PDA

View Full Version : Hall of Fame Weekend.

Ambridge
08-05-2006, 03:50 PM
Here's the kickoff to the official start to the 2006 NFL Pre-season/Regular Season.
Anyone watching the Induction Ceremonies???

This years inductees:
Troy Aikman
Harry Carson
John Madden
Warren Moon
Reggie White
Rayfield Wright

Don't forget the HOF Game tomorrow night Sunday Aug 6.
Raiders-vs-Eagles.

silver & black
08-05-2006, 07:19 PM
I will be at the game.

Ohio Steeler
08-06-2006, 08:43 AM
I will be at the game.

hope you have a good time...

silver & black
08-06-2006, 09:33 AM
hope you have a good time...
Thanks, I will!

LambertIsGod58
08-06-2006, 09:42 AM
I think it's BS that Rayfield Wright made it and L.C. Greenwood didn't....

4n2t0
08-06-2006, 10:49 AM
Congrats to Warren Moon, much deserved in my opinion. L.C.'s time will eventually come, I too have been waiting for his enshrinement.

LambertIsGod58
08-06-2006, 11:12 AM
L.C. was the Steelers All-Time Sack Leader until Gildon took it...I think that along with the 4 Superbowl Rings should put him in....He and Greene were unstoppable.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-06-2006, 11:26 AM
L.C. was the Steelers All-Time Sack Leader until Gildon took it...I think that along with the 4 Superbowl Rings should put him in....He and Greene were unstoppable.

I think L.C. belongs in the Hall of Fame. But I also think that Donnie Shell belongs there also. Donnie Shell is 3rd alltime on the Steelers for career INT's with 51. Granted I never saw either of these guys play. I only saw highlights or have read about them. Plus I have heard many stories from my family about them. So I don't know if I can have an accurate opinion about these two being in the Hall of Fame.

But like you said L.C. was the alltime sack leader until Jason Gildon came along. Plus playing on one of the alltime greatest dynasties and winning four Super Bowls should be taken into consideration as well.

But the problem is with so many players from those teams in the Hall of Fame already. I think the voters hold that against L.C. and Donnie. The voters thinking we already have enough Steelers from that team in the Hall of Fame. But its totally unfair and not right in my mind.

Haiku_Dirtt
08-06-2006, 03:02 PM
The voters thinking we already have enough Steelers from that team in the Hall of Fame. But its totally unfair and not right in my mind.

I agree. Even though the facts speak for themselves.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-06-2006, 03:26 PM
I agree. Even though the facts speak for themselves.

Yep I'm hoping L.C. and Donnie get in one day.

HometownGal
08-06-2006, 03:53 PM
I think L.C. belongs in the Hall of Fame. But I also think that Donnie Shell belongs there also. Donnie Shell is 3rd alltime on the Steelers for career INT's with 51. Granted I never saw either of these guys play. I only saw highlights or have read about them. Plus I have heard many stories from my family about them. So I don't know if I can have an accurate opinion about these two being in the Hall of Fame.

But like you said L.C. was the alltime sack leader until Jason Gildon came along. Plus playing on one of the alltime greatest dynasties and winning four Super Bowls should be taken into consideration as well.

But the problem is with so many players from those teams in the Hall of Fame already. I think the voters hold that against L.C. and Donnie. The voters thinking we already have enough Steelers from that team in the Hall of Fame. But its totally unfair and not right in my mind.

I totally agree with you. LC is most deserving of being enshrined in the HOF, as is Donnie Shell. Good analogy as to why there is so much hemming and hawing to put them in their rightful place.

I always loved the Mooner (except when he played the Steelers). Whenever there would be an Oilers game on TV against an opponent other than the Steelers, I would tune in to watch him perform his magic. If they were playing in the Dome, though, I turned down the volume and kept a barf bag handy because God I hated that Luv Ya Blue song their fans used to sing 10,000 times every game. :yuck:

LambertIsGod58
08-06-2006, 04:01 PM
Same reason it took so long for Swann & Stallworth to get in.......Let's face it...Greenwood, Shell, White and maybe even Holmes deserve to be in. Greatest D-Line I ever saw!