PDA

View Full Version : Wake the F**k Up!

Vis
09-28-2012, 10:12 AM
-ZQ-K2qb9PY

Fire Haley
09-28-2012, 10:33 AM
It's a bro thang. He's isn't voting for Romney?

shocking

MACH1
09-28-2012, 02:20 PM
Wheres my free phone.

Vis
09-28-2012, 03:20 PM
Wheres my free phone.

In the racist commercial. Here's some truth not found on Fox

Is this Obama Phone phone real?
http://cdn.theatlanticwire.com/img/upload/2012/09/27/rendered/8045b576b2c123ab45169b821dd9d743_300x173.jpg
Sort of. The Federal Communications Commission has a program called Lifeline that provides low-cost or free phone service. The agency's website (http://www.fcc.gov/guides/universal-service-support-mechanisms) says this is because it and Congress "recognize that telephone service provides a vital link to emergency services, government services and surrounding communities." Who qualifies varies by state, but "in general," to qualify you must have an income that is no more than 135 percent of the federal poverty line, or be enrolled in assistance programs like Medicaid, public housing assistance, discounted school lunch, or yes, food stamps. (This Factcheck.org piece has a good overview (http://www.factcheck.org/2012/05/congressmans-slippery-cell-phone-claim/) of the issue.) Strictly speaking, it's not a government-funded program: the telephone companies make payments to a fund administered by a non-profit called the Universal Service Administrative Company, but anyone with a phone bill chips in through a surcharge on their service.
Is the Obama Phone Obama's doing?
No. The universal service requirement dates back at least to the Communications Act of 1934. The Lifeline program specifically was started in 1984 (http://transition.fcc.gov/Bureaus/Common_Carrier/Reports/FCC-State_Link/Monitor/mr98-2.pdf) under President Reagan and was expanded in 1996 under President Clinton to allow qualifying households to choose to apply the benefit to either a landline or a cell phone. So no, it's not an Obama handout.
Shockingly, despite the bipartisan origins of the service, the idea of an "Obama Phone" for the undeserving has existed for a long time. A couple email forwards, debunked by Snopes.com, were circulating in October 2009 (http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/cellphone.asp) and described poor people shamelessly showing off their free phones:
http://cdn.theatlanticwire.com/img/upload/2012/09/27/rendered/0349e328aa4c949a8a6fb8fd47c42517_539x232.jpg

MasterOfPuppets
09-28-2012, 04:07 PM
how many cell phone bill receipts are turned in to the irs by corporations ? not to mention gas receipts , bar / restaurant tabs , vacation lodgings , etc......

my boss recently had a business parking lot he owned lot paved for 26k ....what the bill doesn't show is his drive way paving at his house was also included in the same bill.

his 2 kids drive around brand new f-150's with a company magnet ,logo on the door and fill the tanks on company credit despite the fact they don't work for the company.

it ain't just the poor people getting the freebies.

Fire Haley
09-28-2012, 05:50 PM
http://thedeathofamerica.org/images/obamaphone.jpg

MasterOfPuppets
09-28-2012, 06:15 PM
S4ZTuitLscM

Vis
09-28-2012, 10:24 PM
I love how you all are trashing a Reagan program. OUt of ignorance, sure but that only adds to my amusement.

Fire Haley
09-28-2012, 11:15 PM
Obama's trying to kill all the Jews and you're worried about cell phones

http://bp1.blogger.com/_orkXxp0bhEA/SHqLi8V2ivI/AAAAAAAAHaY/RZzeT317QiY/s400/080714-obama-osama-michelle-terrorist.jpg

MACH1
09-29-2012, 01:25 AM
I love how you all are trashing a Reagan program. OUt of ignorance, sure but that only adds to my amusement.

Didn't you hear? He didn't build that!

MasterOfPuppets
09-29-2012, 01:39 AM
Ring-Wing Goes Crazy Over 'Obama Phones' Which Are Actually 'Reagan Phones'

Little did they know that the joke was on them.

September 28, 2012 |

Romney’s dwindling army of right-wingers have their hunting vests in a bunch over a new viral video posted on the Drudge Report Thursday afternoon. The minute-long video, which has already gotten more than one million views since it was posted yesterday on YouTube, shows an African American woman in Cleveland voicing her support for President Obama because he gave her a “free phone.” As for her appearance, suffice it to say that she comes across as the living incarnation of the right wing’s stereotypical welfare citizen--which, according to Romney, is now a full 47 percent of the population.

Naturally, the right went rabid.

The Steve Malzberg show, hosted by the notoriously right-wing radio personality, quickly tweeted the video with the comment, “Obama voter. G-d help us.”

Rush Limbaugh’s comments were even more scathing--sprinkled with accusations that the woman lacked basic education except for one topic: how to game the system.

“So these are the people that don't like Romney because of what he said about the 47%? No, these are the 47%! (laughing) Yeah, I'll play it again. These are the 47%... She knows how to get this free Obama phone. She knows everything about it. She may not know who George Washington is or Abraham Lincoln, but she knows how to get an Obama phone,” he said yesterday afternoon. (http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/09/27/the_47_speaks_she_s_voting_for_obama_because_he_ga ve_her_a_free_phone)

But it’s the right that are going to end up looking like the ignorant fools. What Limbaugh, Malzberg -- and likely the majority of the million people who viewed the video -- didn’t know was that these “Obama Phones” are actually a creation of their beloved Ronald Reagan, who began the program (http://transition.fcc.gov/Bureaus/Common_Carrier/Reports/FCC-State_Link/Monitor/mr98-2.pdf)in 1984.

Actually called the “Lifeline program,” the legislation permits some households to receive a free landline under Congress’s rationale (http://www.fcc.gov/guides/universal-service-support-mechanisms) that "telephone service provides a vital link to emergency services, government services and surrounding communities."

That idea dates back to 1934, under the Communications Act, but Reagan was the first to actually implement the legislation. The program grew under President Clinton, who recognized the advent of the newfangled new technology of cordless phones and expanded it to include cell phones.

To qualify for the program you must live in a household with an income near the poverty line or be already qualified for other assistance programs like public housing or food stamps.

Sounds like a very rational program. But in the lead up to the 2012 presidential election it has suddenly become the embodiment of the disgraceful government dependence of the poor--and in particular, minorities.

The video reeks of welfare queen stereotypes, down to the “angry black woman.” In another example of Limbaugh’s ignorance, he first assumed that the women was actually a man--highlighting her supposed lack of femininity--and was then corrected.

White supremacists responded to the video on the site Stormfront by writing, “racial inferiority on display” and calling the woman a “talking baboon.” The slew of racist responses to the video prompted the Atlantic (http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2012/09/just-how-racist-obama-phone-video/57353/)to write a story teasing out “just how racist” the video is.

Their conclusion: fairly racist.

Meanwhile, the program costs about $2.4 billion, which is approximately 2.3% of the amount the federal government spends annually on homeowner mortgage subsidies and a measly 0.38% of the amount the federal government will spend over the next five years on corporate tax breaks. (http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/2011/02/09/10-Big-Corporate-Tax-Breaks.aspx#page1)

Who’s part of the 47% now?

MasterOfPuppets
09-29-2012, 01:47 AM
Wheres my free phone.
http://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/rr20.JPG

MACH1
09-29-2012, 01:51 AM
http://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/rr20.JPG

Now just how in the fuk am I going to text with that thing.

MasterOfPuppets
09-29-2012, 01:59 AM
i remember a few years ago i interupted a GOP circle jerk around a thread about US aid (obama aid) to the palistinians. that traitor kenyan interloper was giving taxpayer dollars to a bunch of US flag burning mooslims....:doh:
i dug up an old article that reported how buuush DOUBLED the aid to palistinians...:toofunny:
and went on to inform readers that palestinians have been suckling on the US taxpayer teets long before arafats lips started quivering ...:sofunny:
needless to say the interest in the thread died rather abruptly ...:noidea:

MACH1
09-29-2012, 02:05 AM
i remember a few years ago i interupted a GOP circle jerk around a thread about US aid (obama aid) to the palistinians. that traitor kenyan interloper was giving taxpayer dollars to a bunch of US flag burning mooslims....:doh:
i dug up an old article that reported how buuush DOUBLED the aid to palistinians...:toofunny:
and went on to inform readers that palestinians have been suckling on the US taxpayer teets long before arafats lips started quivering ...:sofunny:
needless to say the interest in the thread died rather abruptly ...:noidea:

Whats even funnier is when bush does something = bad, obama doubles down on the exact same thing = good. Can't have it both ways.

