s.

Roughly half of Romney’s supporters say they are voting against Obama rather than for the Republican nominee. With the exception of Bill Clinton in 1992, candidates lacking mostly positive backing have lost in November.

http://www.people-press.org/2012/09/19/obama-ahead-with-stronger-support-better-image-and-lead-on-most-issues/

Atlanta Dan
09-19-2012, 02:58 PM

Don't bet against the Obama campaign HQ in Chicago:chuckle:

xOvH-7lcjb0

Vis
09-19-2012, 03:02 PM
Romney's bigger problem is the number of GOP mouthpieces calling out his campaign gaffes.

I say that here so I can post this, inspired by Dan's post.

I5m4jpUyb-g

Atlanta Dan
09-19-2012, 03:08 PM
Time for an Intervention

It’s time to admit the Romney campaign is an incompetent one. It’s not big, it’s not brave, it’s not thoughtfully tackling great issues. It’s always been too small for the moment. All the activists, party supporters and big donors should be pushing for change. People want to focus on who at the top is least constructive and most responsible. Fine, but Mitt Romney is no puppet: He chooses who to listen to. An intervention is in order. “Mitt, this isn’t working.”

Peggy Noonan

Two more nuggets from known leftist Peggy Noonan and a link to the column quoted by Vis

As for those workers who don’t pay any income taxes, they pay payroll taxes—Social Security and Medicare. They want to rise in the world and make more money. They’d like to file a 1040 because that will mean they got a raise or a better job....

the logic of Romney’s fundraising has seemed, for some time, slightly crazy. He’s raising money so he can pile it in at the end, with ads. But at the end will they make much difference? Obama is said to have used a lot of his money early on, to paint a portrait of Romney as Thurston Howell III, as David Brooks put it. That was a gamble on Obama’s part: spend it now, pull ahead in the battlegrounds, once we pull ahead more money will come in because money follows winners, not losers.

If I’m seeing things right, that strategy is paying off.

Romney’s staff used to brag they had a lower burn rate, they were saving it up. For what? For the moment when Americans would rather poke out their eyeballs and stomp on the goo than listen to another ad?

Also, Mr. Romney’s ads are mostly boring. It’s kind of an achievement to be boring at a moment in history like this, so credit where it’s due: That musta taken effort!

http://blogs.wsj.com/peggynoonan/2012/09/18/time-for-an-intervention/

MACH1
09-19-2012, 03:15 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/25054331.jpg

Atlanta Dan
09-19-2012, 04:03 PM
Bill Kristol at The Weekly Standard rips into Mitt by comparing Romney to... wait for it ... ... Obama :jawdrop:

So we have in 2012 two presidential candidates who—when they thought they were speaking privately to their fellow 1 percenters—have shown contempt for fellow Americans....

It remains important for the country that Romney wins in November (unless he chooses to step down and we get the Ryan-Rubio ticket we deserve!). :chuckle:But that shouldn't blind us to the fact that Romney's comments, like those of Obama four years ago, are stupid and arrogant.

Indeed: Has there been a presidential race in modern times featuring two candidates who have done so little over their lifetimes for our country, and who have so little substance to say about the future of our country?

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/note-romney-s-arrogant-and-stupid-remarks_652548.html

Looks like the GOP campaign has reached the circular firing squad stage

Fire Haley
09-19-2012, 05:15 PM
BWAhahaha

oversampling of Dem polls inflates Obama's backing

September 19, 2012

CBS POLL: GOP HAS HUGE TURNOUT EDGE OVER DEMS

One of the chief reasons the media is so mistaken in their zeal to proclaim Obama the election winner is that most of the polls they're basing their predictions on are wildly inflating Democrat turnout.

The overwhelming majority of media polls are assuming an electorate that is at least as Democrat as the one in 2008, with many polls assuming a higher Democrat turnout. This is just daft. The latest CBS poll of 3 swing states is the most recent to show that GOP has a huge turnout advantage over Democrats.

Yesterday, CBS/NYT released its latest Quinnipiac poll of Colorado, Virginia and Wisconsin. With the exception of CO, the polls had heavy Democrat skews, so the head-to-head match-ups aren't particularly informative. What was telling though was the differences in enthusiasm between the two parties.

In all three states, a majority of Republicans say they are more enthusiastic about voting this year, compared to about a third of Democrats who are. In Colorado and Virginia, GOP voters are more enthusiastic than Democrats by a 15 point margin. In Wisconsin, GOP enthusiasm outpaces Democrats by 16 points.

http://cdn.breitbart.com/mediaserver/Breitbart/Big-Government/2012/TopRaces/file_0_original.jpg

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/09/19/cbs-poll-gop-voters-getting-more-enthusiastic-about-election-huge-edge-over-democrats

---------------------------

oh, those young birkenstock hippies that were drooling for Barry in '08 just found out their trust funds are going bye-bye to pay for Obama's "redistribution of weallth".

Atlanta Dan
09-19-2012, 05:25 PM
BWAhahaha

oversampling of Dem polls inflates Obama's backing

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/09/19/cbs-poll-gop-voters-getting-more-enthusiastic-about-election-huge-edge-over-democrats

---------------------------

I guess your man Mike Flynn that breitbart.com linked to can take off after this poll tomorrow:noidea::coffee:

Obama Ahead with Stronger Support, Better Image and Lead on Most Issues

Democrats Narrow Engagement Gap

The new survey, which began a week after the Democratic convention ended, finds that Democratic engagement in the 2012 election has spiked, and the engagement gap evident earlier in the campaign has largely disappeared. Democratic voters are now as likely as Republicans to say they have given quite a lot of thought to the election and are following campaign news as closely. Democratic voters also are as committed to voting, and as certain of their vote, as are their GOP counterparts.

Consequently, Obama’s overall advantage – he leads 51% to 42% among registered voters – does not narrow significantly when looking only at those most likely to vote. Among 2,192 likely voters, Obama leads Romney, 51% to 43%.

http://www.people-press.org/2012/09/19/obama-ahead-with-stronger-support-better-image-and-lead-on-most-issues/

Fire Haley
09-19-2012, 05:28 PM
I haven't seen a single Obama bumper sticker driving all over the state of FL

he's doomed

Atlanta Dan
09-19-2012, 06:07 PM

he's doomed

That's because Obama's core 47% that is on the dole and does not pay taxes has to ride public transit or hitchhike rather than owning a car on which to put a bumpersticker

In addition, putting a bumpersticker on the car would constitute an act of taking responsibility for your life and Mitt has educated us on why Obama supporters are incapable of doing that. They are waiting for the government to give them a bumpersticker:chuckle:

Fire Haley
09-19-2012, 06:10 PM
Barry is scrambling now....

OBAMA REVERSES POSITION ON INTEL BRIEFS, DROPS IPAD FOR LIVE MEETINGS

http://cdn.breitbart.com/mediaserver/Breitbart/Obama-iPad.png

When Washington Post columnist Marc Thiessen and the Government Accountability Institute reported that President Obama has attended less than half of his Presidential Daily Briefs (PDBs) on intelligence, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney called the findings "hilarious."

The next day, U.S. Libyan Ambassador Chris Stevens and three American staff members were murdered.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012/09/19/Exclusive-Obama-Reverses-Position-On-Intel-Briefs-Drops-iPad-For-Live-Meetings

----------------------------

DOOMED!

tony hipchest
09-19-2012, 11:17 PM
its funny, i remember obama didnt have any bumper stickers in FLA in 2008. it was also pointed out that he didnt have any yard signs in new hampshire either.

SF's GOP booster club informed us that all the polls that had him ahead of mccain were false and not a true representation of what would happen on election day.

he was DOOMED back then as well.

republicans desperately grasping at straws will again point out he has absolutely no executive leader experience in 4....3....2....1....

but im with killer... i just want entertainment. were all in the same boat in the same sea with the same icebergs and it doesnt matter who's captaining the ship.

tony hipchest
09-19-2012, 11:28 PM
i admire the donald. infact, he is one of my idols. hes owned a professional football team, owns a casino, the miss USA and universe pageant, skyscarapers in NYC, penthouses, mansions, yachts, jets, copters, has beatuiful wives and the perfect children (his daughter is amazingly stunning and smart). whats not to like?

he's pretty much called obama everything in the book. now he is "unlucky".

i guess trump woulda had greater luck killing osama bin laden because of his fortunes at the roulette wheel.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Trump-Obama-unlucky-president/2012/09/17/id/452073

Billionaire real estate mogul Donald Trump on Monday dubbed President Barack Obama “an unlucky president” and said that Republicans should be winning the election in a “landslide” rather than the close contest pollsters are predicting.

“We have an unlucky president he’s been unlucky for this country,” declared Trump appearing by telephone on the “Fox & Friends” broadcast. “Everything he touches turns to trouble. They talk about his foreign policy. His foreign policy is a disaster. The Middle East is exploding. With all the billions and trillions — not billions — trillions we’ve spent there — it’s exploding. Our economy stinks. He’s an unlucky president for this country.”

Trump said that he has known business people over the years who have suffered a similar affliction.

“Their businesses go bad no matter what happens,” he explained. “The economy can be good. Anything can happen. I’ve known many of them over the years — businessmen, they’re unlucky. He’s an unlucky president.”

The host of the hit NBC show "Celebrity Apprentice," Trump paid the Obama re-election team a backhanded compliment.

“You have to say one thing about Obama: He’s got an amazing team of people around him — amazing,” he observed. “Anything anybody says about Obama, they immediately attack them and put everybody on the defensive. We need somebody to go in there and really attack because otherwise they’re going to lose the election.”

Insisting that GOP nominee Mitt Romney should be enjoying a wide lead over President Obama, Trump said “it’s too early to say” if the Republican team is lacking in some way.

“The Republicans are doing something wrong,” he said. “Their convention was not good. The Democrats had a much better convention. Something is wrong with the Republicans and they have to get tougher and smarter or they’re going to lose this election and it’s almost impossible to lose.”

He warned that Republicans do not appear to be reaching the millions of Americans who are out of work.

“Everybody that doesn’t work is voting for Obama. And that’s a lot of people,” he explained. “I don’t know why. It should be the opposite. People that aren’t working should be voting for the Republicans. You look at what’s going on in the inner city where [Obama] is tremendously ahead in the inner city, and yet they have 50 and 60 percent unemployment. It should be the opposite. Somebody has to explain this. Somebody has to go out and explain this from the Republican Party.”

oh, theyre gonna lose it trumpy because just like in 2008 the republicans are proving to be a bunch of slapdicks who dont know jack shit about running a campaign. trump talks a good game, but like many of these GOP 1%ers who know it all and have the perfect answer to everything are to consumed with their own personal wealth and earning power to actually commit themselves to "public service".

serving the public is what the 47% who vote for obama do. it is beneath them.

i DO like what trump said about reaching the 50-60% unemployed who live in the inner cities. maybe romney should drive through these inner citied dropping N-Bombs to lure them out of their crack houses so he can explain to them why they are low llife, free loading 47%ers and how he has the cure if they hitch a ride to the nearest polling station to vote for him in november. :thumbsup:

Vis
09-20-2012, 04:39 AM
G.O.P. Blocks Veteran Jobs Bill
By LAWRENCE DOWNES
Veterans won’t be getting a new, billion-dollar jobs program, not from this Senate. Republicans on Wednesday afternoon blocked a vote on the Veterans Job Corps Bill after Jeff Sessions of Alabama raised a point of order — he said the bill violated a cap on spending agreed to by Congress last year. The bill’s sponsor, Patty Murray of Washington, said that shouldn’t matter, since the bill’s cost was fully offset by new revenues. She said Mr. Sessions and his party colleagues had been furiously generating excuses to oppose the bill, and were now exploiting a technicality to deny thousands of veterans a shot at getting hired as police officers, firefighters and parks workers, among other things.

The vote was 58-40; the bill needed 60 votes to proceed.

It would be easier to admire the Republicans’ late-breaking fiscal scrupulosity if their motives — denying the Obama administration any kind of victory this year, whatever the cost to jobless vets — weren’t so transparent. It’s probably useful to remind Republicans like John McCain (a “nay” on the jobs bill) that wounded, jobless and homeless veterans aren’t a fact of nature. They’re a product of the wars that Congress members voted for, the war debt they piled on, and the economy they helped ruin.

“It’s unbelievable that even after more than a decade of war, many Republicans still will not acknowledge that the treatment of our veterans is a cost of war,” Ms. Murray said in a statement after the vote.

http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/19/g-o-p-blocks-veteran-jobs-bill/?smid=tw-share

Vincent
09-20-2012, 09:34 AM

he's doomed

I haven't seen one anywhere in Charlotte. Didn't the party of satan have a party here recently?

He doesn't expect to win. His behavior is all the evidence we need. Its all over but the shouting. And it is incumbent on the real people to NOT be influenced by his lying shills in "the media".

http://www.wnd.com/2012/09/secret-re...xpect-to-lose/
Secret retirement plans: Does Obama expect to lose?
Insider reveals internal polls, luxury Hawaii estate ready for January
Published: 11 hours ago by Jerome R. Corsi

Are Obama insiders secretly making retirement plans for the Obamas with the expectation the president will lose his bid for re-election in November?

Very quietly, Obama’s chief financier, Penny Pritzker, has entered the Hawaii housing market to buy a retirement home for the president and his family that will be available not in 2016, but in January 2013, according to a confidential source within Pritzker’s Chicago organization

Pritzker, a wealthy Chicago business executive and heiress to the Hyatt Hotels fortune, served as national finance chairman for Obama’s 2008 campaign and is the co-chairman of his 2012 effort.

The source told WND that highly confidential internal polls conducted by the Obama campaign indicate Obama cannot win re-election, despite public surveys that show him in the lead.

“The public polls are mostly political,” the source argued. “Obama radicals want Romney supporters to feel discouraged and give up. Truth is that Romney’s winning.”

The source further told WND that Pritzker is experiencing frustration in her fundraising efforts, as wealthy donors who contributed generously to Obama in 2008 are not even returning her phone calls.

The source said Pritzker is “reminding everyone how generous to their supporters the Clintons were when they left office.”

“Everything is for sale. Ambassadorships, government grants, stimulus money – you name it,” the source told WND.

“There’s nearly three months between the Nov. 6 election and the Jan. 20 inauguration – plenty of time to hand out goodies to friends from the Oval Office.”

Aloha

Pritzker is telling potential donors that the Obamas have no intention of returning to Chicago when they leave the White House, according to the source.

She is also raising money for the Obama presidential library and museum, which also are slated for Hawaii.

Pritzker’s search for a developed property, suitable for occupancy four months from now, instead of property where a custom-designed estate might be built, is further indication that insiders believe Obama will not be re-elected.

Kevin DuJan, founder and editor of HillBuzz.org, first reported Pritzker was acting as a proxy to purchase a $35 million oceanfront estate in Kailua, the “Beverly Hills of Hawaii,” on the northeast shore of the island of Oahu.

DuJan reported billionaire Pritzker herself may contribute up to half the $35 million purchase price of the future Obama residence.

Hawaii Five-O

The property that appears to fit the description is an estate seen in a recent episode of the popular television show “Hawaii Five-O.”

As featured recently in Honolulu Magazine, the property consists of a main residence and a guest home located on 1.5 acres in an area called “Beachfront,” just before the Lanikai neighborhood in Kailua on Oahu’s Windward Coast.

Jeff Kerr of Kerr Michaels Design told Honolulu Magazine he designed the estate to replicate properties constructed in Hawaii in the early 1900s.

The interior of the house is 8,419 square feet, with another 5,359 square feet of lanai area. The main house has five bedrooms, five baths, two powder rooms, a professional media room and a cabana adjacent to the pool and spa.

A panoramic tour of the world-class, beachfront property can be taken on the Internet, allowing the viewer to “walk through” the home and see its expansive views of the Pacific Ocean.

Signals Obama will leave Chicago behind

In recent months, various members of the Obama family have been indicating that the family does not intend to return to Chicago when the Obama presidency ends.

On Sept. 14, the Weekly Standard reported Michelle Obama was asked by a school child during a visit to a Virginia YMCA where the Obamas would live if President Obama loses.

The first lady said the family would figure that out later, according to the pool report.

In an interview with USA Today in May, Michelle Obama de-emphasized the importance of returning to Chicago.

“So this is home in many ways,” she said, speaking about Chicago. “I mean, we have a house that has stuff in it back in Chicago. We have friends that we love who we invite here all the time.

“But the truth is,” she said, “is that if you plucked us up and put us anywhere right now, what we’d know with this change is that we’re always a family when we’re together. And in the end, that’s what really matters.”

DuJan at HillBuzz.org has been reporting that Michelle Obama’s mother, Marian Robinson, who is currently living with the Obama family in the White House, has been bragging about moving to Hawaii.

“It was fun while it lasted,” HillBuzz.org quotes Robinson as saying, “but wait until you see the place they’re buying for Michelle and Barack!”

