PDA

View Full Version : For whom to root: the Ravens or the Taperiots?

teegre
09-21-2012, 02:38 AM
I am wondering which team I despise more: the Ravens or the Taperiots.  

I should want the Ravens to lose, because winning the division should come before thinking "beyond" the play-offs (to the SuperBowl).  

BUT, when I ask myself: "Who would I rather see win the SuperBowl?"... well... the thought of Belicheat raising a Lombardi EVER again sickens me.

Ergo... I guess... Go RAVENS!!!  

[Rationale: Get the Taperiots out of the play-offs (or, at least a lower seed), and worry about the Ravens later this season.  If the Steelers beat the Ravens twice, a win for the Ravens now means little towards the Ravens winning the division.  So, again, deal with the Ravens later; the Taperiots need to lose now.  And, YES, I'm rationalizing my "cheering" for the Ravens.]  

Galax Steeler
09-21-2012, 03:32 AM
I have to say go Pats we need to win the division and the Rats will be the ones to beat in the division.

ricardisimo
09-21-2012, 03:57 AM
I will enjoy watching them pummel each other.

Avoid-Lloyd
09-21-2012, 04:46 AM
I am wondering which team I despise more: the Ravens or the Taperiots.  

I should want the Ravens to lose, because winning the division should come before thinking "beyond" the play-offs (to the SuperBowl).  

BUT, when I ask myself: "Who would I rather see win the SuperBowl?"... well... the thought of Belicheat raising a Lombardi EVER again sickens me.

Ergo... I guess... Go RAVENS!!!  

[Rationale: Get the Taperiots out of the play-offs (or, at least a lower seed), and worry about the Ravens later this season.  If the Steelers beat the Ravens twice, a win for the Ravens now means little towards the Ravens winning the division.  So, again, deal with the Ravens later; the Taperiots need to lose now.  And, YES, I'm rationalizing my "cheering" for the Ravens.]  
My thoughts exactly!:thumbsup:

SteelerFanStuckInBaltimor
09-21-2012, 05:40 AM
As an outspoken Steeler fan living in Baltimore, I'll choose New England every time. I hope the Patriots* crush them. It's a wonderful weekend when the Steelers win and the Ravens lose - I just walk around my workplace, smiling lol. Plus, as Galax said, we need the Rats to lose, to help us in our division. We can always knock the Pats* out later.

Atlanta Dan
09-21-2012, 07:07 AM
Steelers need the Ravens to lose whenever possible to win the division.

And I never thought this would be possible, but with John Harbaugh I have found a coach that I dislike more than Belichick - they are both arrogant pricks but one of them has actually won something as opposed to the other one who thinks regular season wins deserve a Gatorade bath

Go Patriots!

TRH
09-21-2012, 07:13 AM
the fact is...i can never...never....root for the Patriots. After living in NE for 2 years, i couldn't take listening to the rude, mean, nasty, and extremely bitter people that live up there (not all...but MOST thats for sure). - not to mention having to listen to all the analysts on every football network and show, who will blubber like babies on how great they are, and what geniuses they are (even though for christ sakes..it will just be one win, but the analysts will be instead trying to have everyone believe they're the 2nd coming of Christ)
The Raven's on the other hand, even though we love to hate them, are more or less a replica of sorts of our team.
The only logical reason i would want NE to win is for divisional lead purposes. If NE wins, i would no question want it to be where they just squeak by.

4xSBChamps
09-21-2012, 07:17 AM
the meteor

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/funny%20pictures/meteorshower.jpg

Need4spd
09-21-2012, 07:19 AM
I had thought about this earlier in the week, and it's a good question. For me the answer is pretty simple though, I'll be rooting for the Pats. Unlike most Steelers fan I don't have a major issue with the Patriots first of all. Above all else though, winning the AFC North is paramount. It's pretty clear that we will have to get past Baltimore to do it.

Darkstorm05
09-21-2012, 07:37 AM
Above all else though, winning the AFC North is paramount.

This. It's never acceptable to cheer for a division rival unless we've already clenched the division and home field advantage. Even then it requires some serious consideration.

beer72
09-21-2012, 08:03 AM
I gotta go Pats... Need the division more . Tough one tho :banging:

steelfury02
09-21-2012, 08:17 AM
I will root for the Patriots. As much as I dislike their smugness - the Ravens and their Napoleonic fans are annoying as hell to put it nicely

I live in greater Bmore area as well, and this past Sunday was all too sweet. I'll take Ravens losses every time.When they beat us in our house last season, it made me sicker than losing to GB in XLV. I still have a horrible taste in my mouth from losing the last game v. Ravens and I'd love nothing more than to put them and their pathetic fans back in their place.

Last season I walked into a grocery store the afternoon of Game 1 versus them. I have always wore my Steelers gear on Sundays, no matter where I go, and I see the same Ravens fans (and 1 or 2 other Steelers fans) every time I go there on Sundays and we always had a playful jab at each other - it was like "Oh no, you're back for more!" - it was all in good fun. Except durin this visit, some drugged out biker looking jerk pushed me into all the cartons of eggs because of my t-shirt. I had put up with a lot of nonsense from Ravens fans, but at least some of them were fun to hang out with - but that was it for me. The way the store handled it (managers obvious Ravens fans) put an extra bitter taste in my mouth.

I knew there was always a possibility of getting into it verbally with a Ravens fan, and that never really bothered me - I actually welcomed it a little - but absolutely NO reason to get physical. The drubbing we took that night along with the 2nd loss made my hatred even deeper. SCREW THEM.

I'm ok now, seriously though - it'll be tough for the Patriots to win - they are reeling a little IMHO

steelerchad
09-21-2012, 08:58 AM
I think a 0-0 tie in which both teams beat the hell out of each other would be the best result. It would make all tie breakers null and void, meaning we'd have to split the 2 games with the Ravens and then match them week for week the rest of the way to win the division, barring Cincy getting into the mix.

GoFor7
09-21-2012, 09:00 AM
This just in: Herr Goodell is awarding both the Ravens and the Patriots a win in the same game to help bury the Steelers in the standings.

Edman
09-21-2012, 09:12 AM
I don't care really. It doesn't matter who wins that game if the Steelers stumble in Oakland. Our guys have to take care of their own business first before worrying about anyone else.

I'm not annoyed by Raven fans. In fact, I think they're so cute they're team is relevant. They're a little annoying sometimes with their homerism and whining, but that team and their organization have such a deep inferiority complex that you can't help but just not care. I can't overly hate a organization that desperately seeks self-satisfaction and finds it in a single team (The Steelers). They're kind of like Cleveland in a way.

The Patriots under any circumstance I cannot root for. They suck.

Steelerfreak58
09-21-2012, 09:14 AM
Got to root for Marsha this week. We need the Ravens to lose. You win the division first then the path to the SB is more in your house.

steelfury02
09-21-2012, 09:28 AM
yea, I try not to paint huge brushstrokes when it comes to Ravens fans, but it is REALLY hard not to

For every Ravens fan that I actually could enjoy watching a game with or talking football with, there are 9 that are really bitch-slappable

Napoleon complex, big-brother/little-brother, whatever you want to call it - they have it, I just can't feel bad for them and have had enough personal bad experiences to brand a sizable chunk of them

This is their history, and I guess it would make me bitter too.
Ravens History, Part I:
http://lifeinlegacy.com/2002/0914/UnitasJohnny.jpg
then
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/5384/1238/400/ColtsLeaveP1.4.jpg
Ravens History, Part II:
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7_CIOpTX-Hn9O9J3EQ0UsPmmEz61h_GVeBqDP8nqOjoQwHWImJw

Millers the sh!t
09-21-2012, 11:10 AM
Being from new England I can't stand the fair weather fans around here Nd I can't stand hearing how great Brady is. He literally becomes average at best against good defenses. Logically I'd Prefer the ravens to lose so we go up a game, but if we are truly a good team then we should beat the ravens twice this season so I'd be very happy with a new England loss this week. At this point I don't feel we can win two against the ravens. Probably split one each, so I guess I'm gonna root for the patriots this week. I wouldn't mind seeing ray rice and tom Brady both get a broken knee or arm or somethibg. Maybe a Tie game would be good, that way they both trail by half a game .

realdeal
09-21-2012, 11:15 AM
I hate the Gaytriots more than the Ratbirds!! I hope they end up in a tie!! can't see myself rooting for either!!:tt02:

SteelKid212
09-21-2012, 11:44 AM
Patriots are not only gonna win this one, but they are gonna put the whoopin on Flacco and the Ratbirds.

How do I know this? Well last night I played madden 13 vs the Ravens and Flacco threw 4 INTs! :thumbsup:

Nah but in all seriousness... I agree with those who preffer NE wins. Steelers must WIN in our Division first! Better our chances in the playoffs.

I seriously think in order for the Steelers to go deep into the playoffs, we NEED to win homefield advantage this year. I dont like this team on the road. The Defense seems slower in away games. Hopefully its just because they got off to a slow start.

But cant win homefield unless you first win your division obviously. As much as I hate both the pats and rats, I preffer NE wins.

oh hell, i hope a meteor crashes on them during the game and it all ends in a tie. :noidea:

DoctorCAD
09-21-2012, 11:48 AM
Can't root for the Ravens...
Can't root for the Patriots*...

Hoping for the stadium to fold up and disappear like the house in the ending of the Amityville Horror. If that doesn't happen, I'd rather the Ravens lose with the Pats* losing their confidence and swagger while eeking out a 6 - 3 win in double overtime, while Tommy Boy is having menstral-like symptoms from Stabbin' Ray Ray scaring the crap out of him. AHHH...the perfect ending.

steelersforever58
09-21-2012, 11:57 AM
Ravens are number 1 on my irrational steelers fan hate list. Hope patriots crush them.

Fire Arians
09-21-2012, 11:58 AM
answer?

NOT THE RAVENS.

I hate the pats* too, but winning the division is step 1. a ravens loss positions us better

with that said I don't think they're going to win against baltimore on their turf. maybe if the game was in new england*

Stu Pidasso
09-21-2012, 12:30 PM
Fu&#%! Them both. They all gotta go through Pittsburgh eventually.

Brett Cottrell
09-21-2012, 01:35 PM
When the patriots play the ravens, I root for the sky to start raining turds on the stadium.

EbonySteel86
09-21-2012, 01:47 PM
The Ravens are gonna stomp a mud hole in those cheatin bastards!!! I hate em both, but the Pats robbed us of a SB not once but TWICE!!!!! I live in Bmore area and can't stand the Ravens, BUT I hate the Pats waaaaay more. If the Steelers take care of their business, then it doesn't matter if the Ravens win. We'll just have to deal with them ourselves. But as for the Pats......DIE CHEATRIOTS, DIE!!!!!!!

Fire Arians
09-21-2012, 01:49 PM
When the patriots play the ravens, I root for the sky to start raining turds on the stadium.

:chuckle:

GMU Steeler
09-21-2012, 01:51 PM
I hate them both but I guess you go for the Pats here. Ravens at 1-2 is a lot better for us division speaking than the Pats being 1-2. I wouldn't complain if the Ravens won though because I hate them both as I said. Of course, you hope for a tie so both teams will be tired out.

jasonpirkle
09-21-2012, 02:10 PM
How about a tie?

teegre
09-21-2012, 02:57 PM
I have been thinking about this.

1. 2001 & 2004 are still to fresh in my mind. I have only miseed one SuperBowl since I was born, and that was the 2004 SuperBowl. I was so certain that BB would win it as a rookie... until the Taperiots... ugh. I could not bear to watch that game.

And, in 2001, the Steelers had a few odd snafus. Painful... because, that was a great defense.

I hate the Taperiots!!! I can still hear them taunting BB after the game... I can still see Deion Branch stomping on the hypocycloids in the middle of the field... I can still hear their CBs saying that they could "show" the Steelers their rings.

I hate them.

2. The turds idea sounds perfect.

2-a. So does a tie.

3. I have given it some thought, and we are Steelers fans. Merely "making the play-offs" is not good enough (we are not Chargers fans!!!). SuperBowls... PERIOD.

Thus, the best road to the SuperBowl brings Brady to PITT. The Taperiots losing as many games as possible, helps in this endeavor.

A loss by the Ravens helps the Steelers win the division.
A loss by the Taperiots helps the Steelers get home field.

I know, i know: if the Steelers don't win the division, there is no way that they can get home field. TRUE. But, since the Steelers have two more games against the Ravens, the Steelers can handle that business themselves (whereas, they have NO games, in the regular season, against the Taperiots).

Simply, if the Steelers can't beat the Ravens in those games, then the Steelers do not deserve the division.

Beat who's on the schedule, and the Steelers will control their destiny (as well as eliminate the Ravens & Bengals). But, since the Steelers do not play the Taperiots, the Steelers need the Taperiots to lose as many games as possible. Ergo, Go Ravens!!!

PhantomJB93
09-21-2012, 03:30 PM
I hate Tom Brady and all but boy wouldn't it be nice to see the Ratturds start out 1-2?

lloydwoodson
09-21-2012, 04:31 PM
I have to say go Pats we need to win the division and the Rats will be the ones to beat in the division.

Exactly this.

FrancoLambert
09-21-2012, 04:38 PM
Steelers need the Ravens to lose whenever possible to win the division.

And I never thought this would be possible, but with John Harbaugh I have found a coach that I dislike more than Belichick - they are both arrogant pricks but one of them has actually won something as opposed to the other one who thinks regular season wins deserve a Gatorade bath

Go Patriots!
:applaudit: :hatsoff: :thumbsup:

Thank You. Couldn't agree with you more. I'm very surprised that so many choose the Patriots.
Division winner vs. wildcard - we know how that ends.
Hatred for many of them them: Ray Lewis, Harbaugh, T-Sizzle, Reed...etc.....etc.....etc...
For me it's a no-brainer. :tap: GO PATRIOTS :dang:

EbonySteel86
09-21-2012, 10:54 PM
I have been thinking about this.

1. 2001 & 2004 are still to fresh in my mind. I have only miseed one SuperBowl since I was born, and that was the 2004 SuperBowl. I was so certain that BB would win it as a rookie... until the Taperiots... ugh. I could not bear to watch that game.

And, in 2001, the Steelers had a few odd snafus. Painful... because, that was a great defense.

I hate the Taperiots!!! I can still hear them taunting BB after the game... I can still see Deion Branch stomping on the hypocycloids in the middle of the field... I can still hear their CBs saying that they could "show" the Steelers their rings.

I hate them.

2. The turds idea sounds perfect.

2-a. So does a tie.

3. I have given it some thought, and we are Steelers fans. Merely "making the play-offs" is not good enough (we are not Chargers fans!!!). SuperBowls... PERIOD.

Thus, the best road to the SuperBowl brings Brady to PITT. The Taperiots losing as many games as possible, helps in this endeavor.

A loss by the Ravens helps the Steelers win the division.
A loss by the Taperiots helps the Steelers get home field.

I know, i know: if the Steelers don't win the division, there is no way that they can get home field. TRUE. But, since the Steelers have two more games against the Ravens, the Steelers can handle that business themselves (whereas, they have NO games, in the regular season, against the Taperiots).

Simply, if the Steelers can't beat the Ravens in those games, then the Steelers do not deserve the division.

Beat who's on the schedule, and the Steelers will control their destiny (as well as eliminate the Ravens & Bengals). But, since the Steelers do not play the Taperiots, the Steelers need the Taperiots to lose as many games as possible. Ergo, Go Ravens!!!

Die Cheatriots Diiiiiie!!!! We should not have to rely on the cheatriots for nothing, Steelers will handle the Ravens themselves!

desertsteel
09-22-2012, 12:02 AM
How's this for a outcome. Ravens lose but Brady is out for season.

lose-lose for them
win-win for us

:D

LambertWardSteel
09-22-2012, 01:53 AM
How's this for a outcome. Ravens lose but Brady is out for season.

lose-lose for them
win-win for us

:D

Perfect :drink:

It's only been 2 games but Ravens ranked 27th in defense with 404 YPG average. Be awesome if Suggs loss and The Murderer pushing 40 cripples their D.

teegre
09-22-2012, 04:42 AM
It's only been 2 games but Ravens ranked 27th in defense with 404 YPG average. Be awesome if Suggs loss and The Murderer pushing 40 cripples their D.

Yet... no one is calling them "old & slow."

I'll take being called names & having a pretty good D (as opposed to being a media darling & being ranked 27th).

WVABE
09-22-2012, 04:52 AM
I hope the Ratturds D has a great day and punishes purdy boy.

And I hope it goes to OT and lasts til the final second with the Puts on the W end.

Only one way to get a top 4 seed.

grward
09-22-2012, 06:28 AM

And I hope it goes to OT and lasts til the final second with the Puts on the W end.

Only one way to get a top 4 seed.

:plusone:

Even though :sign05: the :sign02: as well and need to lose to help us secure the division and become :champs:!!

teegre
09-22-2012, 09:22 AM

And I hope it goes to OT and lasts til the final second.

Some great thoughts:

1. Beating each other up, will make them both "weaker" for their next game.

2. Over-time would give each of them an extra quarter of bruises (or, at a minimum, an extra quarter of play: exhausting both teams).

BTW: The Ravens play on Thursday... so, both of these factors could contribute to a loss (to the Browns).

LVSteelersfan
09-22-2012, 09:42 AM
Only one team I hate worse than the Cheatriots and that is the Ratbirds. Take them down Belicheat and pretty boy. Then lose every game for the rest of the season. The thought of the Ratbirds starting 1-2 and totally self destructing after that sounds like the best possible scenario. Screw the Ratbirds and I also hope they beat the crap out of each other. Suggs getting away with breaking Ben's nose and not getting flagged for it is burned into to my memory forever. Nothing sounds better than the Ratbirds losing and then coming back and losing again on a short week.

LVSteelersfan
09-22-2012, 09:47 AM

Not only turds, but the kind you get after a night of eating jalapenos. Flaming turds. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ricco Suavez
09-22-2012, 01:18 PM
I root for the Ravens to lose every game. I root for the Patriots to lose every game. Since at least one will lose I will be happy.

Hawaii 5-0
09-22-2012, 02:04 PM
I root for the Ravens to lose every game. I root for the Patriots to lose every game. Since at least one will lose I will be happy.

great point.

however, since the Rats are in our division and the Pats* are not I hope the Felons lose to the Cheaters. :sign02:

StainlessStill
09-22-2012, 02:23 PM
Pats ALL DAY LONG. Seriously, as a Steelers fan, I can't fathom the thought of rooting for the Ratbirds. It's sinful. Hell, I'm not even rooting for the Cheatriots. I just want them to win for our sake.

But still, the thought of us winning and either the Pats OR the Rats being down 1-2 is a warming feeling.

First and foremost; CRUSH Oakland so we can enjoy it!

ETL
09-22-2012, 04:58 PM
I root for a tie.

Statistically - it acts as good as a loss for both teams as long as we win our games.

Seriously, we have to root for the Pats as the Ravens are in our division.

steve314
09-22-2012, 05:53 PM
I root for a tie.

Statistically - it acts as good as a loss for both teams as long as we win our games.

Seriously, we have to root for the Pats as the Ravens are in our division.

Agree on the tie.

If one team has to win, hopefully it will be in OT (so that both teams get tired) and on a bad call, so that the winning team has less to gloat about.

SteelerFanStuckInBaltimor
09-22-2012, 07:57 PM
One good thing comes out of this game - either the Rats or the Pats* will be 1-2 after 3 weeks in the 2012 season!

Hopefully, it's the Rats. I LOVE to hear the whining... because the officials hate Baltimore, don't you know?

ricardisimo
09-22-2012, 11:36 PM
One good thing comes out of this game - either the Rats or the Pats* will be 1-2 after 3 weeks in the 2012 season!

Hopefully, it's the Rats. I LOVE to hear the whining... because the officials hate Baltimore, don't you know?
And these replacement officials are caving in dramatically to home field teams, so I can't wait to hear the excuses from the home team Rats.

SquirrelHillSteelNut
09-23-2012, 05:13 AM
i severly hate the brown-ravens, but i really hate the brady-CHEATriots* more because they ended our Superbowl chances in our 15-1 season in 2004, and ironically it was the hated brown-ravens who were the only team that beat us that year. i will never stop hating those bastards for that, even when all the brady-generation and belliCHEAT are gone. GRRRRRR:mad:

Drizztbob
09-23-2012, 08:45 AM
As an outspoken Steeler fan living in Baltimore, I'll choose New England every time. I hope the Patriots* crush them. It's a wonderful weekend when the Steelers win and the Ravens lose - I just walk around my workplace, smiling lol. Plus, as Galax said, we need the Rats to lose, to help us in our division. We can always knock the Pats* out later.

I will second this whole heartedly. I live in the exact same situation and when the Ravens lose here in Baltimore, its a great Monday to be a Steeler fan. The moping and blaming of officials/Cam/Flacco/weather, never ceases to cause me joy.

Of course we need to win to make that happen. Lets go Steelers! :tt04:

LVSteelersfan
09-23-2012, 11:56 AM
Bottom line is that the Steelers need to win no matter what the Ratbirds do. I suspect the Ratbirds will take Belicheat and company out, but I wouldn't put it past the so-called mad genius to come up with something to short circuit them. Either way, one AFC hated team loses.

3rdandlong
09-23-2012, 02:31 PM
:I'm rooting for both teams to beat the crap out of each other and come out of the game wounded

Goldsteel86
09-23-2012, 02:34 PM
:I'm rooting for both teams to beat the crap out of each other and come out of the game wounded

Ditto, beat h**l out of each other, then in the end (I am trying very hard to type this) the Patriots steal one.

mikegrimey
09-23-2012, 02:59 PM
The patriots easily, rooting against our divisional foes early in the season is a no brainier. Although I think the ravens will win, they're a tough match in B-more

AndyWitmyer
09-23-2012, 03:03 PM
I dislike the Patriots and always consider a good weekend when they lose - except when they play the Ravens. When this happens, I root for neither, but always hope the NE prevails in an exceptionally close and physically costly game for both teams. I'm not saying that I like to see players getting injured (and I don't) - but it is a part of the game. So yeah, here's hoping for a bloody war of attrition.

My main interest is watching the Steelers win - when they do, anything else is a cherry on top.

dustyblades
09-23-2012, 08:24 PM
After the abomination in northern Cali I'm rooting for the Ravens' D to knock the snot outta Marsha while finding a way to lose at the same time.

With each sip of Yuengling I tell myself, "there's still time for us to put it all together".
All body parts are crossed...

dustyblades
09-23-2012, 11:04 PM
Pooooooooop!

TRH
09-23-2012, 11:06 PM
right now, as a collective unit, the Ravens look like a much, much better team than we have, even w/out Suggs.
I like our offense better, as a whole, they easily look like the better team right now.

StainlessStill
09-23-2012, 11:11 PM
As bad of a football weekend you could have. Us blowing a lead in the 4th QRT on the road against an inferior AFC opponent when our QB throws for 400 yards and 4 TD's and our competition in the North pull out close victories that could have gone either way.

Baltimore is tough to play at home. Will probably go undefeated this season on their own turf.

AFC North matchups will be bigger than you can imagine for us this season. We are ALREADY behind the 8-ball with 2 loss's against AFC opponents on the road. Not a good weekend for Steelers fans. As bad as it can get, really.

Hope we respond with a sense of urgency.