MasterOfPuppets
09-29-2012, 02:17 AM
Whats even funnier is when bush does something = bad, obama doubles down on the exact same thing = good. Can't have it both ways.
there's no such thing as " good ", when it comes to corrupt self serving scumbags, regardless of who's banner they take office by.
i can't believe after all they've (repubs & dems) done to destroy this country, people actually think one is any better than the other...:doh:
united we stand divided we fall... this country is about as divided as it gets.
watching two politicians going at it trying to convince the sheeple that they are the countries best hope is about as retarded as rooting for those fake ass wrestlers.
its all just a show to distract and confuse the masses as to what is actually going on behind the seens.

thats correct mach..you can't have it both ways ...most of what obummer has done ,he ripped bushy for before he took office ,for it....the wars , NAFTA , tax cuts for the rich ....but yet he kept most of the policies he preached against !!!....how can anyone in there right mind believe anything any of these scumbags say ? but yet people will keep grabbing that GOP or dem flag and keep marching strait at the cannons like good sheep do. why is nobody willing to hold "their" party accountable ?

the GOP talks like they are the "christian" party , but yet they trot out a mormon as their new leader ? if i'm not mistaken doesn't most if not all "real" christians view mormons in a, not so good way ?

iPfRPWmZq1U

MACH1
09-29-2012, 03:30 AM
I agree with you up til the last part.

Vincent
09-30-2012, 09:13 AM

Its nice that SF can provide amusement to someone of such narrow horizons, and at no expense to the taxpayers. Is this a great country or what?

Vincent
09-30-2012, 09:18 AM
the GOP talks like they are the "christian" party...

The GOP is no more "Christian" than bingo. They are merely the only alternative to a group of people that have completely given themselves to satan.

MasterOfPuppets
09-30-2012, 12:05 PM
The GOP is no more "Christian" than bingo. They are merely the only alternative to a group of people that have completely given themselves to satan.
the mormans ? :huh:

Wallace108
09-30-2012, 01:38 PM
watching two politicians going at it trying to convince the sheeple that they are the countries best hope is about as retarded as rooting for those fake ass wrestlers.
its all just a show to distract and confuse the masses as to what is actually going on behind the seens.

:toofunny:

I made the exact same point at SX yesterday. I even used the wrestling comparison. Mediocre minds think alike. :chuckle:

MasterOfPuppets
10-01-2012, 02:36 AM
:toofunny:

I made the exact same point at SX yesterday. I even used the wrestling comparison. Mediocre minds think alike. :chuckle:
i have contacted my lawyer and he agrees its plagiarism on your behalf and has filed a civil suit ...:popcorn:

seriously though i just can't wrap my head around why some of these people rabidly defend these groups of scumbags like they're framily members ...:noidea:

i don't consider myself a conservative or a liberal , i may have some conservative views on some issues such as economics , which i'll point out the "conservative party" seems to no longer share ,
but i also have some views that might be in line with liberals , such as government shouldn't be sticking there noses into peoples personal lives. i mean if abortion is a morals issue ...guess what, its not MY moral issue, it doesn't effect me or you, or anyone in DC. its a personal matter and that person is the one that has to live with it. nobody else.
there's 310 million people in this country and we're all supposed to all fit into 2 categories ?
thats even more retarded than saying billions of people all fit 1 of the 12 zodiac personalities.like there was 12 personality molds. i mean you can pick something out of all 12 that might describe your personalty...:doh:

ricardisimo
10-01-2012, 03:06 AM
i have contacted my lawyer and he agrees its plagiarism on your behalf and has filed a civil suit ...:popcorn:

seriously though i just can't wrap my head around why some of these people rabidly defend these groups of scumbags like they're framily members ...:noidea:

i don't consider myself a conservative or a liberal , i may have some conservative views on some issues such as economics , which i'll point out the "conservative party" seems to no longer share ,
but i also have some views that might be in line with liberals , such as government shouldn't be sticking there noses into peoples personal lives. i mean if abortion is a morals issue ...guess what, its not MY moral issue, it doesn't effect me or you, or anyone in DC. its a personal matter and that person is the one that has to live with it. nobody else.
there's 310 million people in this country and we're all supposed to all fit into 2 categories ?
thats even more retarded than saying billions of people all fit 1 of the 12 zodiac personalities.like there was 12 personality molds. i mean you can pick something out of all 12 that might describe your personalty...:doh:
12 zodiacal political parties would be absolutely dreamy at this point, MoP.

Wallace108
10-01-2012, 02:30 PM

I realize that I'm starting to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I just don't think that either party represents us anymore. I'm not sure exactly who they are representing ... I just know that it isn't the American people. But we're so busy fighting over which party sucks less that we're not noticing the elephant in the room: BOTH parties suck.

Atlanta Dan
10-01-2012, 03:01 PM
I realize that I'm starting to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I just don't think that either party represents us anymore. I'm not sure exactly who they are representing ... I just know that it isn't the American people. But we're so busy fighting over which party sucks less that we're not noticing the elephant in the room: BOTH parties suck.

