PDA

View Full Version : Seattle defeats Green Bay amidst greatest Ref controversy of the year

TRH
09-24-2012, 10:56 PM
Wow. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, the ending of the Packers/Seahawks was bizarre, crazy, and officiated to a point of embarrassment and humiliation.

This time - i think the NFL will stand up and do something about it. There will be a huge public outcry over this. Wait until all the sports shows tomorrow morning.

Phantom interference call, then a receiver PUSHES over a defender and is not called for pass interference with a ref standing right next to them, and an INT or a catch, whatever it was, that will be debated to the end of time.
I think this was the straw that broke the camel's back. Look for the real guys to be back. No one's going to put up with this......

tony hipchest
09-24-2012, 10:57 PM
wow. just wow.

sad thing is, it was an exciting finish and will probably only draw more fans.

get ready for the shitstorm in the AM

:popcorn:

Bayz101
09-24-2012, 10:58 PM
I'm in shock.

SteelMusic
It should be. It's the WWF in '89 out there right now.

GoFor7
The Packers got ****ed in the ass real hard by the refs.

MACH1
09-24-2012, 10:59 PM
Yep.

As I posted in the other thread if I hear a suckhawk fan bitching about the refs again I'm going to punch them in the throat.

SteelMusic
09-24-2012, 11:02 PM
And it doesn't help that the media isn't asking tough questions. I would be like..."How do you explain the last play. It clearly looks like the defender immediately possessed the football. How do you feel about winning like this?"

tony hipchest
09-24-2012, 11:04 PM
The Packers got ****ed in the ass real hard by the refs.if the steelers lost in this manner, i would agree. if the steelers won, i would point out that the packers defender never had full control PLUS make a football move.

sure he had the ball closer to his chest as gruden pointed out a hunnerd times, but it jostled and tate, maintained his hands on the ball with his back on the ground.

tie goes to the offensive player.

either way its FUBAR and the regular refs woulda been demonized just the same regardless of the outcome.

tony hipchest
09-24-2012, 11:08 PM
golden tates push off was much more of a blown call than anything else.

MACH1
09-24-2012, 11:12 PM
I'm not to sure about that ruffing the passer call on the GB interception either.

tony hipchest
09-24-2012, 11:13 PM
mike mccarthy- great job in the post game presser from the losing end. damn good coach. :thumbsup:

GoFor7
09-24-2012, 11:18 PM
http://www.stillers.com/UserFiles/Images/Trenches/AdolfGoodell-01.png

In Reaktion auf das Ergebnis dieses Spiels, wird James Harrison eine lebenslange Sperre verurteilt werden! Das lehren alle eine Lektion!

HEIL GOODELL!

tony hipchest
09-24-2012, 11:19 PM
TRH, i am merging my thread with yours since it went up a minute earlier but am giving it a new title so people can place it in context (since this game will be such a big topic in teh upcoming days).

TRH
09-24-2012, 11:28 PM
this one's going to blow the ref controversy up to 10X where it is already. Just wait until tomorrow. Look out.
I have a hunch somethings going to happen.

And i agree with what someone else said....the offensive "push-off" (or push DOWN, because thats what it was..) was a bigger deal/call than the actual INT call. Ridiculously blatant.

Blitzberg06
09-24-2012, 11:30 PM
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e23/NKTaNk/A3nDoF6CcAE0ctL.jpg

tony hipchest
09-24-2012, 11:33 PM
if the packers team played in pittsburgh, this would be the reaction from many of the fans i have seen on this board-

OMG we lost to the worst team in the nfl.

BJ RAJI is too fat and needs to go.

FIRE DOM CAPERS. the league has figured out his defensive scheme.

we have no pass rush.

Charles Woodson is a waste of space and needs to retire.

Golden Tate kinda reminds me of hines ward.

Clay Matthews is overrated and over paid!

McCarthy had a blank stare "deer in the headlight look" the whole night.

The refs suck and always give Seattle all the calls!

We need to run the ball more. Aaron Rogers just thinks he can pass the ball all day.

John Kuhn sure looked great. We should get him more involved in the gameplan.

Fire all the stockholders!

Blitzberg06
09-24-2012, 11:36 PM
if the packers team played in pittsburgh, this would be the reaction from many of the fans i have seen on this board-

OMG we lost to the worst team in the nfl.

BJ RAJI is too fat and needs to go.

FIRE DOM CAPERS. the league has figured out his defensive scheme.

we have no pass rush.

Charles Woodson is a waste of space and needs to retire.

Golden Tate kinda reminds me of hines ward.

Clay Matthews is overrated and over paid!

McCarthy had a blank stare "deer in the headlight look" the whole night.

The refs suck and always give Seattle all the calls!

We need to run the ball more. Aaron Rogers just thinks he can pass the ball all day.

John Kuhn sure looked great. We should get him more involved in the gameplan.

Fire all the stockholders!

Accurate you are. :sofunny:

jjpro11
09-24-2012, 11:40 PM
Seahawks fans keep bringing up SB XL on their forum as a way to justify it. **** em. I hope they lose every game from here on out.

Blitzberg06
09-24-2012, 11:42 PM
Seahawks fans keep bringing up SB XL on their forum as a way to justify it. **** em. I hope they lose every game from here on out.

Unfortunately for them the calls made in Superbowl XL could of went either way.

This should of only went one way.

MACH1
09-24-2012, 11:48 PM
Can you imagine if something like this were to happen in the superbowl.

casteeler
09-24-2012, 11:48 PM
I don't care if every Ref envolved in this lockout wants a Lamborghini to help get em' back on the field,hand them the keys. This has gone to another level of incompetence

Blitzberg06
09-24-2012, 11:50 PM
Can you imagine if something like this were to happen in the superbowl.

I'd say a riot. Remember when Kyle Williams for San Fran got death threats for botching a punt?

I'd say people would skip the threats and just kill lol

tony hipchest
09-24-2012, 11:52 PM
aaron rogers blames the kicking ball he was given to try the two point conversion with.

c'mon rog... youre a damn MVP pro making millions of dollars, am sure you couldve completed the pass with a NERF. :dang:

(disclaimer: i do think the packers got jobbed)

tony hipchest
09-24-2012, 11:58 PM
Can you imagine if something like this were to happen in the superbowl.superbowl sunday is alredy the day of the year the most domestic violence calls are made.

i suggest all women hide the guns and cutlery and leave the premises if the replacement officials are still in place.

:screwy:

MACH1
09-25-2012, 12:01 AM
Now all we need is a suckhawk fan and a packer fan to come and entertain us for the next couple weeks. :chuckle:

Bayz101
09-25-2012, 12:05 AM
aaron rogers blames the kicking ball he was given to try the two point conversion with.

c'mon rog... youre a damn MVP pro making millions of dollars, am sure you couldve completed the pass with a NERF. :dang:

(disclaimer: i do think the packers got jobbed)

A kicking ball is almost impossible to throw. Want to know why? It's a brand new football. Actually a regular old "Duke". A nerf would be a LOT easier to throw. I couldn't hit my tailback (Terrel Dorsey, look him up) on a screen pass with one, LOL.

Bayz101
09-25-2012, 12:07 AM
Footballs need broken in, and kicking balls aren't, but you are right. Rog makes way to much to not make that throw.

tony hipchest
09-25-2012, 12:12 AM
Now all we need is a suckhawk fan and a packer fan to come and entertain us for the next couple weeks. :chuckle:lol... its a shame we dont have more NFC fan members...

A kicking ball is almost impossible to throw. Want to know why? It's a brand new football. Actually a regular old "Duke". A nerf would be a LOT easier to throw. I couldn't hit my tailback (Terrel Dorsey, look him up) on a screen pass with one, LOL.

so aaron rogers, arguably the greatest qb IN THE ENTIRE WORLD (undisputedly top 5) cant throw a brand new football out of the package?

his job ( one that he has been honing his entire life) is to throw a football, right?

its not like asking william shakespeare to write with an unsharpened pencil...

i get that a new ball is slick, but aaron rogers- C'MON MAN!

jjpro11
09-25-2012, 12:18 AM
The guy's been throwing footballs his entire life. His career is throwing footballs, and he's supposed to be one of the very best at it. He should be able to throw an accurate spiral if the football was dipped in Vaseline. How's he ever going to throw slick footballs in rainy or snowy weather?

