PDA

View Full Version : What we learned in week #5.

PATS16N0
10-08-2012, 04:47 PM
The Patriots are the class of the AFC.
They continue to get not only YOUNGER but BETTER. There is no organization in the NFL that even comes close to rivaling the New England Patriots.

Ring # 5 incoming.

Watching the Patriots on a weekly basis, I have seen my share of no huddle offenses. Playing Manning once or twice a season all through out the 2000s, I have seen my share of no huddle offenses.

Never have I see a no huddle offense work at such a high speed as I witnessed last night. Many foolishly chose the Denver Broncos to represent the AFC this season in the Superbowl.

New England completely humiliated them. New England completely out classed them. At no point was the game even in question, with 200 of Manning's yards coming after he was down 31-7 in what was essentially garbage time.

Denver had no idea what was happening to them. Brady was snapping the ball so quickly the Broncos couldn't even line up properly. On numerous occasions they were caught with too many men on the field. Complete Bronco confusement ensued. When asked if it was even possible to go any faster, Gronk replied that it probably wasn't, because the "officials were slowing them down."
This high tempo offense complimented by a deadly, very high caliber running attack will be impossible for anyone to stop.

And all this with about 8 of our very key players out on injury.

A complete one sided, decisive, dominant OUT CLASSING of the team many picked to go to the SB, lead by a Hall of Fame quarterback who had nothing for us.

AFC Teams fighting for a post season position are really only fighting for a chance to be humiliated by the New England offense which is the most dynamic and balanced it has ever before been.

Lights out for the AFC.

They're be nothing to stop us this time.

Hell, with this running attack, i'll even welcome the Giants to the Superbowl.
Get some.

The NFL has no answer.

cubanstogie
10-08-2012, 05:28 PM
[QUOTE=NEPatriots;1035776]The Patriots are the class of the AFC.
They continue to get not only YOUNGER but BETTER. There is no organization in the NFL that even comes close to rivaling the New England Patriots.

Ring # 5 incoming.

Ring 5 came around here a long time ago. Brady is getting younger? No denying the Patsies have had a good run but to come on a Steelers board and gloat no organization is close is just plain obtuse. The organization you are forgetting is right in front of you. Patsies are big in Mass, and all the other itsy bitsy teenie weenie states up in the Northeast who can't field there own team like maybe Delaware and Rhode Island. Steelers are big everywhere, not to mention Steelers have more SB's. You need to step outside your bubble.

PATS16N0
10-08-2012, 05:34 PM
uCpgfdS0Ygw

Six rings, eh?
What's that sound?

harrison'samonster
10-08-2012, 06:07 PM
you won't let go of that "classy" thing.

Eli "Eeyore" Manning is a better qb than Brady.

MACH1
10-08-2012, 06:26 PM
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyygc2HLHS1qj0qlso1_500.jpg

PATS16N0
10-08-2012, 06:55 PM
Steelers fans:

I know you.

You stand tall. You put on a defiant face. You show your Steeler pride.

...but deep down, you know as well as I do, you don't want any piece of the Patriots in the play offs.

You know New England is a dead end for you. A decisive one.

This is the most dangerous offense we have ever fielded. That includes 2007.

harrison'samonster
10-08-2012, 07:05 PM
This is the most dangerous offense we have ever fielded. That includes 2007.

that's exactly what was said last year, and Eli beat you guys for the second time.

PATS16N0
10-08-2012, 07:21 PM
Oh, I'm sorry, are the Giants your favorite team now or have you just fallen so far you need to leech on their victories?

Last year our defense was atrocious and we had no running game and no sideline receiver.

Now we have one of the best front 7's in the league, one of the best running attacks in the league, and all the weapons that brought us to the dance in '11.

harrison'samonster
10-08-2012, 07:58 PM
10 years from now all people are going to know about Tom Brady is that he got beat two times by Eli at the big game. Nothing else will matter.

tony hipchest
10-08-2012, 08:28 PM
i will admit the patriots have been blessed with a very favorable schedule. playing in the nfc east, they have the division crown locked up week 1, as soon as they step on the filed.

weve all seen how they crumble when they have to play a team like the ravens.

despite the easy schedule, the chickens will come home to roost and odds say they will eventually have to deal with some injuries of their own, just like every other team has.

there are stilll plenty of teams in the AFC capable of punching tom brady in the mouth, and several offenses the pats defense will struggle with. sure the patriots look great on paper offensively going for it on 4th down in "garbage time". no other team does that though.