Jets owner Woody Johnson disagrees

Woody Johnson has invested in two struggling causes: behind-in-the-polls Mitt Romney and the crashing-and-burning New York Jets. But which one is he rooting harder for? He was asked that this morning on Bloomberg TV, and this answer should not surprise anyone:

"I think you always have to put country first, so I think it's very, very important that, not only for us, but in particular for our kids and grandkids that this election come off with Mitt Romney and Ryan as president and vice president."

There you have it, Jets fans. Country first!

http://deadspin.com/5947911/jets-owner-woody-johnson-would-rather-see-a-victory-for-mitt-romney-than-for-the-jets

As the season unfolds it is clear the Jets are running a lab experiment on how many ways they can antagonize their fans:chuckle:

MasterOfPuppets
10-01-2012, 04:56 PM
wally do you know why its so easy to buy into conspiracy theories?
because they make more sense then the explanations we get from these douchebags (assuming we get one at all) about their decisions.
have you heard even one viable excuse on why our southern border problem has never been a priority by EITHER party despite the vast majority of citizens wants it addressed. ?
i mean after the creation of TSA , homeland security, and passing bills giving government the authority to spy on citizens , or even murder citizens , all in the name of "protecting the country" , but yet ANYBODY could easily walk across the border with a biological weapon or dirty bomb....:noidea:

Vincent
10-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Jets owner Woody Johnson disagrees

Woody Johnson has invested in two struggling causes: behind-in-the-polls Mitt Romney and the crashing-and-burning New York Jets. But which one is he rooting harder for? He was asked that this morning on Bloomberg TV, and this answer should not surprise anyone:

"I think you always have to put country first, so I think it's very, very important that, not only for us, but in particular for our kids and grandkids that this election come off with Mitt Romney and Ryan as president and vice president."

There you have it, Jets fans. Country first!

http://deadspin.com/5947911/jets-owner-woody-johnson-would-rather-see-a-victory-for-mitt-romney-than-for-the-jets

As the season unfolds it is clear the Jets are running a lab experiment on how many ways they can antagonize their fans:chuckle:

Its gratifying to know he'll be vindicated on one front.

Atlanta Dan
10-01-2012, 07:03 PM

Iran's news agency agrees:thumbsup:

The Onion ran this story

Gallup Poll: Rural Whites Prefer Ahmadinejad To Obama

http://o.onionstatic.com/images/18/18216/16x9/635.jpg?7214

According to the results of a Gallup poll released Monday, the overwhelming majority of rural white Americans said they would rather vote for Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad than U.S. president Barack Obama. “I like him better,” said West Virginia resident Dale Swiderski, who, along with 77 percent of rural Caucasian voters, confirmed he would much rather go to a baseball game or have a beer with Ahmadinejad, a man who has repeatedly denied the Holocaust and has had numerous political prisoners executed, than spend time with Obama. “He takes national defense seriously, and he’d never let some gay protesters tell him how to run his country like Obama does.” According to the same Gallup poll, 60 percent of rural whites said they at least respected that Ahmadinejad doesn’t try to hide the fact that he’s Muslim.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/gallup-poll-rural-whites-prefer-ahmadinejad-to-oba,29677/

The Iranians took the bait

The English-language service of Iran's semiofficial Fars news agency republished the story Friday, several days after it appeared in The Onion.

The Iranian version copied the original word-for-word, even including a made-up quote from a fictional West Virginia resident who says he'd rather go to a baseball game with Ahmadinejad because "he takes national defense seriously, and he'd never let some gay protesters tell him how to run his country like Obama does."

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/iranian-news-agency-picks-onion-article-fact

And to their credit stuck by their premise all American politicians suck after admitting they took the bait:chuckle:

"Unfortunately an incorrect item was released on our website on Friday which included a fake opinion poll on popularity rate of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and US President Barack Obama. The news item was extracted from the Satirical Magazine, The Onion, by mistake and it was taken down from our outlook in less two hours," Editor-in-chief of FNA's English Service said.

"We offer our formal apologies for that mistake," he added.

"FNA makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of its reports, however very occasionally mistakes do happen," he said.

"Although it does not justify our mistake, we do believe that if a free opinion poll is conducted in the US, a majority of Americans would prefer anyone outside the US political system to President Barack Obama and American statesmen," he added

http://english.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=9106243132

Vincent
10-02-2012, 10:58 AM
Yes, it IS time that we wake the @#$% up...

pWnwDtc_gJw