PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Arians new Head Coach of Colts...

tony hipchest
10-01-2012, 11:43 AM
...on an interim basis while Chuck Pagano Begins leukemia therapy.

best wishes and speedy recovery to him. I bet even Bruce never woulda wanted to gat a HC job this way.

I am completely stunned the man i thought would NEVER be a HC finally is. I cant wait to see this unfold and hope for everyones sake its not a trainwreck.

Atlanta Dan
10-01-2012, 12:17 PM
Hope for the best for Coach Pagano - health issues can come out of nowhere or, as my late minister used to say, life is what happens to you while you are making other plans

Meanwhile we have this story/valentine on acting HC Arians

Arians is expected to oversee an offense that leans on a power running game and passing attack that is diverse and tight-end heavy

http://www.indystar.com/article/20121001/SPORTS03/121001009/New-offensive-coordinator-Bruce-Arians-demands-accountability?nclick_check=1

Uh-huh:noidea:

Lady Steel
10-01-2012, 11:13 PM
I cant wait to see this unfold and hope for everyones sake its not a trainwreck.

I know it's going to be. :chuckle:

Hoping for a speedy recovery for Coach Pagano, as well.

LVSteelersfan
10-02-2012, 12:35 AM
I guess we should have held on to him and fired Tomlin.

LVSteelersfan
10-02-2012, 12:38 AM
Sorry mods. I didn't see this in the NFL section. Go ahead and delete it or move it into that thread.

tony hipchest
10-02-2012, 01:05 AM
i certainly have no reason to hope arians falls flat on his face despite always believing he was never fit for a head coaching job.

i have to admit though, i cant wait for his press conferences. i bet even jim irsay will be like "dude, you just need to shut the **** up".

chuck pagano looks to be hospitalized 4-6 weeks, and probably be receiving treatment even after that.

this is arians gig now, probably for the better part of the rest of the season. regardles if he crashes and burns or proves all doubters wrong, i anticipate the results and wish him well. he's the colts problem, now.

tony hipchest
10-03-2012, 03:55 PM
not one to disappoint, bruce is the gift that keeps on giving (from the beat writers covering his presser)-

Mike Chappell‏@mchappell51
Arians: more interested in the colts than the packers. our 5-star players have to show up in big game.

Mike Chappell‏@mchappell51
Arians: just do what we do. don't get caught up with snot-bubbles and tears. they don't beat anything. :chuckle: brilliant

Phillip B Wilson‏@pwilson24
#Colts Arians on weekly preparation in #NFL: "If you don't get ready, you get beat." :scholar:

#Colts Arians on Matthews: "I don't think you can overly concern yourself with (one) guy." :doh: even if he is 1 of the nfl's leading sack getters

#Colts Arians on his dual role, says some tasks being delegated. "It's just a matter of getting the head-sets figured out" to limit voices. :rolleyes:

#Colts Arians doesn't want too many assistants doing more than usual. Trying to keep business as usual as possible without Pagano. God forbid he have some coaches (or a player contribute and step up) = control freak.

#Colts Arians says he probably would get out of coaching if he couldn't call plays. "That's all the fun," he said.
:dang: :dang: :dang:

really bruce? THATS why you wouldnt let ben use more no huddle? because you wanted to have your "fun"?

so much explained right there. :banging:

MasterOfPuppets
10-03-2012, 07:55 PM
http://www.csustan.edu/math/jue/wiley.gif

Bayz101
10-03-2012, 08:14 PM
Wow. Bruce is even more of a dumb-ass than I previously thought.

Bayz101
10-03-2012, 08:15 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8LHXFQkX0zMbLa6XhlZLJo4gLACmoi 2FFmYTKd25ZPFlAQBdj

tony hipchest
10-03-2012, 09:02 PM
tomlin talks about his men stepping into stadiums, defending every blade of grass and winning the battle of attrition.

arians talks about snot bubbles...

:doh: pure genius at work, right there. :rolleyes:

tony hipchest
10-04-2012, 11:36 PM
"snot bubbles and butt nugs"???? :dang:

i cant believe the rooneys allowed this jagoff to walk into their building as long as they did.

anyone who still defends this walking turd is just as mentally challenged as him and should be ashamed to show their face on any steelers message board ever again.

THIS is why ben was the most sacked qb in the league the 5 years that asshole was coach-

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000069466/article/clay-matthews-doesnt-scare-indianapolis-colts?module=HP11_headline_stack

INDIANAPOLIS -- Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews tends to draw extra attention on a weekly basis. Straight double teams. Chips from tight ends and backs. Anything to slow down the long-haired whirling dervish.

Interim coach Bruce Arians said his Indianapolis Colts can't sacrifice offensive options to solely focus on Matthews.

"You can get overwhelmed trying to chip and help and do things that I call butt nug," Arians said. "You're all blocked up and there's nowhere to throw the ball. You've got to have guys go out.

