PDA

View Full Version : Welcome back Mendenhall

Fire Arians
10-07-2012, 03:06 PM
Anyone else still not convinced he deserves to be our starting RB? :tt03:

Darkstorm05
10-07-2012, 03:09 PM
Really hope this ends all the "Redman should be starting" nonsense. Our backup backs do fine as just that. Mendy is a feature back, though.

Lady Steel
10-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Game ball to Mendy! :tt:

mizzouristeeler
10-07-2012, 03:13 PM
I agree. Mendy is looking great. Glad to have him and back.:tt:

lipps83
10-07-2012, 03:21 PM
Yes, welcome back.

It was our passing game that was lacking today.

AndyWitmyer
Mendy was a gem. Definitely a huge factor in our win.

EbonySteel86
Thank u sweet baby jeeez us!!!!

Goldsteel86
10-07-2012, 03:42 PM
Really hope this ends all the "Redman should be starting" nonsense. Our backup backs do fine as just that. Mendy is a feature back, though.

Agreed welcome back Mendy, but who on here has suggested this year that Redman should start over Mendy?????:confused::scratchchin:

steelfury02
10-07-2012, 03:45 PM
he still should:couch:

casteeler
10-07-2012, 04:18 PM
Agreed welcome back Mendy, but who on here has suggested this year that Redman should start over Mendy?????:confused::scratchchin:

I did (egg on face) Mendy played very well,just what the DR ordered

AgentGold007
10-07-2012, 04:21 PM
I'll be the first to admit I seriously undervalued Mendenhall. I was one of the one's that said Redman was better. I'll go eat my humble pie now. Good job Mendy :tt03:

ETL
10-07-2012, 04:45 PM
He would have done much better if he would just stop dancing around in the backfield. For the love of God, please stop dancing!

(just kidding)

grward
10-07-2012, 05:25 PM
I'll be the first to admit I seriously undervalued Mendenhall. I was one of the one's that said Redman was better. I'll go eat my humble pie now. Good job Mendy :tt03:

You may as well cut a slice for me too! I didn't think Mendy was worthy of the starting position, but boy did today prove I was wrong. I only hope his power rushing continues!! Glad to have you back Mendy!! :tt04:

FrancoLambert
10-07-2012, 05:26 PM
The quick short pass to him in open space could be deadly.
He makes people miss and breaks arm tackles.
Great to have him back and contribute so significantly so soon!

lardlad
10-07-2012, 07:12 PM
I still thought he was the best back we have, but I have to say, I didn't think he would factor into the game like he did. Gotta give credit to the line, they played a good D and Redman ran well too. They opened up holes.

harrison'samonster
10-07-2012, 07:44 PM
It's great to have him back, and I think he will be so much better with Haley calling the plays.

BA's offense was a terrible fit for Mendy. This is just one example of why BA sucks.

Steel_Bus_24
10-07-2012, 08:22 PM
dear lord....Man its crazy to think he isnt even a year removed from a major ACL injury

Thats a major credit to that man's will,heart, and determination to get back an succeed

Hope he stays healthy and keeps getting stronger

jiminpa
10-07-2012, 08:27 PM
How did you guys miss how good he is? The guy been gaining yardage without blocking, (by design, Arians was trying to do to him what he did to Parker). Now that they are actually trying to give him a place to run, watch what happens.

yeckley92
10-07-2012, 08:30 PM
Steelers have a wonderful RB core thouugh... Go Mendy!!!

Darkstorm05
10-07-2012, 08:32 PM
How did you guys miss how good he is? The guy been gaining yardage without blocking, (by design, Arians was trying to do to him what he did to Parker). Now that they are actually trying to give him a place to run, watch what happens.

This. I think everyone was in love with our backups because watching fat men fall forward looked impressive behind our line. There was a really nice break today when a hole opened, and our FB(Finally!) popped it open and freed Mendy up. Of course it came back for holding...but still...potential. All of a sudden Ben can fake a handoff and it actually forces the blitzers to consider if it might not be a bluff.

jiminpa
10-07-2012, 08:47 PM
This. I think everyone was in love with our backups because watching fat men fall forward looked impressive behind our line. There was a really nice break today when a hole opened, and our FB(Finally!) popped it open and freed Mendy up. Of course it came back for holding...but still...potential. All of a sudden Ben can fake a handoff and it actually forces the blitzers to consider if it might not be a bluff.I loved those fake draws. It looked like they actually practiced them, wow, what a concept.

And Redman's game got a lot better when they didn't want to tackle anymore too.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-07-2012, 11:01 PM

Yeah, the run that was called back because of Wallace being on the line was classic. he got some decent blocking up front and when in the 2nd level he can be more dangerous than anybody else on the roster.

When you actually practice running the ball and committ to it during the game.....a good RB can have some big gains.

tony hipchest
10-08-2012, 12:15 AM
Quick hits

• Mendenhall became the fifth Steeler to reach 30 rushing touchdowns. The others are: Franco Harris (91), Jerome Bettis (78), Kordell Stewart (35) and Terry Bradshaw (32).

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-notebook-coach-kugler-mendenhall-boost-offensive-line-656656/#ixzz28gIhboBk

even more shocking than 2 qb's being on that list is willie parkers absence. i woulda bet $$$ he topped 30 in his career.

ricardisimo
10-08-2012, 01:16 AM
Quick hits

Mendenhall became the fifth Steeler to reach 30 rushing touchdowns. The others are: Franco Harris (91), Jerome Bettis (78), Kordell Stewart (35) and Terry Bradshaw (32).

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-notebook-coach-kugler-mendenhall-boost-offensive-line-656656/#ixzz28gIhboBk

even more shocking than 2 qb's being on that list is willie parkers absence. i woulda bet $$$ he topped 30 in his career.
Pay up (http://www.nfl.com/player/willieparker/2505709/profile). 24 rushing, 5 receiving.