PATS16N0
10-08-2012, 09:15 PM
i will admit the patriots have been blessed with a very favorable schedule. playing in the nfc east, they have the division crown locked up week 1, as soon as they step on the filed.

weve all seen how they crumble when they have to play a team like the ravens.

despite the easy schedule, the chickens will come home to roost and odds say they will eventually have to deal with some injuries of their own, just like every other team has.

there are stilll plenty of teams in the AFC capable of punching tom brady in the mouth, and several offenses the pats defense will struggle with. sure the patriots look great on paper offensively going for it on 4th down in "garbage time". no other team does that though.

I don't know how you can say that. We got totally screwed by the officials in the Ravens game.

The Packers got screwed against the Seahawks in ONE play and they complain and whine. I'm not bitching about one play. If you let the game come down to one play you didn't necessarily deserve to win, which is why I don't make a huge stink about the Gronk phantom hold calling back the game winning touchdown against Arizona.

But the scabs in Baltimore were either intimidated by the crowd or just completely incompetent, sustaining not one but THREE (count them THREE) drives that NE stopped dead in their tracks that turned into scores.

The Ravens shouldn't even have been competitive in that game.
You can say that i'm making excuses but let me tell you the truth:

I am not in the slightest bit intimidated or nervous about facing the Ravens again. We completely out played them and that was with half our offensive line out and Hernandez out.

No team is invincible. I won't lie and say I never get nervous about a game, or a match up, but it's no lie when I say i'm not sweating the Ravens. Not this year. We're going to dominate them so hard in the post season their idiotic week # 3 celebrating moronic fans won't know WTF just happened.

We're going to end their season and we're going to do it a lot more convincingly than we did in 2011.

The Ravens were competitive with us in the AFC championship game because they could just clog the middle of the field and we had nothing else. We had no running game. We had no sideline receiver. Our options were limited.

The Patriots have averaged 250 rushing yards there last two games.
You know football, Tony, I know you do, and you know how dangerous that is with the New England Patriots.

Look what happened to Denver. Tom Brady torched them in the air the entire first half until Denver had to adjust to prevent it, at which point we rammed our running backs down their throats so hard they didn't know what to do. All of this coming in a lightning speed no huddle offense that looked like an offensive blitzkrieg.

This is the missing piece for us. It's always been the missing piece for us. Real running backs capable of bursting through holes and getting real yardage. 8 yard carries. 12 yard carries. 15 yard carries.

We can now close out games. We can now dominate the time of possession. We can dictate the pace of the 4th quarter when we have a lead and close games out without having to make completion after completion after completion. It takes Giant and Raven like pressure off our offensive line and Tom Brady.

This is the missing piece.

This is our year.

And we don't have as much of a "Patsie" schedule as you claim. We played the Cardinals, the Ravens, the Broncos, we have to play the #1 defense Seahawks in what is probably the most hostile stadium in the NFL, we play the Texans, we play the 49'ers. Despite all that, we're going to finish 14-2.

Play the pass we're going to ram our future pro-bowl running backs down your throat for 5 yards a carry. Play the run and we're going to torch you over the middle.

This is the most dynamic offense we have ever assembled.

And we aren't even using Hernandez yet.

tony hipchest
10-08-2012, 09:35 PM
henandez is a slapdick scrub riding on the coattails of gronk and brady.

bills gave up 300 yds rushing to the 49ers yesterday. 250 on them is no biggie.

the scab refs cost the steelers 2 games as well. EVERYBODY knows the raiders commit penalties.

DEN, AZ, and BALT at home? oh boy, the league really made it tuff on you... :rolleyes: You get the texans and 49ers at home as well. cry me a river. your remaining road games consist of a gimme in london vs rams, seattle, and the freaking jaguars. oh no! you gotta make your annual trip to your divisional foes hous to pick up your gimme wins as well. thats possibly the softest schedule i have ever seen. you guys travel west of the mississippi once this season?

PATS16N0
10-08-2012, 09:38 PM
And another thing about the Ravens.
Ever since the scabs got kicked to the curb the Ravens have looked like absolute shit.

I know, week # 1, week #3, some of you were probably a little concerned about getting swept by the Ravens this year. Dreading it even.

The dirty little secret here is that the scabs were handing them so many yards on bogus penalties, free 1sts and 10s, phantom PI calls on long Flacco bombs. It would be damn near impossible NOT to look good when everything is for free.

Since the real officials have returned, what have the Ravens done? Barely beat the the 0-5 Browns. Barely beat the Chiefs in a lousy field goal battle.

Despite all Pittsburgh's shortcomings this season, you guys aren't getting swept by the Ravens lol.

The Ravens don't scare me. We scare them. And despite all their shit talking, they'll remember that come post season time

PATS16N0
10-08-2012, 09:41 PM
henandez is a slapdick scrub riding on the coattails of gronk and brady.

bills gave up 300 yds rushing to the 49ers yesterday. 250 on them is no biggie.

the scab refs cost the steelers 2 games as well. EVERYBODY knows the raiders commit penalties.

DEN, AZ, and BALT at home? oh boy, the league really made it tuff on you... :rolleyes: You get the texans and 49ers at home as well. cry me a river. your remaining road games consist of a gimme in london vs rams, seattle, and the freaking jaguars. oh no! you gotta make your annual trip to your divisional foes hous to pick up your gimme wins as well. thats possibly the softest schedule i have ever seen. you guys travel west of the mississippi once this season?

:jawdrop:

Hernandez is one of our most important players on the field, arguably more important than Gronk and arguably a better player. He is crucial to creating our extreme mismatches and when he's in the formation nobody has any idea WTF is about to come their way. We didn't just lose a player when Hernandez went down, we lost half our play book.

tony hipchest
10-08-2012, 10:12 PM
scab refs or not, the ravens won yesterday on a blown call, when the refs blew the whistle early and wiped out a raven turnover.

scab refs or not, the ravens beat the steelers in pittsburgh when the refs refused to blow a whislte on a final second PI call on torrye smith (blatant and obvious).

scab refs or not, atleast 25% of the ravens yards gained since joe flacco came in the league are from toss up balls that draw BS PI flags. youve seen it...

as for hernandez, he is a glorified frank wychek. he benefits from being way down the trough and teams that have put a lesser degree of gameplanning into him. kinda like how welker has benefitted being a 3rd slot wr. it works though. im not gonna knock it. teams could esilly gameplan and shut down hernandez every week, but the penalty would be paid in huge gains to gronk or the primary wr.

that doesnt mean he is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

SteelCurtain5643
10-08-2012, 11:36 PM
I'd sure like to play buffalo, miami and the jets 6 times a season, must be nice....You guys will fail once again come playoff time, even if u make it to the super bowl you'll get spanked again by manning, or even matt ryan for that matter if the falcons make it.

Avoid-Lloyd
10-09-2012, 04:02 AM
The Patriots are the class of the AFC.

Ring # 5 incoming.

Since when did the Cheateroits win 4 rings? Haha! I know they stole 3 rings but I didn't think the literally stole a fourth. There are two possibilities here. One, you don't know how many rings your team has won or two you don't know how to count. You have to have won four rings before you win five. Its still early in the season, but there is one guarantee. The Patsie might win the Superbowl but they won't win their 5th ring this year.

Bayz101
10-09-2012, 04:14 AM
Uh....yeah. You didn't win your fourth yet.

steelax04
10-09-2012, 11:19 AM
I equate the Patriots no-huddle offense and trying to snap the ball while the defense is just getting back to the line to that kid that always said "I'll race ya!" and started running before the word race even hit your ears. Kind of douchebaggy, imho.

If they're that good, they shouldn't have any problem running a no-huddle that at least gives the other team some respect to line up man-to-man and play football instead of gimmicky college type of bullshit.

PATS16N0
10-09-2012, 04:40 PM
I equate the Patriots no-huddle offense and trying to snap the ball while the defense is just getting back to the line to that kid that always said "I'll race ya!" and started running before the word race even hit your ears. Kind of douchebaggy, imho.

If they're that good, they shouldn't have any problem running a no-huddle that at least gives the other team some respect to line up man-to-man and play football instead of gimmicky college type of bullshit.

The offense sets the pace of the game. If the opposing defenses can't get their act together to keep pace with the New England's new lightning fast blitzkrieg than maybe they should go find some bush league to play in.

This is what a elite offense looks like.
Not `Green Bay Elite,` no.. the elite of the elite, best of the best.

Your post just sounds like "boo hoo the Patriots are too fast for other teams."

Good article the football X's and O's fans might be interested in on the Patriots new lightning speed attack strategy.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2012/10/08/patriots-huddle-relies-power-one/nHTapuVnBOwfFlffwTrN6J/story.html#skip-target

PATS16N0
10-09-2012, 04:42 PM
Oh, hahahaha.
Yeah, I guess I got a little ahead of myself on the 5th ring. You're right. #4.

I thought last season was a given and started saying 4 and never broke the habit.
Guess we'll have to get that 4th first.

New Dynasty for #5?

tony hipchest
10-09-2012, 05:49 PM
did you all forget?

patriots were still awarded a 4th ring for their 18-1* season. so what if it was roger goodells c0ck ring currently on display lodged in robert krafts throat? the memory of SB glory is still all the same in patfans minds.

the pats are this years version of the 2011 packers or 2005 colts.

after not being tested for 12 straight weeks, or even having to come from behind to secure a victory, the team will be awarded a by-week of rest they dont even need. then a battle tested team will walk into their house, punch them in the mouth, and send them home crying once again.

thats why in teh past 7 years teams like the steelers, packers, and giants have won superbowls from the 6 seed, and teams like the patriots, colts, and packers havent done jack shit as the #1.

:applaudit:

:cheers: to me!

SteelCurtain5643
10-14-2012, 11:26 PM
The offense sets the pace of the game. If the opposing defenses can't get their act together to keep pace with the New England's new lightning fast blitzkrieg than maybe they should go find some bush league to play in.

This is what a elite offense looks like.
Not `Green Bay Elite,` no.. the elite of the elite, best of the best.

Your post just sounds like "boo hoo the Patriots are too fast for other teams."

Good article the football X's and O's fans might be interested in on the Patriots new lightning speed attack strategy.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2012/10/08/patriots-huddle-relies-power-one/nHTapuVnBOwfFlffwTrN6J/story.html#skip-target

Russell Wilson says Hi LOL....so much for your dynamic team

cubanstogie
10-15-2012, 05:24 PM
So what did you learn in week 6 NEPatriots?

Lady Steel
10-16-2012, 12:57 AM
http://s0.jrnl.ie/media/2012/10/richard-sherman-tweet-630x472.jpg

PATS16N0
10-16-2012, 02:10 AM
Hey, congrats to Seattle who apparently won their Superbowl.
Richard Who?

SteelCurtain5643
10-16-2012, 05:15 PM
Hey, congrats to Seattle who apparently won their Superbowl.
Richard Who?

U mad bro? LOLZ

IowaSteeler927
11-01-2012, 04:58 AM
U mad bro? LOLZ

Epic

Yep them Patriots sure have looked good this year. Losing to the Arizona Cardinals, the Ratbirds, and the Seattle Seahawks. For us it looks like we're just hitting our stride under a new offensive coordinator and with some players coming back healthy. The Gaytriots however just run the score up on the Rams in London so they can make themselves feel better.

Ricco Suavez
11-07-2012, 08:51 PM
Hoped the Patriots taped our game this last Sunday, cause, thats how you beat the Giants. Seeing as how they can't beat Eli and the G-men in Superbowls or the last tiem they faced the Steelers.

sluggermatt15
11-10-2012, 10:33 AM
1. "The Patriots are the class of the AFC"

That is quite a bold statement. The Pats are one of the strongest teams in the AFC, but I don't believe they are the best the AFC has to offer. NE lost to Baltimore, remember? I know it was on a bullshit call, but it's still a loss. The Texans are certainly playing some good ball as well. I would call them the "class of the AFC." If your team beats them this year, then I'll buy into your statement.

2. "The Patriots are THE organization in the NFL."

Kraft and Belichick have taken NE from just an ordinary franchise to one of the premier franchises and organizations in the NFL. The Patriots brand of football has risen to the top. It's hard to ignore they were the team of the 2000s with all their winning and record setting performances. However, I would not call them THE franchise of the NFL. Fans of Pittsburgh, Chicago, Green Bay may have a bone to pick with that....