Bayz101
09-25-2012, 12:19 AM
Read my post above yours. I understand that he should have made the throw, just pointing out that it is not easy to throw a kicking ball, and if you unaware you have a kicking ball, even the best of QB's can look like hell. I'm not exactly buying his story anyway, so it's null.

Fire Arians
09-25-2012, 12:46 AM
wow just when i thought the reffing couldn't possibly get worse than yesterday. this is just downright crazy

Fire Haley
09-25-2012, 06:56 AM
Way to go Seahawks! knock the Pack to 1-2

hahahahaha

so don't leave it up to the refs to decide the game, GB had ONE TD the whole game, Seattle's defense owned their asses

Goodell is pissing on his own shield though, and that's hilarious to me

GoFor7
09-25-2012, 08:56 AM

http://www.stillers.com/UserFiles/Images/Trenches/AdolfGoodell-01.png

NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN!

Holen Sie mir meine Erschießungskommando! Diese rebellische Steeler fan sofort erschossen haben!

PATS16N0
09-25-2012, 09:26 AM
Well, I said it last year (and was mocked for it at NFL.com) and I said it this year: The Packers are a over rated football team and their invincibility is a complete media invention. I honestly don't even think Aaron Rodgers is that good. He had amazing games, I suppose, but only coming off a lock out off season that had a noticeable effect on the league's defenses. As the season went on, Rodgers didn't look that great.

This year he looks HORRIBLE.

He hasn't had a decent game yet, even in their one win.

But if the Packers truly were hosed by the officials I can't take any joy in it as much as I was waiting with glee to see the Packers fall flat on their faces.

I didn't see the game, though. After the Patriots Ravens game i've lost all interest and enthusiasm in watching games that obviously aren't going to be decided on the field. Sounds like I was right.

Atlanta Dan
09-25-2012, 09:47 AM
:chuckle:

Union-buster Walker calls for return of union refs

Republican Gov. Scott Walker, who made a national name for himself by going after public employee unions last year, posted a message on Twitter calling for the return of the NFL's locked-out unionized officials after a disputed call led to a Seattle Seahawks 14-12 victory over the Packers on Monday night....

Walker's spokesman Cullen Werwie tried to spin the governor's post on Tuesday, saying it wasn't meant as a pro-union political statement. Walker's tweet was being widely mocked on Twitter in light of his push last year that effectively ended collective bargaining for teachers, nurses and most other public workers.

"I don't think this anything to do with unions, but has everything to do with refs making bad calls," Werwie said.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_PACKERS_STRANGE_BEDFELLOWS?SITE=PAPIT&SECTION=SPORTS&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

As a savvy older attorney once told me, sometimes your position on a particular issue depends on whether you are the f***er or the f***ee

Darkstorm05
09-25-2012, 09:47 AM
Way to go Seahawks! knock the Pack to 1-2

hahahahaha

so don't leave it up to the refs to decide the game, GB had ONE TD the whole game, Seattle's defense owned their asses

This. Where was the godly Rodgers at? For as much as we have to hear about GB in the media(Half the players they show on the Sunday Night Football intro are from GB?) you'd think they could keep their destiny in their own hands. Maybe they should have asked for a discount double check on that play?

SteelCurtain5643
09-25-2012, 11:35 AM
That was just god awful, I still have no idea how that was a TD...I was planning on going to Steelers/Giants Nov.4th, but not if these assclowns are still officiating games.

Trent Dilfer said it best last night, the NFL has stated over and over again about "protect the shield", when now its the NFL who is screwing everyone.

SteelCurtain5643
09-25-2012, 11:52 AM
NFL just released a statement saying the officials made the right call last night....WOW just WOW. **** Goodell

jjpro11
09-25-2012, 12:17 PM
That was just god awful, I still have no idea how that was a TD...I was planning on going to Steelers/Giants Nov.4th, but not if these assclowns are still officiating games.

Trent Dilfer said it best last night, the NFL has stated over and over again about "protect the shield", when now its the NFL who is screwing everyone.

The NFL has gotten way too big-headed. From the commissioner, to the owners, to the executives who run the league. They no longer give the fans what they want, they simply do whatever is economically best because they take for granted the fans will always be thee. So typical of a business that enjoys a surge of success, and then thinks they are invincible to any kind of backlash from its customers.

All these new contact rules are just a way for them to prevent and win lawsuits.

Fire Haley
09-25-2012, 12:33 PM
it's all over but the crying

NFL Official Statement

NFL STATEMENT ON FINAL PLAY OF GREEN BAY PACKERS-SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAME

In Monday's game between the Green Bay Packers and Seattle Seahawks, Seattle faced a 4th-and-10 from the Green Bay 24 with eight seconds remaining in the game.

Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson threw a pass into the end zone. Several players, including Seattle wide receiver Golden Tate and Green Bay safety M.D. Jennings, jumped into the air in an attempt to catch the ball.

While the ball is in the air, Tate can be seen shoving Green Bay cornerback Sam Shields to the ground. This should have been a penalty for offensive pass interference, which would have ended the game. It was not called and is not reviewable in instant replay.

When the players hit the ground in the end zone, the officials determined that both Tate and Jennings had possession of the ball. Under the rule for simultaneous catch, the ball belongs to Tate, the offensive player. The result of the play was a touchdown.

Replay Official Howard Slavin stopped the game for an instant replay review. The aspects of the play that were reviewable included if the ball hit the ground and who had possession of the ball. In the end zone, a ruling of a simultaneous catch is reviewable. That is not the case in the field of play, only in the end zone.

Referee Wayne Elliott determined that no indisputable visual evidence existed to overturn the call on the field, and as a result, the on-field ruling of touchdown stood. The NFL Officiating Department reviewed the video today and supports the decision not to overturn the on-field ruling following the instant replay review.

The result of the game is final.

Atlanta Dan
09-25-2012, 01:24 PM
it's all over but the crying

NFL Official Statement

NFL STATEMENT ON FINAL PLAY OF GREEN BAY PACKERS-SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAME

In Monday's game between the Green Bay Packers and Seattle Seahawks, Seattle faced a 4th-and-10 from the Green Bay 24 with eight seconds remaining in the game.

Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson threw a pass into the end zone. Several players, including Seattle wide receiver Golden Tate and Green Bay safety M.D. Jennings, jumped into the air in an attempt to catch the ball.

While the ball is in the air, Tate can be seen shoving Green Bay cornerback Sam Shields to the ground. This should have been a penalty for offensive pass interference, which would have ended the game. It was not called and is not reviewable in instant replay.

When the players hit the ground in the end zone, the officials determined that both Tate and Jennings had possession of the ball. Under the rule for simultaneous catch, the ball belongs to Tate, the offensive player. The result of the play was a touchdown.

Replay Official Howard Slavin stopped the game for an instant replay review. The aspects of the play that were reviewable included if the ball hit the ground and who had possession of the ball. In the end zone, a ruling of a simultaneous catch is reviewable. That is not the case in the field of play, only in the end zone.

Referee Wayne Elliott determined that no indisputable visual evidence existed to overturn the call on the field, and as a result, the on-field ruling of touchdown stood. The NFL Officiating Department reviewed the video today and supports the decision not to overturn the on-field ruling following the instant replay review.

The result of the game is final.

The Ministry of Truth has spoken - so that settles that :chuckle:

In other news today, Commissioner Goodell issued the following statement

“War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.”

