PDA

View Full Version : Santonio Holmes

PhantomJB93
10-03-2012, 07:08 PM
With the news that he's done for the year, and the rumors that the Jets could cut him this offseason due to financial reasons( per http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/jets-place-santonio-holmes-injured-171050055--nfl.html), would you want the Steelers to resign him?

I know somebody else would probably pay him more if he does hit FA, but I would want us to try and bring him back, especially if a deal can't be reached with Wallace.

teegre
10-03-2012, 07:10 PM
The Steelers got rid of him for a reason.

[I say "got rid of" because that is what you call it when one trades a SuperBowl MVP for a fifth round pick.]

In other words, no.

tony hipchest
10-03-2012, 07:11 PM
its breast cancer awareness month.

say no to cancer.

(this thread already exists in the NFL section)

Bayz101
10-03-2012, 07:12 PM
We traded his troubles away for a reason. No.

PhantomJB93
10-03-2012, 08:44 PM
its breast cancer awareness month.

say no to cancer.

(this thread already exists in the NFL section)

I know, I meant for this to be more a discussion of him potentially being a Steeler again than just his injury in general, but feel free to close it if you need to.

I figured a lot of you guys would be opposed to it, but I really never thought he was that big a distraction or locker room cancer at all and felt his trading was an overreaction to having both he and Ben in questionable legal situations in a matter of weeks. If a deal gets done with Wallace obviously this would never happen. but if we do lose MW I just think Santonio could be a huge part of this offense again.

tony hipchest
10-03-2012, 08:46 PM
the article posted in the nfl section pretty much explains why the jets are stuck with him for the long haul.

they'd be better off w/o sanchez as well but they certainly cant cut him either.

GoFor7
10-04-2012, 12:01 AM
Who would you rather see the Steelers get, Tebow or Holmes?

tony hipchest
10-04-2012, 12:40 AM

staph or mersa?

staph.

Rick5895
10-04-2012, 04:25 AM

If Tebow would succumb to the fact he will not be a viable NFL QB and realize he could be a "jack of all trades" offensive player then he's worth a look.

Not saying you Go for 7 but what is with people wanting to resign guys we rid ourselves with, first Plax and now Bongtonio. Let them screw some other team up, keep them away from us!!

teegre
10-04-2012, 07:47 AM

D'Brickashaw Ferguson

maddog78
10-04-2012, 07:49 AM
We traded his troubles away for a reason. No.

To lose the Super Bowl to Green Bay? I often wonder how that would have played out with Tone on that last drive, or during the entire game for that matter.

I'd take him back at the right price. He was always a good player and teammate, he just got busted with ganja.

steelfury02
10-04-2012, 09:19 AM
ganja wasn't his only problem, he didn't want to be here anymore at the time

sure he has remorse now playing for an average at best QB on a team that will consistently struggle to be .500 and above

i'd be singing the same tune if Wallace was gone as well

BengalDestroyer
10-04-2012, 03:10 PM
we don't want/need him... Wallace deal will get done

FrancoLambert
10-04-2012, 05:06 PM
DON'T GO NEAR THIS GUY !!

Living in the metro NYC area, I see all the jet games. He is a team cancer and his best days are behind him.
If it's not going his way, he gives up and blames others.

maddog78
10-04-2012, 07:41 PM
ganja wasn't his only problem, he didn't want to be here anymore at the time

Says who?

maddog78
10-04-2012, 07:43 PM
we don't want/need him... Wallace deal will get done

Not so sure, and not so sure I want that. We're going to look an awful lot like the Colts teams who had all that money in Peyton, Marvin, Reggie, and Dallas, and not much else besides Freeney and Mathis.

OX1947
10-05-2012, 12:12 AM
To lose the Super Bowl to Green Bay? I often wonder how that would have played out with Tone on that last drive, or during the entire game for that matter.

I'd take him back at the right price. He was always a good player and teammate, he just got busted with ganja.

Ugh, man. Why did you remind me man. I would have rode him the last year and let him leave after the super bowl as a free agent.

Lord of Lombardi
10-06-2012, 10:12 AM
The fact that you even asked this question makes me question the team you support

jiminpa
10-07-2012, 08:42 PM
Anyone notice that Wallace never has more than a step on anyone anymore? Until today he still caught everything that got to his hands, but here's a reason why he comes off the field and Brown stays on, and it's not conditioning. I'm surprised that he is as good as he is at this point, but he is not worth what some loser team is just dying to overpay him. I imagine the response from the FO going something like, "Wow Mike, that's a great offer from the Redskins. You should be able to retire very comfortably on that. It's been great having you on the team. Congratulations on the big payday. You've earned it, and I can't tell you how much we appreciate Mr. Snyder for paying you for us."