PDA

View Full Version : Are other teams recognizing Brown as the #1 WR?

Fire Arians
10-09-2012, 11:45 AM
Just thought it was interesting that the Eagles were putting Asomugha on Brown most of the game, wouldn't you want your #1 corner covering their best wr?

Some players around the league have said before too that they thought AB was better than Wallace, maybe it's true

Darkstorm05
10-09-2012, 11:47 AM
Just thought it was interesting that the Eagles were putting Asomugha on Brown most of the game, wouldn't you want your #1 corner covering their best wr?

Some players around the league have said before too that they thought AB was better than Wallace, maybe it's true

They should...because it's true.

tony hipchest
10-09-2012, 12:05 PM

not necessarily. here is something popular with alot of defenses-

the #1 CB will single cover the #2 wr all by himself.

the #1 WR will be double teamed (or bracketed) with the #2 CB and a safety.

the thought being that 2 defenders is usually better than the best CB, therefore both wr's (especially in a 2 WR set) have your best recources of coverage spread out as evenly as possible.

steelerchad
10-09-2012, 02:11 PM
I think it may be more of the fact that they put their fastest corner on our fastest receiver and their best corner on our best receiver.

steeltheone
10-09-2012, 02:12 PM

Some players around the league have said before too that they thought AB was better than Wallace, maybe it's true He may be better, but he still has to " step it up " to be a true number 1..... 85 yds and no td's is about his average stat line.

Hawaii 5-0
10-09-2012, 02:21 PM
He may be better, but he still has to " step it up " to be a true number 1..... 85 yds and no td's is about his average stat line.

not to mention a couple of drops...

Edman
10-09-2012, 04:43 PM
Antonio is our #1 receiver.

Ben is always looking his way for a big conversion.

I'd rather have a guy who comes through when we need him to as opposed to a guy who disappears. Even Manny Sanders is getting around to making big catches now.

steeltheone
10-09-2012, 06:01 PM
Antonio is our #1 receiver.

Ben is always looking his way for a big conversion.

I'd rather have a guy who comes through when we need him to as opposed to a guy who disappears. Even Manny Sanders is getting around to making big catches now. I really expected more out of Sanders...He still has time, but he looks more and more like a typical NFL 3rd or 4th wideout.

cubanstogie
10-09-2012, 06:49 PM
I really thought Wallace would step it up and earn a big contract. I would take Brown over Wallace any day of the week. Maybe because they haven't been throwing the ball long like last year Wallace hasn't been much of a factor. Maybe he needs Arians back. I know I just gave most of you guys a heart attack. Seriously though you need more than speed to earn 9 mill a year, unless of course you play for the Raiders, speed alone will get you the money.

tony hipchest
10-09-2012, 08:47 PM
I really expected more out of Sanders...He still has time, but he looks more and more like a typical NFL 3rd or 4th wideout.

well that is the position he is playing. i suppose if he was still playing for wallace (or brown) he would look like a typical NFL 1st or 2nd wideout.

heath is the beneficiary who has lookel like amore-than-typical 1st receiving option tight end. :noidea:

never mind the fact that we actually throw the ball to our wr's now....

i guess some fans will never be happy. if every player in the starting 22 isnt a pro bowler, there must be some short coming.

Sharkissle29
10-09-2012, 10:28 PM
He may be better, but he still has to " step it up " to be a true number 1..... 85 yds and no td's is about his average stat line.

I'll take 1,360 yards from a number 1....

teegre
10-09-2012, 10:44 PM

... and three third-down conversions per game.

NOTE: 4 TDs isn't great... but, considering everything else that AB brings, his TDs are sort of a "bonus" (for lack of a better word).

Fire Arians
10-09-2012, 10:47 PM

that's unacceptable for someone asking for fitz money

Sharkissle29
10-09-2012, 11:02 PM

Which is why he is getting AB money :chuckle:

teegre
10-09-2012, 11:03 PM

Those are AB's stat projections.

And, he already has "less than Fitz" money. :wink02:

maddog78
10-09-2012, 11:29 PM

A lot of times, teams put their best CB on #2 and double #1, especially if both receivers are good. If it were Wallace and Limas Sweed, Aso would have been on Wallace.

Fire Arians
10-10-2012, 12:00 AM
Those are AB's stat projections.

And, he already has "less than Fitz" money. :wink02:

my bad i thought he was talking about wallace :chuckle:

Darkstorm05
10-10-2012, 06:27 AM
my bad i thought he was talking about wallace :chuckle:

No...if Wallace continues at the average he's had for the 1st 4 games, he'd finish out the season with about 1000 yards.

steeltheone
10-10-2012, 11:11 AM
No...if Wallace continues at the average he's had for the 1st 4 games, he'd finish out the season with about 1000 yards.

Without his yardage against the Raiders backup corners, it's not even close that.

steeltheone
10-10-2012, 11:16 AM
well that is the position he is playing. i suppose if he was still playing for wallace (or brown) he would look like a typical NFL 1st or 2nd wideout.

heath is the beneficiary who has lookel like amore-than-typical 1st receiving option tight end. :noidea:

never mind the fact that we actually throw the ball to our wr's now....

i guess some fans will never be happy. if every player in the starting 22 isnt a pro bowler, there must be some short coming.

Totally agree Tony...I'm looking at it from the point of view that has been spread all around the boards on how great they are as as unit. I just don't see " great " I see good. That is fine, just not worth cap bending contract numbers.