PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Fever Exclusive Editorial: Pocket Change

Bayz101
09-19-2012, 04:36 PM
Dedicated to my dad, "Roach."

Week 3 of the 2012 football season marks the 19th meeting between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Oakland Raiders (Oakland leads the overall series, 10-9.) Once a bloody and disturbing rivalry in the 1970's, the two teams have abruptly went into opposite directions since the start of the new decade. Pittsburgh traveling North; Oakland traveling South.

Chuck Noll and John Madden had some epic battles in the 70's. Marquee teams with marquee attitudes

Oh it was real. It was damn real.

You couldn't find two nastier teams on the football field than the Black and Gold VS Silver and Black. Both teams equally loathed each other, and both teams wanted to walk away victors in massacre.Even though things have died down between these two teams in the new era, there was one game in particular that not only lifted a City of Champions off its roots, but lifted the NFL into higher grace.

The Immaculate Reception.

Read more: http://www.steelersfever.com/editorials/1009.html

Bayz101
09-19-2012, 05:15 PM
Wow. Just had the time to read it all the way through, and I must say...absolutely amazing story. I loved every bit of it.

Bayz101
09-19-2012, 05:25 PM
All pictures, and the video, have been added to make it a final product!

StainlessStill
09-19-2012, 05:43 PM
Thanks, Bayz. Your patience and encoding everything is much appreciated. I'm having a BLAST writing these. Enjoy.

Bayz101
09-19-2012, 06:29 PM
Thanks, Bayz. Your patience and encoding everything is much appreciated. I'm having a BLAST writing these. Enjoy.

Not a problem, it's my privilege.

teegre
09-19-2012, 08:38 PM

Great job, brother... great job.

If I might add a few words... these words always bring a swell to my being... just as your words just did.

"This one I got in change, when my daddy took me to see Peter, Paul, & Mary. And, this one I got in change when I bought a hot dog at the circus. My daddy let me keep the change. He always let me keep the change."

Again, great job, man... my being is now full. Thank you.

grward
09-20-2012, 01:39 PM
That was awesome! Thank you for sharing!!

Bayz101
09-20-2012, 02:31 PM
That was awesome! Thank you for sharing!!

Thanks for the feedback! More from Travis here: http://www.steelersfever.com/editorials.html

stb_steeler
09-20-2012, 03:37 PM
Boy do i miss those days of the Steeler/Raider match ups.....Especially the one where Madden accused Pitt of icing the field down.