Oh, but it's WND! You can't believe anything those right wing loons say. :jerkit:

SteelCityMom
09-20-2012, 10:09 AM
Tony hit the nail on the head...the GOP, at this point, has no clue how to run a campaign or present any kind of decent, viable candidates.

I'm not going to even pretend that I think Obama is a good president or anything, because he's not. But seriously, Romney? Santorum? Gingrich? That's the best the GOP could come up with as front runners? Pathetic. None of them are real conservatives anyhow, so I don't get what the GOP followers are so excited about. It just baffles me.

If Obama wins (and I honestly think he will), it's their own fault for treating this campaign like a circus show. Hopefully it can be a wake up call. But I doubt it.

Vis
09-20-2012, 10:13 AM
Tony hit the nail on the head...the GOP, at this point, has no clue how to run a campaign or present any kind of decent, viable candidates.

I'm not going to even pretend that I think Obama is a good president or anything, because he's not. But seriously, Romney? Santorum? Gingrich? That's the best the GOP could come up with as front runners? Pathetic. None of them are real conservatives anyhow, so I don't get what the GOP followers are so excited about. It just baffles me.

If Obama wins (and I honestly think he will), it's their own fault for treating this campaign like a circus show. Hopefully it can be a wake up call. But I doubt it.

List all the things a "real conservative" is. I think this is the GOP's problem, purity tests that eliminate so many. If you need a group to agree exactly on more and more things, the group gets smaller and smaller.

Bayz101
09-20-2012, 10:17 AM
The GOP has been PATHETIC with it's "arsenal" of presidential candidates. I don't care for Obama, but I wouldn't have voted for any of GOP either. The only candidate I even considered was Paul. I'm just at a complete loss as far as this goes. I think i'll just hide in a bunker.

Atlanta Dan
09-20-2012, 10:22 AM
The reason Mitt is having trouble is that Mitt thinks David Letterman hates him:sofunny:

This from the fundraiser video

I’ve been on Letterman a couple of times, I’ve been on Leno more than a couple of times, and now Letterman hates me because I’ve been on Leno more than him. They’re very jealous of each other, as you know. And I was asked to go on “Saturday Night Live.” I did not do that, in part because you want to show that you’re fun and you’re a good person, but you also want to be presidential. And “Saturday Night Live” has the potential of looking slapstick and not presidential. But “The View” is fine, although “The View” is high risk because of the five women on it, only one is conservative and four are sharp-tongued and not conservative, Whoopi Goldberg in particular. Although the last time I was on the show, she said to me, “You know what? I think I could vote for you.” And I said, “I must have done something really wrong.”

Dave's response

I don’t hate Mitt, and I think now more than ever, he and his lovely wife, Mrs. Mitt, are more than welcome to come on the show, and I’m telling you, if you think you’re going to get to the White House, you’ve gotta spend time in this chair … We’ll get him in here and we’ll see how it goes, that’s it. But I don’t, I certainly don’t hate Mitt because he’s done, I mean, been on Leno’s show more. I mean, why hate a guy who’s suffered through that?”

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/19/mitt-says-dave-hates-him-not-so-says-dave-who-invites-him-to-appear/

The fundraiser video is the gift that keeps on giving:thumbsup:

Vis
09-20-2012, 10:29 AM
Pawlenty has now stepped down as co-chair of Romney's campaign. Always a good sign....

SteelCityMom
09-20-2012, 10:49 AM
List all the things a "real conservative" is. I think this is the GOP's problem, purity tests that eliminate so many. If you need a group to agree exactly on more and more things, the group gets smaller and smaller.

Nope...that's not the GOP's problem at all. And it's basic principles, really (none of the social issues crap that federal gov't shouldn't be involved in anyhow). The backbone of it is fiscal responsibility (not pretend fiscal conservatism that slashes some money from one area, only to dump more into another). You could just stop right there on Romney's fake 'severely conservative' stance. He's not...not even close.

For instance, he's quoted as saying bailout programs (auto industry) wasted money, let companies go bankrupt. Then the next year he said that the US didn't bail out Wall St., we prevented financial failure. :doh: (Can't recall which article I read that in)

You could honestly find a lot of different answers to what a "real conservative" is...kind of depends on who you ask. But the main binding principle is indeed fiscal responsibility, and limited gov't. None of the major candidates have brought that to the table.

Vis
09-20-2012, 10:52 AM
Nope...that's not the GOP's problem at all. And it's basic principles, really (none of the social issues crap that federal gov't shouldn't be involved in anyhow). The backbone of it is fiscal responsibility (not pretend fiscal conservatism that slashes some money from one area, only to dump more into another). You could just stop right there on Romney's fake 'severely conservative' stance. He's not...not even close.

For instance, he's quoted as saying bailout programs (auto industry) wasted money, let companies go bankrupt. Then the next year he said that the US didn't bail out Wall St., we prevented financial failure. :doh: (Can't recall which article I read that in)

You could honestly find a lot of different answers to what a "real conservative" is...kind of depends on who you ask. But the main binding principle is indeed fiscal responsibility, and limited gov't. None of the major candidates have brought that to the table.

I see. what's the SC stand for?

SteelCityMom
09-20-2012, 10:56 AM
Steel City

Vis
09-20-2012, 11:03 AM
Steel City

I'm in South Carolina so i read it that way.

Atlanta Dan
09-20-2012, 12:36 PM
Pawlenty has now stepped down as co-chair of Romney's campaign. Always a good sign....

He is getting a $2 million per gig on K Street - makes it easier to give up a chance to maybe be a Secretary of some department if Mitt wins

Tim Pawlenty, the former Minnesota governor and one-time GOP presidential hopeful, has a new gig as CEO of the Financial Services Roundtable, a heavy-hitter in the world of financial lobbying...

