PDA

View Full Version : Charge against Steelers WR Homes dropped

SteelerFanInCA
08-03-2006, 01:12 PM
I guess it was only a matter of time. Can we play some football now?

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/PIT/9584109

Prosdo
08-03-2006, 01:15 PM
Good news. Let's hope this is the last we hear about any problems with the cops and him.

AZ_Steeler
08-03-2006, 01:16 PM
This is great news! Hopefully, he can put all his past troubles behind him now and play some football! Of course if he has a significant positive impact on the Steelers season the fans will easily forget everything that happened.

83-Steelers-43
08-03-2006, 01:19 PM
Now wait, that's just for the disorderly conduct........he still has the domestic abuse court date correct?

SteelerFanInCA
08-03-2006, 01:22 PM
Now wait, that's just for the disorderly conduct........he still has the domestic abuse court date correct?
I believe in a few weeks. I figured he will probably walk away from that one as well.

83-Steelers-43
08-03-2006, 01:24 PM
I believe in a few weeks. I figured he will probably walk away from that one as well.

That would be my guess. She won't testify.

Eitherway, it will be great once he get's all this behind him. If he stays out of trouble (which I think he will do), it will all be forgotten after that first TD catch and the harshest of critics (media and fans) will crawl back into their holes.

Great to hear he's in camp and working with and learning from Hines Ward.

Indy_Steelers
08-03-2006, 01:25 PM
the DV case comes up in court Aug 15th in Columbus, OH.

SteelerFanInCA
08-03-2006, 01:26 PM
That would be my guess. She won't testify.

Eitherway, it will be great once he get's all this behind him. If he stays out of trouble (which I think he will do), it will all be forgotten after that first TD catch and the harshest of critics (media and fans) will crawl back into their holes.
You've got that right. This will be so far behind us once he starts putting up big plays.

SteelCityMan786
08-03-2006, 01:26 PM
It looks like the Barry Bonds Case. THEY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH EVIDENCE TO PROSECUTE A HAM SANDWICH.

Haiku_Dirtt
08-03-2006, 02:16 PM

And that will take substancially more than $250 to the police officers assistance trust fund. I'm thinking closer to $250,000 to the mother-of-two-children assistance trust fund. Hopefully she'll use it wisely.

I thought the Miami cops would wait until after we play the Dolphins.

Koopa
08-03-2006, 03:19 PM
well he didn't do anything no one else was doing. it was just the stupid cops being dickheads on a holiday weekend

SteelerzGirl
08-03-2006, 03:25 PM
Great news regarding Santonio. My guess is that the domestic violence charge will be dismissed/dropped, as well, because the mama of his baby won't testify. :dollar: :dollar:

Let's hope he walks the straight and narrow from here on out. :smile:

RoethlisBURGHer
08-03-2006, 03:32 PM
I expect the DV charge to be dropped soon to.If she won't testify,then they have no case.

I think Holmes will walk the line now that he's entrenched with the team.Hines Ward has taken him under his wing and I think that'll open Santonio's eyes to what it means to be a Pittsburgh Steeler.

SteelerzGirl
08-03-2006, 03:36 PM
I expect the DV charge to be dropped soon to.If she won't testify,then they have no case.

I think Holmes will walk the line now that he's entrenched with the team.Hines Ward has taken him under his wing and I think that'll open Santonio's eyes to what it means to be a Pittsburgh Steeler.

I agree that Hines taking Santonio under his wing will make a huge difference. The team is behind Santonio and is a tightknit bunch. These guys are gonna be terrors on the field this year! :bouncy:

Koopa
08-03-2006, 03:40 PM
what if it's a reverse and holmes rubs off on hines and hines starts getting arrested, and not signing autographs to pushy fans and not answering the phone when he supposedly gets a call??? that would be funny lol

RoethlisBURGHer
08-03-2006, 03:40 PM
I agree that Hines taking Santonio under his wing will make a huge difference. The team is behind Santonio and is a tightknit bunch. These guys are gonna be terrors on the field this year! :bouncy:

Oh God,I just can't wait.

I wish I was in Latrobe with my people.The closest I can get to Latrobe is drinking a Rolling Rock.

Instead,I am stuck in Cleveland with a bunch of idiots that bark at people and eat dog treats.

SteelerzGirl
08-03-2006, 03:54 PM
what if it's a reverse and holmes rubs off on hines and hines starts getting arrested, and not signing autographs to pushy fans and not answering the phone when he supposedly gets a call??? that would be funny lol

Oh you! Shush! That wouldn't be funny at all...(lol). :smile:

Atlanta Dan
08-03-2006, 04:12 PM
It looks like the Barry Bonds Case. THEY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH EVIDENCE TO PROSECUTE A HAM SANDWICH.

"It looks like the Barry Bonds case"!!!???

I am no fan of Santonio, but even I would never equate what Holmes is alleged to have done to date with Barry's misdeeds.

Just because the first grand jury has not indicted, another grand jury now has Barry's case - he is far from home free.

In addition, does anyone actually believe that Barry was not lying when he testified, under oath before the grand jury, that Barry did not know what "the cream"and "the clear" were?

Saying Holmes' troubles look like the Barry Bonds case is about as complimentary as saying "it looks like the OJ Simpson case," since The Juice was acquitted.

Patssuck456
08-03-2006, 04:44 PM

Yeah, but he's got to keep put of trouble. Just because you are an athlete does not mean you are above the law.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-03-2006, 05:06 PM
Yeah, but he's got to keep put of trouble. Just because you are an athlete does not mean you are above the law.

True,but when the person allegedly abused doesn't want to testify there ends up being no case.Maybe she wasn't abused,maybe she was and realized if she goes through she won't see any of Santonio's money.

But like I said,I think he's gonna be fine.Lets hope he got whatever crime-breaking he had in him out of his system and is ready to be a Pittsburgh Steeler instead of a Cincinnati Bengal.

83-Steelers-43
08-03-2006, 07:10 PM

LOL...:sofunny:

LambertIsGod58
08-03-2006, 07:43 PM
now maybe some of Steelers "fans" can get off this kid's back....And by being forced to make a donation to a law enforcement fund, extortion sound familiar?

Stlrs4Life
08-03-2006, 08:18 PM
Well, that';s good news, at least the police make $250 out of it.

SteelerMurf
08-03-2006, 09:13 PM
I wasn't worried about this charge at all anyway, it's the one with his girlfriend I worry about.

Polamalu43
08-04-2006, 12:45 AM
Good news. Let's hope this is the last we hear about any problems with the cops and him.

yeah i agree in think it will, i tihnk the kid learned his lesson already