PDA

View Full Version : Steelers turn back the hands of time

SteelerFanInCA
08-03-2006, 11:20 AM
This was a great read. Way to go Steeltown. There is nothing like the black & gold.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9583935

83-Steelers-43
08-03-2006, 11:23 AM
Excellent article! One of the best I have read since being on the boards. Excellent find SFinCA. Definate rep points.

Buzz05
08-03-2006, 11:26 AM
Finally someone outside Steeler Nation gets it!

xpostxscript
08-03-2006, 11:27 AM
Nice read.. Definately good one

SteelerFanInCA
08-03-2006, 11:30 AM
Excellent article! One of the best I have read since being on the boards. Excellent find SFinCA. Definate rep points.
Thanks man, you gotta love the part about just showing up in 4 yellow school buses. To me that's what the Steelers are all about. In a day and age of where everything is all about being flashy, it's nice to see teams like the Steelers having both feet on the ground.

83-Steelers-43
08-03-2006, 11:30 AM
"There was a 4-year-old boy sitting behind me with his mother, and he turned to her in his Jerome Bettis jersey and told her, "I'm glad to see coach letting Santonio Holmes catch some punts." He's too young to understand that much football. At least, I thought a child that young didn't get the game yet, but he and his mom where there to watch some ball."

Breed'em young. :smile:

"There's no way the Steelers players could let these people down, and there's no way the fans could ever turn on the team when times get tough."

You know it. :bouncy:

Afterall, we aren't the Bungals.

"I really never understood why every single person in Pittsburgh wears Steelers clothes everywhere they go. But after my night watching Mr. Rooney turn back the hands of time for three hours, I finally get it."

Good to hear. We are one of a kind.

HometownGal
08-03-2006, 11:35 AM
What an incredibly great read! :smile: I got the goosebumps reading it. :bouncy:

The Steelers are such a class organization but instill very simple principles into their coaches and players. Without a doubt, the Pittsburgh Steelers are the valedictorian of the NFL.

Mosca
08-03-2006, 11:37 AM
Thanks. This is why I'm a Steelers Fan.

BlackNGold203
08-03-2006, 11:47 AM
What a fantastic article!!!!

Mojo to you for the post....I just put one of my Steeler jerseys on...we are so lucky!!!!

RoethlisBURGHer
08-03-2006, 11:56 AM
This is why the Steelers don't have bandwagon fans.

tony hipchest
08-03-2006, 11:57 AM
kirwan is the man along with tim ryan who is a huge steelerfan. they have been talking about this all morning. talking to the players and coaches about it and just glowing over how great a franchise the steelers are and how they got the best most knowlegable fans. gotta agree with 83. possible the best steelers related article ive read.

they just interviewed ben and it had to be the best interview hes ever given (probably cause of the quality of the questions being asked. not much motorcycle talk but a bunch of team and football talk. he sounds like a 10 year vet and totally took control of the conversation. he will NOT be wearing the new jaw protecting "peyton manning" helmet. he said with his line he dont need it. kirwan told him he was "priceless" i agree.

tony hipchest
08-03-2006, 12:05 PM
What an incredibly great read! :smile: I got the goosebumps reading it. :bouncy:

The Steelers are such a class organization but instill very simple principles into their coaches and players. Without a doubt, the Pittsburgh Steelers are the valedictorian of the NFL.both kirwan and ryan were talking how they both had "chicken skin" witnessing it, and even joking how kirwan got misty eyed.

they also talked about the coaches letting them look at and study copies of the scrimmage tape. they said how alot of teams and coaches would never just hand out that type of info of a camp practice. he said the steelers can do that cause theyre tough and gonna line up and come at you whether you know it or not. he said they dont have nothing to hide or nuthing up their sleve. just smashmouth, old school, line em up and knock em down football.

pucho58
08-03-2006, 01:34 PM
Great read

Haiku_Dirtt
08-03-2006, 04:41 PM
Thanks man, you gotta love the part about just showing up in 4 yellow school buses. To me that's what the Steelers are all about. In a day and age of where everything is all about being flashy, it's nice to see teams like the Steelers having both feet on the ground.

If anyone ever needed a better understanding of the Steelers - and Rooneys - I don't think I could ever find a better story to explain it.

Thanks for the post.

Stlrs4Life
08-03-2006, 07:33 PM
That is a cool read!

floodcitygirl
08-03-2006, 09:52 PM
I grew up in a small coal - steel town about an hour from Pittsburgh...never had the opportunity to visit the city much and have never been to Pittsburgh for a game...but in my hometown, the Steeler gear is prevelant any time of the year...and even though I've lived away for more years than I'd like to say, the Steelers are and always will be my team. I get the same feeling every time I watch them take the field. Thanks for a great article. BTW, I go to the Steeler games EVERY time that they are here in Cincy...and I'm hoping to make my first game in Pittsburgh this year...YAY!

SteelCityMan786
08-03-2006, 10:28 PM
Great Article. It just helps time go by faster to make the opening day come sooner.

MattsMe
08-03-2006, 10:43 PM
Excellent article. Thanks for posting.
:sign01: