PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu, Harrison, Mendenhall, Sylvester ruled out vs. OAK

tony hipchest
09-21-2012, 01:31 PM
Gerry Dulac just reported. Mike adams hasnt practiced all week (back) and is listed as questionable.

ricardisimo
09-21-2012, 01:34 PM
I was kind of hoping to see Mendy get a few carries, but it's probably just as well if he sits until after the break.

Fire Arians
09-21-2012, 01:48 PM
I was kind of hoping to see Mendy get a few carries, but it's probably just as well if he sits until after the break.

i think they'll be patient with his return, redman and dwyer have been doing well enough.

it seems like the team has a plan to conserve some guys early in the season so we can have our starters in top shape in time for the playoffs (esp by not rushing in harrison/polamalu)

Darkstorm05
09-21-2012, 01:57 PM
Gerry Dulac just reported. Mike adams hasnt practiced all week (back) and is listed as questionable.

Didn't the Steelers rule used to be if they couldn't practice Wed or Thu, they don't play Sunday?

Brett Cottrell
09-21-2012, 02:34 PM
Oy!
Need Mendenhall. He can't single-handedly fix the running game, but he can certainly help it.

FanSince72
09-21-2012, 03:16 PM
I think it's a smart move.

The guys who really need the reps are guys like Dwyer, Rainey, Allen, etc.

We should be able to handle Oakland without Troy, Harrison and Mendy. Then we get to the bye week and everyone has a chance to really be 100%.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-21-2012, 03:30 PM
Man, I was thinking that Sylvester would make a difference in the ..................ah, never mind.

ricardisimo
09-21-2012, 04:07 PM
Didn't the Steelers rule used to be if they couldn't practice Wed or Thu, they don't play Sunday?
That has never really been applied to the big wigs... Ben, Troy, Deebo, Bettis back in the day. They would play when they claimed to be ready.

Atlanta Dan
09-21-2012, 04:36 PM
Apparently Troy was injured in the week preceding the Broncos game and aggravated the injury in Denver

Polamalu said today he injured his right calf the week leading up to the season opener in Denver. The injury was aggravated in the game.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-harrison-polamalu-officially-out-for-oakland-game-654395/

My concerns with the "calf" injury is that it could be a recurrence of the right achilles tendon injury that rendered Polamalu immobile during the late 2010 season and playoffs

tony hipchest
09-21-2012, 04:38 PM
That has never really been applied to the big wigs... Ben, Troy, Deebo, Bettis back in the day. They would play when they claimed to be ready.actually a long standing rule with cowher and tomlin was that everybody had to atleast practice on friday (or sat for a mon night game) if they wanted to play on sunday. last week tomlin admitted he is not married to this rule in the instance of a veteran player such as harrison or polamalu.

in his young coaching career he has not waivered from it though.

ricardisimo
09-21-2012, 04:54 PM
actually a long standing rule with cowher and tomlin was that everybody had to atleast practice on friday (or sat for a mon night game) if they wanted to play on sunday. last week tomlin admitted he is not married to this rule in the instance of a veteran player such as harrison or polamalu.

in his young coaching career he has not waivered from it though.
I remember Ben playing last season and the year before after not practicing the entire week.

Goldsteel86
09-21-2012, 04:56 PM
Anyone who has watched College Football has heard the term "Coach in Waiting", as much as I hate to admit it and relish the fact of days of old with a "Flyin' Hawaiian" whose hair was on fire and a gritty tough nosed "Silverback" Assasin the tides are starting to change. Once again I hate to admit it but the Steelers may want to look for the new "OLB and S in waiting". I guess this is what happens when you play a contact sport at such a high level, the writing is starting to be written on the wall, I really hope the person who is writing gets writer's cramp real soon!

Hawaii 5-0
09-21-2012, 04:58 PM

so if Gilbert gets hurt, Foster would move to RT and Legursky would be the RG.

and if Starks were injured, Gilbert would move to LT while Foster moved to RT and Legursky at RG.

tony hipchest
09-21-2012, 04:58 PM
I remember Ben playing last season and the year before after not practicing the entire week.i dont remember. san fransisco maybe?

Riddle_Of_Steel
09-21-2012, 05:52 PM
Anybody know-- when did Troy get hurt in the first place? I never saw anything and I don't recall seeing him get hurt during any game.

Goldsteel86
09-21-2012, 06:18 PM
Anybody know-- when did Troy get hurt in the first place? I never saw anything and I don't recall seeing him get hurt during any game.

Was wondering the same,if I am not mistaken Troy played and finished the game against Denver, now what bothers me is game speed. Harrison is going to try to be back after three full games and a bye, Troy, sure he played the first game, but game speed is everything. Also, with the lack of playing time how long will it take for he and Clark to be on the same page. This really concerns me, more with Troy than James, will Troy's strained calf be a lingering issue???

Atlanta Dan
09-21-2012, 06:51 PM

He says he strained the "calf" the week before the Denver game and aggravated it during the game

Troy was not moving well at the end of the Denver game when he was trying to play mind games with Manning as to where he was lining up down near the goal line but had no burst

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-21-2012, 08:37 PM
so if Gilbert gets hurt, Foster would move to RT and Legursky would be the RG.

and if Starks were injured, Gilbert would move to LT while Foster moved to RT and Legursky at RG.

Beachum could figure in it too.

Goldsteel86
09-21-2012, 10:15 PM
Beachum could figure in it too.

Good Night, lets not even get this far it's bad enough as it is. I think I may be sick!