"I don't think you can overly concern yourself with a guy. You challenge who's blocking him because they move him all around. It's not going to be Anthony Castonzo the whole game. He's going to be inside putting spin moves on whoever is playing guard, he's going to be on the right side. You say you can account for him, but he's not where you put him and you're over there chipping someone who doesn't need to be chipped.

"Get your guys out, let the quarterback read his patterns and play football."

Arians compared it to his time spent in Cleveland as offensive coordinator from 2001 to 2003. He learned a lesson trying to block Jevon Kearse and Kevin Carter.

"We tried to put a tight end on one and a halfback on the other and we got sacked about eight times," Arians said. "Then we went empty, spread out and threw it quick, we got hit a couple times, but we beat them.":jawdrop:

:banging:

Matthews, surely, welcomes the challenge. He ranks No. 2 in the NFL with seven sacks and is the favorite in most one-on-one matchups.

Arians' decision is a bold one considering the line has been the weak link of the Colts' offense. The unit has allowed just five sacks, but much of that is because of Andrew Luck's ability to avoid them. It doesn't help that center Samson Satele has a bad left knee and hasn't been able to finish the last two games. :thumbsup:

The Matthews dynamic will be one to watch.

MACH1
10-05-2012, 12:25 AM
I'm so glad he's gone.

Maybe he's just trying to trick em. :laughing:

tony hipchest
10-05-2012, 12:52 AM
i wish i could laugh, but i am disgusted with this fool.

i mean i always knew he was a blabbering idiot, and his airhead decisions on the field spoke for itself, but the rooneys and tomlin tried to keep him under wraps.

now with "shits n giggles" irsay writing his checks (and probably re-tweeting his poopie wisdom), the neanderthal nincompoop is free to remove all doubt.

he is a black eye on this franchise and cost the steelers their 7th SB title with his refusal to properly gameplan vs the likes of clay matthews/charles woodson, and his refusal to allow ben to call his own plays until he has to bail the coaches ignorant ass out of a loss.

Edman
10-05-2012, 10:05 AM
Colts fans are already getting sick of him.

Their once-dependable O-Line play is starting to decline and Luck is under constant pressure. Hmmm...I wonder why...

Check this out too, from the Jags game...

The colts had a poor 2nd half. They only scored 3 points and to make matters worse, the Jaguars scored 19 points. Getting outscored 19-3 in the 2nd half will lose you 98% of games.

The Arians Offense falling asleep in the Second Half? NO WAY. Impossible! I never heard THAT before!

Edman
10-05-2012, 10:11 AM
As for Matthews, Classic Arians logic.

"Clay Matthews is a ferocious pass rusher this season, we should gameplan for him, but I know the Packers know we're gameplanning for him, so I won't gameplan for him at all! THAT'LL FOOL THOSE PACKERS!"

Clay Matthews will have a field day.

lloydwoodson
10-07-2012, 02:22 PM
One of the most ironic parts of that article is the bit about Arians offense focusing on the tight end. Arians ignored his pro bowl calibre tight end Heath Miller for years.

Fire Arians
10-07-2012, 06:07 PM
wow the colts pulled off a win being down big vs the pack, i have to say im really surprised.

arians still sucks

tony hipchest
10-07-2012, 06:11 PM
kudos to the colts pulling out the win in temultuous times. Irsay gave a gameball to chuck pagano, but reggie wayne pulled out another gameball for the nfl village idiot bruce arians, who kept the team fucused and led them to a win.

kudos to bruce (i never thought it were possible even under the most motivating circumstances), and kudos to pagano giving him the shot nobody else would.

PLZX33TkA6o

Atlanta Dan
10-08-2012, 09:18 PM
It was great the Colts won given Coach Pagano's illness, but this story indicates that Bruce Arians is still a jackass

Bruce Arians won his first game as the Colts’ interim head coach on Sunday, but in the process he appeared at one point to make a rookie mistake: He picked up an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for throwing the challenge flag on a play when the Packers scored, which is not allowed because every scoring play is automatically reviewed.

Arians, however, says that wasn’t a mistake at all: It was an intentional attempt to get referee Walt Anderson’s attention.

“I knew I couldn’t throw the flag,” Arians said today, in comments distributed by the team’s PR staff. “I’m throwing it anyway. Everybody in the press box told me I couldn’t throw the flag. I wanted to talk to those officials. He’s going to kick it into to end zone anyway and we’ll get it on the 20. It doesn’t matter. I heard from upstairs, ‘Coach, it’s not challengeable’, I don’t care.”

Arians said he didn’t believe the Packers actually scored on the play in question, and he wanted to argue with the ref about it regardless of whether he had any chance to win the argument, and even knowing that wrongly throwing a challenge flag is a 15-yard penalty.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/08/bruce-arians-i-threw-the-red-flag-knowing-i-couldnt-challenge/

tony hipchest
10-08-2012, 09:32 PM
i guess arians would quit coaching if he couldnt argue, because arguing is "half the fun".

mikegrimey
10-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Arians 1.000 winning % as head coach... neat