PDA

View Full Version : Ben: Haley and I had an incident in Denver, I walked away

Hawaii 5-0
09-23-2012, 01:40 PM
Roethlisberger: Haley and I had an incident in Denver, I walked away

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 23, 2012

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/haleyroethlisberger.jpg?w=250

From the day Todd Haley was hired as the Steelers’ offensive coordinator, questions have been raised about whether he and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger would get along. Roethlisberger says for the most part, they’ve gotten along just fine — but he does admit there was one “incident” between them.

Roethlisberger told Ron Cook of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that he and Haley had a problem during the Steelers’ Week One loss to the Broncos, but Roethlisberger says he made a point of not allowing the issue to escalate.

“We had one little incident,” Roethlisberger said. “I walked away. I’ll leave it at that. I walked away.”

That incident aside, Roethlisberger says he and Haley have gotten together just fine. In fact, Roethlisberger thinks the media have made too big a deal out of their personal relationship.

“People really did make a big deal about it,” Roethlisberger said. “I heard Cris Carter [on ESPN] ask, ‘Why doesn’t Ben embrace the change and want to get better?’ That’s ridiculous. I’m all about getting better. I never said the change was going to be bad or good. I just said it was a change. It was what it was.”

If Roethlisberger and Haley can limit themselves to one incident, then the change in the Steelers’ offense will have gone more smoothly than most people predicted.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/23/roethlisberger-haley-and-i-had-an-incident-in-denver-i-walked-away/

Bayz101
09-23-2012, 01:52 PM
That's awesome. One incident is a good track record, LOL. As long as these "incidents" aren't being brought up, it's clear that the offense is executing.

Kanata-Steeler
09-23-2012, 02:26 PM
That's right Ben,
...Meet the NEW Boss, "NOT the" same as the old Boss...!
;)

SteelCity4Life
09-23-2012, 02:40 PM
That's right Ben,
...Meet the NEW Boss, "NOT the" same as the old Boss...!
;)

ahaha! Music references.....

GoFor7
09-23-2012, 02:40 PM
Really not so sure why some yinzers are so excited to see Ben get yelled at.

tony hipchest
09-23-2012, 02:49 PM
Really not so sure why some yinzers are so excited to see Ben get yelled at.youve jumped the shark.

do you talk about anything that is actually relevant anymore? or are you going to just turn into a parody of yourself and embrace this "3rd and long" image youve created and seem to embrace.? :hug:
(this poster has former SF member DanRooney written all over him. im selecting him for our fantasy ban pool draft.)

Bayz101
09-23-2012, 02:49 PM
Really not so sure why some yinzers are so excited to see Ben get yelled at.

Doesn't make much sense, does it? Ben isn't going to get flack from Haley if he's not making stupid mistakes. So all of you who WANT him to get into it with Haley want him to fail. It's that simple.

It's early in the season. I expect the stupid mistakes to happen NOW, and so far, it's been pretty clean.

GoFor7
09-23-2012, 02:51 PM
Doesn't make much sense, does it? Ben isn't going to get flack from Haley if he's not making stupid mistakes. So all of you who WANT him to get into it with Haley want him to fail. It's that simple.

It's early in the season. I expect the stupid mistakes to happen NOW, and so far, it's been pretty clean.

Even if Ben does make a stupid mistake, does he really need yelled at? I'm sure he knows when he screws up.

See Tony, that's how big boys answer questions. :thumbsup:

Steelersfan87
09-23-2012, 02:57 PM
Everybody needs to get yelled at every once in a while. I prefer that, when it's necessary, it actually gets done.

Hawaii 5-0
09-23-2012, 03:04 PM
Ben Roethlisberger brushes off Todd Haley incident

By Marc Sessler
Published: Sept. 23, 2012

Those expecting a new-look offense from Todd Haley and the Pittsburgh Steelers haven't seen much evidence of change through two weeks of this young season.

The team's new offensive coordinator was linked to chatter of moving to a run-heavy offense, which never sat well with quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. But the Steelers are still throwing the ball all over the place, and Haley and Big Ben have made it work -- for the most part.

"We had one little incident," Roethlisberger told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, referring to a sideline spat in the season-opening loss to the Denver Broncos. Haley went at Roethlisberger on the sideline, but the veteran quarterback chose a path of peace.

"I walked away. I'll leave it at that. I walked away," Roethlisberger said.

Pittsburgh's former offensive coordinator Bruce Arians remains extremely close to Roethlisberger -- calling him "my other son" -- and told the newspaper in the summer that "yelling at (Ben) -- especially on game day -- is the worst thing you can do."

The best thing you can do is let Roethlisberger play his game. This is a quarterback who's at his best calling his own plays in a no-huddle scheme with the game on the line. We've seen enough of that early on to suggest that Haley's system won't squelch the quarterback's mojo. Maybe this new arrangement will work out -- things usually do in the Steel City.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...haley-incident

GoFor7
09-23-2012, 03:06 PM
Everybody needs to get yelled at every once in a while. I prefer that, when it's necessary, it actually gets done.

Plenty of yelling goes on between coaches and players in the NFL. Maybe not always in view of the cameras, but it does happen. I just think it says more about the media and some fans when they gleefully hope for it to happen than it says about Ben or Todd Haley.

Hawaii 5-0
09-23-2012, 03:11 PM
the question I have is why Ben would even bring this up? isn't something like this incident better kept between the parties involved than putting it out to the media?

SteelersFever
09-23-2012, 03:18 PM
the question I have is why Ben would even bring this up? isn't something like this incident better kept between the parties involved than putting it out to the media?

The only questions that Ben doesn't answer are the ones that could get HIM in trouble. Specifically the fine-able comments Roger isn't fond of. That's not always a good thing, but if it's the only real problems i'm fine with it. As long as he's not getting in trouble off-field and putting himself in stupid positions.

Off topic: The Redskins have tied up with the Bengals. Root for RG3!

tony hipchest
09-23-2012, 03:21 PM
the question I have is why Ben would even bring this up? isn't something like this incident better kept between the parties involved than putting it out to the media?it would take a "rosetta stone" to figure that out.

"gotta fever of a hunnerd point threeeeeee....."

o90-EHEE8jg

GoFor7
09-23-2012, 03:22 PM
The only questions that Ben doesn't answer are the ones that could get HIM in trouble. Specifically the fine-able comments Roger isn't fond of. That's not always a good thing, but if it's the only real problems i'm fine with it. As long as he's not getting in trouble off-field and putting himself in stupid positions.

Off topic: The Redskins have tied up with the Bengals. Root for RG3!

Ben: "Hey, anyone wonder why Roger suspended me with no charges filed but smacked Brett Favre on the wrist after he sent pictures of his dick around?"

"Hey, Marshawn Lynch got in trouble, but the NFL is waiting for the trial that takes place in 2013? Why didn't Roger wait for me like he is for Lynch?"

That certainly wouldn't get him in trouble with Herr Goodell, would it? :chuckle:

4xSBChamps
09-23-2012, 06:45 PM
the question I have is why Ben would even bring this up?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/movies/ZANG.jpg