PDA

View Full Version : Lot Of Steelers Miss Practice

Atlanta Dan
09-19-2012, 07:31 PM
Yikes

RB Jonathan Dwyer (toe), T Marcus Gilbert (groin), LB James Harrison (knee), TE Heath Miller (abdomen), S Troy Polamalu (calf), WR Emmanuel Sanders (knee), WR Mike Wallace (groin) did not participate. T Mike Adams (back), LB Stevenson Sylvester (knee) were limited. RB Rashard Mendenhall (knee) had full participation.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/54908/afc-north-injury-report-33

Looks like another week without Troy and Harrison

I had read Heath has a rib cartliage problem but did not know Wallace and Sanders also were hurting - that is a big part of the passing game sitting out today

Bayz101
09-19-2012, 07:39 PM
Translation: A lot of sore guys sat out.

Heath will play through the pain, as will everyone else on that list outside of Harrison and Polamalu. They will probably play it safe and come back after the Bye Week.

Galax Steeler
09-19-2012, 07:43 PM
Heath is one tough S.O.B he will play come Sunday. Wallace, Sanders I have no worries about either they will play come Sunday.

StainlessStill
09-19-2012, 07:43 PM
Everything is indicated off of Thursday's practice. Sitting out isn't a problem during mid-week. It's the Thursday practice and the Friday walk-through that will have a better indication on who's in and who's out. Considering we have the BYE in week 4, I expect Polamalu, Harrison and Mendenhall to remain on the sidelines but return after the BYE. I expect everyone else to play in Oakland, barring any setbacks.

Steelerfreak58
09-19-2012, 07:56 PM
That early bye week may just come in handy for once.

tanda10506
09-19-2012, 11:15 PM
Sanders is injured? Wow, that never happens.

A lot of those guys have been missing practice, but I am a bit concerned with Dwyer, Gilbert, and Heath. I'm sure Dwyer will be fine UNLESS he has turf toe, but Heath's injury might affect his play and linger for a while. Doesn't sound serious with Gilbert but anytime a starting O lineman misses practice I get nervous.

tony hipchest
09-19-2012, 11:31 PM
every player is injured. every hit and tackle hurts. its just how the coaches and doctors manage it now (players with concussions are missing a week minimum, whereas in the past they'd be back in after sniffing some salt.

i wonder if we are seeing a strategic shift towards preserving guys for the late season run. practices are pretty much puss games nowadays anyways (only like 15 padded practices in a single year????)

lotto good those practice games have done decastro and spence. the giants are down 3-4 starters for thursday nights game.

teh bungs lost yet another player for the year (DE jamaal anderson) in practice this week.

patriots are adding d. branch and k. winslow jr back to their 75 man roster due to injuries to the likes of their $50 million tight ends...

we are not even through week 3 yet. :doh:

LVSteelersfan
09-20-2012, 10:29 AM
Football is a tough sport. Injuries are just part of it. Being banged up and playing are part of the game. Lets just hope we can keep away from those season ending injuries that have plagued us for years. Especially to the Oline. There can be no continuity on the line if it is a revolving door.

steelfury02
09-20-2012, 10:39 AM
i'd say we came out of the Jets game pretty healthy luckily

I said offerings to Jobu might help. I poured him some Jack. If Jobu no help us with injuries, then I say F U Jobu!

Bayz101
09-20-2012, 10:45 AM
No one is seriously hurt and expected to miss significant time, so we're doing well.

steelfury02
09-20-2012, 11:01 AM
Bayz, I hope we all just didn't jinx ourselves!

My lingering question will be, if this o-line gels, and we see a continual improvement and Ben is protected, does Decastro get inserted back into line up right away, slowly, at all, or alternated?

zsheik22
09-20-2012, 04:25 PM
Does it concern anyone else that Polamalu is hurt what seems like all the time?

casteeler
09-20-2012, 07:48 PM
No one is seriously hurt and expected to miss significant time, so we're doing well.

Does it concern anyone else that Polamalu is hurt what seems like all the time?

Troy plays 110% every play, I expect him to be banged up.

Hawaii 5-0
09-21-2012, 12:36 AM
Steelers Thursday Injury Report: Dwyer, Gilbert, Sanders & Wallace Return To Practice Miller Sits Again

Thursday, September 20th, 2012 by Dave Bryan

The Thursday injury report for the Pittsburgh Steelers is now out and it shows that tackle Mike Adams (back), linebacker James Harrison (knee), quarterback Byron Leftwich (illness), tight end Heath Miller (abdomen) and safety Troy Polamalu (calf) all failed to practice. Adams had been limited on Wednesday and Leftwich was added to the report today with an illness.

Running back Jonathan Dwyer (toe), tackle Marcus Gilbert (groin), wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders (knee) and wide receiver Mike Wallace (groin) all practiced fully on Thursday after sitting out Wednesday.

Running back Rashard Mendenhall (knee) and linebacker Stevenson Sylvester (knee) both practiced fully on Thursday. Sylvester was listed as limited on Wednesday, so signs are that he is getting close to returning to action.

At this point, Miller and Adams are the biggest concerns heading into Friday. The Steelers tight end reportedly suffered a rib cartilage separation in the game this past Sunday and has been sore ever since.

Both Harrison and Polamalu are not expected to play Sunday against the Oakland Raiders.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/steelers_thursday_injury_report_dwyer_gilbert_sand ers_wallace_return_to_practice_miller_sits_again/11767240