PDA

View Full Version : Dan Fouts

jtbsteeler
09-24-2012, 08:35 AM
Had no problem showing his bias against us... He yapped about a borderline hit buy Mundy then in the replay towards the end went silent as a mouse as #79 plowed into Ziggy's knee while he was being blocked. Not even a sniff. I could see that Foote was beyond pissed. I would hope that he would unleash in the locker room.

Then a bogus call on Gilbert was called and I noticed that the Raiders olineman was doing that every play to get ahead of Woodley coming off the edge.

There were alot of convenient calls to help the Raiders. We fumbled but its hard to beat the bogus refs as well.

steelfury02
09-24-2012, 08:39 AM
Dan Fouts came right out and said that the Raiders were the reason his teams didn't advance any farther - I actually liked him during the first half - but, it had to be hard not to praise the Raiders in the 2nd half - they completely took momentum away from us and wanted it more - of course things are going to sound a certain way when 1 team outperforms the other in the 2nd half

I was more pissed about the guy on the ground launching up into Ben's legs

TRH
09-24-2012, 10:41 AM
Fouts = great QB. Terrible analyst.

steeltheone
09-24-2012, 10:50 AM

He was a great QB

Blitzberg06
09-24-2012, 03:37 PM

Reminds me of John Madden.. Great Coach terrible analyst.. Dear god I couldn't take it.

FrancoLambert
09-24-2012, 04:39 PM
:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

tanda10506
09-24-2012, 04:54 PM
Reminds me of John Madden.. Great Coach terrible analyst.. Dear god I couldn't take it.

I thought Madden was a pretty cool commentator, couldn't have done a play by play but he new the game and he was funny. Bad ass sig by the way.

As far as Fouts goes, I've never liked him as an announcer, but then again I like very few announcers (Gregg Gumble and Al Michaels are the only one's I actually like).

silver & black
09-24-2012, 05:03 PM
There were alot of convenient calls to help the Raiders. We fumbled but its hard to beat the bogus refs as well.

It does suck, doesn't it?

I have to laugh when I hear/read complaints about refs and calls. You have no idea how ironic it sounds to Raiders fans when it comes from other fan bases. :chuckle:

MasterOfPuppets
09-24-2012, 05:09 PM

I have to laugh when I hear/read complaints about refs and calls. You have no idea how ironic it sounds to Raiders fans when it comes from other fan bases. :chuckle:
you just no something isn't right when the "penalty kings" have 1/3 the penalties as the opponents....:doh:

Bayz101
09-24-2012, 05:13 PM

You guys haven't had a winning team in years, but I like your chances of succeeding under Palmer. Losing teams fan bases ALWAYS amplify the bad calls, when in reality, it's just one of the many things that piss you off at the end of a Sunday.

I live in Ohio. Cleveland fans NEVER shut up about the bad calls. It's all I ever hear. I see a pattern, although i'd never put the Raiders at Cleveland's level.

EDIT: Just now seeing that you're in Ohio, too. I'm in Mansfield. The Cleveland fans here are AWFUL.

wera176
09-24-2012, 05:43 PM
I was more pissed about the guy on the ground launching up into Ben's legs

^This + 1000

The non-call on the guy that hit Ziggy ticked me off, but I can see how that could get missed. Still angered me, and it was probably dirtier than the hit on Ben...

The miss on the hit to Ben was UNFREAKIN' UNACCEPTABLE. Here's a 280-300 lb grown-azz man crawling across the ground and launches himself at the legs of the QB right IN FRONT of the official who's #1 PRIMARY JOB is to watch out for the QB. I get they won't see everything, but there is no excuse for that one.

No way I blame the refs for the loss though. That's on the D, they couldn't stop the Raiders at all in the 2nd half. Sure, Brown's fumble was costly, but the Raiders still had to cover some ground before they could kick. And that was just that drive.... Credit to the Raiders, they figured out something and executed. Made it look easy too.

Damn it. :banging:

silver & black
09-24-2012, 05:43 PM
You guys haven't had a winning team in years, but I like your chances of succeeding under Palmer. Losing teams fan bases ALWAYS amplify the bad calls, when in reality, it's just one of the many things that piss you off at the end of a Sunday.

I live in Ohio. Cleveland fans NEVER shut up about the bad calls. It's all I ever hear. I see a pattern, although i'd never put the Raiders at Cleveland's level.

EDIT: Just now seeing that you're in Ohio, too. I'm in Mansfield. The Cleveland fans here are AWFUL.

The Cleveland fans here aren't any better here.:sofunny:

I understand what you're saying about the losing fans amplifying the bad calls. I've been a Raiders fan for 44 years, so I got to see the great teams and all the glory. Even when the Raiders were good, they got terrible calls.

I'm not one to cry about bad calls...... maybe because I'm just used to/expect them as normal, after so many years. I'm hoping, now that Al is gone, the NFL can put it to rest and let the Raiders alone........ as much as they let any other team alone.:chuckle:

Bayz101
09-24-2012, 05:49 PM
The Cleveland fans here aren't any better here.:sofunny:

I understand what you're saying about the losing fans amplifying the bad calls. I've been a Raiders fan for 44 years, so I got to see the great teams and all the glory. Even when the Raiders were good, they got terrible calls.

I'm not one to cry about bad calls...... maybe because I'm just used to/expect them as normal, after so many years. I'm hoping, now that Al is gone, the NFL can put it to rest and let the Raiders alone........ as much as they let any other team alone.:chuckle:

I just wish we could play each other more often. Makes for interesting games.

silver & black
09-24-2012, 05:52 PM
I just wish we could play each other more often. Makes for interesting games.

Hell yea! I live for this game...... I'm a 70's child.:wink02:

Maybe if the Raiders decide to come back to prominance again, we can rekindle the old AFC title rivalry of the 70's.

jtbsteeler
10-01-2012, 09:58 AM
Hell yea! I live for this game...... I'm a 70's child.:wink02:

Maybe if the Raiders decide to come back to prominance again, we can rekindle the old AFC title rivalry of the 70's.

NOT! Back to reality for the Raiders. 1-3 and your season is over again. :tt04::tt04::tt04:

BIg mouth Raider fan in my office was quiet as a mouse this morning after gum bumping for no reason last Monday. I tried to tell him...

steeltheone
10-01-2012, 01:36 PM
I never like to see teams we lose to, lose more! :(