PDA

View Full Version : Ravens gifted another win by the refs

Fire Arians
09-23-2012, 11:53 PM
2 phantom defensive holding calls, and the 2nd one it was the receiver holding the defender even. just wow, has any team been treated better by the zebras in the last 2 years?

Fire Arians
09-23-2012, 11:58 PM
holy shit i can't believe my eyes. wide right... and it's good? ****ing seriously? lmao, this league is becoming a joke, might as well call it sports entertainment like wrestling

BleedPurple
09-24-2012, 12:00 AM
holy shit i can't believe my eyes. wide right... and it's good? ****ing seriously? lmao, this league is becoming a joke, might as well call it sports entertainment like wrestling

Looked like it was wide right to me, but hey, I didn't see the PI against Jones last week either so. . . karma I guess, the W-L column balances out.

More importantly, thoughts and prayers to Torrey and his family.

Fire Arians
09-24-2012, 12:01 AM
funny how they were chanting bullshit after the refs rightly penalized webb for an infraction (although it should have been holding, not illegal contact), after the refs basically gave them 7 points. what a bunch of retards up in baltimore, no team has had it better from the officials in recent memory!

MACH1
09-24-2012, 12:02 AM

Now your just trying to make me go watch highlights aren't ya.

Fire Arians
09-24-2012, 12:03 AM
Now your just trying to make me go watch highlights aren't ya.

go watch it and tell me if that's good. i almost can't believe it

SteelCurtain5643
09-24-2012, 12:09 AM
Ridiculous, idk how in gods name that kick was good?! **** the dirty Ratbirds

TRH
09-24-2012, 12:09 AM
2 phantom defensive holding calls, and the 2nd one it was the receiver holding the defender even. just wow, has any team been treated better by the zebras in the last 2 years?

the patriots :sofunny: (at least by the real refs).

Man, these scabs are HORRIBLE.....
The league needs to do something right away. I hope thats all the talk again tomorrow.

Kanata-Steeler
09-24-2012, 12:12 AM
The refs are generally bad and screwy everywhere, so it kinda balanced out.
Needless to say, atleast their respective "O' and"D" showed up tonite, whereas, our Steelers this afternoon STUNK-UP the whole screen.

BleedPurple
09-24-2012, 12:12 AM
funny how they were chanting bullshit after the refs rightly penalized webb for an infraction (although it should have been holding, not illegal contact), after the refs basically gave them 7 points. what a bunch of retards up in baltimore, no team has had it better from the officials in recent memory!

I'm sure most fans think that about their division rival, but I think it is pretty even in actuality.

SteelCurtain5643
09-24-2012, 12:16 AM
Idk if anyone heard at halftime, they said the nfl met with the refs today, talks broke with still substantial differences between both sides, no further talks scheduled. Looks like these clowns are here to stay and Goodell can further ruin the NFL

PATS16N0
09-24-2012, 12:47 AM
I was going to come here and start a thread about how we out played and out classed the Ravens in all phases of the game only to have the officials completely hose us and gift wrap a Raven win.

The officials killed numerous NE drives that were rolling tonight with horrible calls.
They likewise kept alive numerous dead drives by the Ravens.

I understand a lot of you despise the Patriots but this game was a black mark on the integrity of the NFL.

It doesn't matter what your team does on the field if the other team will just be awarded 1st down after 1st down with phantom penalties that leave the entire watching audience, including the announcers, scratching their heads in disbelief.

The Ravens didn't win that game, but it will sure look like they did when the papers tomorrow show them to be 2-1.

Thats two games in a row that we've been hosed by the officials. At least in the Arizona game I could live with the Gronk call because we didn't really deserve the win, but tonight was just incredible. I'm speechless.

I'm past rage. Now i'm in mourning for the NFL.

MACH1
09-24-2012, 12:57 AM
You sure it's a black mark and not an asterisk.

BleedPurple
09-24-2012, 01:12 AM
I was going to come here and start a thread about how we out played and out classed the Ravens in all phases of the game only to have the officials completely hose us and gift wrap a Raven win.

The officials killed numerous NE drives that were rolling tonight with horrible calls.
They likewise kept alive numerous dead drives by the Ravens.

I understand a lot of you despise the Patriots but this game was a black mark on the integrity of the NFL.

It doesn't matter what your team does on the field if the other team will just be awarded 1st down after 1st down with phantom penalties that leave the entire watching audience, including the announcers, scratching their heads in disbelief.

The Ravens didn't win that game, but it will sure look like they did when the papers tomorrow show them to be 2-1.

Thats two games in a row that we've been hosed by the officials. At least in the Arizona game I could live with the Gronk call because we didn't really deserve the win, but tonight was just incredible. I'm speechless.

I'm past rage. Now i'm in mourning for the NFL.

Sweet, nourishing tears. Take that group of whiny bitches back north please.

PATS16N0
09-24-2012, 03:47 AM
I find it hard to believe that your hatred for a conference rival is greater than your love of the NFL.

Do you think the Steelers are going to be immune to this?

Are you ready to lose in the post season and have your year ended by something like this? A bunch of phantom penalties to keep the Ravens alive and moving up the field for a gift wrapped touchdown that was then followed up by a field goal that was no good that was called good by the officials anyway without challenge or review?

Did you see the game?

There is something greater at stake right here than a Patriots v Ravens game or your precious Steelers post season seed. This is the integrity of the NFL as a legitimate sport and not "sports entertainment" which is exactly what it looked like, especially in the 4th quarter.

PATS16N0
09-24-2012, 03:55 AM
Was almost surprised to see the Ravens didn't cap their night off with a gatorade bath.

MasterOfPuppets
09-24-2012, 04:29 AM
I find it hard to believe that your hatred for a conference rival is greater than your love of the NFL.

Are you ready to lose in the post season and have your year ended by something like this? A bunch of phantom penalties to keep the Ravens alive and moving up the field for a gift wrapped touchdown that was then followed up by a field goal that was no good that was called good by the officials anyway without challenge or review?

Did you see the game?