Given the campaign's recent struggles, it's not exactly a stretch of the imagination that Pawlenty was looking for an easy exit. But that doesn't appear to be the story (at least the full one) here. The high-profile Roundtable represents the interests of about 100 financial services companies—from big banks to insurance companies—and is a major player in any debate over finanical legislation on the Hill. It also doesn't hurt that Pawlenty's salary could approach $2 million, according to reports.

"I think this is the sexiest CEO job going around in the association space," Ivan Adler, a principal at the McCormick Group, an executive search firm in D.C., explained to the Hill earlier this week. "If a CEO job for an association can be sexy, this is it."

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2012/09/20/tim_pawlenty_financial_services_roundtable_romney_ co_chairman_leaves_for_lobbying_firm.html

MasterOfPuppets
09-20-2012, 07:04 PM
never in my wildest dreams did i see bush getting re elected after the mess he created his first 4 years.
i thought the same about obama until i seen the pack of idiots the GOP trotted out , except ron paul who they predictably treated like a red headed step child , because he wasn't "corrupt" enough to play ball with the special interest groups.
romney has zilch on his track record to run on and his only saving grace will be to convince voters that he'll be less of a scumbag than obama... so far he hasn't done that.
infact i'd say it takes a special kind of scumbag to try to convince people you're in the best interest of the country after you made millions off of EXPORTING americans jobs overseas. this bozo should be lynched for treason instead of being considered for office.

Vis
09-20-2012, 08:40 PM
How's the tan?

tony hipchest
09-21-2012, 01:15 AM
I haven't seen one anywhere in Charlotte. Didn't the party of satan have a party here recently?

nah, i believe it was in tampa.

:propeller:

you know, they also make hats like that in plaid and tin foil...

you mustve missed the part in the romney video where he and his $50,000/plate minions sipped on the blood of a 12 year old virgin served warm in a bleached and inverted goats skull.

:thumbsup:

Vis
09-21-2012, 12:59 PM
Cain Says He Would Have Been Better than Romney
Herman Cain jabbed Mitt Romney while talking to the Gainesville Sun saying that he would have been doing better if he was the Republican presidential nominee, claiming he'd probably have a "substantial lead" on President Obama at this point.

Said Cain: "The reason is quite simple: I have some depth to my ideas."

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2012/09/21/cain_says_he_would_have_been_better_than_romney.ht ml

Vincent
09-21-2012, 01:22 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/25054331.jpg

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu191/vinnyq/PixieDustav.jpg

Atlanta Dan
09-21-2012, 08:38 PM
Hitler finds out about Romney's secret video

http://meemsy.com/v/3721

Vis
09-21-2012, 09:00 PM
http://blog.chron.com/nickanderson/files/2012/09/and092012blog1.jpg

MACH1
09-22-2012, 12:09 PM
Paradoxical Quote of The Day From Ben Stein:

"Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."
Now add this, "Many of those who refuse, or are unable, to prove they are citizens will receive free insurance paid for by those who are forced to buy insurance because they are citizens.

cubanstogie
09-22-2012, 01:31 PM
Paradoxical Quote of The Day From Ben Stein:

"Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."
Now add this, "Many of those who refuse, or are unable, to prove they are citizens will receive free insurance paid for by those who are forced to buy insurance because they are citizens.

the 47 percent will just keep growing. Its too bad these candidates can't speak their mind honestly without being judged a racist or elitist. They both, all politicians for that matter, hide behind facades. The truth is under Obama, people who rely on government help, no not social security but other forms is a record high. Obama is probably proud of that stat although he wouldn't admit it but those are guaranteed votes. Sad sad sad mentality of this country. People don't feel shamed standing on the corner asking for handouts, at least put a squeegee and some soap in your hand.

tony hipchest
09-22-2012, 02:30 PM
the "turd containment crews" have definitely made their way to steelers football message boards.

Chaos on Bulls**t Mountain [video] :toofunny:

In the 48 hours since the Romney video first gained wide exposure, turd containment crews at Fox News have been working overtime on Bulls**t Mountain.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-september-19-2012/chaos-on-bulls--t-mountain

Fire Haley
09-22-2012, 02:38 PM
The Muslim Brotherhood says:

VOTE FOR BROTHER OBAMA!

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/4Uo7pgWIg.8bhwfZ3jeQtw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD0zNzg7cT04NTt3PTUxMg--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/Reuters/2012-09-21T140306Z_924401886_GM1E89L1M9X01_RTRMADP_3_FILM-PROTESTS-YEMEN.JPG

tony hipchest
09-22-2012, 02:42 PM
the 47 percent will just keep growing. Its too bad these candidates can't speak their mind honestly without being judged a racist or elitist. They both, all politicians for that matter, hide behind facades. The truth is under Obama, people who rely on government help, no not social security but other forms is a record high. Obama is probably proud of that stat although he wouldn't admit it but those are guaranteed votes. Sad sad sad mentality of this country. People don't feel shamed standing on the corner asking for handouts, at least put a squeegee and some soap in your hand.

the truth is under romney are a bunch of supporters who dont mind standing on their soapbox in internetz forums and message boards being racist or elitist.

sad, sad, sad, mentality of this country.

i notice you didnt mention all the corporations and wall street investors who rely on govt help.

maybe if we establish and EVEN STRONGER foothold in the middle east, oil prices will "trickle" down" for all the 47% ers.

or will oil profits keep on rising as well?

