PDA

View Full Version : Ben proclaiming he is ready...

AZ_Steeler
08-04-2006, 12:52 PM
for pre-season opener August 12th in Phoenix!!! This is awesome news, especially given that he will be exactly 2 months from his accident on that day. What a comeback story this is going to be, especially if the Steelers can pull of the repeat...

Coach Whisenhunt is expecting Ben to start, however, Cowher says the ultmiate decision won't be made until next week.
http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=17014176&BRD=1282&PAG=461&dept_id=182120&rfi=6

This is really a toss up for me... I'm thinking is he rushing it, what if this, what if that? Ultimately though, if he feels he is ready to go then I see no need in holding him back. I think everyone, including himself, is anxious to see how he will respond to that first hit.

Santonio4
08-04-2006, 04:55 PM
i hope he is

Ohio Steeler
08-04-2006, 09:28 PM
man how nice it will be if he is ready

AZ_Steeler
08-09-2006, 11:38 AM
I just heard an announcement that Ben will in fact be playing in the pre-season opener! I will try and find a link...

83-Steelers-43
08-09-2006, 11:46 AM
Personally, I would rather see him sit out against Arizona for good measure. I just don't see the point in playing him in the first preseason game in order to have him handoff a few times and throw one or two passes. He will have three more games after the Arizona game in order to loosen up before the opener.

BlackNGold203
08-09-2006, 05:45 PM
Personally, I would rather see him sit out against Arizona for good measure. I just don't see the point in playing him in the first preseason game in order to have him handoff a few times and throw one or two passes. He will have three more games after the Arizona game in order to loosen up before the opener.

Agreed 83...but I think it will send a message to any doubters out there...

He may play a series..I think its good...

tony hipchest
08-09-2006, 05:53 PM
Agreed 83...but I think it will send a message to any doubters out there...

He may play a series..I think its good...
he'll probably play 1 series, not complete a pass, and give the media fodder for the next week or 2.

SteelerFanInCA
08-09-2006, 06:07 PM
Yeah, I think he would definitley be making a statement if he started the first series of the zona game. I trust in Ben that he will make the right call when it comes time to play.

Hamptonator
08-09-2006, 06:31 PM
Ben is a gamer, of course hes going to say he's ready. Hopefully he is!

BB2W
08-09-2006, 06:38 PM
I think he should play if he can... from what I've read it sounds like he could use the reps.

SteelerzGirl
08-09-2006, 06:51 PM
he'll probably play 1 series, not complete a pass, and give the media fodder for the next week or 2.

I heard Ben wants to play, and that he may play for a series or two, also. If Ben thinks he's ready, I think he should be put in there, if only for a short time.

83-Steelers-43
08-10-2006, 08:06 AM
Cowher set to say whether Big Ben will start preseason opener

By Joe Rutter
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, August 10, 2006

Ben Roethlisberger will discover today whether, as expected, he will start for the Steelers in their exhibition opener Saturday night in Arizona.
Bill Cowher will make a formal announcement today.

Roethlisberger, who was a medical question mark entering camp because of his June 12 motorcycle accident, hasn't missed a practice. He continued to take snaps with the first-team offense during Wednesday night's practice, but his work was scaled back so young quarterbacks Shane Boyd and Omar Jacobs could get more reps.

Roethlisberger's first two passes yesterday were dropped by receivers Nate Washington and Sean Morey, respectively. In 7-on-7 drills, Roethlisberger's first attempt sailed over Washington's head. But Roethlisberger soon found his rhythm and hit Cedrick Wilson on three consecutive attempts.

When 11-on-11 play resumed, Roethlisberger hit Wilson streaking down the right sideline for a long gain. Running the red-zone offense late in practice, Roethlisberger's first attempt resulted in a 20-yard touchdown pass to rookie first-round draft pick Santonio Holmes.

HometownGal
08-10-2006, 09:27 AM
I'd like to see him play a series or two and then give the backups their time to show their stuff, but I'm not going to be disappointed if Ben doesn't play in the Cards game because I trust that Cowher and Wiz will do whatever they deem is best for him at this point.

"may you have the hindsight to know where you've been, the foresight to see where you're going and the insight to know when you're going too far... "

pitt
08-10-2006, 01:40 PM
It would be good for him to play a series.