PDA

View Full Version : Its time for Casey to tap out

Curtain_of_Steel
09-23-2012, 05:35 PM
They are pushing his fat ass all over theplace. If McClendon had such a great camp, why are we not seeing more of him?

casteeler
09-23-2012, 05:36 PM
They are pushing his fat ass all over theplace. If McClendon had such a great camp, why are we not seeing more of him?

Maybe he didn't, this defense hasn't added much defensively in a few years

FrancoLambert
09-23-2012, 07:33 PM
And we might want to add Keisel to this list.
He looks immobile, gets no push, and is slow to react.
Sad but seems true.

ETL
09-23-2012, 07:37 PM
our DL in general is not playing as well as DL units in the past.

But their job is not to get pressure on the QB - its our LBs and I don't see the pressure that I am used to seeing

Goldsteel86
09-23-2012, 07:38 PM
Big Snacks has lost it big time, he is fat and relies on being fat to make a difference. LeBeau needs to think about playing some of the younger players like Heyward and T'eamu (SP).

tony hipchest
09-23-2012, 07:41 PM
i had assumed mclendon straight up won the starting job in the pre-season. i wonder if the team has been giving hampton a free pass?

i agree that keisel pretty much seems to be a non factor all year.

steelfury02
09-23-2012, 08:37 PM
young players? Why the heck not - even if all it did was give them a little spark I'd say it is worth it. It cannot get worse in terms of being beat off the line of scrimmage or getting push. It seriously cannot get any worse. SERIOUSLY. DO IT.

Darkstorm05
09-23-2012, 08:40 PM
i wonder if the team has been giving hampton a free pass?

When he survived the offseason cuts I think it was pretty obvious something was up. He makes way too much money to just be here for the hell of it. If he's really our best option, we're in trouble.

lipps83
09-23-2012, 09:10 PM
young players? Why the heck not - even if all it did was give them a little spark I'd say it is worth it. It cannot get worse in terms of being beat off the line of scrimmage or getting push. It seriously cannot get any worse. SERIOUSLY. DO IT.

Because Dick's defense is too complicated. It takes at least 4 years to even figure out which position you play in it.

I am tired of LeBeau, sorry if I am in the minority but I think that ship has run its course.

GoFor7
09-23-2012, 09:29 PM
Because Dick's defense is too complicated. It takes at least 4 years to even figure out which position you play in it.

I am tired of LeBeau, sorry if I am in the minority but I think that ship has run its course.

Maybe it's time for LeBeau to simplify things for the younger guys.

harrison'samonster
09-23-2012, 09:31 PM
i think after tonight I agree that this d-line looks pretty bad. I haven't seen much from any of them this year.

SteeleReign
09-23-2012, 09:36 PM

But their job is not to get pressure on the QB - its our LBs and I don't see the pressure that I am used to seeing

Without a doubt, this is our problem and has been for two years. We continually try to pressure the QB with 4 rushers and none of them seem to get close.

I'd like to see more McLendon, and maybe even Brandon Johnson. They both looked good in pre-season, so why not?

BlockMonsta
09-23-2012, 11:36 PM
Cam Heyward would be nice.

OX1947
09-24-2012, 12:04 AM
And Aaron Smith might be the greatest DL in the history of the NFL against the run.

Steeldude
09-24-2012, 02:43 AM
And we might want to add Keisel to this list.
He looks immobile, gets no push, and is slow to react.
Sad but seems true.

He's always been that way. He is too light.

Steeldude
09-24-2012, 02:47 AM
i had assumed mclendon straight up won the starting job in the pre-season. i wonder if the team has been giving hampton a free pass?

i agree that keisel pretty much seems to be a non factor all year.

I have been saying Hampton was done for 4 years now. I caught a lot of heat from the rah-rah fans for it :thumbsup: I was hoping the Steelers would cut Hampton

Kiesel was never really that good to begin with. He's pretty much always had trouble with getting push, absorbing blockers and defending the run. He is too light to play DE in the Steelers scheme, in my opinion.

I miss Seals, Steed and Buckner :thumbsup:

tanda10506
09-24-2012, 02:57 AM
I have been saying Hampton was done for 4 years now. I caught a lot of heat from the rah-rah fans for it :thumbsup: I was hoping the Steelers would cut Hampton

Kiesel was never really that good to begin with. He's pretty much always had trouble with getting push, absorbing blockers and defending the run. He is too light to play DE in the Steelers scheme, in my opinion.

I miss Seals, Steed and Buckner :thumbsup:

Well I wasn't a member here then, but Hampton wasn't finished 4 years ago, nor has Keisel had problems stopping the run or getting a push in the past.

Goldsteel86
09-24-2012, 05:36 PM
I think a little spark from the youth may get these veterans going, nothing like having to stand on the sidelines and watch someone younger than you get the playing time you used to get. Hell, anything is worth trying at this point, if a "youth movement" is what is needed so be it. Also, the fact that Dick LeBeau's scheme is too complicated to understand, well that is easy, if you are a down lineman fill gaps, pressure the QB and if you don't exactly know what your job is ask, or better yet write it on your wrist, everyone else does!

Steeldude
09-26-2012, 07:56 AM
Well I wasn't a member here then, but Hampton wasn't finished 4 years ago, nor has Keisel had problems stopping the run or getting a push in the past.

Hampton was done. Hoke was the better NT.

maddog78
09-26-2012, 08:20 AM
Put Heyward, Ta'amu, Hood, Woodley on the DL and let them crash the pocket. We're dropping Woodley into coverage and asking the DL to stand up and play read/react.

Ta'amu was scolded during camp for making a sack. Heyward was benched for sacking Sanchez to end the Jets game. They don't want that out of the DL.

Tomlin's been drafting 4-3 talent since he arrived. Time to install it. If Dick doesn't like it, sorry, but he's not the head coach.

Time for Tomlin to act like one.

steelfury02
09-26-2012, 08:51 AM
if they were scolded and benched, that is BS IMO

2 ideas might help with this defense:

Amoeba and Rotation. If we have multiple personnel packages with 1 down lineman I think that would be a whole lot less predictable.

Can you imagine seeing 3rd and 8 with Hood down, and Woodley, Heyward, McClendon and maybe even James in there, with Troy playing mid not knowing what the heck his plan is? That leaves 5 in the secondary, not counting Troy.

Then imagine next situation seeing Heyward down, then next seeing McClendon down maybe with a corner blitz in mind - I dunno, just going on and on now - but ya know what I mean? I think that would make some O's shit themselves, but I'm no freakin expert - I just know this passive shit gotta stop no matter who is in there.

Steelerfreak58
09-26-2012, 09:06 AM
Let the young guys play they have the playbook down none of them are rookies (besides Taamu) see if they can change the make up of the current sorry state of the D.

Edman
09-26-2012, 09:18 AM
It's time for Lebeau, Casey, and Keisel to start tapping out. Send John Mitchell out along with them. Their Defense is done and tired, and I'm getting tired them trotting the same old shit that isn't working.

Because we're not allowing our D-Line to attack. Dickard wants them to titty-fight with linemen and play GAP CONTROL. Ta'amu was chewed out for getting a sack, Cam Heyward likely got the same crap for getting a sack in the Jets game and was likely benched afterwards, since he didn't start the Oakland game. Read & React, Cushion Zone Defense, Backers dropping in coverage, Classic Lebeau Defense.

Well, this shit is certainly working alright. 15th in rush defense, Big plays of 40 yards or more given up every game, 58 points given up in consecutive road games. It's not working, but Lebeau the genius can't see it, or worse, is seeing it but keep going on with it anyway because of his ego.

This is on Tomlin to fix, Lebeau and his cronies aren't going to do it.

tanda10506
09-26-2012, 12:09 PM
Hampton was done. Hoke was the better NT.

Well that's your opinion but his on the field play showed to the contrary. I agree that Hoke was a bad ass NT but that's not who we were talking about.

tanda10506
09-26-2012, 12:17 PM
Let the young guys play they have the playbook down none of them are rookies (besides Taamu) see if they can change the make up of the current sorry state of the D.

Completely agree, who knows, the young guys combined with Harrison back on the front line might save the season. When Harrison is back he may not make all the big plays he used to, but offenses are afraid of him and will take the double team off Woodley to block Harrison, as opposed to Carter who has contributed seemingly nothing. If the young guys on the line can slow down the run (we give up a lot of big run plays lately) and get some pressure then that may be "good enough". I don't see this being a top D, but man coverage and the new guys playing well should be enough to let the offense win games.

stiller39
09-26-2012, 01:10 PM
Maybe its time for the Head Coach to step up and make the D coordinator responsible for the D's poor play... remember the standard is the standard.....

steeltheone
09-26-2012, 01:39 PM
Casey took a pay cut to stay, and bottom line, at this point, having him here playing is worth more than paying him to stay home. This was another instance of not have the players ready to take over.

Depth is the major issue!