SteelCityMom
09-22-2012, 03:11 PM
I can't believe there are people who actually buy into this 47% bullshit. The majority of that 47% are elderly, disabled, veterans and students ( most of which will be future taxpayers), or are people who don't make enough to pay federal taxes. Even Mitt's own father was on welfare for a time. Let's not forget that the states with the highest numbers of non federal taxpayers are all red states. Way to ****ing go, Mitt.

cubanstogie
09-22-2012, 03:27 PM
I can't believe there are people who actually buy into this 47% bullshit. The majority of that 47% are elderly, disabled, veterans and students ( most of which will be future taxpayers), or are people who don't make enough to pay federal taxes. Even Mitt's own father was on welfare for a time. Let's not forget that the states with the highest numbers of non federal taxpayers are all red states. Way to ****ing go, Mitt.

hardly BS. When W was president there were 20 million americans on foodstamps. Now there are 40 plus million. Facts are those people will be voting for the handout king. Then their kids will be molded into the concept of government takes care of us. Welfare perpetuates crime, drugs, prostitution and homicides. Now I personally could care less if these people did drugs, killed each other and lived in the streets as long as they left me and my family alone and I didn't have to pay the bill. Unfortunately thats not the case.

SteelCityMom
09-22-2012, 03:36 PM
hardly BS. When W was president there were 20 million americans on foodstamps. Now there are 40 plus million. Facts are those people will be voting for the handout king. Then their kids will be molded into the concept of government takes care of us. Welfare perpetuates crime, drugs, prostitution and homicides. Now I personally could care less if these people did drugs, killed each other and lived in the streets as long as they left me and my family alone and I didn't have to pay the bill. Unfortunately thats not the case.

You have an incredibly misguided view on people who are on welfare. Are there people who abuse it? Of course, but your description is straight up FoxNews/Rush propaganda. In fact, there's a good number of people on some type of assistance who actually pay federal income taxes (I was one of them for a time), and (as far as I know) most states have work requirements...despite the lie that Obama did away with those.

The 47% isn't about people on foodstamps though...it's about people who don't pay federal income taxes...and the majority of those people are either low income, will be future tax payers, or have paid into their benefits.

Atlanta Dan
09-22-2012, 04:06 PM
hardly BS. When W was president there were 20 million americans on foodstamps. Now there are 40 plus million. Facts are those people will be voting for the handout king. .

What is the flavor of the Kool-Aid you are drinking?

As many individuals went on food stamps under W as have been added to the program under Obama. The economy W inherited was in a lot better shape than the one Obama inherited.

We asked the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food and Nutrition service for month-by-month figures going back to January 2001. And they show that under President George W. Bush the number of recipients rose by nearly 14.7 million.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/story/2012-01-18/fact-check-gingrich-obama-food-stamps/52645882/1

Enrollemnt has increased from 31,983,716 in January 2009 to 46,670,373 as of the most recent available data in June 2012 - no greater increase than under W

http://www.fns.usda.gov/pd/34SNAPmonthly.htm

Food stamp enrollment bottomed out at the end of 2000 and has been increasing ever since - clearly the Kenyan Socialist is to blame for that

http://www.trivisonno.com/wp-content/uploads/Food-Stamps-Yearly.jpg

MasterOfPuppets
09-22-2012, 04:51 PM
i wonder how many of those welfare recipients are on welfare because the mittster sent their jobs to china ? :huh:

here's 170 more future welfare cases...

Bain Capital Partners, private equity firm founded by GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney, is shipping 170 U.S. factory jobs to China
Workers at Sensata Technologies plant in Freeport, Ill., have to train their Chinese replacements

GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney says he’s not the outsourcer-in-chief, but the private equity firm he founded is shipping 170 U.S. factory jobs to China in November.

Adding insult to injury, workers at the Sensata Technologies plant in Freeport, Ill., have to train their Chinese replacements.

“This is a business that makes a lot of profit,” Tom Gualrapp, a 33-year worker who was pink-slipped after Labor Day, told Democracy Now on Thursday. ( shut up tom you non taxpaying , freeloading scumbag ...:mad: )

“The Chinese government is providing them with a plant and a cheaper work force,” he said. “A dollar seems to be more important to them than any community responsibility.”

Workers have pleaded with Romney to save their jobs and presented a petition to Bain Capital Partners, which has owned the plant since 2006. But so far, their pleas have fallen on deaf ears.

A Romney spokesman did not respond to an email asking whether the candidate plans to intercede on behalf of the workers.

But the timing of the Sensata layoffs couldn’t come at a worse time for Romney, whose campaign has been reeling after he was secretly recorded dismissing 47% of the country as freeloaders dependent on government handouts.

Romney has said repeatedly on the campaign trail that he hasn’t made any management decisions at Bain since he retired as CEO in 1999.

Critics, however, say Bain has made a mint closing down U.S. factories and shipping good-paying jobs abroad — and that Romney continues to get a share of the company’s profits.

“Not only is Bain taking away these workers’ incomes and livelihoods, the company is forcing them to train their replacements from China,” Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.) said earlier. “That’s outrageous.”

On Wednesday, Gualrapp and other Sensata workers hounded their local congressman — Republican Rep. Bobby Schilling — at a town hall meeting and demanded to know if he would support a bill that would punish outsourcers.

Schilling fled the room and left his flack to say no. But in July, Schilling asked the CEO of Sensata, which makes sensors and controls for car companies like Ford and General Motors, to reconsider moving the production plant to China.

In the meantime, Sensata workers have set up a “Bainport” encampment outside the doomed factory to protest the closing of the plant. The newest edition to camp is a Dumpster bearing a sign that reads, “Romney Trashes American Jobs.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/election-2012/bain-capital-partners-private-equity-firm-founded-gop-presidential-candidate-mitt-romney-shipping-170-u-s-factory-jobs-china-november-article-1.1164368#ixzz27EaRUuUB

cubanstogie
09-22-2012, 10:07 PM
You have an incredibly misguided view on people who are on welfare. Are there people who abuse it? Of course, but your description is straight up FoxNews/Rush propaganda. In fact, there's a good number of people on some type of assistance who actually pay federal income taxes (I was one of them for a time), and (as far as I know) most states have work requirements...despite the lie that Obama did away with those.

The 47% isn't about people on foodstamps though...it's about people who don't pay federal income taxes...and the majority of those people are either low income, will be future tax payers, or have paid into their benefits.

It would hardly be misguided when I see the abuse on a daily basis. I work in the 911 system so I am in a lot of these peoples homes. I see 50 inch tv's and cars with 24 inch rims with 5 kids sleeping on the floor and these people hanging out drinking 40 ouncers all day. Sure there are people who deserve foot stamps and welfare, but I see plenty who come from Eastern Europe who get free stuff including healthcare and don't even try to get a job let alone learn our language. Its all about perspective, when I lose 15 percent of income and will be taxed on my healthcare under Obama its hard to swallow when I see all the freeloaders he caters too. Sure Romney is wealthy but he earned it and should hardly be penalized.

SteelCityMom
09-23-2012, 12:04 AM
It would hardly be misguided when I see the abuse on a daily basis. I work in the 911 system so I am in a lot of these peoples homes. I see 50 inch tv's and cars with 24 inch rims with 5 kids sleeping on the floor and these people hanging out drinking 40 ouncers all day. Sure there are people who deserve foot stamps and welfare, but I see plenty who come from Eastern Europe who get free stuff including healthcare and don't even try to get a job let alone learn our language. Its all about perspective, when I lose 15 percent of income and will be taxed on my healthcare under Obama its hard to swallow when I see all the freeloaders he caters too. Sure Romney is wealthy but he earned it and should hardly be penalized.

Your personal experiences does not equal the majority on welfare abuse the system. It doesn't work that way. I have to remind you too that all or most states have work requirements. I've had to go through it myself in the past. You don't go to the job training classes and apply for jobs, you don't get the welfare. Interesting that you would know all those personal details about their lives though from answering a 911 call.

Again though, this isn't about people on food stamps. This is about the 47% comment. And as I stated before, the majority are people who are low income, elderly, disabled, or will be future taxpayers. I'll point out again as well, that the states with the highest number of non taxpayers are red states. http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/09/19/us/politics/who-doesnt-pay-federal-taxes.html

So yes, way to ****ing go Mitt. Hope that shoe tastes good.

Misconceptions and Realities About Who Pays Taxes
By Chuck Marr and Chye-Ching Huang
Updated September 17, 2012

Contrary to "Entitlement Society" Rhetoric, Over Nine-Tenths of Entitlement Benefits Go to Elderly, Disabled, or Working Households

Executive Summary
Close to half of U.S. households currently do not owe federal income tax. The Urban Institute-Brookings Tax Policy Center estimates that 46 percent of households will owe no federal income tax for 2011. [1] A widely cited figure is a Joint Committee on Taxation estimate that 51 percent of households paid no federal income tax in 2009.[2] (The TPC figure for 2009 also is 51 percent.) [3]

These figures are sometimes cited as evidence that low- and moderate-income families do not pay sufficient taxes. Yet these figures, their significance, and their policy implications are widely misunderstood.

The 51 percent and 46 percent figures are anomalies that reflect the unique circumstances of the past few years, when the economic downturn greatly swelled the number of Americans with low incomes. The figures for 2009 are particularly anomalous; in that year, temporary tax cuts that the 2009 Recovery Act created — including the “Making Work Pay” tax credit and an exclusion from tax of the first $2,400 in unemployment benefits — were in effect and removed millions of Americans from the federal income tax rolls. Both of these temporary tax measures have since expired.

In 2007, before the economy turned down, 40 percent of households did not owe federal income tax. This figure more closely reflects the percentage that do not owe income tax in normal economic times.[4]

These figures cover only the federal income tax and ignore the substantial amounts of other federal taxes — especially the payroll tax — that many of these households pay. As a result, these figures greatly overstate the share of households that do not pay federal taxes. Tax Policy Center data show that only about 17 percent of households did not pay any federal income tax or payroll tax in 2009, despite the high unemployment and temporary tax cuts that marked that year.[5] In 2007, a more typical year, the figure was 14 percent. This percentage would be even lower if it reflected other federal taxes that households pay, including excise taxes on gasoline and other items.

Most of the people who pay neither federal income tax nor payroll taxes are low-income people who are elderly, unable to work due to a serious disability, or students, most of whom subsequently become taxpayers. (In years like the last few, this group also includes a significant number of people who have been unemployed the entire year and cannot find work.)

Moreover, low-income households as a group do, in fact, pay federal taxes. Congressional Budget Office data show that the poorest fifth of households paid an average of 4.0 percent of their incomes in federal taxes in 2007, the latest year for which these data are available — not an insignificant amount given how modest these households’ incomes are; the poorest fifth of households had average income of $18,400 in 2007.[6] The next-to-the bottom fifth — those with incomes between $20,500 and $34,300 in 2007 — paid an average of 10.6 percent of their incomes in federal taxes.

Moreover, even these figures greatly understatelow-income households’ totaltax burden because these households also pay substantial state and local taxes. Data from the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy show that the poorest fifth of households paid a stunning 12.3 percent of their incomes in state and local taxes in 2011.[7]

When all federal, state, and local taxes are taken into account, the bottom fifth of households pays about 16 percent of their incomes in taxes, on average. The second-poorest fifth pays about 21 percent.[8]

It also is important to consider who the people are who do not owe federal income tax in a given year.

TPC estimates show that 61 percent of those that owed no federal income tax in a given year are working households.[9] These people do pay payroll taxes as well as federal excise taxes, and, as noted, state and local taxes. Most of these working households also pay federal income tax in other years, when their incomes are higher — which can be seen by looking at the low-income working households that receive the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC).

