PDA

View Full Version : Ron Cook - Steelers Offense Looks The Same

Atlanta Dan
09-23-2012, 10:40 AM
Having lost his battle to keep his source Bruce Arians around, Ron Cook of The P-G claims the offense has not really changed.

Is it just me or does the Steelers offense under Todd Haley look very much like it did when Bruce Arians was calling the plays?

Ben Roethlisberger takes the snap and drops back to pass ... Roethlisberger escapes pressure by stepping up in the pocket or rolling to his right or to his left ... Roethlisberger looks downfield ... he looks, he looks ... just when it seems as if there's no way he can make a play, Roethlisberger completes a pass for a first down.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/ron-cook/steelers-offense-still-goes-with-ben-654611/

Great logic Ron - Ben was the QB when Arians was the OC, Ben is the QB when Haley is the OC, ergo the offense looks the same.

Makes sense assuming you have not watched the last 2 games

Of course no Cook column would be complete without Ben throwing some chum in the water

It turns out Haley and Roethlisberger have played nice.

For the most part, anyway.

"We had one little incident," Roethlisberger said.

It happened during the Denver game Sept. 9 when the Steelers were beaten, 31-19.

"I walked away. I'll leave it at that. I walked away" Roethlisberger said.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/ron-cook/steelers-offense-still-goes-with-ben-654611/

Ben cannot help himself and just give a robotic "everything is perfect" reponse to these sorts of matters:chuckle:

IMO he does not intend to stir the pot, he just does it with his interview style - I am grateful to have Ben as the Steelers QB and accept he will constantly take a jab about something when he is interviewed - small enough price to pay for having a franchise QB

Bayz101
09-23-2012, 10:53 AM
Seriously? This guy's worse than Suitanim!

The difference between this offense and Arians is the fact that this offense SCORES IN THE REDZONE. This offense puts the dagger in other teams to close out games, and it chews up a quarters worth of clock in the process.

All of these notable improvements, and it's week three.

Ron Cook loves him some Arians. He needs to jump onto the Colts bandwagon and give it up.

Sharkissle29
09-23-2012, 11:14 AM
Disagree big time with this one...these offenses are not even close.

fer522
09-23-2012, 11:36 AM
what is this FOOL talking about :doh: he must be arians lover or something

FrancoLambert
09-23-2012, 11:50 AM
:poop::poop::poop::poop:

tony hipchest
09-23-2012, 11:51 AM
ron cook still works for the post gazette? i thought he moved to indianapolis (star) to continue covering arians.

Seriously? This guy's worse than Suitanim!

.not even close. revtard is actually arians next of kin and lives in his basement along with uncle mitt. :cheer:

LVSteelersfan
09-23-2012, 01:08 PM
Not even close. Arians offense - one dimensional. Haley's offense - not so much. It is still a work in progress but the difference is night and day. When Mendenhall gets back, if the line stays the same, I think we will start seeing the running game take off.

MasterOfPuppets
09-23-2012, 01:22 PM
Not even close. Arians offense - one dimensional. Haley's offense - not so much. It is still a work in progress but the difference is night and day. When Mendenhall gets back, if the line stays the same, I think we will start seeing the running game take off.
hold up..:huh: .....the last 2 years i've been reading here that redman was the cure for the running game and mendenhall's "dancing" was the problem.....:noidea: