PDA

View Full Version : First Preseason Game....10 DAYS!

"NobodyBelievedInUsButUs"
08-01-2006, 09:07 PM
Hey, there is only 10 more days until the first preseason game! Wow, is it just me or did this offseason go extremely fast? I think it went fast becuase of everything that happened. Santonio getting arrested, the Steelers getting their rings, The White House dinner, and the biggest one, Big Ben's accident. But wow, only 10 days! Steelers vs. Arizona so we might get to see how Matt Leinart is progressing in the pros.

*NBIUBU*

SteelerMurf
08-01-2006, 09:37 PM
Pretty boy isn't signed yet is he?

Steelers
08-01-2006, 10:58 PM
Preseason's so lame. "Oh, my 3rd stringers can beat your 3rd stringers."

TasmanianTroy271
08-01-2006, 11:22 PM

Hey, those 3rd stringers can easily become starters as we well know. Plus, it's Steeler football, which is what i've been waiting for.

DiggetyDank
08-02-2006, 02:00 AM
Does anyone know what channel the preseason games will be aired on here in PA? I was thinking FSN or something. Last summer I had the pleasure of watching the Steelers-Eagles preseason game at a bar in Sheridan, Wyoming so I assume I'll be able to catch at least one on ESPN

Steelers
08-02-2006, 04:09 AM
Thought NFL Network did them...

ARKIESTEEL
08-02-2006, 06:53 AM
Thought NFL Network did them...

This is correct

83-Steelers-43
08-02-2006, 07:28 AM
I'm pumped for the preseason. I'm anxious to see what our younger guys are looking like, who has a legit chance to make the team and who doesn't. I guess if you enjoy watching and studying a part of this teams future you will like preseason. If you don't and simply want to see what they will look like this season, you don't like the preseason.

Buzz05
08-02-2006, 07:44 AM
NFL Network is doing every preseason game and I know the Eagles-'Lers game will be on ESPN. If it wasnt for NFL Network right now all I would be able to watch is the damn Baltimore Flying Rats and the Deadskins. Usually KDKA broadcasts all the preseason games as well.

83-Steelers-43
08-02-2006, 07:49 AM
If I heard correctly, isn't FSN Pittsburgh televising the Steeler preseason games this year?

BlackNGold203
08-02-2006, 08:03 AM
http://media3.steelers.com/gameday/schedule/

It's KDKA again.....

Woogie
08-02-2006, 08:25 AM
I like pre-season because it means regular season is not far away.
I don't like pre-season because it feels like I'm being baited! There's only a glimmer of what's to come. :)

83-Steelers-43
08-02-2006, 08:28 AM
That's odd. I could have sworn I heard Stan state they were televising the games this year. That FSN Pittsburgh bought the rights to the preseason games only.

I'm not sure if this article means basic coverage (highlights, interviews, etc.) or the coverage rights to the preseason games? http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=sbd.preview&storyId=SBD2006072812

nicesteel4life
08-02-2006, 10:07 AM

STUPID STUPID COMMENT!!!! :dang:
Preseason is to find out what depth you got. Can really tell your young to football
Yes for Starters its a PAIN
But, for the 2nd years and rookies it's survival.
Do you think that if we did away with pre-season the league would be better?
Yes there is injurys, and yes it sucks....But practice makes perfect.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-02-2006, 10:17 AM
That's odd. I could have sworn I heard Stan state they were televising the games this year. That FSN Pittsburgh bought the rights to the preseason games only.

I'm not sure if this article means basic coverage (highlights, interviews, etc.) or the coverage rights to the preseason games? http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=sbd.preview&storyId=SBD2006072812

Your right bro. FSN Pittsburgh bought the rights and will be televising the pre-season games this year.

Steelers
08-02-2006, 12:43 PM
STUPID STUPID COMMENT!!!! :dang:
Preseason is to find out what depth you got. Can really tell your young to football
Yes for Starters its a PAIN
But, for the 2nd years and rookies it's survival.
Do you think that if we did away with pre-season the league would be better?
Yes there is injurys, and yes it sucks....But practice makes perfect.

OK... I'd prefer the Super Bowl Champion Steelers practice against the Super Bowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers those weeks. Sure, it gives the younger guys some rare playing time; guys who might not surface for another year or three. I'm sure the coaches' minds are pretty much made up about them.

I dunno. Maybe I just prefer to hold my excitement for games that actually matter. Time would be better spent with our new offensive players going against Porter, Polamolu, Hope, etc. IMO.

Haiku_Dirtt
08-02-2006, 01:11 PM

Yeah but I like our 3rd stringers. How else are we going to see Kemoeatu pave a new highway through Nick Saban's defense?

TasmanianTroy271
08-02-2006, 01:14 PM
Yeah but I like our 3rd stringers. How else are we going to see Kemoeatu pave a new highway through Nick Saban's defense?

HEAR HEAR! lol

Prosdo
08-02-2006, 01:26 PM
I like preseason games. As mentioned you get to see the 2nd and 3rd string guys. Always nice to see some of what the rookies can do. Plus as mentioned the regular season is getting closer!

dhosmer
08-02-2006, 02:16 PM
OK... I'd prefer the Super Bowl Champion Steelers practice against the Super Bowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers those weeks. Sure, it gives the younger guys some rare playing time; guys who might not surface for another year or three. I'm sure the coaches' minds are pretty much made up about them.

I dunno. Maybe I just prefer to hold my excitement for games that actually matter. Time would be better spent with our new offensive players going against Porter, Polamolu, Hope, etc. IMO.

It'll be pretty hard for our guys to practice again Hope... with him being in Tennessee and all.

Elvis
08-02-2006, 04:50 PM
Ok.. if we dont need preseason... then we shouldnt have but about 3 rounds of the draft right?... if we dont have preseason games then how are we gonna find someone like Justin Stryzelck? He was drafted like in the 10th round back 15 years or so ago... or back in the 70's when we drafted alot of great players late in the drafts.. Preseason is important to our young players and to get our veterans in sync with each other..
God Bless All
Elvis

SteelerFanInCA
08-02-2006, 06:09 PM
The pre-season for me me just feeds the hunger of waiting for the real season to start. Looking forward to that first game in Zona.