Commissioner Goodell also announced that the name of the Super Bowl trophy will be renamed as the George Orwell trophy

Blitzberg06
09-25-2012, 01:42 PM
Right after the strike
Goodell made the call
Said he needed more Refs
and said he'd take em all
High school, Middle school...
Peewee league too
Just show up on Sunday
we'll show you what to do
Grab a shirt and a hat
from the black and white box
tell your family to tune in
and watch you Sunday on FOX
"Call em like you see em
cause we dont give a crap
we already got their money
and we aint giving any back"
As for the guys that should be here
they can go to hell
I need that money for my boat
with the 20 foot sail
But if the fans start crying
and the players start to fight
well let 3 or 4 guys die
then MAYBE we'll end the strike

Bayz101
09-25-2012, 01:56 PM
http://i33.servimg.com/u/f33/17/43/47/64/pwned_10.jpg

ricardisimo
09-25-2012, 02:14 PM
Steve Young Suffers Concussion Attempting To Explain Final Call In Packers, Seahawks Game

September 25, 2012
http://o.onionstatic.com/images/18/18221/16x9/635.jpg?1355

SEATTLE—ESPN medical personnel confirmed Tuesday that analyst Steve Young suffered a traumatic brain injury Monday night while attempting to explain the referees’ confusing ruling of a touchdown on the last play of the Packers, Seahawks game. “It’s evident that the replacement referees’ questionable, game-deciding call exerted a significant amount of trauma on Mr. Young’s brain and caused him to temporarily lose consciousness while attempting to grasp the rationale of calling that play a touchdown,” said neurologist Richard Spencer, adding that the woozy Young was helped off the ESPN broadcasting set immediately following his disoriented plea for the NFL to bring back the regular officials. "Given Mr. Young's history, this is certainly serious. It’s not surprising that he’s exhibiting signs of cognitive impairment. That ball was intercepted." As of Tuesday morning, Young was reportedly resting comfortably at the Harbor View Medical Center saying that the last thing he remembers from Monday night was Golden Tate pushing a defender squarely in the back and knocking him to the ground before the final pass came down.http://www.theonion.com/static/onion/img/icons/terminator.gif

Bayz101
09-25-2012, 02:27 PM
Is that an onion? Huh. That's odd. Why would you put an --- Oh.... :sofunny:

Kanata-Steeler
09-25-2012, 02:28 PM
It's basic arithmetic:
NFL is saving X-Dollars by hiring "scabs", however, why are THEY not passing off those savings to ALL the "real;" Ticket-paying Fans, ...?
Becuase they know we are ALL stooopid enough to keep paying,....

Ok, now, as far GB goes.
woah. Mr. GB QB got sacked 8 times !!!, before the first half, (BTW, that remind 'ya of anybody here ?), AND, GB's "O" could only throw up 12 points !?
ummmm.
Sooo, tell me that part, when GB was just supposed to win anyways ???

BAD refs make bad calls on both sides of the fence, Good refs make good calls on both side of da' Fence !
whatever, GB played like the Steelers did against Oakland, and they simply deserved to lose.
shut-case.!
-imho
;)

Atlanta Dan
09-25-2012, 03:11 PM
Seeing the sh**storm that is raining down on Goodell is great entertainment

Another blast

It's over, Roger. You lost. Your ridiculous little game of chicken with the refs ended the moment that Green Bay-Seattle game finished Monday night. And you can pretend you ended up with the ball, but we all know better....

Goodell put the integrity of his league on the line for vending-machine money....

As I mentioned Monday, my colleague Peter King reported that the difference between the NFL and the refs' union is $3.3 million a year. Well, there are 256 regular season games. The NFL could have the real refs if it forked over an extra $12,891 per game.

That is less than 20 cents for every paying customer....

Let a man do whatever he wants, and he will do whatever he wants. This is the lesson of Goodell's replacement-referee mistake, and it's an ironic one, because Goodell has tried to teach this lesson to so many others. He fancies himself part-commissioner, part-sheriff. He hands out suspensions like Halloween candy.

