PDA

View Full Version : Ike Taylor Sucks Pt2

Curtain_of_Steel
10-11-2012, 07:37 PM
Seriously? When does it end?

How can anyone argue for this guy anymore? Everyone in the league is going to pick him a part because they know its an easy penalty.

Than he wants to head butt the guy to cap it off?

Hawaii 5-0
10-11-2012, 07:42 PM
how many pass interference penalties have been called on Ike Taylor so far this season?

maddog78
10-11-2012, 07:42 PM
Doesn't help that Lewis allows the first easy completion sitting back in soft zone. We're playing scared against the worst team in football. Attack these bums.

Curtain_of_Steel
10-11-2012, 07:51 PM
What does the first play have to do with a play 4 plays later other than saying they cant cover thepass at all, lol?

Ike gave up another pass prior to that as well.

maddog78
10-11-2012, 08:06 PM
Taylor counts $9M against the cap next year.

Curtain_of_Steel
10-11-2012, 08:08 PM
#2 today... Ike is so great, lets applaud him...

of course it was delicned, but still on his ass.

Curtain_of_Steel
10-11-2012, 08:10 PM
3.4million bonus, 6million is salary. So dumping his dumb ass is a 3.4million hit.

But why would we dump a shut down corner? As I type, yet another pass completed. Ike makes the worse WR look like an all pro

Millers the sh!t
10-11-2012, 08:12 PM
Ike failure strikes again. Guys a solid shutdown corner......... Guys a joke.

Curtain_of_Steel
10-11-2012, 08:15 PM
Tomlin was in his face on the first one, I havent rewinded yet to see it haha.. Was busy typing.

realdeal
10-11-2012, 09:21 PM
Our whole secondary sucks!!! We make 2nd rate qb's look like pro bowlers!! Long year fellows!! 9-7 or 8-8!

Curtain_of_Steel
10-11-2012, 09:38 PM
Just beat again...

btaylor179
10-11-2012, 10:02 PM
yea ive said all year 8 and 8.....ike is horrible

Darkstorm05
10-11-2012, 10:53 PM
Ike got eaten alive tonight. No sugar coating it this week.

Steel_Bus_24
10-11-2012, 10:54 PM
Ike was pathetic.....Every Wr the Titans had whipped his ass tonight

Steelerindc
10-11-2012, 10:56 PM
When will Mike Tomlin bench this dude? He needs to be put out of his misery. If he's not getting burnt he's holding or getting PI's.

It's time for a change y'all

Steelerindc
10-11-2012, 11:01 PM
I think 6-10 at best, the defense is leaky as hell. I really am numb about this team, I don't recognize it, we make average teams look good and good teams look great.

Get ready for a long cold winter people 6-10 at best.

Chadmagic
10-11-2012, 11:20 PM
yikes! I needs to go back to "Swaggin U" and take a few lessons. Cause he got beat bad tonight...

OX1947
10-11-2012, 11:21 PM
Well, let's look at the bright side, steeler may need a season like this to have reason to clear the roster, get some higher draft picks, etc. There is a nice young core, Steelers can rid themselves of dead weight and start over.

steelbelieve
10-11-2012, 11:25 PM
Ike was pathetic.....Every Wr the Titans had whipped his ass tonight

Ike's been a solid NFL corner for a lot of years, but his skills are fast eroding, and the league knows it. They're targeting the guy and will continue to do so.

Steel_Bus_24
10-11-2012, 11:37 PM
Ike's been a solid NFL corner for a lot of years, but his skills are fast eroding, and the league knows it. They're targeting the guy and will continue to do so.

Ive been an Ike fan but he really blew it tonight

In some ways Im more disappointed in Tonights performance then the turd in Denver last season

at least then it was only Thomas abusing him.....Tonight it didn't matter who it was, they burnt him

steelbelieve
10-11-2012, 11:41 PM
Ive been an Ike fan but he really blew it tonight

In some ways Im more disappointed in Tonights performance then the turd in Denver last season

at least then it was only Thomas abusing him.....Tonight it didn't matter who it was, they burnt him

It happens to every player at some point. The mind's willing....... I'm afraid it may only get worse, particularly going up against the likes of AJ Green next week.

Steelers>NFL
10-12-2012, 07:09 AM
Ike sucks BALLS! He is a shadow of what he once was. His confidence is shot!. Time to cut him in the offseason. No and/ifs or buts.

maddog78
10-12-2012, 07:13 AM
Ike sucks BALLS! He is a shadow of what he once was. His confidence is shot!. Time to cut him in the offseason. No and/ifs or buts.

He'll be starting for three more years. By that time, we may finally be rid of Foote, Keisel, and Hampton.

Millers the sh!t
10-12-2012, 09:03 AM
Where are the fanboys who pull out Ike Failures stats to show how elite and solid he is? I think some of the stats show that he's better than Revis in some ways......

Anyone else missing William Gay?

Rotorhead
10-12-2012, 10:44 AM
I think he should be transitioned to safety, he is a solid tackler, knows the system and we could use the depth until we get others in olace in a couple of years. He is just a liability in coverage against the top rcvrs, maybe put him on the #2's

austinfrench76
10-12-2012, 10:51 AM
Here's the thing: when Ike holds, he guarantees the penalty and the yards. Why not put the pressure on the receiver to make the catch??? If you get beat, so be it but at least you don't look like a dress hanging off of the guy the whole game. He literally held on every play that he was in contact with a receiver. Go back and watch teh game, it's unbearable!!! Even if he's not what he once was, he's now awful for some reason.

stb_steeler
10-12-2012, 11:37 AM
whats really bad is there seems to be no change in his performance at all. Every team is gonna throw the ball his way now!

Drizztbob
10-12-2012, 01:03 PM
After having dreams of pushing Ike Taylor into oncoming traffic, I realized that is exactly what is going to happen when we play teams that are of playoff caliber. Giants, Baltimore, even Cinci are going to STEAM ROLL this defense, and the worst part is, it's too late to do anything about it.

Lebeau's schemes are tired and useless, as evident by the play this year. Hardly any pass pressure by the D line...on the Titans...the FRIGGING TITANS!!! The secondary couldn't stop my grandmother from getting open. They are absolutely hopeless and pathetic, and the star of that shit-show is Ike Taylor, who truly has no right to be on a football field. EVERY week he costs this team at LEAST one score. Last night it was 4. I can't understand why he continues to play 10 yards off receivers. He is repugnant.

The ONLY players on defense who should receive a paycheck for last nights atrocity's are Clark and Timmons who seem like the only players out there with any heart and fortitude. THE ONLY ONES TRYING!!!

I used to look forward to watching our defense play and had confidence they would stop an 80 yard drive, now its automatic. It's who can score the last touchdown or field goal because you know we can't stop shit.

Curtain_of_Steel
10-12-2012, 01:17 PM
Yup, I have been saying it for weeks. You can see Hasselback dropping back and targetting Ike first every time. It doesnt matter if a 500 pound tard is playing WR, the QB will target whoever Ike is on. He cant catch, so fearing for an INT isnot a concern. So the odds of the qb getting the catch or a penaly s huge.

6 straight games Ike has failed miserably. Great shut down corner. Tomlin has no balls to bench him or pull him out. He would argue who do I replace him with? Our argument is, does it matter atthis point?

Haleys stupid run calls didn't help either, but Ike killed us. We had no RB's and NO Oline and still trying topound the run. I guess that is the "new" Steelers "standard"???

realdeal
10-12-2012, 03:02 PM
Kennan Lewis stated he would be in the pro bowl this year!! What a joke!! Our secondary is terrible and Troy being out does not make a difference!! Long year!!

Curtain_of_Steel
10-12-2012, 09:12 PM
Millers the sh!t: they are huddled up trying to spin it in a positive light. Give them time...They have been working on it for 3 weeks now.

Soon they will say he has only given up 200 yards to wr's in 5 games. Least they will forget to mention the 350 yards in penalties. The td's, the crucial tds in crunch time.

But hey, we should be supported as we don't want the soon to be gone Mendehal to get pissed off at the fans.

Hawaii 5-0
10-13-2012, 12:45 AM
Kennan Lewis stated he would be in the pro bowl this year!! What a joke!! Our secondary is terrible and Troy being out does not make a difference!! Long year!!

Keenan Lewis is obviously delusional.

and I agree that right now our secondary is terrible.

but I disagree that Troy being out doesn't make a difference, Troy is so much better than Ryan Mundy and Will Allen.

Steel95
10-13-2012, 09:21 AM
Taylor counts $9M against the cap next year.

Well, if your quote is correct, Ike Taylor will not be with the Team next year, I gurantee you that! As a matter of fact, Casey Hampton, Larry Foote, and possibly James Harrison will not be back with the team next year. I'm going on record right now and say Troy and Mike Wallace might not be back as well.

And if Mike Tomlin doesn't get his head out of his A$$, he too might be on the hot seat. Going for a 54 yard FG with the way his defense played Thursday night? Are you kidding me? Going for a 4th down against the Eagles deep in your own territory? Granted, they made it, but if they hadn't made it, they could easily be 1-4 right now.

Steel95
10-13-2012, 09:27 AM
Well, let's look at the bright side, steeler may need a season like this to have reason to clear the roster, get some higher draft picks, etc. There is a nice young core, Steelers can rid themselves of dead weight and start over.

Dude, I totally agree with you; you can't stay at the top forever. The Steelers have had a nice run, this team needs some playmakers on Defense in the worst way. Those guys out there are as a whole, they are terrible!!!!!!! :banging::mad:

Darkstorm05
10-13-2012, 09:33 AM
Well, if your quote is correct, Ike Taylor will not be with the Team next year, I gurantee you that! As a matter of fact, Casey Hampton, Larry Foote, and possibly James Harrison will not be back with the team next year. I'm going on record right now and say Troy and Mike Wallace might not be back as well.

And if Mike Tomlin doesn't get his head out of his A$$, he too might be on the hot seat. Going for a 54 yard FG with the way his defense played Thursday night? Are you kidding me? Going for a 4th down against the Eagles deep in your own territory? Granted, they made it, but if they hadn't made it, they could easily be 1-4 right now.

Taylor isn't going anywhere. Because we sold our souls to cheat the salary cap and overpay so many "Stars", even if we cut Ike we'll still have to pay him like 4 mil for next year. They're not going to pay that kind of money and not have him doing something on field.

Curtain_of_Steel
10-14-2012, 08:14 PM
Right now Harrisson is one of the FEW Steelers playing 110%. So he may get a restructure, but if he can play solid D he isn;t going any place.

I disagree on Taylor's hit isn't the bad considering Taylors play. the 6million difference in a contract form IF we went via the FA market could be well spent.

uclkyle
10-14-2012, 11:41 PM
I'm typically not in favor of dumping guys who have a $3.4 million dollar hit against the cap. But I believe Ike should have been cut after his performance last year in the playoffs. Look at kickers in the NFL, goalies in the NHL, relief pitchers in MLB. All can have very bad games at times. You gotta just cut them loose sometimes. I'm sure Ike can have a nice end to his career in another city. His time in the Burg was sealed after his dreadful performance last year.

Bayz101
10-14-2012, 11:48 PM
I'm typically not in favor of dumping guys who have a $3.4 million dollar hit against the cap. But I believe Ike should have been cut after his performance last year in the playoffs. Look at kickers in the NFL, goalies in the NHL, relief pitchers in MLB. All can have very bad games at times. You gotta just cut them loose sometimes. I'm sure Ike can have a nice end to his career in another city. His time in the Burg was sealed after his dreadful performance last year.

Players don't get cut after ONE bad performance, especially considering he was one of the NFL's best EVERY game up until that point.

Hawaii 5-0
10-15-2012, 12:09 AM
Players don't get cut after ONE bad performance, especially considering he was one of the NFL's best EVERY game up until that point.

that playoff loss against Denver and Demaryius Thomas last season and this game against the Titans were two horrible performances by Ike Taylor. if he has any more games like those two I would think the Steelers will be hard-pressed to pay him $9 million next season.

PhantomJB93
10-15-2012, 12:44 AM
I do think once Polamalu and Clark get to play an entire game together, the pass defense will improve tremendously. I do not think that said Polamalu will be anything close to what he was even two years ago.

I think, in his current state, he is a solid safety who will allow the rest of the secondary to be more comfortable in their roles in LeBeau's scheme and play well enough to hold it at least somewhat together, but not a dynamic playmaker making one handed interceptions and ridiculous tackles all over the field.

Ike sucks right now but at the same time I think it's a lot easier for him to be exposed with Mundy/Allen back there and Clark overwhelmed with the added responsibilities he takes on in Troy's absence.

Darkstorm05
10-15-2012, 08:58 AM
My best case with Ike would be for us to draft a CB this offseason that's high enough quality to be a true starter...like a top 10 in the league caliber guy. Then we cut Ike, and bring him back on a contract paying about what we would owe him anyway(3 - 4 mil a year) as our 2nd string CB.

As long as he can't catch a ball, he will continue to be targeted. The word is out that he can't catch, and he's now a zero risk target. Worst case, he bats the pass down. Otherwise he'll either get burned, hold, or draw a PI. Every QB going up against us now knows that on 3rd and long, you just go deep against Ike and lob that shit up and see if it sticks.

Rotorhead
10-15-2012, 02:58 PM
I think he can make a decent safety for 2-3 years, at least get something out of his pay. He is a solid tackler, can help over the top on coverage and knows the system to help new younger guys.

Fire Arians
10-15-2012, 03:31 PM
I think he can make a decent safety for 2-3 years, at least get something out of his pay. He is a solid tackler, can help over the top on coverage and knows the system to help new younger guys.

i disagree, i think he would make a terrible safety. the guy's weakness is he's terrible at playing the ball, he always loses sight of it and starts knocking the receivers hands (which is why he's called for PI so much). Good safeties need to be able to play the ball, and Ike can't do that.

Hawaii 5-0
10-15-2012, 04:03 PM
i disagree, i think he would make a terrible safety. the guy's weakness is he's terrible at playing the ball, he always loses sight of it and starts knocking the receivers hands (which is why he's called for PI so much). Good safeties need to be able to play the ball, and Ike can't do that.

I agree, diagnosing plays definitely would not be Ike's strength.

Curtain_of_Steel
10-15-2012, 04:54 PM
Ike's strong suit is getting a large contract for the opposing WR. He is making those guys millions.

There is no making this guy a safety. If they cut him now someone would pick him up before he cleared waivers.

tony hipchest
10-15-2012, 06:05 PM
im going to ignore the internet messageboard joystick jockeys and panicing couch coordinators and pass on bill cowhers thoughts (as relayed by pat kirwan)-

there is noone currently on the depth chart who is better than ike. he will remain the starter along with keenan. the season is still young and the afc north is up for grabs but the steelers need to make defensive adjustments. instead of running the "fire zone- cover 1 or cover 3" (which ike has been more than capable of in the past) they need to switch to more "fire zone- cover 2" which essentially giving him safety help as opposed to having him trail the other teams best wr. of course this is more difficult with troy hurt and mundy shitting the bed.

i'll leave it at that and see if any of the playstation savants have any better ideas, cause to this point the majority have missed the mark by a mile with their knee jerk rants void of any plausible solution.

teegre
10-15-2012, 06:18 PM
im going to ignore the internet messageboard joystick jockeys and panicing couch coordinators and pass on bill cowhers thoughts (as relayed by pat kirwan)-

there is noone currently on the depth chart who is better than ike. he will remain the starter along with keenan. the season is still young and the afc north is up for grabs but the steelers need to make defensive adjustments. instead of running the "fire zone- cover 1 or cover 3" (which ike has been more than capable of in the past) they need to switch to more "fire zone- cover 2" which essentially giving him safety help as opposed to having him trail the other teams best wr. of course this is more difficult with troy hurt and mundy shitting the bed.

i'll leave it at that and see if any of the playstation savants have any better ideas, cause to this point the majority have missed the mark by a mile with their knee jerk rants void of any plausible solution.

But...

I had a variation fo the Buddy Ryan 46 defense all set to go: eleven LBs. They blitz ten of them... but, get this: which ten??? Huh... huh... huh... Genius, I know.

[It works in Techmo-Bowl.]

On a realistic note, I'd like to see Cortez Allen on the field more. He played some at SS... and he has done well as the NB.

Q: Could he eventually suplant Lewis?
Q: Right now, could he suplant Ryan Mundy/Will Allen as the starting SS?

tony hipchest
10-15-2012, 06:37 PM
On a realistic note, I'd like to see Cortez Allen on the field more. He played some at SS... and he has done well as the NB.

Q: Could he eventually suplant Lewis?
Q: Right now, could he suplant Ryan Mundy/Will Allen as the starting SS?

Q1- anything is possible down the line, but according to this thread it is ike taylor that needs replaced, not lewis. either way, it took both ike and lewis several years to learn the defense and begin starting (hell it took polamalu an entire year) so expect it to take just as long for allen.

Q2- right now? absolutely not. mundy cant replace troy, will allen still hasnt proven capable or replacing mundy and allen certainly cant replace all three. what you are suggesting, even on a temporary basis, would pretty much be a completely different package, altogether. (think of some variation of nickel, dime, or penny.

it is very important for steelerfans to understand that todays players arent interchangable parts and they are trained to be very task specific. hardly anybody knows every position. marshall faulk is a HOFer because he knew every position on offense.

troy and clark are so dynamic together because each knows the others roles in ANY defensive scheme lebeau calls.

it is rare. on offense, we are just now getting to where all three wr's know all three positions.

there was a play last week or the week before where e. sanders was the lone WR in 13 personnel. (1rb/3te).

at this point, allen is the nickel (almost a starting position in and of itself) and learning primary back up roles of ike and lewis.

teegre
10-15-2012, 06:48 PM
Q1- anything is possible down the line, but according to this thread it is ike taylor that needs replaced, not lewis. either way, it took both ike and lewis several years to learn the defense and begin starting (hell it took polamalu an entire year) so expect it to take just as long for allen.

Q2- right now? absolutely not. mundy cant replace troy, will allen still hasnt proven capable or replacing mundy and allen certainly cant replace all three. what you are suggesting, even on a temporary basis, would pretty much be a completely different package, altogether. (think of some variation of nickel, dime, or penny.

it is very important for steelerfans to understand that todays players arent interchangable parts and they are trained to be very task specific. hardly anybody knows every position. marshall faulk is a HOFer because he knew every position on offense.

troy and clark are so dynamic together because each knows the others roles in ANY defensive scheme lebeau calls.

it is rare. on offense, we are just now getting to where all three wr's know all three positions.

there was a play last week or the week before where e. sanders was the lone WR in 13 personnel. (1rb/3te).

at this point, allen is the nickel (almost a starting position in and of itself) and learning primary back up roles of ike and lewis.

1. Good response.

2. My questions about the questions.

Q1: Cortez came in, against INDY last year, and played really well (covering Reggie Wayne) in Ike's place. I'm not too sure that he can't eclipse Lewis by the end of the year. I understand that it usually takes time, but the kid seems to have it... and he's Carnell Lake's "project" (which mens that Lake is working with him a lot, which could speed up the learning curve).

Q2: Oh I agree... allow me to clarify.

I am not saying Cortez over Troy. I am saying Cortez over Mundy.

Against TENN, I saw Cortez Allen come in for Mundy (who was benched for a few plays)... and Mundy had come in for Will Allen (who was hurt). It might have been a different package, but I know that I saw Cortez lined up as the SS... and he played well.

Since Allen is limited, and Mundy has played poorly... well... Cortez couldn't be any worse... right?

That said, you are correct: Cortez needs to focus on CB. I agree.

Then again, if they already had him in as the SS, then possibly more of him at SS could be a good thing. Or, better yet, if it was a package (the "penny"), then maybe more of that pakcage is needed... Just an idea.

Darkstorm05
10-15-2012, 07:07 PM
We could always run the Giants SB Special when stopping last minute drives...send out extra defenders and eat the too many men on the field penalty. It worked flawlessly against Brady.

tony hipchest
10-15-2012, 07:29 PM
nah, i know what you meant teegree. my point being that cortez would be a 4th option at SS which by definition isnt a very good option at all. we wouldnt ask will allen to replace ike taylor. asking cortez to play troys postion is just the same.

and to be clear, they never had him in at SS, but there are packages where he is one of 6 (or 5) db's on the field. even if there is only one safety on the field, it doesnt necessarily mean the cb is playing safety, even though he replaces him (kinda like when william gay used to always replace casey hampton in the nickel).

casteeler
10-16-2012, 04:14 PM
Why is this still being discussed.? There is plenty of video..... He Sucks. Every CB on this team SUCKS

Curtain_of_Steel
10-16-2012, 04:42 PM
The dicktator has spoken. No one else can make comments, suggest changes, have an opinion.

Last I checked it is a message board to toss up a bunch of shit agasint the wall and see who wants to talk about it. Sure does suck that Ike has dominated the suggestion box for 5 weeks.

Wait till next week when AJ picks him a part. Of course Ike could hold AJ to zero yards and still give up 300. I sure hope DL has something up his sleeve to stop Dalton from having 3 seconds to pass the ball.

Bottom line is, when someone is playing like a deadman walking and good old Ike thinks he can't be benched matter how he plays, its WRONG. Plain and simple. Apparently there is no accountability for the Great Ike Taylor no matter how bad he plays.

casteeler
10-16-2012, 04:57 PM
The dicktator has spoken. No one else can make comments, suggest changes, have an opinion.

Last I checked it is a message board to toss up a bunch of shit agasint the wall and see who wants to talk about it. Sure does suck that Ike has dominated the suggestion box for 5 weeks.

Wait till next week when AJ picks him a part. Of course Ike could hold AJ to zero yards and still give up 300. I sure hope DL has something up his sleeve to stop Dalton from having 3 seconds to pass the ball.

Bottom line is, when someone is playing like a deadman walking and good old Ike thinks he can't be benched matter how he plays, its WRONG. Plain and simple. Apparently there is no accountability for the Great Ike Taylor no matter how bad he plays.

Just wondered why people defend him,thats all.

Fire Arians
10-16-2012, 04:59 PM
I'm starting AJ green this week, he'll be good for 25 points at least

steelfury02
10-16-2012, 05:08 PM
DERP
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_AJgux-H7UdI/STfe4ie7pEI/AAAAAAAAAa4/EE85A_VMN7k/s320/ravensOld.jpg

tony hipchest
10-16-2012, 05:33 PM

http://s0.jrnl.ie/media/2012/10/richard-sherman-tweet-630x472.jpg

we certainly have alot of posters speaking out their ass and flinging a ton of bullshit against the wall, thats for sure. :poop: :doh:

Curtain_of_Steel
10-16-2012, 06:29 PM
We really do Tony, your so right! You do not hear that to often.

surcalifero
10-16-2012, 07:15 PM
I'm starting AJ green this week, he'll be good for 25 points at least

You make a point especially when Ike is gonna try to cover him.

ricardisimo
10-17-2012, 12:50 AM
Ike's clearly been leaning on his speed, and it looks like he's lost a step and doesn't know how to use his other tools to make up the difference. Just a thought. :noidea:

Curtain_of_Steel
10-17-2012, 06:36 PM
Ike clearly has lost a step?lol... Ricardisimo, he lost a leg..brain cells, common sense, discipline.

FA: Typically i never start opposing players in fantasy I homer it, and NEVEr ever have I drafted a Raven. Tthis will be the first year in many that I have opposing players starting. The only problem with Green is, he could have 200 penalty yards and only 50 recieving.

teegre
10-17-2012, 07:05 PM
Typically i never start opposing players in fantasy I homer it, and NEVEr ever have I drafted a Raven. Tthis will be the first year in many that I have opposing players starting. The only problem with Green is, he could have 200 penalty yards and only 50 recieving.

Agreed.

I have never drafted a Raven nor a Taperiot. I cringe when it comes to drafting a Cowboy (something I have done once: Witten, a few years back).

I did have Dalton start, during the bye... but, I dropped him immediately.

I would draft a Brown... but... well... uh... who? :rofl:

Darkstorm05
10-17-2012, 07:06 PM
I would draft a Brown... but... well... uh... who? :rofl:

Depending on the rules for your league, maybe their punter? You'd have mad amounts of yards each week.

teegre
10-17-2012, 07:09 PM
Depending on the rules for your league, maybe their punter? You'd have mad amounts of yards each week.

Touche!!!

[Nice one, brother.]

Curtain_of_Steel
10-17-2012, 10:40 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nfl-rapidreports/20583842/steelers-notebook-ike-taylor-is-out-to-make-a-case-for-himself

Obama's writers must've helped him out as its always smoke and mirrors to the dumbass'es out there.:banging:

Seriously, he is trying to say he gave up X yards and thats is that? So NONE of the penalty yards count agaisnt him? Add those in and we would be last or near bottom in passing def.

POOR Ike, I feel really bad. Keep digging your hole deeper dumbass.

CB Ike Taylor has become the whipping boy for the Steelers' upset loss at Tennessee last Thursday.

The 10-year veteran is now out to make a case for himself.

Tuesday, Taylor went on his own show on Trib Live Radio and implored observers to "look at the stats," referring to the fact the Steelers rank fifth in the league in total defense and fourth in passing defense.

But according to more advanced statistics compiled by Pro Football Focus and the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Taylor is being victimized this season by opposing passing offenses.

According to the Tribune-Review, Taylor allowed eight catches by four different receivers and gave up 115 yards and a touchdown, and was targeted 15 times against the Titans. It was the most catches Taylor has allowed in 39 games.

The Trib said Taylor had been targeted 44 times in five games after being targeted 24 times and allowing only three receptions for 24 yards and no touchdowns through five games last season.

Taylor acknowledged that teams are coming after him now.

"It's going to be like that -- they're going to try me," he said. "Why wouldn't you? ... I've got 10 years of tape, so of course going into the game I know that's going to happen. What I've got to do is hold it down."

Taylor has quite the challenge this week inBengals' No. 1 WR A.J. Green. Taylor calls Green "a top-three receiver" in the league and said he would likely be shadowing him Sunday night in Cincinnati. Taylor also said he won't be asking for -- or expecting -- safety help.

Taylor was drafted in 2003, and since Mike Tomlin became coach in 2007, Taylor has usually been assigned to play "on an island" against every opponent's top receiver.

On a conference call with Pittsburgh reporters, Bengal QB Andy Dalton said he expected Taylor to follow Green.

"That's a challenge I want every week, regardless of who we're playing," Taylor said.

austinfrench76
10-17-2012, 10:50 PM
Shut up Ike and get better.

Riddle_Of_Steel
10-17-2012, 10:56 PM
Obama's writers must've helped him out as its always smoke and mirrors to the dumbass'es out there.:banging:

What does Obama have to do with Ike Taylor? You conservatives are so desperate to save your dying, obsolete movement that you are like a drowning swimmer, trying to grab a hold onto anything to save yourselves, even equating football to the President.

Riddle_Of_Steel
10-17-2012, 11:15 PM
What does Obama have to do with Ike Taylor? You conservatives are so desperate to save your dying, obsolete movement that you are like a drowning swimmer, trying to grab a hold onto anything to save yourselves, even equating football to the President.

Sorry, Curtain. That was needlessly harsh. I am human too.

Hawaii 5-0
10-18-2012, 12:55 AM
as a general rule, it's best not to mix politics and sports...

Curtain_of_Steel
10-18-2012, 06:50 AM
No sweat Riddle, its a message board, you can say what you want. Im not a dicktator to ridicule, lol

Hey now H 5-0, the Rooneys despite my objections inserted someone into the game of football. They started it not me,lol

Back to Ike, as that is more fun at this point in time. Apparently he feels he has committed no harm. By tossing his stats out there like he is a shut down corner and stop whingin on his ass. But the Penalty yards speak quite loud.

Atlanta Dan
10-18-2012, 07:10 AM
No sweat Riddle, its a message board, you can say what you want. Im not a dicktator to ridicule, lol

Hey now H 5-0, the Rooneys despite my objections inserted someone into the game of football. They started it not me,lol.

If you want to talk politics visit the Locker Room

:drink:

Atlanta Dan
10-18-2012, 07:17 AM
Ike has gone on the offensive

Ike Taylor not happy with criticism

The veteran cornerback complained that the local news media do not defend the Steelers, even when they cannot sometimes defend themselves on the field. He also says the media picks and chooses their statistics to make their points.

"The stats are the stats," said Taylor, who repeated his assertions in the locker room Wednesday that he first made on his radio show Tuesday. "Y'all look at numbers, y'all throw numbers out, the numbers don't lie. And, if you want to go by numbers, we're not doing as bad as what they say we're doing."

"I always felt like, you know, if we're in the same city, regardless what's going on with the team, why can't we just be family? Why can't we just point out the facts? Why does one individual have to be pointed out?"

