PDA

View Full Version : It might be early butt...

ARKIESTEEL
08-04-2006, 07:27 AM
I am ready to talk about how we fair in the Miami game? any thoughts? I dont see them slowing us down when we run the ball but I dont know much about their DB and corners.

Does Cullpepper pose a threat? I dont think he does.

What do you guys and girls think

Steelers 27 fish 14

One long drive for the fish with a score late in the game and one deep pass early other than that we push them around the field

BlackNGold203
08-04-2006, 08:01 AM
Might be a little early Arkie.....but........

I really love what the Dolphins are doing...I certainly think we can handle them...

Alot can happen in a month with injuries....but I'm confident we will open strong

83-Steelers-43
08-04-2006, 09:44 AM
At home. Nationally televised game. A night game with a home crowd that tends to be more pumped up (and drunk) compared to a 1:00 start. Super Bowl defending champions. I'm going with a Steeler victory.

As already stated though, injuries between now and September 7 are always a factor and concern.

HometownGal
08-04-2006, 10:57 AM
I'd like to think that the Steelers will start off the season strong and with a win, but as others have said here, I, too, want to watch them mold a little more in the pre-season games and keep an eye on the injury report.

Defensively, at this point, the Dolphs are in pretty good shape. Taylor and Thomas are pretty close to top-tier at their respective positions. Culpepper has been hot and cold over the last several years and only has one true reliable target in Chris Chambers, but he had much the same situation in Minnesota before Randy Moss moved to Oakland. He can make plays with his legs, but a lot will depend on whether his knee has been totally rehabbed. I think LeBeau & crew will be ready for him. Their running game is decent but I think the Steelers front line can limit Ronnie Brown.

I would like to predict a Steelers win, but it is just a little too early.

Atlanta Dan
08-04-2006, 11:26 AM
Thursday night game to open the season - hmmm - I think a lot of Steeler fans will be starting a long weekend on Thursday evening and calling off work on Friday, September 8.

Atlanta Dan
08-04-2006, 11:28 AM
Latest line is Steelers giving 5&1/2

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-04-2006, 11:38 AM
I am ready to talk about how we fair in the Miami game? any thoughts? I dont see them slowing us down when we run the ball but I dont know much about their DB and corners.

Steelers 27 fish 14

One long drive for the fish with a score late in the game and one deep pass early other than that we push them around the field

Culpepper doesnt have the quick release that worries me with some QB's...Their WR's are also not exceptional..I like Chambers but Booker is a Bear reject that runs incredibly sloppy routes. Ronnie Brown is the real deal but the Dolphins O-line is suspect.
Defensively I appreciate Zack Thomas for his heart but he can be manhandled due to his size and the fact that he will bite on options and misdirection plays. Of all defensive units they are probably the team that surprises me the most with how good some of their defensive players are..and how bad(old) the players are that line up next to them.
This is a team that can be seriously exploited by a good game plan.

nicesteel4life
08-04-2006, 12:21 PM
HOLY CRAP, there is aready a line on the game of 5 1/2....Crazy
I feel the VICTORY but again injures between now and then will be the true test.

83-Steelers-43
08-04-2006, 05:07 PM
Screw them. We will crush them on our way to #6. No need in holding back. Bring'em on!!! No point in sugarcoating these SOB's. Bring them to Heinz. Let them feel the wrath and it will be a long, long, long ride home to Miami. I'm ready.

BlackNGold203
08-04-2006, 05:28 PM
Screw them. We will crush them on our way to #6. No need in holding back. Bring'em on!!! No point in sugarcoating these SOB's. Bring them to Heinz. Let them feel the wrath and it will be a long, long, long ride home to Miami. I'm ready.

Go 83.....GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im with ya bro......:cool: :cool:

83-Steelers-43
08-04-2006, 05:30 PM
Go 83.....GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im with ya bro......:cool: :cool:

lol, sorry. It's getting closer and closer. The closer it gets the more i get pumped...:bouncy:

I have to contain myself for the next 33 more days. Sorry....lol.

WWIIOwheelz
08-04-2006, 07:11 PM
I don't see that game being close. Ben will be on a mission to erase any doubts, will probably play possessed.

Polamalu43
08-04-2006, 07:13 PM

Steelers 27 fish 14

Actually I think daunte is a threat especially if he's fully healthy from the injury, he has a great arm and can throw the deep ball, just go back and see when moss was there.. But I do think we can stop him and will.. Now there running game might not b as good as last yr since williams is not there, so I'm not worried about there running game more about daunte.. But we will come out on top..

Steelers 28
Phins 14

Haiku_Dirtt
08-04-2006, 07:26 PM

As long as the injury wire stays quiet then...

fish:chair:

MyCuz64Furness
08-04-2006, 08:02 PM
I need to see how we move in the preseason to get a jist