PDA

View Full Version : keenan lewis's horrible effort

MasterOfPuppets
09-24-2012, 05:33 PM
i'm suprised nobody brought up the piss poor effort lewis made to tackle mcfadden on the 62 yd run. had lewis actually tried to tackle him instead of just shoving him into the endzone he could have realistically stopped him around the 4 or 5 yd line.
grab the jersey, dive at his legs ,jump on his back, anything would have been better than what he did, which was basically excellerate his speed to the endzone..:mad:
you'll see on the pic he was more than close enough to wrap him up. he didn't even have to fully extend his arms to touch mcfadden at the 10 yd line !!.... had we made an effort like this in high school my coach would bench you or make you run laps, or both. one of the biggest fundementals in tackling is WRAP YOUR ARMS .

http://oi50.tinypic.com/rtno91.jpg

tony hipchest
09-24-2012, 07:19 PM
i did comment on ryan mundys orange traffic barrel impersonation 4 seconds before this still shot :hunch:

Steelerfreak58
09-24-2012, 07:22 PM
Makes a tear come to my eye....

Fire Arians
09-24-2012, 07:26 PM
Our corners are delusional if they think they'll ever crack the pro bowl roster (making it as an alternate because the guy actually selected is injured / playing in the super bowl doesn't count)

Ike Taylor got burned for 200 yards against a Tebow led offense after thinking he was a pro bowl snub
Keenan Lewis, well, hasn't been entirely bad (used to seeing toast mcfadden), but this kind of effort won't land him on the pro bowl squad anytime soon

Atlanta Dan
09-24-2012, 07:28 PM
Corners cannot cover the pass - no pass rush from the linebackers other than Woodley - D-line can no longer stop the run - yikes

tanda10506
09-24-2012, 07:48 PM
I actually don't care if they make the pro bowl, or all pro, or anything like that, I just care if they play well and it contributes to a win and they are not doing that. Quite the opposite. If we play man coverage the pass defense will be MUCH better and history shows it (the 2nd half vs the Jets and the Pats game last year). That said, Ike has been inconsistent (played terrible last year vs Denver, mediocre vs Denver this year, pretty good vs the Jets, then back to being terrible vs Oakland). And Lewis makes Gay look like a great CB. I was pretty hopeful about C. Brown but he looked about as bad as any CB we've ever had when he played this preseason. All we can hope for is a top CB in the draft that will eventually be a shut down #1 CB and can play while Ike is still playing. I think Ike would be a lot better if he wasn't always on a #1 WR.