PDA

View Full Version : Still panicking? Thoughts

LayingTheWoodley56
10-08-2012, 10:27 AM
- A lot to be encouraged about from yesterday's game. Our running game looks to be revived by the return of Mendy, who I admittedly have never been a big fan of. After the first three games of the Redman/Dwyer/Batch/Rainey experiment, however, I am getting close to changing my tune.

- Ben is in the midst of a career year, no TD's yesterday not withstanding. I predicted this before the season and it is coming to fruition. He has evolved greatly as a player, teammate and leader since his suspension brought him back down to Earth. He gives us a fighting chance in any game, anywhere, and that is invaluable. Wideouts were a little sloppy yesterday, but that was an aberration in my mind.

- Timmons! That is all.

- Are we ever going to get Woodley and Harrison on the field at the same time? Dating back to last season, its been one or the other hurting every damn week. Like others have said, however, I was encouraged by Worilds' performance yesterday.

- Hate to say it, but Keisel looks more than a step slow. He performed well last season, but this may be the beginning of the end for Da Beard. It's a damn shame, but also a fact of NFL life.

- Ryan Clark is just a missile, and a key cog of our defense. The flag on him yesterday was most likely warranted, but was anyone else very impressed with the sheer force with which he came into that play? I've always been amazed that a guy in his frame, undrafted no less, can stick as hard as he does.

- Troy's injury was just bizarre, the way he seemed to just being walking and pulled up limp all of a sudden. Very strange, and we are getting to a point where we have to wonder if he will be able to contribute in a big way at all this season. At any rate, it's a safe bet to believe we wont' see him until Cincy, at least.

- So, here we are. We lost two games by essentially 9 points, both west coast road games which we all know are a little more difficult to win. Our defense looked much improved yesterday, as did the running game and Ben continues to chug along at the highest level he's ever played at. Barring a major disaster, we'll take care of the Titans Thursday night, then rest up for a big game in Cincinnati. We win that one, get to 4-2, and we have another home game where we'll be the favorite against Washington. 5-2 heading into a big showdown with the Giants? I'll take it. Always keep the faith, Steeler Nation. We're a cut above most franchises in this league. Never count us out. :tt04:

Stu Pidasso
10-08-2012, 11:21 AM
Yes, I'm still worried. After a bye, we should have been 100%. Now we're hurt again, and there's another game in 3 days.

tony hipchest
10-08-2012, 12:10 PM
Never count us out. :tt04:i like your outlook.

Curtain_of_Steel
10-08-2012, 12:16 PM
I would still say there is a concern. But as long as Harrison is out there I think our defense is much better. Troy is already out for Thursday and now Woodley. Luckily its the Titans who we still better not take lightly.

tony hipchest
10-08-2012, 12:20 PM
Never count us out. :tt04:i like your outlook.

JVip
10-08-2012, 12:23 PM
No cause for panic, but we have a fairly difficult schedule ahead of us.

The injuries are a bit disheartening but...
Worilds is a better fit to replace Woodley, and Harrison seems to be feeling good. If Harrison can stay healthy it will make a dramatic difference to this D, especially since I don't expect Troy to play a significant role this season.

I just wish they would rotate Heyward and Mcclendon into the line more often. Both of those guys have looked good when they are in the game, and they are the future of the team.

Fire Haley
10-08-2012, 01:16 PM
Tomlin says #Steelers put more on Timmons' plate against Eagles

so after 5 years LeBeau is taking the training wheels off Timmons?

wow

Worilds looked better than Woodley has too - what's up with that?

WVABE
10-08-2012, 01:23 PM
Wonder if it would be a good idea to sit Troy until the last quarter of the season,
let him heal then let him go intimidate the QB's with just his presence.

Darkstorm05
10-08-2012, 01:25 PM
Wonder if it would be a good idea to sit Troy until the last quarter of the season,
let him heal then let him go intimidate the QB's with just his presence.

Based on early reports, he'll be sitting until then anyway. All the injury roundups I'm seeing today say "A few weeks".

Also, Ed Bouchette tweeted that Harrison has some knee swelling following the game, but isn't too concerned.

Millers the sh!t
10-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Troy injury definitely seemed like some bad acting. I thought the same as you when I saw it. I doubt well beat Washington though. They putting up some points and we are gonna have to throw down with em and keep up.

Darkstorm05
10-08-2012, 02:36 PM
I doubt well beat Washington though. They putting up some points and we are gonna have to throw down with em and keep up.

They were until RG3 got his head knocked into the stands. We'll see how his recovery goes.

grward
10-08-2012, 02:49 PM
Troy injury definitely seemed like some bad acting. I thought the same as you when I saw it. I doubt well beat Washington though. They putting up some points and we are gonna have to throw down with em and keep up.

Heard a rumor that he made a comment about enjoying practice and being around the guys, but doesn't care much to play anymore. I think it's just some poopstand fan stirring their sh!t around. Anyone hear anything similar?

DoctorCAD
10-08-2012, 02:52 PM
I think I'll be buying my Nationwide from Troy in the very near future, and that saddens me.

One of the best to ever play that position, but he is done.

I feel just like when Jack Lambert had to move on.

btaylor179
10-08-2012, 05:05 PM
troy spends to much time doing commercials

LayingTheWoodley56
10-08-2012, 05:28 PM

No way am I going into that game thinking that we're going to lose. Washington was still a bad team last year, and for the last period of years, even though yes they have added a very talented and exciting quarterback. RGIII or not, if this team has playoff aspirations we better beat the Redskins at home. Don't forget who we will have at quarterback.

teegre
10-08-2012, 05:55 PM
I doubt well beat Washington though. They putting up some points and we are gonna have to throw down with em and keep up.

Really???

Of the teams remaining on PITT's schedule, the teasm I least worry about are: TENN, WASH, and CLEV. Then, on the next level up, it's KC... who has some good offensive weapons (they outgain their opponents, but turn the ball over far too much). Followed closely by DAL; they simply are too disorganized.

Everyone else will be a hard-fought game.

WVABE
10-08-2012, 06:05 PM
troy spends to much time doing commercials

Thats where the real money is.

Sorry Troy I'm bald so I can't support you know more :doh:

Steel_Bus_24
10-08-2012, 06:20 PM
Ive seen troy more on youtube playing piano in ads then I have of him playing football this year

Ben is going to have to play his ass off until our D gets some health and consistency

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-08-2012, 09:07 PM

wow

Worilds had a sack where nobody blocked him from an overload look. I was more impressed that he actually set the edge well and came off the block and made a tackle on a run play.

Worilds played OK, but I still would not say he is measuring up to where Clark Haggans was .....and that I find disappointing.

Panic, no. If we win the Raiders game we are tied for the AFC North lead. Chiefs could have helped us out on sunday though.

maddog78
10-09-2012, 07:27 AM
I would still say there is a concern. But as long as Harrison is out there I think our defense is much better. Troy is already out for Thursday and now Woodley. Luckily its the Titans who we still better not take lightly.

Go back two weeks. Everyone was happy to be playing a terrible Oakland team.

The Steelers have lost 4 of their last 5 on the road, the lone win a close one over Cleveland.

As Winston Wolfe said after Vincent and Jules cleaned up the car, let's not start sucking each others' dicks yet.

maddog78
10-09-2012, 07:28 AM

wow

When did Tomlin say that?

Fire Haley
10-09-2012, 08:21 AM
When did Tomlin say that?

Dale Lolley‏@dlolleyor
Tomlin on Colon, "I'd rather say Whoa, than sic em."

Fire Arians
10-09-2012, 11:58 AM

we arent losing to the foreskins at home

i hope they don't take the titans lightly because even though they aren't in our divison anymore, i still hate them. i don't ever remember beating them at their house despite getting close a few times in the early-mid 2000's and it always pissed me off

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-09-2012, 12:03 PM
Dale Lolley‏@dlolleyor
Tomlin on Colon, "I'd rather say Whoa, than sic em."

I think they have to expect more from Timmons.....especially as he should be the strongside ILB next year and Spence should take over the weakside.

All the hype on Mycael Kendricks and I didnt see him making that much of a difference on sunday. The guy can run sideline to sideline, but the Steelers made a statement that they could run North-South.

Fire Arians
10-09-2012, 12:15 PM
I think they have to expect more from Timmons.....especially as he should be the strongside ILB next year and Spence should take over the weakside.

All the hype on Mycael Kendricks and I didnt see him making that much of a difference on sunday. The guy can run sideline to sideline, but the Steelers made a statement that they could run North-South.

kendricks is having a really good season so far. he will be a beast for years to come.

Fire Haley
10-09-2012, 12:32 PM
I think they have to expect more from Timmons.....especially as he should be the strongside ILB next year and Spence should take over the weakside. .

I don't think can count on Spence for anything till we see how his wrecked knee responds next year.

sorry - no guarantees from injuries