The leading study of this issue found that the majority of households that receive the EITC get it for only one or two years at a time, such as when their income drops due to a temporary layoff, and pay federal income tax in most other years. The study examined the filers who claimed the EITC at least once during an 18-year periodand found that they paid a net of several hundred billion dollars in federal income tax over that period.[10] This finding shows that while some households will receive refundable tax credits in a given year whose value may exceed their payroll tax liability, they pay significant federal income taxes over time in addition to the payroll and state and local taxes they pay each year.

The remainder of those who pay no income tax are primarily elderly, disabled, or students.

The fact that most people who don’t owe federal income tax in a given year pay substantial amounts of other taxes — and also are net income taxpayers over time — belies the claim that households that do not owe income tax in a given year will form bad policy judgments because they “don’t have any skin in the game.”
Furthermore, although the federal tax system is progressive overall, state and local tax systems are regressive and undo a significant share of that progressivity. There is nothing wrong with having one part of the overall tax system shield low- and moderate-income households, who pay substantial amounts of other taxes and generally pay federal income tax as well in other years.

To substantially increase the share of households that owe federal income tax, policymakers would have to take such steps as: lowering the personal exemption or standard deduction — which would tax many low-income working families into, or deeper into, poverty; weakening the EITC or Child Tax Credit, which would significantly increase child poverty while reducing incentives for work over welfare; or paring back the tax exclusion for Social Security benefits, which would subject more seniors with modest fixed incomes to the income tax.

*For more details, keep reading* http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm?fa=view&id=3505

ricardisimo
09-23-2012, 12:59 AM
I honestly don't think that any of this matters. Incumbency + gajillions of corporate dollar$ = Barack Obama in the White House for four more years. That Romney is an idiot probably helps him more than hurts him (cf. our last president) but Obama would have to rape an eight-year-old white boy on television to lose this one.

How does anyone get the idea that Obama can lose this one? Mind you, I'd like nothing more than to see that sadistic slimeball kicked out of office, but it ain't gonna happen.

Atlanta Dan
09-23-2012, 11:53 AM
I honestly don't think that any of this matters. Incumbency + gajillions of corporate dollar$ = Barack Obama in the White House for four more years. That Romney is an idiot probably helps him more than hurts him (cf. our last president) but Obama would have to rape an eight-year-old white boy on television to lose this one.

How does anyone get the idea that Obama can lose this one? Mind you, I'd like nothing more than to see that sadistic slimeball kicked out of office, but it ain't gonna happen.

Since I am fairly confident the Green or Libertarian candidate will not win if Obama loses, I doubt kicking in Romney to replace Obama is going to result in a less bellicose foreign policy

But I am with you that the murder by drone policy that I assume is at least part of the reason for your "sadistic slimeball" characterization is awful:drink:

My concern is Romney is all in with regard to not only murder by drone but has no problem with the "enhanced interrogations" that the previous White House occupant blessed

Good takedown of the drone policy in this linked article

The Seven Deadly Sins of John Brennan
What Obama's high priest of targeted killings doesn't want you to know.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2012/09/18/the_seven_deadly_sins_of_john_brennan

tony hipchest
09-23-2012, 12:25 PM
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/bullshitmountain_zpsb4af2d0b.jpg

ricardisimo
09-23-2012, 01:03 PM
Since I am fairly confident the Green or Libertarian candidate will not win if Obama loses, I doubt kicking in Romney to replace Obama is going to result in a less bellicose foreign policy

But I am with you that the murder by drone policy that I assume is at least part of the reason for your "sadistic slimeball" characterization is awful:drink:

My concern is Romney is all in with regard to not only murder by drone but has no problem with the "enhanced interrogations" that the previous White House occupant blessed

Good takedown of the drone policy in this linked article

The Seven Deadly Sins of John Brennan
What Obama's high priest of targeted killings doesn't want you to know.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2012/09/18/the_seven_deadly_sins_of_john_brennan
I think at this point it's safe to assume that they are all sadistic slimeballs. You can't get anywhere near the White House unless you have somehow demonstrated sociopathic tendencies to the nation's owners.

The article looks good. I love how the author juxtaposed the "We will kill them all" quote from Brennan with the "you can't kill them" synopsis. Fortunately our leaders don't let little things like facts or reason get in the way.

BlockMonsta
09-23-2012, 10:17 PM
Yeah I was just wondering what Obama has improved in his four years? I mean aside from creating a huge deficit?

Atlanta Dan
09-24-2012, 09:59 PM

Further evidence why we are screwed

“I went to Wall Street and told them to get their snout out of the trough because they are some of the worst offenders when it comes to bailouts and carve-outs and special deals.”

That was Tim Pawlenty, the former Republican governor of Minnesota, just over a year ago while running for president, railing against big banks.

So what’s he up to now?

Last week, he was named president of the Financial Services Roundtable, one of Wall Street’s most influential lobbying organizations. In his new job, in which his predecessor was paid $1.8 million annually, Mr. Pawlenty will spend his days shuttling around Washington, trying to convince lawmakers that those “carve-outs and special deals” really are beneficial for the nation’s banking system, though presumably without putting his “snout in the trough.”...

“In Washington there is an old saying, ‘Where you stand depends on where you sit.’ ”

Sadly, no truer words have ever been said about the influence of money on our nation’s capital.

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2012/09/24/about-face-for-bankers-new-lobbyist/?ref=business

MasterOfPuppets
09-25-2012, 11:51 AM
http://doozyfab.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/two-faced.jpg

tony hipchest
09-26-2012, 01:21 AM
this election cycle just lacks the sizzle and pizzaz from last time.

the GOP really needs to bring back that cowboy mccain and snookie palin-

xBq9AX2uV_0

MACH1
09-26-2012, 04:48 PM
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/003128131/5128423395_You_boys_know_what_a_circle_jerk_is_xla rge.jpeg

:sofunny: