PDA

View Full Version : AFC wide open

steelerchad
10-14-2012, 10:13 PM
There are very few good teams in the AFC it appears this year.
The Jets and Dolphins are in Wildcard position at the moment at 3-3 with tiebreakers over the Bengals and Bills.
I guess if we beat the Bengals next week, we could be in playoff position.

TRH
10-14-2012, 10:23 PM
I don't see us beating Cincinnati.

Also, AFC speaking....Brady threw 58 times today....how can you throw 58 times??? I think we're nearing the day when an NFL quarterback is going to throw it every single play of a game. That will happen.

tony hipchest
10-14-2012, 10:45 PM
this thread wont go over well.

people are acting like we are 0-5. :pissed:

:thmbdown::shake02:

Bayz101
10-14-2012, 10:47 PM

Also, AFC speaking....Brady threw 58 times today....how can you throw 58 times??? I think we're nearing the day when an NFL quarterback is going to throw it every single play of a game. That will happen.

58? Damn. That's low when compared to Andrew Luck's average under King Arians. If Luck is throwing it 50 times on average his rookie year, imagine next year when he's improving? Given his arm doesn't fall off.

tony hipchest
10-14-2012, 11:22 PM
the "greatest, most well rounded" team in the NFL (texans) are getting their ass handed to them at home. next week the texans and baltimore get to beat up on eachother.

if the season were to end next week we, would be a missed suisham and a made janikowski kick out of contention for a possible #1 or #2 seed and bye week.

thats how close this league is. some fans just expect the utter dominance of the 70's.

we are giving up 12 points per game at home (just 10 PPG last season). we suck.

4 road games out of the first six kinda sucks as well...

SteelCurtain5643
10-15-2012, 12:15 AM

You dont see us beating cincinnati? Really? They just lost back to back games to the Dolphins and Browns? We may be playing badly but I dont think we're that bad. People need to stop panicking, this team will come around soon enough, and the Ravens suffered some HUGE injuries today, we'll be alright

tony hipchest
10-15-2012, 12:30 AM
the horrible raiders, who were supposedly one of the worst teams in the league, had the atlanta falcons (supposed best team in teh league???) on the ropes, IN ATLANTA.

the bengals suck.

Hawaii 5-0
10-15-2012, 01:56 AM
Triceps tear could be severe enough to end Ray Lewis’s season

Posted by Darin Gantt on October 14, 2012

The Ravens won’t know for sure until an MRI in the morning, but the news doesn’t appear to be good on the status of linebacker Ray Lewis.

According to FoxSports’ Jay Glazer, doctors don’t think Lewis has a complete tear of his triceps, but it might still be severe enough to knock him out for the rest of the season.

Glazer said Lewis was in too much pain to get an accurate diagnosis on the sidelines.

The Ravens also fear cornerback Lardarius Webb is done for the year with a torn ACL, but he too will have an MRI tomorrow to confirm.

Even though he’s not playing to his old level, Lewis is still an important part for his leadership alone, and would be deeply missed.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/14/triceps-tear-could-be-severe-enough-to-end-ray-lewiss-season/

WVABE
10-15-2012, 04:55 AM
Some of the best defences got walked all over by their opponents yesterday.
Its a wacky game, win big one week and get stomped the next.
We have an interesting season ahead of us.

TRH
10-15-2012, 08:33 AM
You dont see us beating cincinnati? Really? They just lost back to back games to the Dolphins and Browns? We may be playing badly but I dont think we're that bad. People need to stop panicking, this team will come around soon enough, and the Ravens suffered some HUGE injuries today, we'll be alright

You mean like i saw us creaming Oakland and Tennessee?? Technically, the Bengals, even though they've been "off" for a couple games, are a better team than both of them.
I HOPE we beat the Bengals....but i surely wouldn't bet any of my money on it.

defence
10-15-2012, 08:36 AM

Hey; I'm going to predict we beat the bengals Sunday. I know; it's bold; but the Steelers know; with one win they're right back into this. This is turning out to be a very interesting year in the NFL!!!:thumbsup:

TRH
10-15-2012, 09:14 AM
Hey; I'm going to predict we beat the bengals Sunday. I know; it's bold; but the Steelers know; with one win they're right back into this. This is turning out to be a very interesting year in the NFL!!!:thumbsup:

that would be great if that happens. Nothing more i'd like to see than a turn-around.

maddog78
10-15-2012, 09:18 AM
this thread wont go over well.

people are acting like we are 0-5. :pissed:

:thmbdown::shake02:

Not 0-5, but 0-3 on the road, including losses to two teams that are 1-8 vs. everyone else. Until this team wins a road game and back to back games, playoff talk is premature.

If we roll out the same defensive personnel and game plan in Cincy, we'll get housed.

maddog78
10-15-2012, 09:19 AM
You dont see us beating cincinnati? Really? They just lost back to back games to the Dolphins and Browns? We may be playing badly but I dont think we're that bad.

We weren't as bad as Oakland or Tennessee, or so I was told.