PDA

View Full Version : Some stats to ponder

ricardisimo
10-08-2012, 03:09 AM
Mendenhall is now our leading rusher with all of one game under his belt... a half-game, really, as he was forced to share duties with Redman et al.
Roethlisberger did not get sacked for the first time since the 2010 season.

Look it up. Pretty awesome.

lardlad
10-08-2012, 05:55 AM
Yeah Ben not getting sacked is very odd. The RBs had room, maybe the oline deserves more credit than it is getting.

Bayz101
10-08-2012, 06:02 AM
It's hard NOT to be happy with a 16-14 win when you look at those stats.

EbonySteel86
10-08-2012, 06:51 AM
This system is perfect for Ben and the O-line!

Steelers>NFL
10-08-2012, 07:27 AM

THIS ^^^ :applaudit:

grward
10-08-2012, 07:49 AM
I believe we have won every game in which BB doesn't get sacked.

GMU Steeler
10-08-2012, 03:56 PM
The sack stat stands out to me considering that Philly had like 5 or 6 sacks against him last time we played them. Anyhow, I didn't catch the game yesterday unfortunately but I'll take a win even if was ugly. Glad Cincy lost and Baltimore struggled to beat KC.

FrancoLambert
10-08-2012, 04:18 PM

A collective "Thank You" goes out to Mr. Todd Haley.
He knows how to use players.

teegre
10-08-2012, 06:02 PM

Exactly!!!

In ARIZ, he passed all over the place,w ith Warner, Boldin, & Fitzgerald.

In KC, he had a bevy of RBs, and a group of north-south type of O-linmen... and ran with reckless abandon.

In PITT, he has the league's best QB at escaping the rush, a set of three great WRs, a young O-line, and a RB who likes to catch the ball out of the backfield. Ergo, this offense is somewhere between ARIZ and KC... actually, it has the makings of the perfect mix (iei both run & pass).

ricardisimo
10-08-2012, 07:00 PM
The sack stat stands out to me considering that Philly had like 5 or 6 sacks against him last time we played them. Anyhow, I didn't catch the game yesterday unfortunately but I'll take a win even if was ugly. Glad Cincy lost and Baltimore struggled to beat KC.
Eight sacks, actually, and yet we nearly won that game.

Hawaii 5-0
10-09-2012, 07:04 PM
[LIST]
Mendenhall is now our leading rusher with all of one game under his belt... a half-game, really, as he was forced to share duties with Redman et al.

technically no, Isaac Redman has 113 yards so far while Mendy only has 81.

maddog78
10-09-2012, 11:38 PM
This gig is going to get Haley another HC job, hopefully not before we win another ring. He's done an excellent job maximizing the talent he has, which he has done pretty much everywhere he's been.

ricardisimo
10-10-2012, 02:01 AM
technically no, Isaac Redman has 113 yards so far while Mendy only has 81.
Yeah, but I think what the folks making that claim were referring to was Mendenhall's one-game tally vs. Redman's (or any of the other backs') three-game total. Redman had 41 in the Philly game, which means he came into it with 72... which is pathetic.

steelfury02
10-10-2012, 07:06 AM
it sounds like Haley is right where he wants to be. He has wanted a winning franchise QB, has SB experience losing to one, now has him on his side, has had an awful experience as a HC in KC, and has family history w/Steelers. I'm sure winning and then winning a ring without the pressures of a HC position would just be extra incentive/icing to stay put.

TheDude
10-10-2012, 07:34 AM

Im right there with you

We've talked about this on the podcast since the day he was hired...he has utilized the three step drop more in four games than in years past...COMBINED.

He is calling plays that protect our OL from themselves

FanSince72
10-11-2012, 02:36 PM
it sounds like Haley is right where he wants to be. He has wanted a winning franchise QB, has SB experience losing to one, now has him on his side, has had an awful experience as a HC in KC, and has family history w/Steelers. I'm sure winning and then winning a ring without the pressures of a HC position would just be extra incentive/icing to stay put.

Yeah, it could be worse...Haley could have the same record as...oh I dunno... Bruce Arians.

Oh shoot! ...(duh)... :applaudit:

tony hipchest
10-11-2012, 04:19 PM
Yeah, it could be worse...Haley could have the same record as...oh I dunno... Bruce Arians.

Oh shoot! ...(duh)... :applaudit:how exactly are you and bruce related?

FanSince72
10-11-2012, 04:42 PM
how exactly are you and bruce related?

We were both born on the same planet.

C'mon dude, don't you find the irony even just a little bit funny? :sofunny:

tony hipchest
10-11-2012, 04:51 PM
We were both born on the same planet.

C'mon dude, don't you find the irony even just a little bit funny? :sofunny:i think you and bruce being from the same planet is more coincidence than irony.

...or is it??? :scratchchin:

:chuckle: