PDA

View Full Version : James Harrison Leaves Steelers Facility Prior to Wednesday Practice

Fire Arians
09-26-2012, 12:27 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/09/report-james-harrison-leaves-steelers-facility-prior-to-wednesday-practice/

not good

:banging::banging::banging::banging::banging:

Fire Haley
09-26-2012, 12:37 PM
'Harrison might need micro-fracture surgery on the knee"

oh joy

StainlessStill
09-26-2012, 12:39 PM
And the good news just keeps on comin!

Shawn Merriman anyone? We need a body to rush the f*ckin passer. ANYBODY! Fat Worlids and Gildong-Widelooprush Carter isn't getting it done.

maddog78
09-26-2012, 12:48 PM
They're going to have to change up scheme to be successful now. Playing CBs off the line and rushing 4 isn't going to cut it.

Fire Haley
09-26-2012, 12:51 PM
Shawne Merriman anyone?

IF Harrison is done we NEED to go get a pass rusher - I don't care who - any warm body is better than the stiffs we got replacing him.

StainlessStill
09-26-2012, 12:59 PM
The more I think about it, the more I'm getting ancy with the window of this defense. Seeing guys like Keisel and Hampton out there taking away reps from guys like Heyward and McClendon is starting to get to me.

Not only that, but watching Seattle's first round pick the other night (Bruce Irvin) tear shit UP for the Seahawks defense had me thinking all over again about our own Sean Spence and what could have been.

Losing Harrison is going to be a sloberknocker, and not in a good way.

Atlanta Dan
09-26-2012, 01:05 PM
'Harrison might need micro-fracture surgery on the knee"

oh joy

The microfracture surgery possibility was the steelersdepot blogger's addition to Ed.B. tweeting that Harrison left practice - but it definitely is a bad sign

Still mystified why the issue with Harrison's knee lingered into late Augsut without surgery until then

He clearly would not go this Sunday - hoping for the best something works out before Oct 7

Fire Arians
09-26-2012, 01:07 PM
if harrison is gone for most/all of the year, i don't think troy returning healthy will matter much to how the defense performs. the scheme is designed around pressure from the linebackers and right now, the only linebacker we have that can get to the QB is woodley

Atlanta Dan
09-26-2012, 01:10 PM
if harrison is gone for most/all of the year, i don't think troy returning healthy will matter much to how the defense performs. the scheme is designed around pressure from the linebackers and right now, the only linebacker we have that can get to the QB is woodley

Which gets back to Timmons underperforming on his contract - Foote has played better than I expected but pressure up the middle on some pass rushes would help

Harrison has been wearing down since 2010 and the idea Timmons was the next great LB looks more and more dubious

tony hipchest
09-26-2012, 01:13 PM
our scheme is designed around NT and De's taking up multiple blockers to free the LB's to get pressure on the qb's thus providing opportunities for our secondary to stop the pass.

everything works in concert.

mcclendon and heyward are incapable of taking up multiple blockers. sure they look great in practice but they are practicing against our offensive line who cant run block or prevent a sack for shit.

Fire Haley
09-26-2012, 01:15 PM
Maybe Tomlin just gave James the day off to go get more donuts for his crew

tony hipchest
09-26-2012, 01:19 PM
:shout:-PANIC!!!!

lets just pretend for a second here that James responded well to yesterdays practice and is indeed on a 4 day donut run...

#Steelers off Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun, return to practice Monday, then starting preparing for 2 games in 5 days.

steelfury02
09-26-2012, 01:28 PM
:banging:

Fire Haley
09-26-2012, 01:41 PM
I'm still holding out hope he's just on a donut run...or maybe his dog died.

I guess I'll wait till there is actually something real stated before I go completely off the deep end over him being in street clothes leaving practice

Darkstorm05
09-26-2012, 01:41 PM
No game this week, so no big deal just yet. Let's just wait and see what we know this time next week. Will be plenty of time to worry then.

tony hipchest
09-26-2012, 01:51 PM
so much for the "tryin to keep it positive theory" :doh:

steelersdepot is now reporting that ed b. is reporting that james' knee DID NOT respond well to yesterdays practice, which can only mean his knee is swolen like a cantaloupe and he has been sent home for the week.

Fire Haley
09-26-2012, 01:53 PM
So can we panic now Uncle Tony?

tony hipchest
09-26-2012, 02:10 PM

(still holding out hope he just needs an additional week of rest but am certainly not holding my breath). :dang:

whats the recovery time for microfracture surgery?

TRH
09-26-2012, 02:14 PM
without overreacting.......i just have a feeling Harrison is done here and its over. Wouldn't surprise me in the least. I'm fully expecting it.

Fire Haley
09-26-2012, 02:16 PM

at 34?

forget about it...he'll be needing a replacement knee

tony hipchest
09-26-2012, 02:20 PM
:banging:

Atlanta Dan
09-26-2012, 02:25 PM
Gerry Dulac tweeted this back on August 29 when Harrison first tried to practice

Gerry Dulac‏@gerrydulac

If James Harrison’s knee swells this time when he returns to practice Monday, do not be surprised if he doesn't play for a loooong time. .

https://twitter.com/gerrydulac/status/240901914538160128

In hindsight it appears the word was out this might be a huge problem

I agree that this is the last year for James in Pittsburgh - glad he got the big contract - he earned it (which is more than can be said for Timmons so far)

Fire Haley
09-26-2012, 02:28 PM
good thing we have that bye now, huh?

But it's still just one report - let's see if another week off helps - try again next week

maddog78
09-26-2012, 02:30 PM

And he spends most of his time in coverage.

LeBeau has to adjust. Will be interesting to see what he does.

steelfury02
09-26-2012, 02:30 PM
even more reason to start taking some more risks with scheme and personnel

maddog78
09-26-2012, 02:31 PM
so much for the "tryin to keep it positive theory" :doh:

steelersdepot is now reporting that ed b. is reporting that james' knee DID NOT respond well to yesterdays practice, which can only mean his knee is swolen like a cantaloupe and he has been sent home for the week.

So you're reporting that steelersdepot is reporting that Ed Bouchette is reporting that his knee is shot?

Crap.

Darkstorm05
09-26-2012, 02:33 PM

(still holding out hope he just needs an additional week of rest but am certainly not holding my breath). :dang:

If it really is that, he's done for the year. If everything went 100% well, he'd only be on crutches for about 5 weeks, after which a period of light duty.

Fire Haley
09-26-2012, 02:34 PM
OK Bring in Merriman for a cup of coffee and a workout.

Atlanta Dan
09-26-2012, 02:36 PM
So you're reporting that steelersdepot is reporting that Ed Bouchette is reporting that his knee is shot?

Crap.

Ed.B. first tweeted it and now has reported it

Things don’t look good for James Harrison’s return to the playing field any time soon.

Harrison left the Steelers training facility this morning in street clothes and did not practice. I was told his left knee was bothering him again. That’s the knee that has kept him virtually on the sidelines since the spring.

Harrison, who had surgery on his knee Aug. 15, practiced on Tuesday. Afterward, he said on Twitter: “Just finished my first day of full practice, hopefully everything goes well tomorrow!”

Well, that hope now seems out the window

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/118250-ed-harrisons-knee-did-not-respond-well-misses-practice

The microfracture surgery speculation comes from steelersdepot, not from Ed.B.

steelfury02
09-26-2012, 02:37 PM
On the bright side, if we can't get pressure with anyone we can always just double team the #1, #2, and #3 receiver! Yuck Yuck.:chuckle:

Darkstorm05
09-26-2012, 02:40 PM
I have a feeling if we don't see him back the game after the bye, we may never see him back again. If it's still shot at that point, I would expect him to need further surgery. I also would not expect us to continue paying him 10 mil a year to pilot crutches around the facility.

It would be great if he does come back and is still dominant, but I'm not that hopeful of it.

Goldsteel86
09-26-2012, 02:47 PM

Crap.

Try to spin it anyway you want, it doesn't matter if it came from Steelers Depot or not, the report is out there and hoping for the best right now seem like the only hope there is. I believe DeCastro will be seen on the field at Heinz before Harrison will.

Fire Haley
09-26-2012, 02:54 PM
He had "minor surgery" on Aug 15th

maybe he's just a slow healer

Goldsteel86
09-26-2012, 03:16 PM
He had "minor surgery" on Aug 15th

maybe he's just a slow healer

Looks like it has turned into "Major" problems since Aug 15th! :doh:

Buddha Bus
09-26-2012, 03:41 PM
http://blog.tmcnet.com/voice-of-ip/images/Dads%20Army%20Frazier%20-%20doomed.png

MACH1
09-26-2012, 03:42 PM
Shit!

Thats all I got.

steelfury02
09-26-2012, 03:43 PM
WE'RE DOOMED. WE'RE AAAAALLL DOOOOOMED!

http://www.headinjurytheater.com/friday%2013th%201%20ralph%20is%20awesome.jpg

Darkstorm05
09-26-2012, 04:17 PM
Doom'd?

http://www.gusthebassdog.org/images/doom.gif

Hawaii 5-0
09-26-2012, 04:27 PM
James Harrison Leaves Practice, Knee Is 'Bothering Him,' According to Source

By Neal Coolong ON SEP 26, 2012

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/94831/128801847_standard_1348690761_500.jpg

Injured Steelers linebacker misses the team's last practice before the bye week.

Post-Gazette reporter Ed Bouchette reported (via. Jamison Hensely of ESPN) Steelers outside linebacker left the south side facility this afternoon without practicing, and a source told Bouchette his knee is "bothering him."

Harrison had arthroscopic surgery on his right knee Aug. 15, and has barely practiced since. He did do some work before Pittsburgh's Week 1 game at Denver, but was ruled inactive for that game as well as those in Weeks 2 and 3.

How much any of this means is suspect. The Steelers don't play this weekend, and it would seem strange they would trot Harrison out for a full workout before giving the players four days off for their bye week.

His absence, though, has been a big factor in the Steelers' 1-2 start. There's some improvement starting to show from Chris Carter and Jason Worilds, but with teams attacking the Steelers in the flats and short curls - right around where Harrison's physical presence is best utilized - quarterbacks should expect their game plans to include a heavy dose of their shorter throws.

It's worked well for both Broncos QB Peyton Manning and Raiders QB Carson Palmer, who have gone a combined 43-for-60 (71.6 percent) for 455 yards and five touchdowns. The Steelers are 0-2, facing both of these quarterbacks on the road and surrendering 65 points.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/9/26/3413452/steelers-injury-report-bye-week-james-harrison

WVABE
09-26-2012, 04:37 PM
Get ready for more high scoring games.

Steelers 49 - Eagles 48

Fire Arians
09-26-2012, 04:41 PM
Get ready for more high scoring games.

Steelers 49 - Eagles 48

77-64 Steelers, got ben on my fantasy team! :thumbsup:

Fire Haley
09-26-2012, 04:54 PM
I think I got it figured out...

Tomlin: "You ready to practice today James?"

James: "Well, my knee is still bothering me coach"

Tomlin: "OK then, enjoy your 4, no, make it 5 days off"

James: "Woo-hoo! I'm going dancing in South Beach! ..see ya"

Hawaii 5-0
09-26-2012, 05:04 PM

no way, Michael Vick sucks...

77-57 Steelers :chuckle:

StainlessStill
09-26-2012, 05:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

Bayz101
09-26-2012, 05:55 PM
I know our defense hasn't done well on the road, but it WILL shut Vick down at home. 31-17 Pittsburgh.

teegre
09-26-2012, 05:55 PM
They're going to have to change up scheme to be successful now. Playing CBs off the line and rushing 4 isn't going to cut it.

The problem is that SEA can rush four, because they have great pass-rushers. Clemons is a beast (that one was for you, El-Gonzo).

My fear is blitzing six or seven, leaving the CBs in man... and getting burned deep... because, thus far, the CBs have not shown me that they are very capable.

So, pick our poison:

1. Rush four; get no push. Drop seven into coverage; hope that the QB can't find anyone open.

2. Blitz six; hope to get to the QB. Drop five into coverage. If those first six fail... ugh... TD.

I choose... 1... no... 2... no... 1... no... 2... no... 1... no...

teegre
09-26-2012, 05:57 PM

Me, too.
And, Wallace and AB.

Realisitcally, I'd love five TDs: 2 to Wallace; 2 to AB; and 1 to Heath (because, I like Heath).

35-19

teegre
09-26-2012, 06:00 PM
good thing we have that bye now, huh?

Why did they not put him on the PUP list!?! They could have kept one more OLB, even for six weeks...

And, obviously, why was this surgery not done in APRIL!?!?!

sloppyjoe
09-26-2012, 06:48 PM
good thiung he didnt take care of this in the off season.
no sense trying to be ready for otas and camp when you can prolong taking care of your knee and have all that extra time off so you dont have to practice.
eh, he got his money. he's good.

Hawaii 5-0
09-26-2012, 06:50 PM
And, obviously, why was this surgery not done in APRIL!?!?!

that's what I can't understand...

MasterOfPuppets
09-26-2012, 06:53 PM
http://blog.tmcnet.com/voice-of-ip/images/Dads%20Army%20Frazier%20-%20doomed.png
pTifdoKXoxM

6RingsAndCounting
09-26-2012, 07:01 PM
Sooo.. now we have shit for corners, half ass linebacking core, defensive linemen that should be in a nursing home, plus our safteys havent played together all year..

yay

jjpro11
09-26-2012, 09:07 PM
All this in a year we might not even have the Penguins. **** it!

tony hipchest
09-26-2012, 09:24 PM
All this in a year we might not even have the Penguins. **** it!

someone already stole the pirates and replaced them with the astros. :hunch:

AgentGold007
09-27-2012, 12:25 AM
The offense will just have to score 50 points per game... piece of cake.

PhantomJB93
09-27-2012, 01:53 AM
I think if Polamalu can come back for Philly, Heyward and Mclendon start for Hood and Hampton, and we rush the hell out of Woodley instead of repeatedly dropping him into coverage, we'll be fine without Harrison. Not great, maybe not even good, but fine.

maddog78
09-27-2012, 06:57 AM
I think if Polamalu can come back for Philly, Heyward and Mclendon start for Hood and Hampton, and we rush the hell out of Woodley instead of repeatedly dropping him into coverage, we'll be fine without Harrison. Not great, maybe not even good, but fine.

Unfortunately, Polamalu playing is probably the only one of those things that will happen. Old habits die hard in Pittsburgh. We're going to ride Keis, Hampton, and the same schemes all year.

At some point, Tomlin needs to step in if it keeps failing.

steelfury02
09-27-2012, 08:41 AM
awesome Aliens vid
To the Steelers D:
"You better secure that shit . . ."

Beachum:
"With those defenders running around? You can count me out.

teegre
09-27-2012, 08:50 AM
awesome Aliens vid
To the Steelers D:

Beachum:

The losses mostly come on the west coast... mostly.

Fire Haley
09-27-2012, 10:39 AM
Steelers notebook: LB Harrison doesn’t practice

Pro Bowl linebacker James Harrison still hasn’t practiced on consecutive days since undergoing knee surgery in mid-August, a sign his return isn’t imminent following the bye week.

Whenever he has exerted the knee, it fails to respond the following day.

It’s obvious the defense misses Harrison, who was optimistic Wednesday the knee might be improving after he went through a full practice the day before.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2661709-85/steelers-week-mundy-officials-signals-defense-helmet-knee-linebacker-afc#axzz27gWJE0bA

Atlanta Dan
09-27-2012, 10:52 AM
It would surprise no one if they performed another scope on his knee in a last-ditch effort to fix it.:banging:

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/118261-ed-steelers-welcome-refs-back

Yeah - that will work

At this point I wonder if 2012 will be an early season flameout like 2003 or 2006:noidea:

Goldsteel86
09-27-2012, 11:14 AM
someone already stole the pirates and replaced them with the astros. :hunch:

:banging: :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging:

teegre
09-27-2012, 01:07 PM
Whenever he has exerted the knee, it fails to respond the following day.

IDEA: No practice. Play on Sunday. Rehab on Monday... rest on Tuesday... and rest on every day until Sunday.

Steelers>NFL
09-27-2012, 01:49 PM
Like someone said, Mike Merriman. Think Deebo's time is just about up - right now. Sad but true!
Time to move on and get a good replacement in place - right now.

Fire Haley
09-27-2012, 02:02 PM
IDEA: No practice. Play on Sunday. Rehab on Monday... rest on Tuesday... and rest on every day until Sunday.

I can hear the bone on bone grinding in his knee already

Rick5895
09-27-2012, 02:42 PM
I think it's time for silverback to hang em up. Too bad too, Great player for us!!