There is something greater at stake right here than a Patriots v Ravens game or your precious Steelers post season seed. This is the integrity of the NFL as a legitimate sport and not "sports entertainment" which is exactly what it looked like, especially in the 4th quarter.
take a better look at the user name....just like patriot fans were the only ones defending spygate , the only ones that will try to rationalize a ratbird win will be ratbird fans....:doh:

TRH
09-24-2012, 08:28 AM

Did you see the game?

yeah....the person that posted that is a Ravens fan....not a Steelers fan.

Awful, terrible officiating in that game. But you have to admit, its something new for the Pats organization to not have the ref's on their side. They've been on your side for the last few years...on a level that reaches "ridiculous". This is something new for NE.

silver & black
09-24-2012, 09:32 AM
I'm sorry, I just can't find it in me to sympathize with ANY other fanbase about shit calls that affect the outcome of a game. Yea, I know..... I'm a shitty, gangster, criminal, thug Raiders fan :rolleyes:, but no team in the NFL has been f**cked over by the refs more than the Raiders, over the years.

I'm not even talking about the ones we all know about. The Raiders always get the most egregious, off the wall, "have to look it up in the rule book to see if we can make it stick" bullshit calls against them. Not whining....... it's just the truth.

It's been kinda a cool to see a few other teams experience what the Raiders are all to well acustomed to, from the refs. :chuckle:

i82much
09-24-2012, 11:11 AM
Some of you are pretty reasonable, and to you let me apologize in advance. But, as for the others, come on. And yes, I'm a Ravens fan.

Look. Every team loses a game or two per year over bad calls. The only consistent favoritism I've ever noticed was a few years back when Brady and Manning got all the roughing the passer calls but it didn't seem like the lesser-known QB's got the same treatment. The officiating is crap, but for you to pretend like it is always the Ravens getting the calls is just silly. Every team's fans feel like they get hosed but most realize that's just part of being a fan and they can step back and realize the problem is not actual bias among the refs. Bad officiating? Yes. Biased officiating? No.

PATS16N0
09-24-2012, 12:07 PM
take a better look at the user name....just like patriot fans were the only ones defending spygate , the only ones that will try to rationalize a ratbird win will be ratbird fans....:doh:

My mistake. I should have realized only a Ratbird fan would gloat about a fake win* gift wrapped by giving their offense multiple free downs, possessions, and -when that wasn't enough- a missed field goal counted as good.

TRH
09-24-2012, 12:08 PM
I'm sorry, I just can't find it in me to sympathize with ANY other fanbase about shit calls that affect the outcome of a game. Yea, I know..... I'm a shitty, gangster, criminal, thug Raiders fan :rolleyes:, but no team in the NFL has been f**cked over by the refs more than the Raiders, over the years.

I'm not even talking about the ones we all know about. The Raiders always get the most egregious, off the wall, "have to look it up in the rule book to see if we can make it stick" bullshit calls against them. Not whining....... it's just the truth.

It's been kinda a cool to see a few other teams experience what the Raiders are all to well acustomed to, from the refs. :chuckle:

well, i agree, but think your "other teams" comments are more directed to teams such as the Patriots, Packers, etc, etc, etc.
I will agree that even i have seen repeated unbelievable calls go against the Raiders in the past years. But the same argument can be made for the Steeler teams equally as well.

I believe this is due to both teams "reputation" as hard-hitting, physical, tough, and take-no-s**t. I think its unjustified as i've seen over and over and over again the EXACT same plays go uncalled against other teams and i think the refs (and i include real refs here..) do somewhat cave to league + media pressure.
But all in all...its definitely a change to see other seemingly "protected" teams getting their fair share of blatant wrong calls going against them as well.

Nevermore
09-24-2012, 12:10 PM
I'm going to be the first to say that the refs have to go. That game was completely out of control and the calls over the past 3 weeks have been getting worse. There is no respect for the stripes anymore and it is all out pandemonium....

However, to say that the game was given to the Ravens by the refs is BS. There were bad calls both ways. Not to mention, the NE defense let the Ravens drive 92 and 70 yards in the last 10 minutes of the game to win. If Brady is so fantastic, why can't he ice the game in with the ball on his own 34 and a 9 point lead (no penalties that drive), or the ball, 4 minutes and a 2 point lead to include a drive that called back an int (5 yards and a 1st down) and a 15 yard penalty (on the coach none the less..... Tell me the last time that was called!) that gave him first and 10 at the BAL 45 with just over 2 minutes? Then a 70 yard drive with under 2 minutes for the Ravens (to include passes for 24 and 17). The PI call was legit IMO, so that gets flagged this year or last.

I'm with everyone that the game is a disaster and the officials need to come back, but this wasn't a 4th and goal with no time on the clock where the officials gave a free play for a TD. The Patriots had plenty of opportunities to close the door on the Ravens and failed.

A poster on here last week said the same thing about the Steelers getting BS flags against them (the PI call where the CB literally never touched the reciever), in the fact that good teams figure out how to overcome.

Hopefully this crap gets taken care of soon though so we all can talk about plays and players instead of the guys in stripes.

MACH1
09-24-2012, 12:11 PM
My mistake. I should have realized only a Ratbird fan would gloat about a fake win* gift wrapped by giving their offense multiple free downs, possessions, and -when that wasn't enough- a missed field goal counted as good.

Karma's a b!tch. :hunch:

To S&B I bet the refs never screwed up a coin toss for ya though.

Nevermore
09-24-2012, 12:12 PM
a missed field goal counted as good.

Right, because there is so much conclusive evidence that you can see on TV where the ball was when it went over the post. If only there was a guy standing directly underneath the post with a clear view who could make that call.... Oh wait, there is. And he did. So unless you were standing next to him (which on the replay I didn't see you), it's 3 points.

PATS16N0
09-24-2012, 12:14 PM
Some of you are pretty reasonable, and to you let me apologize in advance. But, as for the others, come on. And yes, I'm a Ravens fan.

Look. Every team loses a game or two per year over bad calls. The only consistent favoritism I've ever noticed was a few years back when Brady and Manning got all the roughing the passer calls but it didn't seem like the lesser-known QB's got the same treatment. The officiating is crap, but for you to pretend like it is always the Ravens getting the calls is just silly. Every team's fans feel like they get hosed but most realize that's just part of being a fan and they can step back and realize the problem is not actual bias among the refs. Bad officiating? Yes. Biased officiating? No.

