PDA

View Full Version : DICK LEBEAU MUST GO!!!!!!!!!

lopanchein
09-23-2012, 06:59 PM
I AM SICK of our cb's playing off 7-9 yards every snap and giving up curl/hitch routes all game long!!!!!!! he never adjusts and palmer looks like aaron rodgers?????????
he is a legend a hofer but his time is over

lipps83
09-23-2012, 07:08 PM
I AM SICK of our cb's playing off 7-9 yards every snap and giving up curl/hitch routes all game long!!!!!!! he never adjusts and palmer looks like aaron rodgers?????????

I have been saying that since last year. He has lost his innovative edge.

SteelCurtain5643
09-23-2012, 07:09 PM
After watching this pathetic display today I agree, this old **** needs to go

Goldsteel86
09-23-2012, 07:10 PM

No this loss is squarely on Tomlin, if he keeps letting players sit out of practice and "rests" them on gameday this happens. Tomlin needs to realize, the Steelers are playing defense with 2nd and 3rd string people. I am not impressed with the effort, I thought Worilds would be better than he is, it is also time for "Big Snacks" to realize he is done. I know LeBeau's view but it is time for the younger guys, to include rookies, to see the field.

defence
09-23-2012, 07:14 PM
Honestly guys. We need to realize we cant stop anyone and today proved it. This d has regressed so badly; and yes Lebau is the coach of this disaster. I've been saying it for along time; time to move on!! They make every nfl qblook like he is a hall of famer. Who predicted 6 and 10. Looks very realistic right now.

Raw Steel
09-23-2012, 07:16 PM
I love how all of the sudden LeBeau has forgotten how to coach. This is about personnel people. Eventually, you knew the guys who made the defense what it was for a decade were going to leave. Well, we have not replaced them with people as good. Maybe that's impossible. It sure is hard. But don't discount how good Farrior, A.Smith and even the guys who are still there that are a shell of their former selves. Face it. We were spoiled. It's a new era of Steelers football defensively and it doesn't look good.

rgj
09-23-2012, 07:18 PM
Today's game was the most pitiful effort I have seen from the Steelers since the 60s. This defense must go.....it just cannot compete in the NFL. As much as I like Lebeau, it is time for him to go. His time is past. There is no defensive imagination anymore, they can't stop anybody.

I am tired of the Steelers defense giving up play after play, allowing mediocre teams (it could be said that the Steelers themselves are mediocre) to play them toe to toe....how many times are the Steelers coaches going to tolerate the defense giving up the winning score in the last minute?

The running game is a laughing stock. The offensive line is horrible. There is no defensive rush. The defensive backs play 5-9 yards off the receiver (automatically allowing the receiver to be "open"). Wallace and Brown can't seem to hold on to the ball......they cost two scores today due to their fumbles.

This team is bad. It's gonna be a long, long season. Hey, at least they won't lose next week.

pittpete
09-23-2012, 07:20 PM
Throw in the fact that Ziggy Hood is not a very good player.
He creates no push and gets moved laterally way too easy
I thought I read he was one of the strongest players on the team?

AndyWitmyer
09-23-2012, 07:20 PM
I think we honestly made the mistake of playing down to a supposedly "lesser team" to capitalize on a bye week. It was a gambit that a lot of teams take, but as this game proves: that plan isn't full proof. This was a textbook example of your classic "trap game" - and we fell for the trap. And I think people are being a little too hard on LeBaeu.- after so many years of consistently running great defensive teams, I find it a little bit odd to just throw him under the bus 3 games into 2012. In the end, it's the players who need to execute. And they didn't.

tony hipchest
09-23-2012, 07:21 PM
:shout:-FIRE THE STEELERS!!!!

ETL
09-23-2012, 07:22 PM
Go where? To your house to kick your ass?

ETL
09-23-2012, 07:23 PM
We may need some personnel changes on the defense before our next game.

Let's put in James Harrison for Christ Carter and put in Troy P for Mundy. I think that may help us a bit.

tony hipchest
09-23-2012, 07:24 PM
the defense certainly shit the bed andy. this is the first time in a long while that i can say that wholeheartedly.

completely awful. i dont know if i can defend ryan mundy even being on the filed any longer (let alone team).

SteelCurtain5643
09-23-2012, 07:27 PM
Tomlin better chew this team the **** out for the whole 2 weeks leading up to the Philly game, we are getting 3 big pieces back in Harrison, Troy and Mendy but this team needs to be torn a new ass after this performance, completely unacceptable.

casteeler
the defense certainly shit the bed andy. this is the first time in a long while that i can say that wholeheartedly.

completely awful. i dont know if i can defend ryan mundy even being on the filed any longer (let alone team).

Thank you

Fire Arians
Go where? To your house to kick your ass?

I'd like to see that, I bet $100 dick lebeau can't kick anyone's ass lol

PhantomJB93
IDK so much about LeBeau but something needs to be done about this defense. And I don't think Polamalu and Harrison being back will change much. The "old and slow" stuff applies to some of the guys but for the rest of them, they're just sloppy. Ryan Clark and to my surprise Larry Foote have been the only two people playing like they want to win. The secondary can't stop a nosebleed and the front seven gets no pressure.

I know it's way too early to talk about the draft but we could really use a top talent somewhere defensively. Whether that means trading up or just continuing down the path we're already on, IDK.

steelfan23
09-23-2012, 07:29 PM
I love how all of the sudden LeBeau has forgotten how to coach. This is about personnel people. Eventually, you knew the guys who made the defense what it was for a decade were going to leave. Well, we have not replaced them with people as good. Maybe that's impossible. It sure is hard. But don't discount how good Farrior, A.Smith and even the guys who are still there that are a shell of their former selves. Face it. We were spoiled. It's a new era of Steelers football defensively and it doesn't look good.

This is on the whole F.O. from Rooney's on down. First off, to hire Tomlin who is just a figurehead let's be honest. He inherited a HOF D coordinator, franchise QB, and lucked out playing one of the weaker teams in the SB (ARI) and he wins so he is applauded as if he had anything to do with it. His game management, player development, and x and o's are just bad. The fact that this guy is supposed to know DBs and secondary players yet has failed to draft or develop a single good DB is proof enough.

Then there is Colbert who I think is great and has had some bad luck. I am assuming he has a lot of input on the players chosen from Lebeau and Tomlin which is why imho some of those picks haven't been so good especially LB and secondary, but he got very unlucky this year with injuries. He is the least at fault. Lebeau gets as much blame as Tomlin as he plain and simple...fails to change his approach in today's passing game. Yeah I get that he doesn't put the players out there, he just coaches, but he is doing a really awful job of it. I bet anything he is done after this year.

Ben gets some blame (see my other posts that you all seem to hate so much) as he is overrated as they come. Point being, look at today's fourth quarter. He got outplayed by Palmer of all people. Sure he got a lot of yards and TDs and that's great and all but it was against an even worse D than ours. But...when he really needed to step up he failed again. He has made a habit of failing to be effective in 4th quarters ever since SB loss vs. GB. That's why I reiterate, while he has name recognition and value still, you need to trade him and we need to do a system reboot. This team is bad. We won't make the playoffs and that won't change any time soon. I would rather suck for a year or two and make another decade long run than be mediocre for the next 5 years, and THEN be forced to do a reboot. Flame away boys!!

ETL
09-23-2012, 07:30 PM
Guys I missed watching the game after it was 24-21.

Did our defense have any pressure on Palmer? I would guess no and I didn;t see any pressure before that either.

The one cure for our defense is pressure on the qB

steelcity1974
09-23-2012, 07:31 PM
This is on the whole F.O. from Rooney's on down. First off, to hire Tomlin who is just a figurehead let's be honest. He inherited a HOF D coordinator, franchise QB, and lucked out playing one of the weaker teams in the SB (ARI) and he wins so he is applauded as if he had anything to do with it. His game management, player development, and x and o's are just bad. The fact that this guy is supposed to know DBs and secondary players yet has failed to draft or develop a single good DB is proof enough.

Then there is Colbert who I think is great and has had some bad luck. I am assuming he has a lot of input on the players chosen from Lebeau and Tomlin which is why imho some of those picks haven't been so good especially LB and secondary, but he got very unlucky this year with injuries. He is the least at fault. Lebeau gets as much blame as Tomlin as he plain and simple...fails to change his approach in today's passing game. Yeah I get that he doesn't put the players out there, he just coaches, but he is doing a really awful job of it. I bet anything he is done after this year.

Ben gets some blame (see my other posts that you all seem to hate so much) as he is overrated as they come. Point being, look at today's fourth quarter. He got outplayed by Palmer of all people. Sure he got a lot of yards and TDs and that's great and all but it was against an even worse D than ours. But...when he really needed to step up he failed again. He has made a habit of failing to be effective in 4th quarters ever since SB loss vs. GB. That's why I reiterate, while he has name recognition and value still, you need to trade him and we need to do a system reboot. This team is bad. We won't make the playoffs and that won't change any time soon. I would rather suck for a year or two and make another decade long run than be mediocre for the next 5 years, and THEN be forced to do a reboot. Flame away boys!!

You're a complete idiot.

ETL
09-23-2012, 07:32 PM
I'd like to see that, I bet $100 dick lebeau can't kick anyone's ass lol

maybe that's my plan - he goes over to kick his ass and gets a hernia and slipped disc and that allows us to usher in a new coordinator

PhantomJB93
09-23-2012, 07:33 PM

Changes really need to be made, for sure, but this might have been one of the stupidest things I've ever read here.

casteeler
09-23-2012, 07:35 PM
I can't blame Lebeau. The secondary is so horrible, when the Steelers CHOSE to ignore the DB issues and go "in house" to fill the Gay spot they messed up bad and it's apparent. Not even Taylor played decent today. If the Steelers want to compete with anyone in the AFC north they are going to have to find a way to acquire a couple of competent CBs and keep Troy healthy. After this game how can anyone argue in favor of this pass defense?

Darkstorm05
09-23-2012, 07:35 PM
Really, I think people need to get used to the D not being beastly for awhile. We simply don't have the money to fill up the defense with pro bowlers right now. The offense is stacked, and we have our top 10 contracts literally accounting for half the cap. A handful of guys making 10 mil a year, and that's not even counting Wallace wanting a hundred billion dollars next year.

Look at the cap numbers. What would you propose we do to fix our team issues based on those numbers? Also keep in mind we keep restructuring, and that could lead to guys we CAN'T cut next year.

But seriously, turnovers killed us. Mundy was their accomplice. Take those two factors out, and we win.

steelfan23
09-23-2012, 07:37 PM

harrison'samonster
09-23-2012, 07:43 PM
in defense of our pass defense, Palmer had too long to throw, and he made some really good throws, and the Raiders recievers were making some good catches. just sayin'.

the defense was still pretty lousy today.

sharkweek
09-23-2012, 07:57 PM
in defense of our pass defense, Palmer had too long to throw, and he made some really good throws, and the Raiders recievers were making some good catches. just sayin'.

the defense was still pretty lousy today.

pass rush is a huge part of defending against the pass, the few times I saw any sort of pressure, Palmer was able to release quick enough which falls back on the secondary needing to cover long enough for the pass rush to get to the QB

no matter how we spin it, our defense was terrible

the only thing going in support of our D was how they were asked to bail out our offense from turning the ball over twice and our special teams from giving up a huge kick return.

A game that might have been a ~14-21 point victory can quickly turn into a 3 point loss that way, especially on the road.

That being said, we can't expect the offense to play absolutely perfect every game either, something that needed to happen today but didn't. Of which other than Ben and our OL doing better than average in pass protection, our O didn't do all that well either. The ball hit the ground 4 times, and was lost twice. And for the 3rd straight game we had a pretty dismal running attack.

The other huge x-factor was penalties, penalties and/or turnovers: eliminate one of those areas we lost big in and we win, eliminate both and we would have dominated, even with our terrible defensive performance.

tony hipchest
09-23-2012, 08:11 PM

Ben gets some blame (see my other posts that you all seem to hate so much) as he is overrated as they come. Point being, look at today's fourth quarter. He got outplayed by Palmer of all people. Sure he got a lot of yards and TDs and that's great and all but it was against an even worse D than ours. But...when he really needed to step up he failed again. He has made a habit of failing to be effective in 4th quarters ever since SB loss vs. GB. That's why I reiterate, while he has name recognition and value still, you need to trade him and we need to do a system reboot. This team is bad. We won't make the playoffs and that won't change any time soon. I would rather suck for a year or two and make another decade long run than be mediocre for the next 5 years, and THEN be forced to do a reboot. Flame away boys!!STFU with your double post.

You're a complete idiot.:applaudit:

Changes really need to be made, for sure, but this might have been one of the stupidest things I've ever read here.:applaudit:

AndyWitmyer
09-23-2012, 08:15 PM

I wouldn't argue with that assessment - but I do think it's a little early to be calling for LaBeau's head. I'd like to see where we are in a few weeks - if the D continues to shit the bed, then we're definitely going to have larger problems on this team than I assumed. And it may come down to the coaching. We'll have to see.

It was an ugly loss, but I'm not throwing in the towel yet - a lot of supposedly elite teams are sucking pretty badly this year.

Bayz101
09-23-2012, 08:20 PM
Great. Another thread.

steelfan23
09-23-2012, 08:35 PM
STFU with your double post.

:applaudit:

:applaudit:

stfu? from a moderator? ha ha G F&#k yourself internet tough guy lmao:applaudit:

EbonySteel86
09-23-2012, 09:12 PM
Lebeau defence is built from the ground up to stop the run, problem is teams aren't really running that much anymore. It was ok to have mediocrity CB's in the pass, but the games change. We need a CB on this team that'll give offensive coordinators fits. That can not only lock down a receiver, but get some ints. Tired of the secondary making bad qb's look great and ok Qb's look like HOF'ers. We keep this up and we won't have a chance against elite teams in the AFC.

jiminpa
09-23-2012, 09:17 PM
Throw in the fact that Ziggy Hood is not a very good player.
He creates no push and gets moved laterally way too easy
I thought I read he was one of the strongest players on the team?He may be. There's more football than muscle.

jiminpa
09-23-2012, 09:23 PM
pass rush is a huge part of defending against the pass, the few times I saw any sort of pressure, Palmer was able to release quick enough which falls back on the secondary needing to cover long enough for the pass rush to get to the QB

no matter how we spin it, our defense was terrible

the only thing going in support of our D was how they were asked to bail out our offense from turning the ball over twice and our special teams from giving up a huge kick return.

A game that might have been a ~14-21 point victory can quickly turn into a 3 point loss that way, especially on the road.

That being said, we can't expect the offense to play absolutely perfect every game either, something that needed to happen today but didn't. Of which other than Ben and our OL doing better than average in pass protection, our O didn't do all that well either. The ball hit the ground 4 times, and was lost twice. And for the 3rd straight game we had a pretty dismal running attack.

The other huge x-factor was penalties, penalties and/or turnovers: eliminate one of those areas we lost big in and we win, eliminate both and we would have dominated, even with our terrible defensive performance.We expected the defense to bail out the offense for five straight years, and now that we have bet the cap farm on the offense, it's time for them to pay up.

The penalties wouldn't have been nearly so one-sided had the game been called straight.

TRH
09-23-2012, 09:30 PM
LeBeau is suffering from a number of issues right now that lead to "fail".

1. the personnel on the field remain un-motivated and are playing with zero passion (maybe less)
2. a terrible defensive backfield
3. the injuries to Harrison and Polamalu in which we have no one to replace their once greatness
4. a terrible defensive line. Hood's starting to seem like a waste of a pick. At one point i thought he would live up to the potential. Not now.
5. his schemes work better against the run...and there's more passing than ever before and it will continue to increase
6. He only makes small adjustments...never big ones
7. We don't throw confusing looks anymore
8. and the personnel that IS on the field clearly not executing (and look like the could care less if they do...)

These are a few of LeBeau's issues right now and i'm sure there's more. My main issue with all of this is that the players, aside from Clark, Woodley, and on occasion Timmons, look like they don't even want to be on the field. It wouldn't surprise me to see them "yawning" out there in between plays. THAT needs fixed and fixed now.

Fire Arians
09-23-2012, 09:32 PM
something's up when you make tim tebow look like joe montana, then make the worst offense in the NFL look like the 1980's 49er squad

our defense just isn't very good without polamalu and harrison. still, they should have prevented 34 points by a bottom tier offense.

this is becoming a trend. you can say the playoff loss in denver was a 'bad' game from our defense. what happens when these 'bad' performances become more frequent?

TRH
09-23-2012, 09:36 PM
something's up when you make tim tebow look like joe montana, then make the worst offense in the NFL look like the 1980's 49er squad

our defense just isn't very good without polamalu and harrison. still, they should have prevented 34 points by a bottom tier offense.

this is becoming a trend. you can say the playoff loss in denver was a 'bad' game from our defense. what happens when these 'bad' performances become more frequent?

i hear ya. Its already become frequent.
Look no further than the last half of last year. I was (and never backed down) one of the ones who called it a "phantom defense". I thought, despite their "ranking", that they were clearly playing at an awful level.

tony hipchest
09-23-2012, 09:42 PM
We expected the defense to bail out the offense for five straight years, and now that we have bet the cap farm on the offense, it's time for them to pay up.

.how do you figure we bet the cap farm on offense?

the only players making more than 7 mil/year is ben, heath, and brown (pretty sure colon isnt).

have you seen the contracts of harrison, polamalu, woodley, timmons, and taylor lately?

drizze99
09-23-2012, 09:46 PM

This has to rank up there as one of the most idiotic posts I have ever read on this site. Hell, while you are at it, maybe we should have the Rooney's retire from football and sell the team.

I am not going to site here and point fingers at players or coaches because most of us watched the game in utter disbelief. Something has to change with this defense. Right now, these guys can't even fight themselves out of wet paper bag. The common theme going back to last season is a lack of pressure on the opposing QB. I remember a time when he had the nick name "Blitzburgh" but that is long gone now. I am tired of watching 2nd rate QB's look like HOF candidates.

I feel like we should be 3-0 going into the bye week but here we are in reality and we are limping in at 1-2. I hope the coaching staff utilizes this off week to "fix" this team because right now it's broken. The offense is averaging 26pts/game which in my book is more than enough to be a 3-0 team. 75pts given up by our defense in 3 games is horrendous.

jiminpa
09-23-2012, 09:47 PM
how do you figure we bet the cap farm on offense?

the only players making more than 7 mil/year is ben, heath, and brown (pretty sure colon isnt).

have you seen the contracts of harrison, polamalu, woodley, timmons, and taylor lately?Okay, so maybe I'm wrong, but it is the direction we're heading.

pitt0wns
09-23-2012, 09:49 PM
If we had a D that was worth a sh1t we would be 3-0.

I've been saying it for years LeBeau must go! Our offense looks awesome under Haley, that is the only good thing I can say about PIT. Ben has been pretty much picture perfect this year.

We have to rank at the bottom in the NFL.

Our D is not good at anything.

No pass rush
No run D
No pass coverage

jiminpa
09-23-2012, 09:50 PM
This has to rank up there as one of the most idiotic posts I have ever read on this site. Hell, while you are at it, maybe we should have the Rooney's retire from football and sell the team.

I am not going to site here and point fingers at players or coaches because most of us watched the game in utter disbelief. Something has to change with this defense. Right now, these guys can't even fight themselves out of wet paper bag. The common theme going back to last season is a lack of pressure on the opposing QB. I remember a time when he had the nick name "Blitzburgh" but that is long gone now. I am tired of watching 2nd rate QB's look like HOF candidates.

I feel like we should be 3-0 going into the bye week but here we are in reality and we are limping in at 1-2. I hope the coaching utilizes this off week to "fix" this team because right now it's broken. The offense is averaging 26pts/game which in my book is more than enough to be a 3-0 team. 75pts given up by our defense in 3 games is horrendous.Let's be fair, not all of that is completely on the defense. When they start a stand in the other team's field goal range it's not their fault if the other team scores. Yeah, the defense has lost more than just a step. I'm still hopeful that they can pull it together.

Edman
09-23-2012, 09:51 PM
Lebeau is a legend, but his time is up. It happens to the best ones.

The Arians Abortion was shipped out and we're seeing remarkable results for our Offense. Looks like we need to do the same thing for our Young Players. They're wasting their time trying to play this dinosaur Defense.

Out with the old in with the new. Too bad we have to wait until next year to make a change, but seriously. DL's time is up. The most we can ask for is this Defense doesn't suck too much this year.

tony hipchest
09-23-2012, 09:52 PM
I've been saying it for years LeBeau must go! how many years? 5? or going all the way back to 2005?

pitt0wns
09-23-2012, 10:01 PM
how many years? 5? or going all the way back to 2005?

Does it matter?

Welcome to the Paper Curtain!

lipps83
09-23-2012, 10:02 PM
I know that Butler is supposedly waiting in the wings to take over, but I fear that he might implement the same ineffective, no blitz and corners 10 yards off the line that we are currently dealing with.

I would like for the team to look outside unless Butler has his own idea of how this defense should be run.

MillerMania83
09-23-2012, 10:04 PM
JMO but it's becoming more and more obvious, going back to last year also (even with our D ranked #1), that ALL parts of our defense is just struggling anymore....From the coaching to the talent, IT'S ALL OF IT....Maybe it is time for Lebeau to go, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see out talent on the defense is no where close to being what it used to be....We get absolutely no pressure on the QB at all, our secondary has been TERRIBLE for the past couple of years (and the front office refuses to SERIOUSLY address it), the front 7 makes NO BIG PLAYS AT ALL (painfully obvious how Woodley is just another LB out there when #92 isn't on the other side), and the younger guys who are getting a chance to prove thenselves just aren't (Ziggy, Carter, Lewis, Mundy is HORRIBLE, etc...) maybe these young guys talent was mis-judged when they were drafted, cuz IMO NONE of them show any sign of being a 'stud' player of the future....As a diehard black and gold fan it truly pains me to say a Steelers defense is lousy, but the fact of the matter is, especially after today, it truly is LOUSY....After today, I've resided myself to believing it's jusy gonna be a long, pissed off, painful year, it's just gonna be...I know it's not the Steelers way to go free agency route, but maybe it's time to go that way a bit, cuz the young talent they have on this team on the defense side of the ball, just doesn't give me an optimistic picture of the future....I pray I'm wrong though.

MillerMania83
09-23-2012, 10:12 PM
Another so disappointing tid bit that was mentioned in many of these posts that is so SO SO frustrating and just drives Steeler fans crazy, there seems to be, for the most, not all, NO PASSION, LEADERSHIP, or Steeler PRIDE on the defense side of the ball, and whether the talent is good or not, there is NO EXCUSE for not playing wit passion....Note to Ike Taylor, runnin your mouth after ya make 1 play after blowing the 3 or 4 that previously came your way, IS NOT PASSION, it's called STUPIDITY....As a veteran who by age wise should still have lots left in the tank, his play has disappointed and bothered me the most so far this year.

tanda10506
09-24-2012, 03:19 AM
F***** depressing that we finally get a top notch offense and our defense dies. They didn't take a step back, they dissapeared. I expected a minor regression from the defense but IMO they are one of the worst in football when they play that big cushion BS. The talent is not what it was in 2008-2010, but they still look good when the right scheme is put in place (last week when they played man vs the Jets). When we play the big cushion the defense isn't bad, it's completely embarassing.

pete74
09-24-2012, 04:01 AM
i knew our defense wouldnt be as good as previous years. Harrison is getting old and so is Troy. Hood isnt even half the man Smith was and Hampton is past his prime. i said before the season that i can see us winning 8 games this year.
with that said i can also see us playing better as the year goes on and winning it all as a wild card. we have the offense to do it and if our defense clicks at the right time there is a chance we could surprise everyone. we just need to bench Hood for that to happen

ImUrMomsFavrit
09-24-2012, 09:50 AM
Really? You sound like a bunch of Cleveland fans, for crying out loud! To insult a grid iron genius because of a TEAM fail, is ridiculous.

SteeleReign
09-24-2012, 10:07 AM
i knew our defense wouldnt be as good as previous years. Harrison is getting old and so is Troy. Hood isnt even half the man Smith was and Hampton is past his prime. i said before the season that i can see us winning 8 games this year.
with that said i can also see us playing better as the year goes on and winning it all as a wild card. we have the offense to do it and if our defense clicks at the right time there is a chance we could surprise everyone. we just need to bench Hood for that to happen

Benching Hood is a start, but I'd throw Big Snack on that pile too.

What the heck - why not replace Kiesel with Heyward, Hampton with McLendon, and try Woodley at LDE? Woodley is a straight up bull-rusher anyway & doesn't provide much in coverage.

Go with Harrison, Foote, Timmons, and Brandon Johnson at LB or Worilds if he can start showing something....anything...

Maybe it's crazy, but what we're doing isn't working either. Shake it up. Try something crazy. As much as I dislike Belicheat, he's a master of thinking out of the box and finding ways to use players in unconventional ways...and win while doing so.

SteeleReign
09-24-2012, 10:09 AM
Really? You sound like a bunch of Cleveland fans, for crying out loud! To insult a grid iron genius because of a TEAM fail, is ridiculous.

No one is insulting LeBeau. He's beloved on this board. However, there is a point where every coach reaches the end. I'm not convinced it's that time for Dick, but it might be.

steelfury02
09-24-2012, 10:11 AM
that's what I'm starting to think of - why not start taking some chances with a lead -show something you haven't shown before, or - try someone else at it. I want this defense to start playing pissed off as in here comes the hounds of hell, and the only way you are going to beat us is to earn every centimeter of it - even if we get burned doing it, even if we lose I'd like to see some spirit out there. I know these guys are "professionals" and "there are different types of leaders" but I ask

WHERE IS THE GUTS!?!? GO FOR IT already before it is too late.

SteeleReign
09-24-2012, 10:15 AM
that's what I'm starting to think of - why not start taking some chances with a lead -show something you haven't shown before, or - try someone else at it. I want this defense to start playing pissed off as in here comes the hounds of hell, and the only way you are going to beat us is to earn every centimeter of it - even if we get burned doing it, even if we lose I'd like to see some spirit out there. I know these guys are "professionals" and "there are different types of leaders" but I ask

WHERE IS THE GUTS!?!? GO FOR IT already before it is too late.

I'm game for this, just as long as Tomlin doesn't deliver the speech. We tried this tactic in 2009...didn't quite work as planned. :chuckle:

steelfury02
09-24-2012, 10:28 AM
he certainly doesn't need to give a speech at a presser

the us against the world mentality is played out, but going 1-3 you'd have to think they would start feeling a little desperate

TRH
09-24-2012, 10:30 AM

well..in defense of everyone speaking out...it isn't a "team" fail. Its a Defense fail.
No question.

SteeleReign
09-24-2012, 10:33 AM
he certainly doesn't need to give a speech at a presser

the us against the world mentality is played out, but going 1-3 you'd have to think they would start feeling a little desperate

Yep. If we don't make a run in our next four games, our season is toast. We have games against Vick (not a dangerous passer), Jake Locker, Andy Dalton, and RG3. We have to beat these young/average QBs because 5 of our next 7 are against very good QBs.

Atlanta Dan
09-24-2012, 10:41 AM
Yep. If we don't make a run in our next four games, our season is toast. We have games against Vick (not a dangerous passer), Jake Locker, Andy Dalton, and RG3. We have to beat these young/average QBs because 5 of our next 7 are against very good QBs.

I would not call Andy Dalton an average QB based on his performance against the Redskins yesterday

TRH
09-24-2012, 10:42 AM
I would not call Andy Dalton an average QB based on his performance against the Redskins yesterday

exactly. Dalton is looking like a stud.

Fire Haley
09-24-2012, 11:03 AM
i knew our defense wouldnt be as good as previous years. Harrison is getting old and so is Troy. Hood isnt even half the man Smith was and Hampton is past his prime.

It´s no coincidence that Arizona and Houston are becoming the best defenses in the league. They stuck to the scheme and got the players to fit that scheme. It works very well over time when you find the players to replace the old ones. But you NEED PLAYMAKERS.

Ray Horton's defense (who uses LeBeaus same scheme) is hot because the Cards have Patrick Peterson, Daryl Washington, Adrian Wilson and a load of defensive playmakers.

SteeleReign
09-24-2012, 12:19 PM

I'd say the jury is still out on Dalton. He's looking good, but he's young and for the most part, unproven. He's not Eli, Flacco, Rivers, or Romo...yet.

truesteelerfan
09-24-2012, 01:15 PM
I can't blame LeBeau for this - I blame the players - LeBeau made calls that should have worked - IF they players were able to execute - Its not like LeBeau didn't tell the players to rush the QB, they just weren't good enough to get there. One thing I can confirm - I wish he had called more blitzes - not nearly enough IMO yesterday.

Bayz101
09-24-2012, 01:19 PM
I can't blame LeBeau for this - I blame the players - LeBeau made calls that should have worked - IF they players were able to execute - Its not like LeBeau didn't tell the players to rush the QB, they just weren't good enough to get there. One thing I can confirm - I wish he had called more blitzes - not nearly enough IMO yesterday.

Every time we blitzed, Palmer was hurried or sacked, but unfortunately, we rarely blitzed. Not to mention our coverage left guys open, and Lebeau didn't make any adjustments at halftime to put corners in man coverage.

Simply put: The defensive gameplan didn't account for the possibilities of Palmer actually throwing worth a shit, and it burned us. No adjustments we're made, and the offense was forced to score 31 points, only to lose.

Bayz101
09-24-2012, 01:24 PM
I'm not going to get on the "sky is falling" bandwagon like a lot of you are, and i'm CERTAINLY not going to suggest firing ANYONE is the answer, but it's clear to me that the defense IS at fault for this loss. Anytime our offense puts up 31 points it should be enough.

tony hipchest
09-24-2012, 01:26 PM
Every time we blitzed, Palmer was hurried or sacked, but unfortunately, we rarely blitzed. Not to mention our coverage left guys open, and Lebeau didn't make any adjustments at halftime to put corners in man coverage.

Simply put: The defensive gameplan didn't account for the possibilities of Palmer actually throwing worth a shit, and it burned us. No adjustments we're made, and the offense was forced to score 31 points, only to lose.the raiders position players average 4.33 speed, meaning that if they started a 4X100 relay team they would be olympic quality.

NO WAY is lebeau gonna man up on that with ryan mundy playing center field. he will take his chances forcing palmer to sustain drives as opposed to watching palmer take the top off our defense 5-6 times and 350+ yards.

Bayz101
09-24-2012, 01:34 PM
the raiders position players average 4.33 speed, meaning that if they started a 4X100 relay team they would be olympic quality.

NO WAY is lebeau gonna man up on that with ryan mundy playing center field. he will take his chances forcing palmer to sustain drives as opposed to watching palmer take the top off our defense 5-6 times and 350+ yards.

Well, he took his chances, and the Raiders scored 34 points. I guess we needed to put Mike Wallace and Chris Rainey in coverage and hope for the best.

Like I said, i'm not on the "Fire Lebeau" bandwagon, but it's clearly HIS unit that lost this game, and in the end, he's the leader of that group of guys. Something needs to happen, and i'm hoping an praying that Polamalu and Harrison are the answer.

tony hipchest
09-24-2012, 02:27 PM
Well, he took his chances, and the Raiders scored 34 points. I guess we needed to put Mike Wallace and Chris Rainey in coverage and hope for the best.

Like I said, i'm not on the "Fire Lebeau" bandwagon, but it's clearly HIS unit that lost this game, and in the end, he's the leader of that group of guys. Something needs to happen, and i'm hoping an praying that Polamalu and Harrison are the answer.this loss definitely has lebeaus fingerprints all over it.

ultimately coaching defense is a 50-50 guessing game (with educated guesses coming from tons of film study and game planning)

you either defend a pass or you defend the run on any given play. the steelers seemed to guess wrong all day and looked like they were clueless whether the raiders were going to run or throw.

they looked flat footed.

i wonder if the loss of farrior directing traffic is having a bigger impact than anyone realizes?

Bayz101
09-24-2012, 02:38 PM
this loss definitely has lebeaus fingerprints all over it.

ultimately coaching defense is a 50-50 guessing game (with educated guesses coming from tons of film study and game planning)

you either defend a pass or you defend the run on any given play. the steelers seemed to guess wrong all day and looked like they were clueless whether the raiders were going to run or throw.

they looked flat footed.

i wonder if the loss of farrior directing traffic is having a bigger impact than anyone realizes?

As I said just a few minutes ago over at Steelers Xtreme: I think the only thing the defense is missing out of Farrior and Smith is the leadership. Out side of that, both guys we're slipping.

Farrior led the team in tackles, most of them the result of him getting burned for twenty yards and catching up to his man as he's slowing down for the pass. It's sad, but true none the less.

The biggest problem is the fact we we're playing without Polamalu, and the biggest reason of all is that we haven't had the starting defense on field in four games dating back to January.

When Harrison is hot, he gets to the QB. He did it last year before his injury, and Woodley is the same. When those two are on fire, the opposing QB is under pressure. I think the defense will improve as the year goes on barring any major injuries, and the same goes for the offense.

Kanata-Steeler
09-24-2012, 02:50 PM
so much for a "locked" thread ? these moddy's
plz gimme shit now.

Bayz101
09-24-2012, 03:00 PM
plz gimme shit now.

Actually, this was one of the first "bitching" threads made. We locked three other one's made shortly after.

Don't worry about our jobs. Discuss football. We can handle things.

Edit: Oh, and i'm not saying in any way that I agree with the opinion of the threads original post, but I don't see any reason why we can't "entertain" the idea a little. It IS two weeks until the next game, after all.

Fire Arians
09-24-2012, 03:12 PM
plz gimme shit now.

:poop:

Blitzberg06
09-24-2012, 03:36 PM
LeBeau is on a year to year contract basis.

People need to chill out. Does this defense look good? No is 1-2 the end of the world? No. Wait until we are eliminated from playoff contention or they have been consistently bad this season.

Bayz101
09-24-2012, 03:40 PM
LeBeau is on a year to year contract basis.

People need to chill out. Does this defense look good? No is 1-2 the end of the world? No. Wait until we are eliminated from playoff contention or they have been consistently bad this season.

Hey! What the hell are you doing? Can't you see that the sky is falling!? :sofunny:

Blitzberg06
09-24-2012, 03:54 PM
Hey! What the hell are you doing? Can't you see that the sky is falling!? :sofunny:

:chuckle:

Oh yes Nobody that has started the season bad has ever won the superbowl (Giants)

People seem to forget the season is 16 games long and not 3 weeks. The Patriots are 1-2 just like us. Do you honestly believe they are on panic mode? No. Because great organizations do, they bounce back.

I was upset about the bye week when the schedule was released but the bye week couldn't have came at a better time. HOPEFULLY the team is taking 2-3 days off this week then praciticing, watching film and trying to be great.

FrancoLambert
09-24-2012, 04:37 PM
It's not just the record....."how are they playing?"
The offense seems to be improving game to game.
Can't say that about the D. In fact, I can't remember them looking so weak against the run as yesterday.
Questionable 1st rounders on the line and personnel that can't excel at the 3-4.....
it's not Dick's fault but everything comes to and end.
Just suggesting that "he may be done" or "they've figured him out" should not be considered heresy in Steeler Nation.

lipps83
09-24-2012, 06:48 PM
:chuckle:

Oh yes Nobody that has started the season bad has ever won the superbowl (Giants)

People seem to forget the season is 16 games long and not 3 weeks. The Patriots are 1-2 just like us. Do you honestly believe they are on panic mode? No. Because great organizations do, they bounce back.

I was upset about the bye week when the schedule was released but the bye week couldn't have came at a better time. HOPEFULLY the team is taking 2-3 days off this week then praciticing, watching film and trying to be great.

The Patriots just barely lost to a Super Bowl contender. We lost to what is pretty much the universally agreed upon 'worst team in the league'. We didn't even play in the last quarter of the game.

That's not quite the same 1-2 record.

Is there hope for this Steelers team? Sure.

Am I optimistic?

Not quite there yet.

Lord of Lombardi
09-24-2012, 08:27 PM

Hey Dip She-at. Nobody is stating that Lebeau forgot how to coach. He is old school, old tactics, the game has changed, rules have changed, today's game is so slanted towards passing and half the plays that would run into the teeth of the Steeler's Defense are no longer doing just that. Teams that always passed NE, Colts always did us in. It is time to get a young fired up D coach. The fossil owes us nothing but the game even passed the great Noll. It;s time to put Dick in the barn

Blitzberg06
09-24-2012, 11:14 PM
The Patriots just barely lost to a Super Bowl contender. We lost to what is pretty much the universally agreed upon 'worst team in the league'. We didn't even play in the last quarter of the game.

That's not quite the same 1-2 record.

Is there hope for this Steelers team? Sure.

Am I optimistic?

Not quite there yet.

If you really wanna go by records the Saints are one of the worst in the league. We lost to a bad team yes but It happens.

Hawaii 5-0
09-26-2012, 02:16 AM
On the Steelers: Clark: 'We're too predictable'

September 26, 2012
By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

It's not so much that the Steelers defense is old and slow, now they are predictable?

Some Oakland Raiders made that claim Sunday, including wide receiver Derek Hagan, who credited quarterback Carson Palmer for diagramming Dick LeBeau's defense for his teammates and then picking it apart.

"They pretty much did the same thing that they did six, seven years ago when he was playing with Cincinnati," Hagan said of the former Bengals quarterback. "Obviously, they've got a legendary D-coordinator over there. He's been running certain things that other teams have seen, that we've seen. We knew their tendencies and we were able to hit them with some big plays when it really counted."

Predictable? Guilty as charged said Steelers safety Ryan Clark.

"Sometimes, when you speed up the offense, you can call the same plays and kind of get stuck in the same plays," Clark said of defending Oakland's no-huddle offense Sunday.

"We really haven't been that hard to figure out the last seven years I've been here. We've been running the same things, we call the same things. It's not about being predictable, it's about executing.

"Coach LeBeau puts us in a call, we have to execute the right way. It doesn't matter if you know what we're doing if you can stop it."

Here are the adjustments Clark suggests:

"That's what we have to get back to doing, no matter what the call is, the guys across from us, kicking his butt and getting to the ball."

That defense usually becomes a little less predictable when a healthy Troy Polamalu and James Harrison join it, which is what both did Tuesday in practice. Harrison missed the first three regular-season games with his bothersome knee, and Polamalu missed the past two with a calf injury. Polamalu intends to play when the Steelers face Philadelphia at home Oct. 7 after their off week. Harrison's participation will depend, again, on how his knee responds between now and then.

"It'll help," linebacker LaMarr Woodley said. "Those are key guys back, that definitely makes a big difference on this defense. So having them back would definitely be great for this defense."

Perhaps surprisingly, that defense ranks among the best in the NFL in yards allowed. It ranks fifth against the pass (190.3 yards permitted per game) and seventh overall (291.3) in a league that leans more and more to offense.

Still, it's not what the Steelers are accustomed to doing. They finished first in the NFL last season in fewest yards allowed, passing yards allowed and points allowed. Yet they have continued another trend from 2011 in that they are also producing fewer turnovers and sacks.

Woodley has two of his team's five sacks, which are tied for 22nd in the NFL. They have produced only two turnovers, and their three as a team (one fumble recovery on a muffed punt return) is tied for 24th.

Last season, they managed a 21-year low of 35 sacks and 16 turnovers.

Forget their rankings, the Steelers realize they are not playing good defense.

"It stinks," Clark said of the way they've played. "It's not the way we play defense. It's not the way we train and work all week to come out and play. But coach LeBeau says sometimes you get the bear, sometimes the bear gets you.

"They scored a lot of points, and we didn't stop them. We can't point fingers at anybody, we have to use our thumbs and point them at ourselves and be better."

Said Woodley, "Even if we won the game on Sunday, we still played bad on defense."
Clark suggested it's not necessarily the "old" guys.

"I think what you lose, you lose chemistry sometimes when guys go out. We have to work together and fit together properly, that more than anything. It's not that guys aren't talented enough, we're not fitting the defense like coach LeBeau wants us to do."

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/on-the-steelers-clark-were-too-predictable-654864/#ixzz27Y9w1vCq

steeltheone
09-26-2012, 07:34 AM
The Raiders are not the worst team in the league!!

EbonySteel86
09-26-2012, 08:20 AM
On the Steelers: Clark: 'We're too predictable'

September 26, 2012
By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

It's not so much that the Steelers defense is old and slow, now they are predictable?

Some Oakland Raiders made that claim Sunday, including wide receiver Derek Hagan, who credited quarterback Carson Palmer for diagramming Dick LeBeau's defense for his teammates and then picking it apart.

"They pretty much did the same thing that they did six, seven years ago when he was playing with Cincinnati," Hagan said of the former Bengals quarterback. "Obviously, they've got a legendary D-coordinator over there. He's been running certain things that other teams have seen, that we've seen. We knew their tendencies and we were able to hit them with some big plays when it really counted."

Predictable? Guilty as charged said Steelers safety Ryan Clark.

"Sometimes, when you speed up the offense, you can call the same plays and kind of get stuck in the same plays," Clark said of defending Oakland's no-huddle offense Sunday.

"We really haven't been that hard to figure out the last seven years I've been here. We've been running the same things, we call the same things. It's not about being predictable, it's about executing.

"Coach LeBeau puts us in a call, we have to execute the right way. It doesn't matter if you know what we're doing if you can stop it."

Here are the adjustments Clark suggests:

"That's what we have to get back to doing, no matter what the call is, the guys across from us, kicking his butt and getting to the ball."

That defense usually becomes a little less predictable when a healthy Troy Polamalu and James Harrison join it, which is what both did Tuesday in practice. Harrison missed the first three regular-season games with his bothersome knee, and Polamalu missed the past two with a calf injury. Polamalu intends to play when the Steelers face Philadelphia at home Oct. 7 after their off week. Harrison's participation will depend, again, on how his knee responds between now and then.

"It'll help," linebacker LaMarr Woodley said. "Those are key guys back, that definitely makes a big difference on this defense. So having them back would definitely be great for this defense."

Perhaps surprisingly, that defense ranks among the best in the NFL in yards allowed. It ranks fifth against the pass (190.3 yards permitted per game) and seventh overall (291.3) in a league that leans more and more to offense.

Still, it's not what the Steelers are accustomed to doing. They finished first in the NFL last season in fewest yards allowed, passing yards allowed and points allowed. Yet they have continued another trend from 2011 in that they are also producing fewer turnovers and sacks.

Woodley has two of his team's five sacks, which are tied for 22nd in the NFL. They have produced only two turnovers, and their three as a team (one fumble recovery on a muffed punt return) is tied for 24th.

Last season, they managed a 21-year low of 35 sacks and 16 turnovers.

Forget their rankings, the Steelers realize they are not playing good defense.

"It stinks," Clark said of the way they've played. "It's not the way we play defense. It's not the way we train and work all week to come out and play. But coach LeBeau says sometimes you get the bear, sometimes the bear gets you.

"They scored a lot of points, and we didn't stop them. We can't point fingers at anybody, we have to use our thumbs and point them at ourselves and be better."

Said Woodley, "Even if we won the game on Sunday, we still played bad on defense."
Clark suggested it's not necessarily the "old" guys.

"I think what you lose, you lose chemistry sometimes when guys go out. We have to work together and fit together properly, that more than anything. It's not that guys aren't talented enough, we're not fitting the defense like coach LeBeau wants us to do."

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/on-the-steelers-clark-were-too-predictable-654864/#ixzz27Y9w1vCq
Wow!!! I'm not totally against D. lebeau but I've seen some mediocre, and sub par Qb's (Tebow, Painter) that shouldn't be in the NFL, carve this defence apart! Brady even said he got this defence. Somethings gotta change and change quick. I know Troy and James plays a big part in this defence but damn are there no other playmakers on this defence? I was yelling at the tv Sunday SOMEBODY, ANYBODY, MAKE A DAMN PLAY!!!! or maybe they just wasn't put in position to make a play.

Goldsteel86
09-26-2012, 02:40 PM
I think it may be time to face the music, the Steelers may have to rely on the Offense to put up large numbers through the game in order to win. Now that might work against a Raiders defense, but when it comes time to play Baltimore that game plan will not fit. Bottomline, the defense needs to get on the same sheet and execute as a team, they can't rely on one player making the plays, also I believe LeBeau and Tomlin need to start using their defensive players for what they are paid for, i.e. pass rushing instead of dropping back in coverage. Worilds looked like the" fat kid in dodge ball" last week trying to cover the TE.

steelfan23
10-01-2012, 11:11 PM

I feel like we should be 3-0 going into the bye week but here we are in reality and we are limping in at 1-2. I hope the coaching staff utilizes this off week to "fix" this team because right now it's broken. The offense is averaging 26pts/game which in my book is more than enough to be a 3-0 team. 75pts given up by our defense in 3 games is horrendous.

thanks for taking the time to address any of my points or refute them if you disagree. Crappy response from yet another lazy mindless drone award goes to...

Bayz101
10-02-2012, 12:39 AM
thanks for taking the time to address any of my points or refute them if you disagree. Crappy response from yet another lazy mindless drone award goes to...

Thanks for replying to a post made 9 days ago and bumping a thread nearly a week old. :wink02:

Hawaii 5-0
10-04-2012, 04:24 AM
Late letdowns on defense hurting Steelers

By Alan Robinson
Published: Wednesday, October 3, 2012

http://triblive.com/csp/mediapool/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?STREAMOID=v5q4j MpiO7NgPDf7PnmfRM$daE2N3K4ZzOUsqbU5sYvX3LODc3DZlIS ZvF4vSnoBWCsjLu883Ygn4B49Lvm9bPe2QeMKQdVeZmXF$9l$4 uCZ8QDXhaHEp3rvzXRJFdy0KqPHLoMevcTLo3h8xh70Y6N_U_C ryOsw6FTOdKL_jpQ-&CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg

Steelers saftey Ryan Clark returns an interception against the Raiders in a loss earlier this season

A look at how quarterbacks have fared against the Steelers this season in the first and second half:

• First half: 20 of 34, 215 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT

• Second half: 33 of 53, 385 yards, 4 TD, 0 INT

They can blame the absence of all-world safety Troy Polamalu for two games. They can blame not getting the reliable push from their defensive line that would have helped prevent wide receivers from constantly gaining downfield separation.

To safety Ryan Clark, it’s time to stop finding reasons why the Steelers secondary’s statistics look great but their execution can look awful, especially in the second half.

To illustrate how numbers can lie, the Steelers (1-2) are No. 5 in total defense and No. 3 in passing yardage, yet they made an aging Peyton Manning look like an in-his-prime Manning, and Carson Palmer look like the Palmer of 2004. If Mark Sanchez hadn’t looked like Mark Sanchez, the Steelers’ numbers wouldn’t look like they do.

Big plays allowed, drives extended, upsets not prevented, games lost in the second half. No matter what the statistics say, that’s not the Steelers’ way.

“It’s like I said, on the first play (Sunday) there’s no more excuses,” Clark said Wednesday. “We can’t run in here and say, ‘We don’t have Troy, we don’t have James (Harrison).’ We have everybody we’re supposed to have now, so we’ve got to go out and make plays. You get a lift when those guys are out there, running to the ball and doing what they’ve done for years.”

What’s contradictory to their high rankings is that opponents are converting nearly half of their third-down attempts (16 of 33), thus keeping an aging defense on the field too long. That’s showing up in the second half, when the Steelers are giving up nearly twice as many yards passing (385) as they are in the first half (215).

“It hasn’t been terrible; honestly, it hasn’t been,” Clark said of the secondary’s play. “I think the spot we come up on the wrong end of the grade is third down. If you look at anything we need to improve on, it’s getting off the field in those clutch downs and getting the offense the ball back. People haven’t really beaten us over the top.”

Palmer, for example, was 6 of 10 for 37 yards, one touchdown and one interception in the first half; in the second half, he was 18 of 24 for 172 yards and two touchdowns as the Raiders rallied from a 10-point deficit to win, 34-31.

“Any defense, if you’re not going 100 percent on third down, you’re not satisfied,” defensive end Cam Heyward said. “We have to pick it up. I think we’re going to come out with a better effort this week.”

They might need one against ultra-mobile quarterback Michael Vick, whose ability to extend drives with his running and throwing helped the Eagles (3-1) rally in the fourth quarter of all three of their wins. Philadelphia visits Heinz Field on Sunday.

“He’s taken a pounding this year, guys are getting to him, making him fumble and give the ball up,” Clark said, referring to Vick’s five fumbles. “Even though he takes a lot of hits and he’s a tough guy, you can get the ball out from him. You’ve got to continue to pound on him so it adds up as the game goes along.”

Last week, defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau suggested the defense’s problems resulted in part from players abandoning their responsibilities and trying to make a play on their own. Trust each other and do your job.

That message was reinforced as the Steelers returned to practice Wednesday, when the defense was healthy and operating at full strength for the first time since training camp started.

“If we get no push or if we get push, we have to be solid on our coverage,” cornerback Cortez Allen said. “We’ve got to plaster their receivers, and that’s going to be a big thing against Michael Vick, who does a good job as far as extending plays. Regardless of what happens up front, we have to be solid in our coverage.”

And not just on the stats sheet.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2710897-85/half-steelers-defense-clark-getting-yards-ball-defensive-field-third#ixzz28JSej2mP

BKAnthem
10-06-2012, 01:01 PM
I don't think its the Gameplanning..i think it's he lack of talent to execute it...Clark i getting slower, Mundy seems clueless, the LB's are always a day late, and no legit no 2 corner

Fire Arians
10-06-2012, 01:19 PM
our corners have been doing well imo, the front 7 on the other hand needs to step up. basically foote and woodley are the only ones earning their paychecks. the other 5 need to step it up

Edman
10-06-2012, 02:37 PM
Wow!!! I'm not totally against D. lebeau but I've seen some mediocre, and sub par Qb's (Tebow, Painter) that shouldn't be in the NFL, carve this defence apart! Brady even said he got this defence. Somethings gotta change and change quick. I know Troy and James plays a big part in this defence but damn are there no other playmakers on this defence? I was yelling at the tv Sunday SOMEBODY, ANYBODY, MAKE A DAMN PLAY!!!! or maybe they just wasn't put in position to make a play.

Other players don't make plays because that was always Troy's job. Lebeau was so used to hanging onto Troy being a freelancing "Do-Everything" Superman that he doesn't let the rest of the Defense be playmakers. Corners and Safeties are always asked to "Tackle the Catch", D-Linemen aren't allowed to get in the backfield and are told to just stand there and titty twist, Linebackers always dropping into coverage, it's the same sorry crap.

Lebeau's mediocre scheme has been hidden extremely well thanks to players like Troy and Harrison, and without them, his scheme is busted wide open.

GoFor7
10-06-2012, 02:42 PM
Other players don't make plays because that was always Troy's job. Lebeau was so used to hanging onto Troy being a freelancing "Do-Everything" Superman that he doesn't let the rest of the Defense be playmakers. Corners and Safeties are always asked to "Tackle the Catch", D-Linemen aren't allowed to get in the backfield and are told to just stand there and titty twist, Linebackers always dropping into coverage, it's the same sorry crap.

Lebeau's mediocre scheme has been hidden extremely well thanks to players like Troy and Harrison, and without them, his scheme is busted wide open.

What's ironic is the purpose for the defense playing like that is to "not give up the big play," yet all they've been doing this season is giving up the big play.

steelfan23
10-13-2012, 02:33 AM
Thanks for replying to a post made 9 days ago and bumping a thread nearly a week old. :wink02:

your welcome

FanSince72
10-13-2012, 10:32 AM
http://www.sycaonline.org/images/lebeau%20defense.jpg

Hawaii 5-0
10-13-2012, 12:53 PM
http://www.sycaonline.org/images/lebeau%20defense.jpg

that is hilarious, did you photoshop this?