Atlanta Dan
09-27-2012, 03:27 PM

Good luck with that - what to do about the Thursday night road game at Tennessee following the Eagles game?:noidea:

Maybe if they rescope Harrison now he might be able to come back in late October?

steelers33
09-27-2012, 03:47 PM
I think he's going to need more surgery. Harrison plays a way were he puts a lot of pressure on his knees. He's always trying to get leverage and be lower than the offensive lineman so he really has to bend. Unfortunately I think due to his play style and age his knees very possibly might be done. Or it gets better because James is a physical specimen, and maybe age isn't too big of a factor because he doesn't have a lot of mileage from earlier in his career. Who knows.

Hawaii 5-0
09-27-2012, 04:15 PM
On the Steelers: Harrison suffers another setback

Linebacker leaves facility before practice as left knee responds adversely to full practice Tuesday; hopes for Oct. 7 return

September 27, 2012
By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

http://d4493f2df0d1b95cfc62-773cd17a86049dd672fafb96394debed.r5.cf2.rackcdn.co m/2012/270/716/lebeau_420.jpg

It was a bye week for his teammates. For linebacker James Harrison, it turned into a goodbye week.

The hope that the five-time Pro Bowl linebacker expressed about the condition of his left knee after practicing Tuesday, turned to disappointment Wednesday when he left the Steelers training facility before practice because his knee bothered him.

"It's a little bit of a setback," said agent Bill Parise, who spoke with Harrison after he went home. "Hopefully, it's not something that will derail our plans."

The knee's adverse reaction to his second full practice of the year does not bode well.

Harrison, 34, who had surgery on his knee Aug. 15, practiced Tuesday. Afterward, he wrote on Twitter: "Just finished my first day of full practice, hopefully everything goes well tomorrow!"

That hope now seems out the window, and it looks more like Harrison will miss his fourth game when the Steelers resume play Oct. 7 against Philadelphia at Heinz Field. The Steelers have four days off and return to practice Monday.

Harrison missed most of the spring practices because of the ailing knee, then was placed on the physically-unable-to-perform list to open training camp. The arthroscopic surgery removed some cartilage in the meniscus that was thought to cause swelling. He did not practice at all in camp and did not become eligible until the Steelers removed him from the PUP list Aug. 28.

He went through a full practice the Monday before the season opener, was limited in the next practice Wednesday and had not practiced since until Tuesday.

Harrison, the NFL's defensive player of the year in 2008, missed five games last season, four with a broken orbital bone, one because of an NFL suspension for an illegal hit. Before that, he was somewhat of an iron man.

Taking his place at right outside linebacker have been two young players. Chris Carter, a fifth-round draft choice in 2011, has started all three games. Jason Worilds, a second-round pick in 2010 who also spent all of training camp on the PUP following wrist surgery, rotates with Carter.

"I think that's the main thing coach [Keith Butler] likes to do is keep us fresh out there, especially with us being two young guys," Carter said. "So he rotates us as much as he can."

The two of them have not come close to the impact play that Harrison produced. Worilds has one sack and one quarterback pressure. Carter has no sacks or pressures, but two pass deflections.

Harrison has made the Pro Bowl each of his five seasons as a starter. He ranks fourth in team history with 58 official sacks and his 26 forced fumbles rank second. He set the Steelers record with 16 sacks in 2008, when he also had seven forced fumbles.

The Steelers have five sacks this season.

"James is an amazing player, so we take it as a badge of honor to be able to step in for such an accomplished player," Carter said.

Quick hits

• Unlike Harrison, Troy Polamalu has gone through two full practices this week and could be ready to return to play against the Eagles. Polamalu missed the past two games because of a calf injury.

• Rookie tackle Mike Adams, who missed the game last week because of a back injury, also appears to be recovered.

• Safety Ryan Mundy was fined $21,000 by the NFL for his hit that knocked out Oakland wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey, ESPN reported.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/on-the-steelers-harrison-suffers-another-setback-654988/#ixzz27hOxM5ET

casteeler
09-27-2012, 06:21 PM
This years draft has improved nothing(no fault to DeCastro). Defensively the Steelers look worse, Troy will improve the defense somewhat but Harrison hasn't been.....well Harrison since the middle of last season. I wonder when the Steelers might try a 4-3 defense due to underperforming LBs and zero CB reliability.

GoFor7
09-27-2012, 08:33 PM
awesome Aliens vid
To the Steelers D:

Beachum:

Starks to blitzing LB:
"Get away from Ben you BITCH!"