Dude, the Patriots defense stopped you MULTIPLE times only to see an official throw a flag and give the Ravens a free 1st and 10. This happened MULTIPLE times, ALL through out the game. More over, on more than one occassion the Patriots offense was robbed, including a phantom PI call on Edelman IN THE ENDZONE that robbed New England of ANOTHER TOUCHDOWN.

The announcers were LAUGHING it was so pathetic, culminating with Chris Collinsworth announcing on LIVE TELEVISION that the "only loser in this game was the fans."

And to put a cherry on top of it all, the game winning field goal...
WASN'T EVEN GOOD!!!!

So don't come at me with your "every team gets bad calls" bullcrap like this was just one questionable offsides call. That was complete highway robbery. It was banana republic football.

Your team is pathetic. New England is not going to be afraid to meet you again in the post season because we can go into that game completely aware that we completely DOMINATED you on offense and on defense in our first meeting, even if the scabs handed you a make believe win.

Sincerely yours,
a first and foremost disgusted football fan

Nevermore
09-24-2012, 12:19 PM
Dude, the Patriots defense stopped you MULTIPLE times only to see an official throw a flag and give the Ravens a free 1st and 10.

Words.....

Right... because the 15 yards and a 1st down in the last 2:30 of the game on the bench call was so legit and something we see every week. You were gifted the ball on the BAL 45 with the lead and 2 minutes. Marsha couldn't make it happen and choked. Then your weak secondary couldn't stop a 70 yard drive with 1:55 and 1 timeout.

382 yards and 3 TDs. Those weren't flags.

tony hipchest
09-24-2012, 12:24 PM
:popcorn:

Nevermore
09-24-2012, 12:26 PM

:hatsoff:

PATS16N0
09-24-2012, 12:27 PM
Well, your pathetic team and your fan base has such a little brother syndrome in the AFC that it doesn't surprise me at all that you'll take this win* with glee but the fact of the matter is, you didn't impress with it because everyone knows it was bullshit.

Patriots proved without a shadow of a doubt they're a drastically superior football team.

So you take this win*, you enjoy it, and we'll just blow you out in the post season.

Should of done your gatorade bath last night after your missed field goal that won you the game, because you aren't getting one against us in the post season and you can take that to the bank.

Out played.
Out classed.
Out coached.

We have higher standards in New England. If we won that game on those sorts of countless shenanigans and a missed field goal for 3 points i'd be embarrassed, but Ratbird fans will take whatever they can get.,

MACH1
09-24-2012, 12:37 PM
Well, your pathetic team and your fan base has such a little brother syndrome in the AFC that it doesn't surprise me at all that you'll take this win* with glee but the fact of the matter is, you didn't impress with it because everyone knows it was bullshit.

Patriots proved without a shadow of a doubt they're a drastically superior football team.

So you take this win*, you enjoy it, and we'll just blow you out in the post season.

Should of done your gatorade bath last night after your missed field goal that won you the game, because you aren't getting one against us in the post season and you can take that to the bank.

Out played.
Out classed.
Out coached.

We have higher standards in New England. If we won that game on those sorts of countless shenanigans and a missed field goal for 3 points i'd be embarrassed, but Ratbird fans will take whatever they can get.,

Even if it includes cheating. *

Nevermore
09-24-2012, 12:39 PM
Out played.
Out classed.
Out coached.

But not outscored.... The only part of the game that counts.

The difference between NE and the Ravens last night was we took advantage of calls (good or bad) and scored. Your team did not. The INT called back was on a 3rd and 9 and a pass that was thrown BEHIND the reciever that wasn't going to be complete or a first down. Would you rather go back and punt to the Ravens with 4 minutes and 3 timeouts? I'm guessing you'll take that 1st down. Then you get 15 putting you in BAL territory with 2 minutes and the lead. Capitalize. The Pats couldn't. The Ravens did.

You lost. See you next time.

silver & black
09-24-2012, 12:43 PM
Karma's a b!tch. :hunch:

To S&B I bet the refs never screwed up a coin toss for ya though.

I bet if they they could get away with it, they would.:wink02:

Nevermore
09-24-2012, 12:44 PM
We have higher standards in New England. ,

I'm sure if the tables were reversed in this situation, Billy Bell would have run out on the field and said "no, no... we have higher standards.. We didn't win. Give the W to the Ravens" And I'm sure that Dan Shaughnessy, Bob Ryan, Toucher and Rich and Gresh and Zoe and all the rest of the reporters and fans all over Boston would be just ranting and raving about how much the Patriots should be embarrased by the win and really should give it back.

Get over yourself......

PATS16N0
09-24-2012, 12:59 PM
Karma gonna' be a bitch. Your win must feel good (you move up to 2-8 against us now? *slow clap*) Now just take the time to remember how lousy it's going to be when we thrash you in the post season, when your bloated and tired and old defense is worn down from the season, and our new offense has had another 13 weeks to refine itself into what its transforming into, and Hernandez is back, and our defense is playing even better.

Yeah, that's going to be a tough day for you. Much tougher than today is for me.
And that day is an inevitability.

So bask in your cheap win* that was the result -and only the result- of the worst officiating ever witnessed in NFL history.

Nevermore
09-24-2012, 01:29 PM
, and our new offense has had another 13 weeks to refine itself into what its transforming into, and Hernandez is back, and our defense is playing even better.

Hopefully good enough to hold the ball and the lead for 2 minutes and the lead or prevent two 70 plus yard drives in the last 9 minutes.

I am basking in this win. You've said nothing to convince me not to. Good luck with the rest of your season. Hope you get better. Because today you can't beat the Ravens.

PATS16N0
09-24-2012, 01:36 PM
That sounds more like bravado than something you honestly believe.

Bayz101
09-24-2012, 01:36 PM
I'm still pretty sure Tucker missed that field goal.

Nevermore
09-24-2012, 02:03 PM
That sounds more like bravado than something you honestly believe.

I honestly believe that your D couldn't hold Flacco to less than 300 yards and your offense couldnt finish the job.

Convince me otherwise. Brady makes 10 yards and eats even 60 seconds on the last drive you win.

Other than waaahhhh, what is your excuse for that type of play out of your team?

Kanata-Steeler
09-24-2012, 02:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBVuAGFcGKY
:noidea:
..., but don't worry, 'cause that's what "Ref's" are for, right ?

MasterOfPuppets
09-24-2012, 02:38 PM
is there any reason why they can't add an additional 15-20 ft on to the goal post ? this isn't the first time that a FG has been "questionable....:noidea:

i actually had this happen to me in a high school football game. ( i was a kicker )
the refs called it no good , but it looked good from where i was standing ..:mad:

Nevermore
09-24-2012, 03:08 PM
Or put an upper crossbar you have to stay under. That could be interesting!!

Kanata-Steeler
09-24-2012, 03:08 PM
is there any reason why they can't add an additional 15-20 ft on to the goal post ? this isn't the first time that a FG has been "questionable....:noidea:

i actually had this happen to me in a high school football game. ( i was a kicker )
the refs called it no good , but it looked good from where i was standing ..:mad:

Seriously, and no offense intended, but I also wish the NFL would bring the "posts" in about 2 feet aside.
It's not fair watching a really good hard-fought game won by an "easy/lucky" Kick -so to speak. \
Again, I couldn't kick my own ars, so don't take me the wrong way here, but...
Atleast that way, that would eliminate the easier half-field (50+-yards) kicks, from being that easy, these days -with these so-called SOCCER kickers, in the NFL.
But hey, it's just imho.
:thumbsup:

MasterOfPuppets
09-24-2012, 03:42 PM
Seriously, and no offense intended, but I also wish the NFL would bring the "posts" in about 2 feet aside.
It's not fair watching a really good hard-fought game won by an "easy/lucky" Kick -so to speak. \
Again, I couldn't kick my own ars, so don't take me the wrong way here, but...
Atleast that way, that would eliminate the easier half-field (50+-yards) kicks, from being that easy, these days -with these so-called SOCCER kickers, in the NFL.
But hey, it's just imho.
:thumbsup:
i absolutely hate seeing out comes of games decided by a kicker.
extra point kicks are all but a waste of time , how many are actually missed in a season ? they should have to go for 2.
field goal points should be awarded by the distance of the field goal.
under 36 yards = 1 point
36 - 45 = 2 points
46 - 55 = 3 points
56 + = 4 points
if you lose yardage on 3rd down you can't attempted a FG.... that'll keep teams from going backwards intentionally for more valuable attempts.

stb_steeler
09-24-2012, 03:52 PM

Did you hear what Al Micheals said....good thing those uprights dont go up to the heavens.:doh:

steelerchad
09-24-2012, 03:52 PM
Or put an upper crossbar you have to stay under. That could be interesting!!

I've thought about that myself before. Then you could put a net around it like a soccer goal. In the net and the kick is good. No more booming 25 yard field goals, you'd need a little touch.

MasterOfPuppets
09-24-2012, 04:01 PM
they've all but taken kick offs (returns) out of the game , why not eliminate extra points and field goals and give kicker roster spots and salaries to REAL football players?

TRH
09-24-2012, 04:21 PM

Out played.
Out classed.
Out coached.

i've read all your comments along the thread and didn't care to respond to any of it (just typical "my team" stuff, hell...we do that around here).
But i take EXCEPTION to that comment. You do NOT have higher standards in New England. Both the Pittsburgh Steelers AND New England Patriots have very well run organizations, both known for class and smarts. There is no such thing as "higher standards" in NE. Both these organizations have the highest of standards.
I lived in NE from 2007-2010 and had the opportunity to watch both organizations closely, games, commentaries, fans, analysts, etc, etc, and etc and i never saw anything that made me think NE had a better or classier franchise. If anything, i felt incredibly lucky that i followed the greatest football organization in the NFL and that the people around me had no idea what it was like to have that. (although they had a good one).

BleedPurple
09-24-2012, 07:43 PM

Did you see the game?

BAHAHA a pats fan talking about the integrity of the league, might want to repeat that load of crap to your cheating ass head coach.

BleedPurple
09-24-2012, 07:45 PM

The best thing about a win is I don't have to rationalize it. I only have to rationalize a loss, which is getting more difficult after seeing the final score on the philly/arizona game lol. But I'm still finding it easier to swallow than the miracle in Denver last year :noidea:

BleedPurple
09-24-2012, 07:56 PM
Dude, the Patriots defense stopped you MULTIPLE times only to see an official throw a flag and give the Ravens a free 1st and 10. This happened MULTIPLE times, ALL through out the game. More over, on more than one occassion the Patriots offense was robbed, including a phantom PI call on Edelman IN THE ENDZONE that robbed New England of ANOTHER TOUCHDOWN.

The announcers were LAUGHING it was so pathetic, culminating with Chris Collinsworth announcing on LIVE TELEVISION that the "only loser in this game was the fans."

And to put a cherry on top of it all, the game winning field goal...
WASN'T EVEN GOOD!!!!

So don't come at me with your "every team gets bad calls" bullcrap like this was just one questionable offsides call. That was complete highway robbery. It was banana republic football.

Your team is pathetic. New England is not going to be afraid to meet you again in the post season because we can go into that game completely aware that we completely DOMINATED you on offense and on defense in our first meeting, even if the scabs handed you a make believe win.

Sincerely yours,
a first and foremost disgusted football fan

Oh wow, dominated? How deep does your delusion go? Let's take a look at the numbers:

We out rushed you, out passed you, came away with higher QB rating, more TDs, higher 3rd down efficiency, higher avg gain per rush/pass/overall play, higher red zone efficiency, all while actually giving up MORE penalty yards than we received! So, if your definition of dominating is "doing slightly worse to much worse than your opponent", you sure dominated. If you think the refs were on anyone's 'side' you are freaking brain dead, as the zebras called more penalties on us and gave you more yards than they gave us.

Or hey, maybe they were just making it look good, and they KNEW it would come down to a sneaker that they could call our way!!

Honestly, are you that stupid, is your head that far up brady's bunghole? Please continue making an ass of yourself and the fanbase you represent, I am enjoying every minute of it.

