PDA

View Full Version : Troy P. sickens me

steelfan23
10-16-2012, 08:56 PM
I have been a huge fan of his since we drafted him. His play up to a couple of years ago was Hall of Fame worthy. I respected him both on and off the field. To hear him say he wouldn't cut his hair to win another SB is to me...maybe the dumbest, most selfish thing I think I have ever heard come out of a Steelers mouth. Are you friggin kidding me? I know this is hypothetical and all but his answer sucks. Basically he is saying feck off to the fans, his teammates, coaches and everyone else associated with the Steelers. So Troy, you can sport a shaved head, a small price to pay, for a decade, but you get a third ring, solidify your HOF career, bring another to the burgh, a ring for those players and coaches on your team that weren't with us last time, and you won't. Seems like he is more focused on cashing in on his hair commercials than he is on winning. He is officially all done. Ask Ray Lewis, Tom Brady, Peyton and pretty much any NFL player and heck yeah they would cut their hair. Un Freakin believable. His attitude is a microcosm of his and his team's performance over the last couple of years.

Flame away

SteelerJay
10-16-2012, 09:01 PM
the Steelers should only draft bald-headed players going forward...these hairy guys are a distraction, especially on defence

BowCatShot
10-16-2012, 09:10 PM
Maybe he thinks he's Samson reincarnate. Give him a break.

Lady Steel
10-16-2012, 09:21 PM
I have been a huge fan of his since we drafted him. His play up to a couple of years ago was Hall of Fame worthy. I respected him both on and off the field. To hear him say he wouldn't cut his hair to win another SB is to me...maybe the dumbest, most selfish thing I think I have ever heard come out of a Steelers mouth. Are you friggin kidding me? I know this is hypothetical and all but his answer sucks. Basically he is saying feck off to the fans, his teammates, coaches and everyone else associated with the Steelers. So Troy, you can sport a shaved head, a small price to pay, for a decade, but you get a third ring, solidify your HOF career, bring another to the burgh, a ring for those players and coaches on your team that weren't with us last time, and you won't. Seems like he is more focused on cashing in on his hair commercials than he is on winning. He is officially all done. Ask Ray Lewis, Tom Brady, Peyton and pretty much any NFL player and heck yeah they would cut their hair. Un Freakin believable. His attitude is a microcosm of his and his team's performance over the last couple of years.

Flame away

You seriously made a thread about whether it is or isn't Troy's own choice/decison to cut or not cut his own damn hair? Again, seriously? Naw, you're just playin', right? Seriously? :laughing:

SoCalFan
10-16-2012, 09:38 PM
He should have been rested at least 3 additional games...

FanSince72
10-16-2012, 09:52 PM
Would you want Keisel to shave his beard?

Would HE shave it to win a Super Bowl?

What if he said that he wouldn't?

Would he be a POS as well?

Stu Pidasso
10-16-2012, 10:00 PM
It's been known for a while now that with his nationality, hair is considered almost religious. I think he's saying it because he's a deeply religious guy, and he takes his faith seriously. Whoever asked him that stupid question needs to do their homework.

teegre
10-16-2012, 10:02 PM
You seriously made a thread about whether it is or isn't Troy's own choice/decison to cut or not cut his own damn hair? Again, seriously? Naw, you're just playin', right? Seriously? :laughing:

Troy is married. Ergo, NOT his decision.

[We all know that that is the truth.] :wink02:

casteeler
10-16-2012, 10:09 PM
Troy has played his heart out for Pittsburgh. The guy is injured and gives a hell of a lot more than the majority of this mess the Steelers call a defense

StainlessStill
10-16-2012, 10:10 PM

Flame away

Were you the dude that posted this same thing on PFT fan section? Haha, that said, way overblown. Troy is a football player and understands that all rosters around the league work just as hard as him. Troy's not good at answering those types of questions. You call it selfish. I call it humble.

tony hipchest
10-16-2012, 10:15 PM
i was gonna merge this with the official whiners and bitch throwers thread, but i will let it stand on its own stupidity to serve as a warning to others.

as the kid said.... flame away.

Darthslayrr
10-16-2012, 10:54 PM
What the hell is wrong with his hair, did it injure his calf?

MACH1
10-16-2012, 11:06 PM
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/early-lead/troyhair.jpg

You mad bro.

steelfan23
10-16-2012, 11:34 PM
i was gonna merge this with the official whiners and bitch throwers thread, but i will let it stand on its own stupidity to serve as a warning to others.

as the kid said.... flame away.

wow, you really are pretty useless aren't you tony? you troll the boards looking to put your worthless two cents in...talking tough...disparaging people. Get a life loser:hatsoff:

steelfan23
10-16-2012, 11:37 PM

No, seriously. One of our players was asked if he would be willing to cut his hair if it meant the Steelers would win the SB and he said no. Seriously, and you took the time to respond to this why exactly? Seriously? I take it you are okay with his statement. If so, sad...

tony hipchest
10-16-2012, 11:41 PM
wow, you really are pretty useless aren't you tony? you troll the boards looking to put your worthless two cents in...talking tough...disparaging people. Get a life loser:hatsoff:

yep... you are as much of an idiot fuktard as i initially thought.

take your prissy posts back to a freaking hair salon forum where they belong. :sissies:

be sure to shove a box of tampons in your culo on your way out. :wave:

have a nice day. :smile:

BTW, there is a way and a WAY NOT to handle things privately, and telling a mod to go #%$^ their mother falls into the "way not" category. adios....

OX1947
10-16-2012, 11:49 PM
yep... you are as much of an idiot fuktard as i initially thought.

take your prissy posts back to a freaking hair salon forum where they belong. :sissies:

be sure to shove a box of tampons in your culo on your way out. :wave:

have a nice day. :smile:

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH. What a great thread.

Bayz101
10-17-2012, 12:02 AM
Who the hell left the cage open? Tony? Mach!?

Bayz101
10-17-2012, 12:16 AM
You bitch about Tony, and then turn around a degrade anyone who DARE disagree with you? Keep in mind, no one has agreed with you YET.

Hawaii 5-0
10-17-2012, 12:16 AM
I can understand where Troy is coming from, you never saw Hines Ward get a Head & Shoulders commercial...:wink02:

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nfl/players/full/1494.png&w=350&h=254

OX1947
10-17-2012, 12:18 AM
By the way, the OP's opinion of Troy should be flushed down the toilet. That might be the worst opinion of anything sport, ever. Troy has given his brain and body to the game. He did his time and then some. If you thought his game would last 15 years, you are blind and dumb.

Bayz101
10-17-2012, 12:24 AM
By the way, the OP's opinion of Troy should be flushed down the toilet. That might be the worst opinion of anything sport, ever. Troy has given his brain and body to the game. He did his time and then some. If you thought his game would last 15 years, you are blind and dumb.

Troy's play is reckless, and unlike Ben, he has NO ONE to protect him, and his life in the NFL won't be extended. I think, barring a huge breakout year for him, he's done.

Hawaii 5-0
10-17-2012, 12:26 AM
Would you want Keisel to shave his beard?

seriously, that would be ridiculous...

http://media.keprtv.com/images/110203_Brett_Keisel.jpg

Rick5895
10-17-2012, 03:56 AM

Flame away

Well thankyou for clearing up why aren't playing well on D. Here I thought it was because we weren't making the neccesary plays , collectively as a defense. I was wrong, It's all Troys fault, because he won't cut his hair to win!!??
Geez!!!

Lokki
10-17-2012, 05:30 AM
I fail to see how Troy's hair has kept him from winning a 3rd Super Bowl. I'll have to go back and watch the last one with the Packers and see how many times he tripped over his hair or that is hair was flagged for a PI or holding call.

I'll just leave this here. It about sums up the OP.

http://ozhouse.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/files/2012/09/double_facepalm.jpg

Lokki
10-17-2012, 05:32 AM
I can understand where Troy is coming from, you never saw Hines Ward get a Head & Shoulders commercial...:wink02:

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nfl/players/full/1494.png&w=350&h=254

Yes he did. kind of...

dU9rX9En34U

Lady Steel
10-17-2012, 12:36 PM
This thread delivers. :laughing:

No, seriously. One of our players was asked if he would be willing to cut his hair if it meant the Steelers would win the SB and he said no. Seriously, and you took the time to respond to this why exactly? Seriously? I take it you are okay with his statement. If so, sad...

Seriously, let me clarify so there is no misunderstanding. The road to the Super Bowl for the Pittsburgh Steelers does not go through Troy Polamalu's hair. The question posed to Troy is as ridiculous as your original post. Even if the Steelers would get to the Super Bowl, a win or loss at the big dance has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not Troy cuts his hair.

You said to flame away, so I did. So now you have a problem with that? :laughing:

Hawaii 5-0
10-17-2012, 12:43 PM
Yes he did. kind of...

dU9rX9En34U

thanks for posting this video, I had never seen it before. Keisel's beard is hilarious! :thumbsup:

:drink:

steelfury02
10-17-2012, 02:15 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/28523468.jpg

Millers the sh!t
10-17-2012, 03:25 PM
This thread sucks! Where's the Ike sucks pt.3 thread?

steelfan23
10-17-2012, 03:33 PM
I fail to see how Troy's hair has kept him from winning a 3rd Super Bowl. I'll have to go back and watch the last one with the Packers and see how many times he tripped over his hair or that is hair was flagged for a PI or holding call.

I'll just leave this here. It about sums up the OP.

http://ozhouse.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/files/2012/09/double_facepalm.jpg

hey moron, try reading some news and this post before putting in your crap response. He was asked if he would be willing to cut his hair if it meant the Steelers won the SB and he said no. If you are cool with that than good for you.

steelfan23
10-17-2012, 03:38 PM
This thread delivers. :laughing:

Seriously, let me clarify so there is no misunderstanding. The road to the Super Bowl for the Pittsburgh Steelers does not go through Troy Polamalu's hair. The question posed to Troy is as ridiculous as your original post. Even if the Steelers would get to the Super Bowl, a win or loss at the big dance has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not Troy cuts his hair.

You said to flame away, so I did. So now you have a problem with that? :laughing:

I said flame away because this board is full of people with questionable intelligence who can't take the time to understand the issue at hand. Let me explain for the ones that need it. Nobody is saying his hair has anything to do with his play on the field or actually winning a SB. The reporter asked the man if he would sacrifice his head of hair if that meant Steelers would win the SB. He said no. I have a huge problem with that. The fact that most of you don't is laughable and you should root for another team if you don't care if your favorite football players don't care about winning anymore. It's his attitude, not his friggin hair you people. Wow!

FanSince72
10-17-2012, 03:39 PM
Troy's play is reckless, and unlike Ben, he has NO ONE to protect him, and his life in the NFL won't be extended. I think, barring a huge breakout year for him, he's done.

I agree with this.

I've always seen Troy as a talent for which there seems to be no defined application.
It's like some neat looking gizmo you find at a garage sale; it sure looks like it's useful, but you just can't quite figure out just what that use might be.

I think he tends to be too fast for his own good and unless he takes dead aim on someone, he often misses tackles completely. I think allowing him to just roam around is a waste of his talent and his role should have been more specifically defined.

I don't dislike him at all and like many people I am somewhat awed by his quickness and agility. I just wish I knew exactly what it is he's supposed to be doing.

steelfan23
10-17-2012, 03:40 PM
Well thankyou for clearing up why aren't playing well on D. Here I thought it was because we weren't making the neccesary plays , collectively as a defense. I was wrong, It's all Troys fault, because he won't cut his hair to win!!??
Geez!!!

just dumb. can't believe how f'ing stupid people are on this board. idiots all of you

sloppyjoe
10-17-2012, 04:44 PM
you need to understand that the fans usually care more about winning than the players do

Darkstorm05
10-17-2012, 04:49 PM
All about priorities. If I have 2 SB rings, and I can have a 3rd if I just mess up my multi-million dollar endorsement deals...well, it's not a hard choice. That 3rd ring would be nice and all, but it isn't going to put the kids through college.

Hawaii 5-0
10-17-2012, 06:09 PM
just dumb. can't believe how f'ing stupid people are on this board. idiots all of you

http://www.thosefunnypictures.com/resize.php?file=pictures/8571/funny-people-pic-Two_Idiots.jpg

Bayz101
10-17-2012, 06:20 PM
Bottom line here: There's those who bitch and moan, and there's those who bitch and moan CONSTANTLY. It's people like this that VANISH when the Steelers win a game. Bitching and moaning is fine. ****, we all deserve to be a little angry with how the guys have played, but that's not the problem here. The problem is that some people only know how to bitch. They're not capable of being happy with the team, and because we're a big board, there's a higher frequency of said members getting their asses roasted by our very own Toe Knee's Hips Chest. :chuckle:

harrison'samonster
10-17-2012, 06:31 PM
you need to understand that the fans usually care more about winning than the players do

I'm not sure if that's it exactly. Players want to win, but they also make a living at it. Troy was asked a stupid question and he gave an answer.

I'm guessing this guy who has a problem with Troy's answer is a lot like Deniro in the movie the Fan. Probably isn't cool enough to like the Stones though.

tony hipchest
10-17-2012, 06:35 PM
I don't dislike him at all and like many people I am somewhat awed by his quickness and agility. I just wish I knew exactly what it is he's supposed to be doing.
so do opposing quarterbacks. its the steelers secret and theyre not telling.
Bottom line here: There's those who bitch and moan, and there's those who bitch and moan CONSTANTLY. It's people like this that VANISH when the Steelers win a game. Bitching and moaning is fine. ****, we all deserve to be a little angry with how the guys have played, but that's not the problem here. The problem is that some people only know how to bitch. They're not capable of being happy with the team, and because we're a big board, there's a higher frequency of said members getting their asses roasted by our very own Toe Knee's Hips Chest. :chuckle:eggzacklee, bayz.

if members are going to constantly post and act like bungle or brownfan trolls, i will react accordingly and treat them as such.

mikegrimey
10-17-2012, 06:55 PM
It's hard to believe anybody who's seen him play could question Polamalus dedication to this team. When he's not sidelined by injury, which is far too often, he always plays his ass off, good or bad game.

Plus, his hair is a bigger deal to him than just a style or fad. Not to mention, as others have, that its a completely implausibly dumb question. Next time Rowrhlisberger is being interviewed ask him if he would spend 5 years in prison for rape if it meant he'd win another Super Bowl...

Hawaii 5-0
10-17-2012, 08:04 PM
Polamalu wouldn’t shave his head for a Super Bowl win

Posted by Mike Florio on October 16, 2012

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/350x-149.jpg?w=250

Steelers safety Troy Polamalu, who is recovering from a calf injury, spent the traditional day off for players visiting with Erik Kuselias on Pro Football Talk. Among other things, Kuselias asked whether Polamalu would shave his head and sport that hairstyle for a decade if it meant that the Steelers would win the Super Bowl this year.

“No, I wouldn’t,” Polamalu said. “And that’s not a lack of confidence that I have in our team. It’s more or less from appreciation that I have for football in general. You never know what can happen in this sport. Who knows what a 2-3 team can be, who knows what the NY Giants did last year? It comes more for my appreciation for the preparation of athletes and teams. That’s why I could never be a newscaster. You know, I couldn’t be like all right, you know, the so-and-so are going to beat the so-and-so 17-13 for this reason. It’s just, I have too much respect for people that prepare and for the sport in general.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/page/4/

BlockMonsta
10-18-2012, 03:33 AM
It's been known for a while now that with his nationality, hair is considered almost religious. I think he's saying it because he's a deeply religious guy, and he takes his faith seriously. Whoever asked him that stupid question needs to do their homework.

Lol what? Some of you should stop saying people suck seeing as none of you have been on an NFL roster.

Last part is not directed at you but everyone else on this fourm.

Bayz101
10-18-2012, 03:45 AM
Lol what? Some of you should stop saying people suck seeing as none of you have been on an NFL roster.

Last part is not directed at you but everyone else on this fourm.

Huh? If your post wasn't directed at him, why did you quote him? Please note that the only one being critical of Polamalu in this thread is the OP, and he's been banned permanently for flaming, baiting and, well, being an idiot. :chuckle:

BlockMonsta
10-18-2012, 05:00 AM
Just talking about the first part of what I said, kinda silly when he says that his hair is religious. Second part was how much hate goes towards some of the players.

lardlad
10-18-2012, 05:45 AM
I remember him being interviewed about his hair. The person interviewing him asked if he would consider cutting his hair so People could see his name. He said my hair is my name. I thought that was the coolest answer I'd ever heard.

SteeleReign
10-18-2012, 07:33 AM
I said flame away because this board is full of people with questionable intelligence who can't take the time to understand the issue at hand. Let me explain for the ones that need it. Nobody is saying his hair has anything to do with his play on the field or actually winning a SB. The reporter asked the man if he would sacrifice his head of hair if that meant Steelers would win the SB. He said no. I have a huge problem with that. The fact that most of you don't is laughable and you should root for another team if you don't care if your favorite football players don't care about winning anymore. It's his attitude, not his friggin hair you people. Wow!

Uhh...well maybe Troy realized that the question was absolutely stupid. I'd be willing to bet that if a genie came out of Troy's Head & Shoulders bottle and told him he'd win the Superbowl this year if he shaved his head, Troy would do it.

But, apparently the genie must be at your house...along with leprechauns, Keebler elves, unicorns, and Sasquatch. Why would you take the answer to a stupid question like that seriously??! :doh:

Hawaii 5-0
10-19-2012, 01:09 AM
I said flame away because this board is full of people with questionable intelligence who can't take the time to understand the issue at hand.

I would ask how old you are, but you probably can't count that high...

OX1947
10-19-2012, 03:51 AM
I would wax my bunghole for a Super Bowl win.

Hawaii 5-0
10-19-2012, 12:19 PM

so that makes TWO great reasons to cheer on the Steelers to a Super Bowl victory...:tt02: :tt03:

Buddha Bus
10-19-2012, 02:52 PM

I guess we finally figured out who this guy is.

http://shii.org/mediawiki/images/1/1e/Boeing54kueuvg.jpg

Maybe you can go to Tim Lumber's blog and have some meaningful conversations with a man on the same plane as your intellectual level now that you have some free time on your hands. I mean... between your PB&J sandwiches with the crusts cut off being sent down the basement steps by mommy for stuffing into your cry-hole to quiet your tantrums. http://r28.imgfast.net/users/2815/14/51/45/smiles/2440041547.gif

P.S.- While you're at it, look up the word "idiot" in the dictionary before tossing it around cluelessly. I'm sure you'll be happy to see you're famous as your picture is right next to the definition and I'm certain pictures are a big plus for you.

Lady Steel
10-19-2012, 06:08 PM

The Bungholes suck! :chuckle: :tt:

lipps83
10-19-2012, 10:58 PM

Yeah, God forbid someone take pride in their heritage and culture over a stupid and, in the end, meaningless game.

Yeah, Steelers rule, your heritage and culture suck!

STEELERS FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!111:steelersflag:

I guess I will root for the NY Giants since I have no problem with Troy not wanting to cut his hair.

TIMEsteelersfan
10-20-2012, 07:17 AM

Flame away

You sir, are out of your mind. I feel dumber for having read this post. Wow... just wow. Why stop at hair? Someone needs to ask Troy if he would kill babies to win the Superbowl.

Twentyvalve
10-20-2012, 09:31 AM
The question in general is dumb (in a fun way).. I don't think the guy expected a serious answer. I think he was expecting a funny and silly answer with a smile. But, Troy does not think that way. He takes the game serious, as was reflected in his answer. I think that proves how important Troy takes matters, including his dedication to the Steelers as a team.

Just because he did not say he would do it, that means nothing. The argument in this thread exemplifies how serious fans take the game, Especially when we argue over a question that really has no grounding in reality. The obviously puts faith in his team, and knows his hair has nothing to do with the results of any given game. We all have our identities. Who cares?

As far as I cam concerned, Troy can dye his hair pink as long as he stays as dedicated to the team as his responses on that interview indicate.

PeRK82
10-20-2012, 05:15 PM

Flame away

Are you simple,

Why would he cut his Hair when he gets paid bookooo bucks for the commercials.

You Must be NEW, and i don't mean NEW TO THE FORUM. IT MEANS RETARD

harrison'samonster
10-20-2012, 05:49 PM
the op must be a troll, a moron, or a kid who has just found out that the players he idolizes are real people who aren't perfect and don't agree with every thing he thinks.

SquirrelHillSteelNut
10-21-2012, 06:48 PM
Troy has played his heart out for Pittsburgh. The guy is injured and gives a hell of a lot more than the majority of this mess the Steelers call a defense

+1 to you, sir. Troy is one hell of a Stiller, and that pick-6 in the AFC Championship in 08, still gives me goosebumps everytime i see it. i cannot say enough good things about ole number 43, regardless of his over-30 age status and recurring injuries. thanks, Troy....always.