PDA

View Full Version : Nate Washington

83-Steelers-43
08-02-2006, 10:24 AM
As with our last TC, I've been hearing nothing but great things about Nate Washington. He made two key catches during the playoffs last season and he has decent height (6'1) compared to Wilson (5'10) and ARE (5'10) when he was here. I'm not stating height is everything, but it's nice to have at the #2 position. Plus the kid has proven he can make key catches in the big games after being taken off the bench at a moments notice.

Would any of you be shocked if he was our #2 at the start of the season or became our #2 midway through the season? While I'm hoping Wilson will pick up where he left off and that he probably will be the #2 (barring injury), I still feel he is better suited in the third slot. I'd love to see Nate get a chance to prove himself.

So do you feel this kid has a legitimate shot at taking the #2 slot at some point this season? Thoughts? Opinions?

nicesteel4life
08-02-2006, 10:51 AM
I'll tell you what, he has got a great leaping ability specially with that 6.1' frame. I seen him at a few basketball games this spring and summer that he was amazing. I really think he has got a chance to get a BUNCH more playing time. But as always camp is early and only time will tell. But I love the fact that the first two days he made himself noticed. I also agree that his size is advantage at the number 2 spot. Gives Ben a little better target. If he can keep his speed up he will be the 2nd reciever set by midway through the season. I really think we got a great group of recievers, sorry that a few are going to have to be cut.

BlackNGold203
08-02-2006, 10:52 AM
I dont know about #2.....

Depends how many WR we keep....

Ward...Wilson...Holmes...Morgan...Morey...Washingt on...Reid.....do we normally keep 6???

Black@Gold Forever32
08-02-2006, 10:55 AM
As with our last TC, I've been hearing nothing but great things about Nate Washington. He made two key catches during the playoffs last season and he has decent height (6'1) compared to Wilson (5'10) and ARE (5'10) when he was here. I'm not stating height is everything, but it's nice to have at the #2 position. Plus the kid has proven he can make key catches in the big games after being taken off the bench at a moments notice.

Would any of you be shocked if he was our #2 at the start of the season or became our #2 midway through the season? While I'm hoping Wilson will pick up where he left off and that he probably will be the #2 (barring injury), I still feel he is better suited in the third slot. I'd love to see Nate get a chance to prove himself.

So do you feel this kid has a legitimate shot at taking the #2 slot at some point this season? Thoughts? Opinions?

I agree with you so much about Nate Washington. I wouldn't be shocked if he is the number 2 WR come mid season. If that happen it wouldn't be so much as a knock on Cedric Wilson but Nate Washington just proving he is a starter in this league. Plus I'm with you on Cedric. Even though I think he would be fine as the number 2. I would like to see him in the slot.

Nate Washington reminds me of David Givens. The former Pats WR that signed with the Titans.

83-Steelers-43
08-02-2006, 10:56 AM
Let's start here. Try and break it down. In camp we have.......

Hines Ward (lock)

Cedrick Wilson (lock)

Santonio Holmes (lock)

Quincy Morgan (Even though I like him, I think much depends on his knee, but wouldn't be surprised if he's cut)

Nate Washington (lock)

Willie Reid (lock)

Sean Morey (Job could be in trouble if a young buck steps up to the plate)

Lee Mays (Cut)

Eugene Baker (cut)

Walter Young (practice squad?)

Isaac West (practice squad?)

Adam Herzing (Cut)

Fair assumptions? If not, what would you change?

TasmanianTroy271
08-02-2006, 11:23 AM
All those Walter Young fanboys better brace for impact, because I have a feeling he's not gonna make it, especially with who we already have. To disagree with you, 83-43, I think that Quincy's just as much of a lock as the other guys, which leaves us with 7 WR's. I tihnk Sean Morey has more of a chance of being cut than Quincy this season, but you know how Cowher loves his ST er's.

83-Steelers-43
08-02-2006, 11:36 AM
To disagree with you, 83-43, I think that Quincy's just as much of a lock as the other guys, which leaves us with 7 WR's. I tihnk Sean Morey has more of a chance of being cut than Quincy this season, but you know how Cowher loves his ST er's.

Well, I don't think we "disagree" per say. I'm a Quincy Morgan fan but between the signings of Holmes/Reid and the problems with his knee he could very well be out of a job.

I don't think Morey can even be considered a WR on this team. He's strictly ST's and I have a strong feeling a young player (Smith maybe?) could very well take his job away from him this season. I also feel Morey's future will depend on how well Reid/Holmes do as recievers in the preseason to whether they keep Morey or not. That may sound funny because Morey isn't much of a reciever but it is not for his recieving skills that I say this, it's whether they feel the need to keep on Morgan or if they are more than comfortable going into the season with 2 rookies backing up the starters (assuming wilson and ward are the starters).

I think that made sense?....lol.

BlackNGold203
08-02-2006, 11:47 AM
Morey has been special teams captain for 2 years....for him to go someone will REALLY have to step up....

still depends on how many WR we are keeping...this is a nice problem to have....

83-Steelers-43
08-02-2006, 12:00 PM
Morey has been special teams captain for 2 years....for him to go someone will REALLY have to step up....

Chidi Iwouma maybe?

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-02-2006, 12:13 PM
There are teams out there (Atlanta for instance) chomping at the bit ..in hopes that we cut EITHER Morgan or Washington...
I agree that Washington is a lock and will be here when the season starts...but with Atlanta losing Finneran for the season...could Morgan be bait for us to land Duckett? (just a thought)
I thought Morgan showed me something last year..and is one of the best WR in the league in drawing the passing interference call...which is JUST as good as a reception (and better, since you get the first down)

steelerbackr4life
08-02-2006, 12:17 PM
I dont know if anyone has Sirius , but they are in Latrobe today and tomorrow. They just interviewed Nate and they are working him in the slot. He sounded reall possitive and said so far he hasnt gotten "the chin" from coach cowher.

tony hipchest
08-02-2006, 12:19 PM
they just interviewed washington on sirius, (theyre talkin to faneca right now) and i was trully impressed. very bright, and definitely funny. he said he is currently running with the 1st team as the #3 slot wr. he said its an adjustment cause he has never played the slot but he kirwan were discussing it and he is grasping the concepts really well as far as all the defenders you gotta watch in the middle vs. just one corner on the outside.

he talked about what a tight group the wr's are. called them brothers and they are a big family. while there is definitely competition amongst them all, first and foremost they respect eachother and always lend praise when one does something right and correct the mistakes of one who does wrong.

they were laughing when they asked him the ribbing he took from being from a small school noone knows. he said when you screw up not only do you get slammed but so does youre school. in regerds to haggans getting stood up, the players were saying "oh so thats how they do it in colorado state".

great guy, and im definitely rooting for him. looks like steelerbacker has sirius too. good stuff huh?. they will interview cowher tomorrow at 10:30 est

steelerbackr4life
08-02-2006, 12:30 PM
looks like steelerbacker has sirius too. good stuff huh?. they will interview cowher tomorrow at 10:30 est

Yeah too bad you cant listen to that channel online. Im in the house now.

tony hipchest
08-02-2006, 12:37 PM
Yeah too bad you cant listen to that channel online. Im in the house now. ive been cleaning out my car then went and drove around for about 30 minutes and finally said screw it, im gonna work from home till this is over. santonio holmes just gave a pretty good interview but i have to say n. washington has alot more personallity. it sounds like homes is just keeping his nose to the grindstone and not stepping on any toes. kirwan and ryan say hes built bigger than youd expect and they love his attitude. sounds good to me.

billcowherschin
08-02-2006, 01:07 PM
I think we will cut Morgan, but as far as Morey goes, we wont cut him

DiggetyDank
08-02-2006, 01:33 PM
Some people may not know this, but you can listen to Sirius in your house. If you're a subscriber, they provide you with a login that you can use anywhere. My friend gave me his password so I just use that.

Haiku_Dirtt
08-02-2006, 02:04 PM
Nate really showed me something new playing defense in the first quarter against Denver in the AFCCG breaking up a certain interception in the corner of the endzone.

Instead of a touchback we scored three and Denver turns it over three plays later leaving the Broncos stuck in the gate.

I haven't seen any reason to think that he wouldn't be pushing Wilson.

Prosdo
08-02-2006, 02:31 PM
I saw Nate up Latrobe last year. Ever since I have been rooting for him. He was pretty impressive during drills. He was also very good with the fans after practice. I think he definitely has a chance to make the roster. As for the number 2 spot I'm not sure. Anything is possible I suppose.

Lukin83
08-02-2006, 02:37 PM
Morey is currently running as the #5 ahead of Reid, for what it's worth.

steelerbackr4life
08-02-2006, 02:47 PM
Some people may not know this, but you can listen to Sirius in your house. If you're a subscriber, they provide you with a login that you can use anywhere. My friend gave me his password so I just use that.

Yes I do that but not all of the talk stations can be listened to online

Koopa
08-02-2006, 02:50 PM
i've liked washington since last year. but i don't want this fool to stunt the growth of our number 1 pick in holmes or willie reid. maybe washington can be good trade bait or something

dhosmer
08-02-2006, 03:26 PM
i've liked washington since last year. but i don't want this fool to stunt the growth of our number 1 pick in holmes or willie reid. maybe washington can be good trade bait or something

i don't see why they can't just duke it out for roster spots (surely all three will make the roster) and playing time. do you not want the best steelers on the field?

Black@Gold Forever32
08-02-2006, 03:28 PM
I saw Nate up Latrobe last year. Ever since I have been rooting for him. He was pretty impressive during drills. He was also very good with the fans after practice. I think he definitely has a chance to make the roster. As for the number 2 spot I'm not sure. Anything is possible I suppose.

Hey Nate Washington is a long shot to be the number two WR. But Willie Parker also at onetime was the long shot to be the number 1 RB. Look what happened. I think Nate Washington is the Willie Parker of this year.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-02-2006, 03:32 PM

How is Washington out there competing with Holmes and Reid stunting their growth? If anything its helping Santonio and Willie. I guess you just want to hand Holmes the slot WR spot and Reid the fourth spot. In the NFL you have to work for what you want. Just like in life. With the competition going on in camp between our WR's. Thats exactly what is happening.

Wake up man?

Haiku_Dirtt
08-02-2006, 03:35 PM
How is Washington out there competing with Holmes and Reid stunting their growth? If anything its helping Santonio and Willie. I guess you just want to hand Holmes the slot WR spot and Reid the fourth spot. In the NFL you have to work for what you want. Just like in life. With the competition going on in camp between our WR's. Thats exactly what is happening.

Wake up man?

Stunting their growth? Or showing them how it's done. If you can't compete with Nate Washington then get off the roster.

Elvis
08-02-2006, 05:44 PM
First of all.. Nate in my opinion would not be a good starter.. yeah.. he has size but where is the speed that we need? We went thru that with Plaxico... all height.. No speed.. That is the reason we drafted Santonio Holmes... he has the speed that we just lost with Randle El' ... We need Holmes to have a good rookie year to take some of the pressure off our possesion reciever... Hines Ward.. I would like to see Nate be our 3rd or 4th reciever but that is about it...
God Bless All
Elvis

Polamalu43
08-02-2006, 10:26 PM
I dont know about #2.....

Depends how many WR we keep....

Ward...Wilson...Holmes...Morgan...Morey...Washingt on...Reid.....do we normally keep 6???

yeah i agree, he is not gonna be our 2nd reciever, thats gonna be Wilson our 3rd is morgan.. but wash looks like a great WR though

nicesteel4life
08-02-2006, 10:52 PM
Only Time will tell
and opinions will hold
or they may fold. Either
way our reciever core
will score like hell...

REPEAT! Can we get a REPEAT over here? SIR........

MasterOfPuppets
08-03-2006, 02:06 AM
if the competition is that close,you gotta believe the deciding factor will be $$$$$$$$$$. i don't know what morgans contract is,but i bet its bigger than nates...

TasmanianTroy271
08-03-2006, 11:12 AM
yeah i agree, he is not gonna be our 2nd reciever, thats gonna be Wilson our 3rd is morgan.. but wash looks like a great WR though

As of right now, Nate has been taking all the snaps in the slot with the first team, so I wouldn't be so sure about Morgan.