Here's a joke: Do you know what Goodell would do if he found out Harrison's favorite movie was Aliens?

He'd take credit for Alien 3. :thumbsup:

beer72
09-28-2012, 07:47 AM
Yea this one kinda sucks!:mad:

sloppyjoe
09-28-2012, 03:06 PM
On the Steelers: Harrison suffers another setback

Linebacker leaves facility before practice as left knee responds adversely to full practice Tuesday; hopes for Oct. 7 return

September 27, 2012
By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

http://d4493f2df0d1b95cfc62-773cd17a86049dd672fafb96394debed.r5.cf2.rackcdn.co m/2012/270/716/lebeau_420.jpg

It was a bye week for his teammates. For linebacker James Harrison, it turned into a goodbye week.

The hope that the five-time Pro Bowl linebacker expressed about the condition of his left knee after practicing Tuesday, turned to disappointment Wednesday when he left the Steelers training facility before practice because his knee bothered him.

"It's a little bit of a setback," said agent Bill Parise, who spoke with Harrison after he went home. "Hopefully, it's not something that will derail our plans."The knee's adverse reaction to his second full practice of the year does not bode well.

Harrison, 34, who had surgery on his knee Aug. 15, practiced Tuesday. Afterward, he wrote on Twitter: "Just finished my first day of full practice, hopefully everything goes well tomorrow!"

That hope now seems out the window, and it looks more like Harrison will miss his fourth game when the Steelers resume play Oct. 7 against Philadelphia at Heinz Field. The Steelers have four days off and return to practice Monday.

Harrison missed most of the spring practices because of the ailing knee, then was placed on the physically-unable-to-perform list to open training camp. The arthroscopic surgery removed some cartilage in the meniscus that was thought to cause swelling. He did not practice at all in camp and did not become eligible until the Steelers removed him from the PUP list Aug. 28.

He went through a full practice the Monday before the season opener, was limited in the next practice Wednesday and had not practiced since until Tuesday.

Harrison, the NFL's defensive player of the year in 2008, missed five games last season, four with a broken orbital bone, one because of an NFL suspension for an illegal hit. Before that, he was somewhat of an iron man.

Taking his place at right outside linebacker have been two young players. Chris Carter, a fifth-round draft choice in 2011, has started all three games. Jason Worilds, a second-round pick in 2010 who also spent all of training camp on the PUP following wrist surgery, rotates with Carter.

"I think that's the main thing coach [Keith Butler] likes to do is keep us fresh out there, especially with us being two young guys," Carter said. "So he rotates us as much as he can."

The two of them have not come close to the impact play that Harrison produced. Worilds has one sack and one quarterback pressure. Carter has no sacks or pressures, but two pass deflections.

Harrison has made the Pro Bowl each of his five seasons as a starter. He ranks fourth in team history with 58 official sacks and his 26 forced fumbles rank second. He set the Steelers record with 16 sacks in 2008, when he also had seven forced fumbles.

The Steelers have five sacks this season.

"James is an amazing player, so we take it as a badge of honor to be able to step in for such an accomplished player," Carter said.

Quick hits

• Unlike Harrison, Troy Polamalu has gone through two full practices this week and could be ready to return to play against the Eagles. Polamalu missed the past two games because of a calf injury.

• Rookie tackle Mike Adams, who missed the game last week because of a back injury, also appears to be recovered.

• Safety Ryan Mundy was fined $21,000 by the NFL for his hit that knocked out Oakland wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey, ESPN reported.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/on-the-steelers-harrison-suffers-another-setback-654988/#ixzz27hOxM5ET

you ignored the injury until the season started to get paid. your plan didnt get derailed.

Atlanta Dan
10-01-2012, 04:17 PM
This from Ed. B. of the P-G

Some better news for the Steelers today because James Harrison went through another full practice, his teammates said, and Troy Polamalu did as well.

The chances now exist that both Pro Bowlers could return to a defense that has been underperforming without them.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/118325-ed-harrison-returns-to-practice-today

Since he still is on the active roster, I agree "chances now exist" Harrion could play on Sunday, but until he makes it through several consecutive practices without his knee acting up I will not gte my hopes up.

Fire Haley
10-01-2012, 04:19 PM
James Harrison went through another full practice.

now we wait till tomorrow to see if his knee balloons up again