PDA

View Full Version : Browns vs Ravens & return of real refs

tony hipchest
09-27-2012, 07:40 PM
bad call by the nfl to end the lockout by tonights game.

john harbaugh is going to dress down the returning officials just like they were replacement scabs.

there has never been a flag thrown against his team that he hasnt disputed or said was a bad call.

the last thing the league needs right now is the real refs looking just as incompetent as the high school lingerie ones.

with harbaugh's histrionics on the sidelines pitching his little bitch fits, thats exactly how it is going to appear.

if i were his boss and owner i would instruct him to cut his ****ing act for atleast THIS game, do the unthinkable, and not go out of his way to show anybody up.

but that'll never happen.

Atlanta Dan
09-27-2012, 07:55 PM
Between John Harbaugh's tired act and Belichick affirming his game by grabbing the ref at the end of the Sunday night game I am all in on Houston if the Steelers season falls apart

Bayz101
09-27-2012, 08:05 PM
NOTHING will be more entertaining than what I witnessed on Monday, but I will tune in.

Bayz101
09-27-2012, 08:08 PM
Between John Harbaugh's tired act and Belichick affirming his game by grabbing the ref at the end of the Sunday night game I am all in on Houston if the Steelers season falls apart

If the Steelers weren't a team, who'd be your favorite? I always thought i'd be a Raiders fan, but the young Texans impress me.

tony hipchest
09-27-2012, 08:44 PM
best pre-game quote i heard was about the "ravens manufactured emotion on the sideline".

normally i'd think it was bullshit for the nfl to schedule any team to play thursday night after a sunday night game, but the ravens are served up the cupcake browns at home, who havent been told they no longer have to play w/ replacement players and have no business being in prime time

Bayz101
09-27-2012, 08:57 PM
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/h6-streams

I have a chat and stream going.

ricardisimo
09-27-2012, 11:46 PM
Just a little outside on that last throw, Weeden (read in Bob Uecker's voice, please).

tony hipchest
09-28-2012, 12:10 AM
great THA U lovefest on the nfl newtork post games show with ray lewis, m. irvin, raven lover d. sanders and uber cheerleader r. eisen.

i learned that all teams in history have been just teams but the ravens lockerroom is an actual "brotherhood".

also the "team tragedy" last weekend. i dont know if torrey smiths brother died in amotorcycle accident or if the marshall university team plane went down.

unbelievable. if ray lewis trimmed a hangnail they would applayd him for playing through a potential career ending injury. :dang:

LVSteelersfan
09-28-2012, 01:23 AM
Didnt watch the game close enough tonight to know if the refs had any impact on the game. All I know is the effin Ravens are now 3-1 when they should be 2-2.

Bayz101
09-28-2012, 02:28 AM
Very tame game as far as refs go. Makes me appreciate them.

tony hipchest
09-28-2012, 07:02 PM

how strange would a ATL-HOU superbowl matchup be? 2 teams with virtually no SB experience and a guranteed 1st time winner.

outside of the 2 rather large markets, i wonder if anyone else would even really care?

Atlanta Dan
09-28-2012, 07:08 PM
how strange would a ATL-HOU superbowl matchup be? 2 teams with virtually no SB experience and a guranteed 1st time winner.

outside of the 2 rather large markets, i wonder if anyone else would even really care?

It actually would be a tough ticket since New Orleans is within driving distance of Atlanta and Houston

And everyone always cares about the Super Bowl - if Tampa Bay-Oakland drew a huge audience so would a Falcons-Texans Super Bowl

I actually would enjoy attending a Super Bowl party in Atlanta where everyone else was a nervous wreck and I was just enjoying myself as opposed to parties when the Steelers have been playing and everyone else figures out by halftime that i really do not want to talk about the commercials:chuckle:

TRH
09-29-2012, 08:32 AM

the SB is such an institution that it will get great ratings, thats a given.
However....
In a certain sense, i don't know if i'd use the phrase "no one is going to care", but there would certainly be, at minimum, a dismissive attitude toward it across the board on a certain level and it would likely be forgotten about much faster than the other games. (not that different from a few of the recent sleep-inducing World Series...)
That said....if we aren't in it....i would much rather see something like this. Getting sick of seeing the Giants, Pats, Saints, Packers in the end. Need some new blood showing up at the very end.