Ed. B. then proceeds in the story to pick and choose some statistics toi make his points:chuckle:

The Steelers rank fifth in fewest yards allowed as a defense (295.8), fourth vs. the pass (200.8) and 10th vs. the run (95). But they are in the second division in the NFL, tied for 17th in points against them, allowing an average of 23 per game. Only one team has fewer than their two interceptions: the Dallas Cowboys, with one....

As for stats on the Steelers cornerbacks? No interceptions, and, in a ranking of 100 cornerbacks off their play in 2012, Pro Football Focus lists Taylor 96th and Keenan Lewis 91st.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/on-the-steelers-ike-taylor-not-happy-with-criticism-657988/

The chirping from Mendenhall and Taylor about unfair criticism indicates to me this team is going to perform a 2006 style crumble if they lose to the Bengals Sunday night

steelfury02
10-18-2012, 08:17 AM
this is another symptom of this team lacking focus - in my opinion, how is Ike possibly ready to NOT get torched again in a crucial situation when he is obviously spending a lot of time reading and chirping back at what the media is saying about him

Ike does need to shut up until his team starts stacking Ws. Stats are for losers.

maddog78
10-18-2012, 09:31 AM
The chirping from Mendenhall and Taylor about unfair criticism indicates to me this team is going to perform a 2006 style crumble if they lose to the Bengals Sunday night

Clark chirped, too, in defense of Mendy. This team is thin-skinned and weak. This could get ugly if things unravel.

STFU and play football. The fans and media aren't the problem. You are.

Atlanta Dan
10-18-2012, 01:59 PM
In case there was any doubt about where Ed.B. of the P-G was coming from when he threw statistics back in Ike Taylor's face in this morning's P-G article, Bouchette doubles down with this post

I have no idea what Ike Taylor could have been thinking when he thought the local media to stand by their team. He’s been around for 10 years, he should know how this whole business works by now. Plus, writing and saying good things about the Steelers won’t make them play better. Seems to me, the local media hasn’t changed all that much and since 2005, the Steelers have won two Super Bowls and made a third appearance despite all that lack of “support” by the local medaa.

It was a silly stance by him, but he compounded it by demanding that we use the right “stats.’’ Taylor wants us to point out that the Steelers defense ranks fifth in fewest yards allowed and fourth in fewest passing yards allowed. I’ll bet that is real comforting to Mike Tomlin. Perhaps Taylor should study more video on his own play and that of his opponents rather than spend that time reading and listening to what the local media has to say.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/118548-ed-steelers-safety-ranked-among-nfls-best

Storms clouds gathering as the Bengals game approaches - the relationship between Ed.B. and some of the Steelers vets is like a bickering couple that has been together too long:chuckle:

Hawaii 5-0
10-18-2012, 07:22 PM
Steelers not blaming struggling cornerback Ike Taylor for defensive breakdowns

Published October 18, 2012
Associated Press

Ike Taylor's skin the figurative kind has grown thick over a decade developing a reputation as one of the NFL's better cover guys.

The veteran Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback is relying on that mental toughness to get him through the most difficult stretch of his career.

Following a brutal night in which the most experienced member of Pittsburgh's secondary was beaten relentlessly in a stunning 26-23 loss to Tennessee last week surrendering the game-tying touchdown in the fourth quarter chief among his missteps Taylor understands teams no longer fear throwing his way.

"They're going to try me," Taylor said. "Why wouldn't you? I've got 10 years of tape. I know going into the game that's going to happen."

Only it seems to be happening with more regularity for Taylor. Typically charged with covering an opponent's No. 1 receiver, Taylor has found himself on the wrong end of pass completions in critical situations through the season's first month for the Steelers (2-3), who play at Cincinnati (3-3) on Sunday night.

Even Taylor allows his performance isn't quite up to the level. Then again, neither is the rest of the defense for a team that hasn't gotten off to its usual fast start under coach Mike Tomlin.

Pittsburgh is fifth in the league in yards allowed and fifth against the pass. Good numbers, yes, but it's the ones on the scoreboard at the end of games that are causing some early season angst.

The Steelers are allowing 23 points a game more than a touchdown than the 14.2 they surrendered a year ago and opponents have already thrown for nine scores, putting Pittsburgh on pace to give up the most passing touchdowns in team history.

"It's all correctable," Taylor said.

It's a refrain the team has issued repeatedly since a season-opening 31-19 loss at Denver, when Peyton Manning engineered a second-half comeback in his first game in more than a year. It resurfaced two weeks later when Carson Palmer and the Oakland Raiders put up 34 points to cap another late rally.

And it's back yet again after the Titans rolled up 113 yards and 10 points on its final two possessions, including a 4-yard pass from Matt Hasselbeck to Kenny Britt in which Taylor couldn't close in time to knock the ball out of Britt's hands.

It was the final gash in one of the roughest games of Taylor's otherwise solid career. He was flagged for pass interference twice and defensive holding once in addition to grasping at air rather than a receiver in critical situations.

His teammates have rallied to Taylor's defense while at the same time insisting the last thing he needs is a pep talk.

"There were tons of plays that a lot of us didn't make," safety Ryan Clark said. "What you don't do is create a problem. You don't start to panic and try to give him all these solutions and 'Oh, I'm in your corner and I want to help you.' This is not a situation to where he is putting the team in position to lose."

Defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau believes there is plenty of heat to go around. The Steelers aren't putting much pressure on the quarterback they're averaging a so-so 2.2 sacks per game and have spent the first portion of the year dealing with injuries to safety Troy Polamalu and linebackers James Harrison and LaMarr Woodley among others.

Given time to work, Manning, Palmer and Hasselbeck were all able to play like guys in the middle of their prime, not ones well on the other side of their careers.

"It's not the line, it's not the linebacker, it's not the defensive backs and it's not the defensive plays that are called, but it's a combination thereof," LeBeau said. "All these players are one-play games and we have to be the ones that make the play at the end of the game to make things swing our way."

It's something Taylor flourished at last fall when he put together a Pro Bowl-caliber season, one that ended with him chasing Denver's Demaryius Thomas into the end zone on the first play of overtime as the Broncos pulled off a stunning 29-23 wild card victory.

Taylor insisted all summer the play didn't haunt him, that he was over it. Still, he allows the 80-yard catch-and-run may have shown he was vulnerable.

"Every season ain't going to be the same season," Taylor said. "What I have is 11 more games left."

True, though the Steelers need to get better quickly if they want to emerge from the murky waters of the AFC. On Sunday they face one of the top quarterback-receiver combinations in the league in Andy Dalton and A.J. Green.

It will be Taylor's primary responsibility to keep the 6-foot-4 Green in check. LeBeau doesn't expect Taylor to win every battle, just enough of them.

"It's not a question of if they catch one on you here and there but when and how you respond," LeBeau said. "Ike's a veteran corner and he'll respond and he'll come out fighting."

NOTES: Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger left practice early Thursday after rolling his right ankle but said afterward he was "fine." ... Polamalu (calf), running backs Rashard Mendenhall (Achilles) and Isaac Redman (ankle), right tackle Marcus Gilbert (ankle) and linebacker Chris Carter (hamstring) did not practice ... Center Maurkice Pouncey returned to practice and is optimistic his right knee will be good enough to play ... Linebacker Lawrence Timmons also practiced on Thursday. He sat out Wednesday with a previously undisclosed foot problem.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/1...#ixzz29h3oA9df

zsheik22
10-19-2012, 07:47 AM
Was watching Seattles corners last night.... They were straight mugging SF WR's. Ike plays like that and gets flagged every time. I wonder why they dont throw the flags on them.

Atlanta Dan
10-19-2012, 10:04 AM
Gerry Dulac joins Bouchette in tearing into Ike Taylor - the P-G has declared open season on Taylor

Is anyone surprised by the poor play of CB Ike Taylor and how often he has been targeted by opposing quarterbacks?

Well, you shouldn’t be.

Taylor has been repeatedly targeted since his playoff performance in Denver in January, and he has not done anything to discourage quarterbacks from throwing in his direction.

Actually, if you paid close attention, a lot of the same poor coverage occurred last year, too. The saving grace for Taylor and the Steelers is that he was the benefactor of inaccurate throws on many of the occasions when he was beat.

Sure, Taylor is a physical corner who is a good tackler in run support. But his problem is that he doesn’t transition well from the receiver to the ball and back to the receiver. That’s why he so often gets lost in coverage and doesn’t even get so much as a hand on the ball.

Everyone thought Cortez Allen, their young nickel back, might work his way into the starting lineup. If he does, it won’t be for Keenan Lewis. It should be for Ike.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/118565-gerry-nothing-new-for-ike

teegre
10-19-2012, 11:35 AM
Everyone thought Cortez Allen, their young nickel back, might work his way into the starting lineup. If he does, it won’t be for Keenan Lewis. It should be for Ike.[/I]

Interesting.

I am a huge Cortez fan. I think the dude is going to be the second-coming of Ike Taylor: a great, but not elite, CB.

I had always assumed that Cortez would eventually become the #1... but, not to leap-frog Lewis (while benching Ike). I foresaw: a year as NB, a year as the #2 CB, and then take over as the #1. That is interesting... I can't say that I agree and/or see it happening, but it is interesting.

Curtain_of_Steel
10-21-2012, 03:38 PM
I do not believe they have anyone on the tem that is or can become a #1 CB. We have a #1 CB by default.

Law of averages will be Ikes demise.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-07-2012, 10:55 AM
We gonna start another Ike thread?

Rotorhead
11-07-2012, 12:12 PM
Yeah it kind of died down now that Ike has shut most ppl up . . .

steeltheone
11-07-2012, 01:26 PM
Ike has never gotten his due for great play over the years.