BleedPurple
09-24-2012, 08:00 PM

BAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAAHAHAHA seriously, are you skip bayless?

You sure showed your superiority by losing!

Oh man, this is too good. Please keep talking!:toofunny::chuckle::rofl:

PATS16N0
09-24-2012, 08:36 PM
i've read all your comments along the thread and didn't care to respond to any of it (just typical "my team" stuff, hell...we do that around here).
But i take EXCEPTION to that comment. You do NOT have higher standards in New England. Both the Pittsburgh Steelers AND New England Patriots have very well run organizations, both known for class and smarts. There is no such thing as "higher standards" in NE. Both these organizations have the highest of standards.
I lived in NE from 2007-2010 and had the opportunity to watch both organizations closely, games, commentaries, fans, analysts, etc, etc, and etc and i never saw anything that made me think NE had a better or classier franchise. If anything, i felt incredibly lucky that i followed the greatest football organization in the NFL and that the people around me had no idea what it was like to have that. (although they had a good one).

I was comparing to the Ratbirds :drink:

PATS16N0
09-24-2012, 08:39 PM
You didn't even get your first 1st down until what? Deep into the second quarter? WHICH ALSO CAME ON A PENALTY? Yeah, you got more yards, which came in gift paper and a little bow from the officials moving you up the field.

The Patriots defense was up against a a Raven offense (lead by your goofy looking quarterback who is NOT anywhere close to elite) which had infinite downs.
Moving the ball with an unlimited amount of free downs isn't difficult.

Darkstorm05
09-24-2012, 08:51 PM
Why in the hell do we have a Ratbird and the Brady Bunch going at it on a Steeler's forum? Isn't there some forum for fans of QB's who wear skirts to move this nonsense to?

MACH1
09-24-2012, 08:58 PM
You didn't even get your first 1st down until what? Deep into the second quarter? WHICH ALSO CAME ON A PENALTY? Yeah, you got more yards, which came in gift paper and a little bow from the officials moving you up the field.

The Patriots defense was up against a a Raven offense (lead by your goofy looking quarterback who is NOT anywhere close to elite) which had infinite downs.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/318/507/080.jpg

BleedPurple
09-24-2012, 09:34 PM

OK, the message that does not seem to be penetrating your skull.

Our total yards: 503
Our yards gained from penalties: 83 on 10 penalties

Your total yards: 396
Your yards gained from penalties: 135 on 14 penalties

Now let's do some math which I know will be very difficult for you.

503-83= 420

396-135=261

So, without the refs, we gained 420 yards, you gained 261. Anyway you cut it, you got beat. You played the best game you could and you just came. up. short. :drink:

BleedPurple
09-24-2012, 09:51 PM
Why in the hell do we have a Ratbird and the Brady Bunch going at it on a Steeler's forum? Isn't there some forum for fans of QB's who wear skirts to move this nonsense to?

Yea Joe wears a skirt. I am guessing that is a crack about toughness. I mean, let's ignore the fact that Joe has never missed a game since he became our starter, and he plays in the same division as your QB, who does not have the attendance that Flacco does.

Atlanta Dan
09-24-2012, 10:10 PM
For Steelers fans this thread has turned into what it must be like to live in an occupied country in which foreign nations are fighting

tony hipchest
09-24-2012, 11:02 PM

:nono: we will have none of that!

all parties in this thread have been properly vetted and our afc rival's fans have pretty much been respectful contributing members to this forum.

plus watching them fling shit at eachother is good entertainment, especially after a steelers loss.

i cant disagree with anything either side says! :noidea::thumbsup:

carry on, guys :drink: (and i mean that about y'all being respectful of our steelers community- slight jabs are understood)

:tt:

MACH1
09-24-2012, 11:55 PM
Talk about gifts.

If I ever hear another suckhawk fan bitch about refs I'm gonna have to punch em in the throat.

BleedPurple
09-25-2012, 12:00 AM
Talk about gifts.

If I ever hear another suckhawk fan bitch about refs I'm gonna have to punch em in the throat.

Yea. . . Pats fans take note, THAT is what you call getting jobbed. You guys just lost.

Wow. . . just wow.

BleedPurple
09-25-2012, 12:02 AM
:nono: we will have none of that!

all parties in this thread have been properly vetted and our afc rival's fans have pretty much been respectful contributing members to this forum.

plus watching them fling shit at eachother is good entertainment, especially after a steelers loss.

i cant disagree with anything either side says! :noidea::thumbsup:

carry on, guys :drink: (and i mean that about y'all being respectful of our steelers community- slight jabs are understood)

:tt:

Salute :drink:

tony hipchest
09-25-2012, 01:06 AM
Yea Joe wears a skirt. I am guessing that is a crack about toughness. I mean, let's ignore the fact that Joe has never missed a game since he became our starter, and he plays in the same division as your QB, who does not have the attendance that Flacco does.we will see how tough he is the 1st time bart scott puts some hot sauce on him or he gets punched in the head by h. ngata, or r. seymour.

every defender in the league will tell you who the toughest qb in the league is.

big ben eats chryslers for lunch (with french dressing on the glass).

Bayz101
09-25-2012, 01:15 AM
Don't even entertain the idea of ENTERTAINING the idea of comparing Joe Flacco's toughness to that of Ben Roethlisberger. No one in the NFL is tougher than Ben at QB. NO ONE.

tony hipchest
09-25-2012, 01:19 AM
brett favre just called and said "that big ben is one pretty tuff SOB".

-brett favre

Bayz101
09-25-2012, 01:23 AM
Gus Ferotte called, says Ben and Brett can kiss his ass. :chuckle:

MasterOfPuppets
09-25-2012, 01:37 AM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/318/507/080.jpg
stick-n-move...stick-n-move .....:toofunny:

Bayz101
09-25-2012, 01:40 AM
stick-n-move...stick-n-move .....:toofunny:

:flap:

MACH1
09-25-2012, 01:41 AM
:whistle:

Darkstorm05
09-25-2012, 08:11 AM
Yea Joe wears a skirt. I am guessing that is a crack about toughness. I mean, let's ignore the fact that Joe has never missed a game since he became our starter, and he plays in the same division as your QB, who does not have the attendance that Flacco does.

Actually that was for Brady, but if it hit close enough to home that you believe it must apply to Flacco, then that's a bonus. If it makes you feel any better, I fully believe Flacco is every bit as rugged as Brady.

PATS16N0
09-25-2012, 11:53 AM
1j8UTQm7ciM

That's a MISS. That on top of all the other countless phantom calls the Ravens got Sunday night that kept their drives alive and kept them in the game.

That field goal is a MISS!

Ravens were 1-8 against us.

Now they're 2-8*.

Really moving on up.

BleedPurple
09-25-2012, 12:48 PM
1j8UTQm7ciM

That's a MISS. That on top of all the other countless phantom calls the Ravens got Sunday night that kept their drives alive and kept them in the game.

Now they're 2-8*.

Really moving on up.

Yea that was definitely good man.

Fire Arians
09-25-2012, 01:14 PM
anyone remember the last time joe flacco engineered a 4th quarter game winning drive without being aided by a penalty?

neither do I

Nevermore
09-25-2012, 03:11 PM
[That's a MISS. That on top of all the other countless phantom calls the Ravens got Sunday night that kept their drives alive and kept them in the game.

Now they're 2-8*.

Really moving on up.

Wow.... You're still arguing this point except you have once again given nothing other than a grainy video of what you think you see. Tell me, which frame of that video is when the ball passes over the crossbar? Do you know exactly? Can you tell how far the ball has travelled? Show me the video from under the bar and I'll believe you. Oh wait, there isn't any. (a whole different thread we can definitely take on because with a billion mini cams on the market today, I don't understand why we can't get replays from everywhere.)

Face it dude, your team couldn't close out the Ravens and LOST. You were given 20 yards and 2 first downs with the lead and less than 2:30 on the clock. Marsha couldn't move the ball 10 yards to win the game. Sure, Flacco may have benefited from a 5 yards and a first down, but he then threw the other 65 on your sorry D to get into FG range. Don't forget the 92 the drive before. Penalties did not put the ball in the endzone or through the uprights. All Brady needed was to hold onto the ball and run out the clock. Period. He failed. Your team lost.

Crap calls all over the field.... I agree. But the Ravens capitalized on their gifts, and the Patriots did not.

Bayz101
09-25-2012, 03:15 PM

Nevermore
09-25-2012, 03:16 PM
anyone remember the last time joe flacco engineered a 4th quarter game winning drive without being aided by a penalty?

neither do I

November 6, 2011. Thought you would remember.... It was in your house after all.

1st and 10 at BAL 8 Joe Flacco pass incomplete to Ed Dickson.

2nd and 10 at BAL 8 Joe Flacco pass complete to Anquan Boldin for 21 yards to the BALTIMORE 29, tackled by William Gay for a 1ST down.

1st and 10 at BAL 29 Joe Flacco pass complete to LaQuan Williams for 13 yards to the BALTIMORE 42 for a 1ST down.

1st and 10 at BAL 42 Joe Flacco pass incomplete to Ray Rice.

2nd and 10 at BAL 42 Joe Flacco pass complete to Anquan Boldin for 9 yards to the PITTSBURGH 49, tackled by Troy Polamalu.

3rd and 1 at PIT 49 Joe Flacco pass incomplete to LaQuan Williams.

4th and 1 at PIT 49 Joe Flacco pass complete to Anquan Boldin for 10 yards to the PITTSBURGH 39, tackled by William Gay for a 1ST down.

1st and 10 at PIT 39 Joe Flacco pass complete to Ed Dickson for 2 yards to the PITTSBURGH 37, tackled by Ryan Clark.

2nd and 8 at PIT 37 Joe Flacco pass incomplete to Torrey Smith.

3rd and 8 at PIT 37 Joe Flacco pass complete to Anquan Boldin for 11 yards to the PITTSBURGH 26 for a 1ST down.

Timeout PITTSBURGH STEELERS, clock 0:28.

1st and 10 at PIT 26 Joe Flacco pass incomplete to David Reed.

2nd and 10 at PIT 26 Joe Flacco pass incomplete to Anquan Boldin.

3rd and 10 at PIT 26 Joe Flacco pass complete to Torrey Smith for 26 yards for a TOUCHDOWN. 22 20

Billy Cundiff extra point GOOD. 23 20
DRIVE TOTALS: BAL 23, PIT 20, 12 plays, 92 yards, 2:09 elapsed

Bayz101
09-25-2012, 03:16 PM

neither do I

stick-n-move....:sofunny::sofunny:

Bayz101
09-25-2012, 03:17 PM
Torrey Smith the KING of push-off's in the endzone. :chuckle:

Bayz101
09-25-2012, 03:19 PM
Well, that title may go to Seattle's receiver now....Tate?

Nevermore
09-25-2012, 03:20 PM
every defender in the league will tell you who the toughest qb in the league is.

big ben eats chryslers for lunch (with french dressing on the glass).

As much as I hate Ben and the Steelers, this is the truth. I don't know how that guy never goes down. We broke his nose and he just played while bleeding. It makes me irate that he never goes down when you think he is sacked and is like trying to push a monster truck off the road in a prius.

I hate him, but Ben is a brick sh#thouse.

BTW, thanks to all for letting the fight continue. :hug: I thought I hated Steelers fans the most. I was wrong. I apologize this is in your turf, but I enjoy hearing what you all have to say about the Ravens. Didn't expect to find a NE fan here and well, one thing led to another.

Bayz101
09-25-2012, 03:21 PM
As much as I hate Ben and the Steelers, this is the truth. I don't know how that guy never goes down. We broke his nose and he just played while bleeding. It makes me irate that he never goes down when you think he is sacked and is like trying to push a monster truck off the road in a prius.

BTW, thanks to all for letting the fight continue. :hug: I thought I hated Steelers fans the most. I was wrong. I apologize this is in your turf, but I enjoy hearing what you all have to say about the Ravens. Didn't expect to find a NE fan here and well, one thing led to another.

:sofunny:

Nevermore
09-25-2012, 03:21 PM
Torrey Smith the KING of push-off's in the endzone. :chuckle:

It's not a push off.... He's just "creating space" :wink02:

Bayz101
09-25-2012, 03:23 PM

We're not the kind of forum that strictly prohibits enemies on base. Watching this fight has been hilarious from our end, and i'm not sure it's over just yet, either. I expect a NEPats comeback.

Bayz101
09-25-2012, 03:24 PM
It's not a push off.... He's just "creating space" :wink02:

YEAH. :sofunny:

Little bastard is pushy.

I've counted two push-off's in the past two years, and I may watch three Ravens games a year! Can't imagine the actual count. I only have ten fingers. :chuckle:

i82much
09-25-2012, 05:06 PM

neither do I

There are so many flags in the NFL that it is rare a QB engineers a game winning drive without a flag. Flacco doesn't get any more flags than anyone else.

i82much
09-25-2012, 05:08 PM

Now they're 2-8*.

If I was a Patriot fan who wanted to keep hold of those old Lombardi's I'd be pretty careful about tossing out asterisks, you know?

i82much
09-25-2012, 05:09 PM
November 6, 2011. Thought you would remember.... It was in your house after all.

1st and 10 at BAL 8 Joe Flacco pass incomplete to Ed Dickson.

2nd and 10 at BAL 8 Joe Flacco pass complete to Anquan Boldin for 21 yards to the BALTIMORE 29, tackled by William Gay for a 1ST down.

1st and 10 at BAL 29 Joe Flacco pass complete to LaQuan Williams for 13 yards to the BALTIMORE 42 for a 1ST down.

1st and 10 at BAL 42 Joe Flacco pass incomplete to Ray Rice.

2nd and 10 at BAL 42 Joe Flacco pass complete to Anquan Boldin for 9 yards to the PITTSBURGH 49, tackled by Troy Polamalu.

3rd and 1 at PIT 49 Joe Flacco pass incomplete to LaQuan Williams.

4th and 1 at PIT 49 Joe Flacco pass complete to Anquan Boldin for 10 yards to the PITTSBURGH 39, tackled by William Gay for a 1ST down.

1st and 10 at PIT 39 Joe Flacco pass complete to Ed Dickson for 2 yards to the PITTSBURGH 37, tackled by Ryan Clark.

2nd and 8 at PIT 37 Joe Flacco pass incomplete to Torrey Smith.

3rd and 8 at PIT 37 Joe Flacco pass complete to Anquan Boldin for 11 yards to the PITTSBURGH 26 for a 1ST down.

Timeout PITTSBURGH STEELERS, clock 0:28.

1st and 10 at PIT 26 Joe Flacco pass incomplete to David Reed.

2nd and 10 at PIT 26 Joe Flacco pass incomplete to Anquan Boldin.

3rd and 10 at PIT 26 Joe Flacco pass complete to Torrey Smith for 26 yards for a TOUCHDOWN. 22 20

Billy Cundiff extra point GOOD. 23 20
DRIVE TOTALS: BAL 23, PIT 20, 12 plays, 92 yards, 2:09 elapsed

Ouch! :thumbsup:

Bayz101
09-25-2012, 05:15 PM
Ouch! :thumbsup:

WflVvKbk454

OUCH!

Bayz101
09-25-2012, 05:17 PM
Savor your regular season push-off in the endzone victory. Still haven't beat us when it matters most.

i82much
09-25-2012, 05:22 PM
Savor your regular season push-off in the endzone victory. Still haven't beat us when it matters most.

Tebow. That is all.

tony hipchest
09-25-2012, 05:30 PM
we got 6.

cundiff. that is all :rofl:

Bayz101
09-25-2012, 05:34 PM
Tebow. That is all.

We didn't stand a chance of winning in the playoffs last year with our injuries, and I can accept that.

We have six Super Bowl trophies to comfort us in defeat. That 2011 Playoff loss devastated your team, and your fan base, and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Not even push-off Torrey could save your team from Cundiff's leg. Hell, same shit almost happened AGAIN this weekend

At least we got beat by Tebow and not someone on our own team..

plenewken
09-25-2012, 05:36 PM
and the circus continued last night .................

http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq202/philippelequerre/NFLrefs.jpg

i82much
09-25-2012, 05:43 PM
We have six Super Bowl trophies to comfort us in defeat.

Yeah, yeah, the good old days. My dad can beat up your dad, whatevah :blah::blah::blah:

1-2 right now. Oakland, for reals??!!! Man even I thought you guys would win that one. Better luck next year? :applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

i82much
09-25-2012, 05:45 PM
I do sort of love how this has devolved into three-way trash talking. And I'd like to say that everything I say is just meant to be friendly ribbing, so please don't take anything the wrong way. I'd just rather do this than ... work.

Bayz101
09-25-2012, 06:25 PM
Yeah, yeah, the good old days. My dad can beat up your dad, whatevah :blah::blah::blah:

1-2 right now. Oakland, for reals??!!! Man even I thought you guys would win that one. Better luck next year? :applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

Good old days? We won it twice since you last won one, Ratbird. :rofl:

Or should I say Brownie? :noidea:

Oh, and by the way: You are aware that the Packers and Patriots are both 1-2 and that playing in Oakland is arguably one of the hardest things to do outside of Seattle, right?

YRHlX_d1baw

http://s5.tinypic.com/r8zh1k.jpg
http://s7.tinypic.com/2gxecl0.jpg
http://s5.tinypic.com/9gbvd2.jpg
http://s5.tinypic.com/sy1ny8.jpg

Talk all you want about the good old days, Ratbird, but that was just FOUR games ago. :rofl::rofl:

Buddha Bus
09-25-2012, 06:33 PM
Good old days? We won it twice since you last won one, Ratbird. :rofl:

I think you are mistaken, sir. I distinctly remember the Ravens winning 2 Super Bowls last season alone. Why else would they have been handing out Gatorade baths like money shots at a gang bang competition?

i82much
09-25-2012, 06:34 PM
Talk all you want about the good old days, Ratbird, but that was just FOUR games ago. :rofl::rofl:

Hey I watched that with Ben! He didn't have anything better to do that weekend :flap:

Bayz101
09-25-2012, 06:34 PM
I think you are mistaken, sir. I distinctly remember the Ravens winning 2 Super Bowls last season alone. Why else would they have been handing out Gatorade baths like money shots at a gang bang competition?

Oh shit! Forgot about that. Three time Super Bowl champion Ratbirds. That's only HALF as good as us. :hatsoff:

Bayz101
09-25-2012, 06:37 PM
Hey I watched that with Ben! He didn't have anything better to do that weekend :flap:

He was in Hawaii preparing for the Pro Bowl and had an appointment that morning to have his Super Bowl rings shined. Have to love the celebrations on the sideline before the kick, too. Man that was awesome.

tony hipchest
09-25-2012, 06:38 PM
speaking of my dads steelers, nobody ever picked them up and moved them out of town in the middle of the night, like in that shithole baltimore.

lol

GOT TEAM?

i bet the feeling sucks to lose the colts and get the purple browns (with male cheerleaders) in return.

i82much
09-25-2012, 06:41 PM
He was in Hawaii preparing for the Pro Bowl

Hey, he'll be there again this year. A well-deserved honor and a great way to spend all that free time.

Buddha Bus
09-25-2012, 06:43 PM
Have to love the celebrations on the sideline before the kick, too. Man that was awesome.

Did it look like this?

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/full/501412182.gif?key=496274&Expires=1348613794&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=S~3wzWx3C~KUxm5PhkjsDk76m0owGhjHEyA47nEJ WQQuwZgu8HpgP-k0eL2zsMgvMJubGZCiz6IsJzgm5DmqtGXGzp2Fw8OcYS59qxPL ~EpG7ftSM6CmMdxtEv7OIr04oQiMZ2CiSprszgwDIJdloURfev RP2IzGFITphTpi~ow_

tony hipchest
09-25-2012, 06:45 PM
Hey, he'll be there again this year. A well-deserved honor and a great way to spend all that free time.ravens would know. lewis has made a career of it. how many rings do ed reed and halitosis nada have vs trips to HA?

gnata? :applaudit:

Bayz101
09-25-2012, 06:46 PM
Hey, he'll be there again this year. A well-deserved honor and a great way to spend all that free time.

Nah. He'll be invited, unlike Flacco, but he won't attend.

GOT TEAM?

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/4175/raylewis.jpg

And for the Pats fan....

http://i35.servimg.com/u/f35/16/35/84/16/brady210.jpg

Credit goes to Wallace108.

i82much
09-25-2012, 06:46 PM
speaking of my dads steelers, nobody ever picked them up and moved them out of town in the middle of the night, like in that shithole baltimore.

lol

GOT TEAM?

i bet the feeling sucks to lose the colts and get the purple browns (with male cheerleaders) in return.

Oh yeah, everyone is jealous of Pittsburgh??!!! Are you serious? My goodness, the girls there look like meatball hoagies with hair!

Buddha Bus
09-25-2012, 06:47 PM
Oh yeah, everyone is jealous of Pittsburgh??!!! Are you serious? My goodness, the girls there look like meatball hoagies with hair!

Better than the balding, toothless crack wh0re disease-incubators in Baltimore.

i82much
09-25-2012, 06:49 PM
Better than the balding, toothless crack wh0res in Baltimore.

Ok, yeah, that's fair.

MACH1
09-25-2012, 06:50 PM
Better than the balding, toothless crack wh0re disease-incubators in Baltimore.

Don't talk about timmah like that.

Bayz101
09-25-2012, 06:51 PM

Baltimore Women:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5wa8aWzia1qcdcqoo1_400.jpg

It's sad. Your team is just a purple variation of the Cleveland Browns.

Just when you thought the Browns couldn't be any more gay....

http://i40.tinypic.com/phk1.jpg

Buddha Bus
09-25-2012, 06:52 PM

That's going to be my insulting comeback to any Ravens fan.

"Yeah, well you have Timmah!":chuckle:

i82much
09-25-2012, 06:55 PM

It was a good point about Baltimore. Still, it's easy enough to avoid the crack *****s in B-more if you stay away from certain neighborhoods. In Pitt it's a lot tougher to avoid all the fat girls with curves like a kaiser roll.

Buddha Bus
09-25-2012, 06:57 PM
It was a good point about Baltimore. Still, it's easy enough to avoid the crack *****s in B-more if you stay away from certain neighborhoods.

Yeah, those "certain neighborhoods" are Maryland.

i82much
09-25-2012, 06:58 PM
Yeah, those "certain neighborhoods" are Maryland.

Earlier you were funnier. Do it again.

Bayz101
09-25-2012, 07:01 PM
It was a good point about Baltimore. Still, it's easy enough to avoid the crack *****s in B-more if you stay away from certain neighborhoods. In Pitt it's a lot tougher to avoid all the fat girls with curves like a kaiser roll.

Bullshit. Your players take all of the chubs with you when you're in town. I mean, fat girls need loving too. :chuckle:

Suggs & Flacco looking their best. Fat women LOVE them.

http://i53.tinypic.com/xf6efd.png

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/attachments/football/73302d1328889974-terrell-suggs-has-clown-teeth-my-funny-horse-laughing-21360221.jpg

Bayz101
09-25-2012, 07:04 PM

God damn. You're asking way too much of us. Really needy.

Worse than your head coach asking for a penalty every time your team screws something up.

Sorry....that may be a little too confusing for your little head: Your coach bitches all the time.

Anything else? Want me to dust the cobwebs off of your Lombardi?

i82much
09-25-2012, 07:04 PM
Bullshit. Your players take all of the chubs with you when you're in town. I mean, fat girls need loving too. :chuckle:

Suggs & Flacco looking their best. Fat women LOVE them.

Not bad :applaudit:

Bayz101
09-25-2012, 07:10 PM
Not bad :applaudit:

"Not bad". Sound like a good motto for your team considering you always fall short. :sofunny:

Bayz101
09-25-2012, 07:10 PM
That's all I got for now. Peace!

i82much
09-25-2012, 07:11 PM
been real yo.

Buddha Bus
09-25-2012, 07:33 PM

OK.... the Ravens are a class organization. Now that's some funny shit right there.

plenewken
09-25-2012, 07:47 PM

Q: What the Penguins and Ratbirds cheerleaders have in common?

A: They both change pads after 3 periods.