PDA

View Full Version : Injury Update

Grav
10-13-2012, 09:24 AM
Whats the news on Pouncey and anybody know how DeCastro is doing?

Darkstorm05
10-13-2012, 09:48 AM
There have been some unofficial notes around saying it was an MCL injury...2-4 weeks out.

Goldsteel86
10-13-2012, 09:51 AM

I am probably going to take much heat for this but Pouncey needs to "Pony Up", has or will this kid play a full season? Considering what position he plays, and the those who came before him like the GREAT Mike Webster and the GREAT Dermonti Dawson, it is time to step up and suck it up. Honestly speaking, and I know I will take it in the "junk" after saying this but Legursky came ready to play and didn't do that bad of a job, sorry if I offend anyone but this kid from the Florida Gators needs to step it up!

steelbad@50
10-13-2012, 10:12 AM
I am probably going to take much heat for this but Pouncey needs to "Pony Up", has or will this kid play a full season? Considering what position he plays, and the those who came before him like the GREAT Mike Webster and the GREAT Dermonti Dawson, it is time to step up and suck it up. Honestly speaking, and I know I will take it in the "junk" after saying this but Legursky came ready to play and didn't do that bad of a job, sorry if I offend anyone but this kid from the Florida Gators needs to step it up!

He is not the only one that needs to "pony up" :tt03:

Goldsteel86
10-13-2012, 10:18 AM
He is not the only one that needs to "pony up" :tt03:

Agreed, very much agreed, I have alot of those in mind!

maddog78
10-13-2012, 10:51 AM

That's the worst injury update I've ever seen.

maddog78
10-13-2012, 10:52 AM

His knee needs to pony up to 370 lbs of lineman falling on it?

Grav
10-13-2012, 02:37 PM
That's the worst injury update I've ever seen.

i asked for an injury update so i named the thread injury update

Fire Arians
10-13-2012, 02:57 PM

I'm fed up with all these injuries on the o-line tbh. I know every team has injuries, but I don't think I've ever seen any team have this many on o-line, this is just getting ridiculous

Hawaii 5-0
10-13-2012, 03:01 PM
Report: Maurkice Pouncey MCL Injury Not Serious

Friday, October 12th, 2012 by Dave Bryan

Pittsburgh Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey played all of one snap in the 26-23 loss Thursday night to the Tennessee Titans and the early word is that the MCL injury that he suffered to the right knee will not be a season ender.

Alan Robinson of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports that several Steelers players said that they don't believe the injury is serious. "I've been through games like that," left guard Willie Colon told the paper. "Thank God there's no season-ending things.

Pouncey was injured when his right leg got trapped under falling right tackle Marcus Gilbert. It also didn't help that left guard Colon finished his block by pushing his man over the top of the pile.

Head coach Mike Tomlin said during his post game press conference that the injury was an MCL of some description that needs to be evaluated. That MRI evaluation will likely take place on Friday, if it hasn't already.

The Steelers do not play again until a week from Sunday night, so depending on the severity of the sprain, if indeed that ends up being the diagnosis, there might be a chance that Pouncey can play in that game against the Cincinnati Bengals.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/10/report-maurkice-pouncey-mcl-injury-not-serious/

WVABE
10-13-2012, 03:05 PM
Steelers players need to smoke whatever Bret Favre was smoking all those years.

maddog78
10-13-2012, 04:00 PM
I'm fed up with all these injuries on the o-line tbh. I know every team has injuries, but I don't think I've ever seen any team have this many on o-line, this is just getting ridiculous

Well, Gilbert has taken out two starters on his own, and in DD's case, he was getting pushed back, too.

Maybe our linemen just need to stop getting rag dolled so much and they won't get hurt.

Anyone else notice that we have a bunch of 350 lb road graders who are fat, slow, and can't move very well? When pass rushers get them off balance, it's bad news.

Fire Arians
10-13-2012, 04:18 PM
Steelers players need to smoke whatever Bret Favre was smoking all those years.

Then they'll be texting dick pics to their girlfriends and getting busted for it :chuckle:

tanda10506
10-13-2012, 05:22 PM

You shouldn't take any heat for it because your exactly right. The line did not drop off when Legursky came in, and I don't think it has in the past. Strangely enough, I think Legursky is a better Center then a Guard, and he has played the spot well every time he's been called on to do so. When Adams came in for Gilbert, that's when the line dropped off. I like Pouncey and I thought he was going to be our next great Center, but you have to wonder if the FO will pay for him when his contract is up, especially if Legursky is having to play at that time anyway. Hipchest pointed this out not to long ago when discussing the salary cap and it's a pretty valid point. It seems like they are trying to build the line around Pouncey, drafting Gilbert and then Adams and DD last year. The entire line is young with the exception of Starks (who's replacement is supposedly here already), so in theory we could have a great line for a long time, but that's not what we're seeing on the field. For that matter, we're not seeing them on the field at all.

As for the injury report, I've been looking for one for over a week. I have not/was not able to find anything on Woodley's injury and his status for Thursday's game. I still can't find anything on it. Nothing about the O line or Mendy either. If anybody has a link to an update it would be appreciated.

Steel_Bus_24
10-13-2012, 05:25 PM
I thought I read on here that Woodley said on his twitter he'll be back next week...for what that is worth

Twentyvalve
10-13-2012, 06:17 PM
If so, I bet he tweaks it and misses even more time. That seems to be the way things are going. Just sit out a game and then come back. I would think his long term health is more important than 3-3.

I thought I read on here that Woodley said on his twitter he'll be back next week...for what that is worth

Hawaii 5-0
10-13-2012, 10:15 PM
Rashard Mendenhall injury minor

Updated: October 12, 2012
ESPN.com news services

The Achilles injury Pittsburgh Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall suffered in Thursday night's loss to the Tennessee Titans is minor, a person who has spoken to the player told NFL.com on Friday.

Mendenhall tore his ACL in the final game of the 2011 season but returned to action in Week 5, collecting 101 totals yards and a touchdown in a 16-14 victory against the Philadelphia Eagles.

But less than a week later, he was held to 6 yards on six carries before his Achilles tightened up against the Titans.

According to NFL.com, the Steelers will wait to see how Mendenhall's Achilles feels this weekend before determining his status for the team's Week 7 matchup against the Cincinnati Bengals.

Mendenhall's injury was one of several for Pittsburgh in the 26-23 loss to Tennessee.

Injured stars Troy Polamalu and LaMarr Woodley were inactive. They were joined on the sideline by running back Isaac Redman (ankle), center Maurkice Pouncey (leg) and right tackle Marcus Gilbert (ankle), all of whom limped gingerly off the field on a night the Steelers exhausted all seven of their offensive linemen and had third-string running back Baron Batch playing in crunch time for the first time in his career.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8496924/rashard-mendenhall-pittsburgh-steelers-minor-achilles-injury-report-says

JVip
10-13-2012, 10:31 PM
Well, Gilbert has taken out two starters on his own, and in DD's case, he was getting pushed back, too.

Maybe our linemen just need to stop getting rag dolled so much and they won't get hurt.

Anyone else notice that we have a bunch of 350 lb road graders who are fat, slow, and can't move very well? When pass rushers get them off balance, it's bad news.

I agree with this point completely, these guys need to stop rolling up on each others legs. It seems to happen constantly.

Hawaii 5-0
10-13-2012, 11:30 PM
Maurkice Pouncey not likely to miss much time, if any

Posted by Mike Florio on October 13, 2012

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/350x-343-e1350165823558.jpg?w=197

At a time when the Steelers are dealing with almost as many injured players as healthy one, they’ve gotten some good news regarding one of their best linemen.

Center Maurkice Pouncey exited Thursday night’s loss to the Titans with a knee injury. Per a league source, he’s not expected to miss much time, if any.

The Steelers return to action next Sunday at Cincinnati, with injury questions up and down the roster. A loss would drop Pittsburgh down to 2-4, and arguably out of the race for the AFC North crown.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/13/maurkice-pouncey-not-likely-to-miss-much-time-if-any/

teegre
10-13-2012, 11:38 PM
As for the injury report, I've been looking for one for over a week. I have not/was not able to find anything on Woodley's injury and his status for Thursday's game. I still can't find anything on it. Nothing about the O line or Mendy either. If anybody has a link to an update it would be appreciated.

Technically, the team doesn't have to officially report the status of the injuries until next Wednesday. Until then, everything could be smokescreen, lies, and/or hearsay.

OX1947
10-14-2012, 02:12 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_PmvsWE1k-7w/TNKbXDR9UJI/AAAAAAAABpU/WsP9dtqOidA/s400/blogpic_favre_texting_chicks.jpg

Hawaii 5-0
10-14-2012, 02:58 AM
Report: Mendenhall’s Achilles’ just got “tight,” injury “minor”

Posted by Evan Silva on October 13, 2012

The outlook for players who exit games due to injury and do not return is often ominous. Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall exited Thursday night’s game against the Titans with an Achilles’ injury, and did not return.

Mendenhall was in just his second game back returning from reconstructive knee surgery, however, and it appears the Steelers were being cautious with him. Citing a person who’s spoken to Pittsburgh’s running back, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports Mendenhall’s Achilles’ injury is “minor,” and just “tightened up” on Thursday night.

Per Rapoport, Mendenhall’s status for Week Seven will be determined by how his Achilles’ responds over the weekend. The ten-day layoff between Pittsburgh’s Week Six and Seven games should theoretically bode well for Mendenhall’s chances of avoiding missed time.

The Steelers play the division rival Bengals next.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/13/report-mendenhalls-achilles-just-got-tight-injury-minor/