Well, Roger Goodell has just destroyed three weeks of the NFL season. So what does Goodell give himself? An enormous fine? A monthlong suspension?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/michael_rosenberg/09/25/refs-controversy/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t11_a2

:thumbsup::hatsoff:

tony hipchest
09-25-2012, 03:21 PM
a tweeter from another towns fishwrap said this morning how in the past a respected veteran owner in the league whould have stepped in and pretty much seen that the commish put an end to this mess. he then noted how dan rooney is now in ireland.

jerry jones was ripped on sirius radio today. he was asked if he saw the debaucle and stated that he went to bed at halftime. pretty much a giant **** you to the players and fans. he dont give a shit. his money is good.

you would think an owner of his stature would take a more active interest in the product HE is putting out on the field on the weeks biggest stage (or 2nd biggest, whatever).

TRH
09-25-2012, 05:16 PM
i think i take back what i said. I don't know that this incident will cause this to get done. ANY other business, industry, etc, if this happened, there would be an immediate settlement/fix TODAY. It would be a done deal.

But not the NFL. They appear to be digging in harder than ever and even come across as completely in denial. Its unbelievable.

plenewken
09-25-2012, 06:53 PM
http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq202/philippelequerre/NFLrefs.jpg

harrison'samonster
09-25-2012, 07:23 PM
It should be. It's the WWF in '89 out there right now.

Hulkamania was running wild!

Atlanta Dan
09-26-2012, 07:48 AM
i think i take back what i said. I don't know that this incident will cause this to get done. ANY other business, industry, etc, if this happened, there would be an immediate settlement/fix TODAY. It would be a done deal.

But not the NFL. They appear to be digging in harder than ever and even come across as completely in denial. Its unbelievable.

Good article in the New York Times summarizing what is going on

On Tuesday night a person briefed on the negotiations said owners were dug in and resistant to more compromise.

It is Goodell’s job to maneuver between those disparate camps, while also taking the long view of the league’s future. While he cannot afford to let the integrity of competition be sullied by substandard officiating — some owners vehemently deny that has happened even now,:toofunny: — the league is also aware that every other group, from television partners to players to sponsors, is watching the negotiation closely. If the league is seen as giving in, owners fear it could change the dynamics of other negotiations in the future. And that, ultimately, could jeopardize their winning streak in business matters.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/26/sports/football/nfl-commissioner-goodell-caught-between-bad-calls-and-owners.html?ref=sports

So it is a combination of the owners not wanting to give in to the refs, denial that this farce is even a problem, and a concern that while this dispute is for lunch money from the owner's perspective it could lead to a perception in future negotiations for TV rights and other big boy contracts that the league can be rolled.

GoFor7
09-26-2012, 09:35 AM
Good article in the New York Times summarizing what is going on

On Tuesday night a person briefed on the negotiations said owners were dug in and resistant to more compromise.

It is Goodell’s job to maneuver between those disparate camps, while also taking the long view of the league’s future. While he cannot afford to let the integrity of competition be sullied by substandard officiating — some owners vehemently deny that has happened even now,:toofunny: — the league is also aware that every other group, from television partners to players to sponsors, is watching the negotiation closely. If the league is seen as giving in, owners fear it could change the dynamics of other negotiations in the future. And that, ultimately, could jeopardize their winning streak in business matters.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/26/sports/football/nfl-commissioner-goodell-caught-between-bad-calls-and-owners.html?ref=sports

So it is a combination of the owners not wanting to give in to the refs, denial that this farce is even a problem, and a concern that while this dispute is for lunch money from the owner's perspective it could lead to a perception in future negotiations for TV rights and other big boy contracts that the league can be rolled.

Hey now, give the owners a break. It's only poor little $9 billion dollar industry..... :coffee:

TRH
09-26-2012, 02:09 PM
this is absurd. The entire western world finds a problem with this....a BIG....problem. Except for the NFL office. Truly unbelievable.

TRH
09-26-2012, 02:23 PM
apparently, several media outlets are reporting this afternoon that the end is in sight and a deal may be struck very soon.
We'll see....

GoFor7
09-26-2012, 10:58 PM
ESPN and NFLN reporting a deal is done and the regular officials are no longer locked out.

We'll hate them again in a few weeks.

Fire Arians
09-26-2012, 11:37 PM
Hulkamania was running wild!

FEEL THE POWER OF THE WARRRIOOOORRRRRRRR

cF4ZTcuhixc