10-17-2012, 03:03 PM
http://puu.sh/1fRAX

Still very much in the playoff race! :helmet:

beer72
10-17-2012, 03:23 PM
I Agree! :tt04:

Bayz101
10-17-2012, 03:23 PM
Stop it! Wake up, man! Don't you see the sky is falling???????????????

DoctorCAD
10-17-2012, 05:35 PM
Have you WATCHED this trainwreck?

fer522
10-17-2012, 05:48 PM
I guess you didn't see the Tennessee game :noidea:
If we keep playing like that we'll be lucky to finish 8-8

Fire Arians
10-17-2012, 05:53 PM
a true fan always supports their team

but, believing in something that is highly unlikely is just blind faith. I'm a Steeler fan for life, but you won't hear me saying 'Ive got a feeling Pittsburgh's going to the super bowl!', right after losing to the raiders and titans

tony hipchest
10-17-2012, 05:58 PM

have you ever NOT complained? you are a chronic complainer. you complained back in 2008 when we last won the SB. you complained ALL of 2009 and most of 2010 during our last SB run. you complained all of last year and now youre back complaining all of this year.

your post history shows that when you have nothing to complain about, you dont post at all. :tap:

way to go, bud! :thumbsup: way to bring something positive and worthwile to the table! :thumbsup: we are blessed with your presense. :rolleyes:

everyone give steelerfevers most notorious and chronic complainer a big hand. :applaudit:

:hatsoff:

Bayz101
10-17-2012, 06:12 PM

I wouldn't call it a trainwreck. All of our games have been relatively close, and there's PLENTY of time to turn it around. Have you WATCHED the AFC? It's not a pretty year for the AFC at ALL. We could go 9-7 and probably make the playoffs.

teegre
10-17-2012, 07:08 PM
I wouldn't call it a trainwreck. All of our games have been relatively close, and there's PLENTY of time to turn it around. Have you WATCHED the AFC? It's not a pretty year for the AFC at ALL. We could go 9-7 and probably make the playoffs.

9-7 might get the top seed.

Really though... well... actually, that's not that far from the truth.

Bayz101
10-17-2012, 07:10 PM
9-7 might get the top seed.

Really though... well... actually, that's not that far from the truth.

One thing that's for sure: If we're not on fire going into the playoff's, we'll be out in the first round.

teegre
10-17-2012, 07:25 PM
One thing that's for sure: If we're not on fire going into the playoff's, we'll be out in the first round.

True.

Around January...

...The Colon will be far more comfortable at LG... DD will be back... Mendenspin will be healthy... and Rainey will have found his niche. Likewise... Troy should be back... and, Woodley will be healthy.

Just in time for the play-offs!!!

Fire Arians
10-17-2012, 07:46 PM
True.

Around January...

...The Colon will be far more comfortable at LG... DD will be back... Mendenspin will be healthy... and Rainey will have found his niche. Likewise... Troy should be back... and, Woodley will be healthy.

Just in time for the play-offs!!!

in time for gilbert to get healthy and re-injure our starting OL. i kid, i kid :chuckle:

FrancoLambert
10-17-2012, 08:03 PM

but, believing in something that is highly unlikely is just blind faith. I'm a Steeler fan for life, but you won't hear me saying 'Ive got a feeling Pittsburgh's going to the super bowl!', right after losing to the raiders and titans

:applaudit: :hatsoff: :applaudit:

I'm with you. Those were two very bad losses.

WokeUpWithaWoodley
10-17-2012, 08:05 PM
Still very much in playoff race.

Why?

Only two teams in the AFC have fewer than 3 loses which are the texans and ravens. The other teams with 3 loses are the pats, chargers, broncos, jets, colts, Miami, bengals, and the bills.

As of right now the chargers and jets would be the wildcard teams with the texans, ravens, pats, and broncos being the division winners.

We arent in such bad shape as everyone says we are.

The chargers always fall apart at the end of the year and we play them this year so that game will be critical.

AFC East has 4 teams with 3 loses-We beat the jets already and they have lost revis for the year, they also should fall off towards the end.- The bills and miami shouldnt end up better than 8-8 so I believe you dont need to worry about those teams as the pats should win the division and roll over those teams.

The bengals games are critical as well they are the one number team we must make sure we stay ahead of.
If we can beat the bengals both times and take 1 game from the ravens, and beat the chargers then we should be in good shape seeing that (if and when) we can handle the other teams that stand in our way like the cowboys, browns, and a few others.

Keep the faith steeler nation!

teegre
10-17-2012, 08:43 PM
in time for gilbert to get healthy and re-injure our starting OL. i kid, i kid :chuckle:

I almost wrote that, at the end... but, decided not to jinx it.

Now, if that happens it's YOUR fault. Muh-ha-ha-ha. :wink02:

teegre
10-17-2012, 08:44 PM
Still very much in playoff race.

Why?

Only two teams in the AFC have fewer than 3 loses which are the texans and ravens. The other teams with 3 loses are the pats, chargers, broncos, jets, colts, Miami, bengals, and the bills.

As of right now the chargers and jets would be the wildcard teams with the texans, ravens, pats, and broncos being the division winners.

We arent in such bad shape as everyone says we are.

The chargers always fall apart at the end of the year and we play them this year so that game will be critical.

AFC East has 4 teams with 3 loses-We beat the jets already and they have lost revis for the year, they also should fall off towards the end.- The bills and miami shouldnt end up better than 8-8 so I believe you dont need to worry about those teams as the pats should win the division and roll over those teams.

The bengals games are critical as well they are the one number team we must make sure we stay ahead of.
If we can beat the bengals both times and take 1 game from the ravens, and beat the chargers then we should be in good shape seeing that (if and when) we can handle the other teams that stand in our way like the cowboys, browns, and a few others.

Keep the faith steeler nation!

That is EXACTLY what I've been saying, in bits & pieces, in several threads.

Thank you.

maddog78
10-17-2012, 08:49 PM
http://www.reverseshot.com/files/images/pre-issue22/226_PEA_Welcome_Great_Pumpkin.jpg

maddog78
10-17-2012, 08:51 PM

:applaudit:

Hate it when blind homers say that those who accept reality are not "real fans". I haven't missed a game in 35 years.

Please don't say I'm not a real fan because I'm pessimistic about this year's team. I root for this team week in and week out, win or lose.

In fact, this is a really cheap, shitty attack meant to silence criticism, and it's, in fact, despicable.

teegre
10-17-2012, 09:13 PM
:applaudit:

Hate it when blind homers say that those who accept reality are not "real fans". I haven't missed a game in 35 years.

Please don't say I'm not a real fan because I'm pessimistic about this year's team. I root for this team week in and week out, win or lose.

In fact, this is a really cheap, shitty attack meant to silence criticism, and it's, in fact, despicable.

People have referred to you as "not a true fan."

You have called others "stupid & blind."

Sounds like the atmosphere (of mudslinging) has spilled over from the presidential debates.

Darkstorm05
10-17-2012, 09:31 PM
There are some homers here, and that's fine. There's also a big group who have very high demands on the performance of the team. Also fine. Everyone should be able to live their fan status however it works from them. TBH, for the forum to be fun we need both. Otherwise we'd have nothing but posts saying how great XYZ of the Steelers is, followed by 35 replies of "Yep!"...or the flip side, everyone would be in a big thread sobbing together until going in on a group buy for a pallet full of box cutters.

I try to be pretty moderate, but everyone has their ups and downs after losses...it is an emotional game. Gotta shake it off when the next game is coming up, though, and hope for the best. At the very least, have to store up some anger to scream at the TV if anything goes against us Sunday. No matter what our record at the end of the season, some truths will remain...

1) Cleveland Sucks

2) Baltimore had to buy the Browns just to get a team

3) The Bengals have more felons than we have healthy Offensive Lineman

ETL
10-17-2012, 09:44 PM
We are going to the Super Bowl!!!

( remember, you heard it here first)

We got the rest of the league just where we want them

maddog78
10-17-2012, 10:04 PM
Hey, I'm a homer. Every Sunday I root for my team to win. I just realize that sometimes it's going to be harder to win than others.

I think we're just having one of those years. We have aging guys, beat up guys, and guys that haven't yet (and may never) reached what we thought was their potential.

I'll be on the edge of my seat Sunday night rooting for the black and gold. I hope nobody doubts that because I happen to be a sourpuss about this season.

austinfrench76
10-17-2012, 10:48 PM
Why does support always have to mean blowing these athletes when they play like s#@t??? Can't support be: buying their jerseys, buying tix to the games, watching the games on Sundays and rooting for the team? I don't get that support can only be positive. I'm sorry but thar's BS. It doesn't make you a non-fan for being disappointed in the way they are playing. They lost to two of the worst teams in the league. THAT SUCKS! And iIlove the Steelers.

Riddle_Of_Steel
10-17-2012, 11:05 PM
I have been blasting the Steelers players and coaches that deserve it. But I still think they can do it this year.

Get Woodley and Harrison back on the same page, and the secondary problems wil fix themselves. We do that, and this team is back in business.

The Steelers are going to get better as the year goes on:

* Mendy getting back to near 100%
* Redman getting healthy again (he looked beter this last week)
* DeCastro comes back.
* Gilbert comes back (he's still better than Trai EsSUX).
* Team gets more comfortable with Haley' system
* Woodley and Harrison getting healthy again
* Troy Poalamalu getting back on the field

DoctorCAD
10-18-2012, 08:17 AM
have you ever NOT complained? you are a chronic complainer. you complained back in 2008 when we last won the SB. you complained ALL of 2009 and most of 2010 during our last SB run. you complained all of last year and now youre back complaining all of this year.

your post history shows that when you have nothing to complain about, you dont post at all. :tap:

way to go, bud! :thumbsup: way to bring something positive and worthwile to the table! :thumbsup: we are blessed with your presense. :rolleyes:

everyone give steelerfevers most notorious and chronic complainer a big hand. :applaudit:

:hatsoff:

Sorry, didn't realize this was a "Happy" board. I pay my money just like you do, so that gives me the right to "complain" when I see it fits. I have been a Steeler fan longer than you have been alive, I will always be a Steeler fan. There isn't a square foot of my house that doesn't display Black and Gold of some form. I lived through the Bubby and Malone days, through 30 years of no Super Bowls, and now I have to live through all of that again???????

I have every right to complain. this team is heading down the Browns path and I don't like it.

Oh, and there is a difference between the Prozak view you have and reality.

Curtain_of_Steel
10-18-2012, 08:33 AM
Riddle:

Is that all?lol Thats a mighty long list.

You might want to add

Ike playing CB they at least the way a #2 CB should play.

Tx777
10-18-2012, 10:45 AM
Call me a blind fan, a loyal fan or a whack job... but I dont care if we're 7-9 I will not give up hope until the last day of the season and I'm hoping beyond hope that teams lose to other teams to get us in.

Just noticed I've been floating around here for 3 years this month :)

steeltheone
10-18-2012, 01:51 PM
I have been blasting the Steelers players and coaches that deserve it. But I still think they can do it this year.

Get Woodley and Harrison back on the same page, and the secondary problems wil fix themselves. We do that, and this team is back in business.

The Steelers are going to get better as the year goes on:

* Mendy getting back to near 100%
* Redman getting healthy again (he looked beter this last week)
* DeCastro comes back.
* Gilbert comes back (he's still better than Trai EsSUX).
* Team gets more comfortable with Haley' system
* Woodley and Harrison getting healthy again
* Troy Poalamalu getting back on the field
I believe things will get better too, bottom line is TP43, Harrison and Clark and Ike are only a few years from being done. We need to replace these great players real soon and this will be very difficult !

teegre
10-18-2012, 02:50 PM
I believe things will get better too, bottom line is TP43, Harrison and Clark and Ike are only a few years from being done. We need to replace these great players real soon and this will be very difficult !

Agreed... important, and difficult, but the Steelers always seem to find "that" guy.

Darren Perry, Brent Alexander, Ryan Clark... there will be another.

Greg Lloyd, Jason Gildon, Joey Porter, James Harrison... there will be another.

Ike... well... the Steelers have not really had great luck with CBs, but they've had good luck: Deshea Townsend, Ike Taylor, Cortez Allen...

Carnell Lake, Troy Polamalu... hmmm... finding another one of those will indeed be very difficult.

maddog78
10-18-2012, 02:53 PM
Agreed... important, and difficult, but the Steelers always seem to find "that" guy.

Darren Perry, Brent Alexander, Ryan Clark... there will be another.

Greg Lloyd, Jason Gildon, Joey Porter, James Harrison... there will be another.

Ike... well... the Steelers have not really had great luck with CBs, but they've had good luck: Deshea Townsend, Ike Taylor, Cortez Allen...

Carnell Lake, Troy Polamalu... hmmm... finding another one of those will indeed be very difficult.

Cortez Allen is the only Tomlin guy. Everyone else was found by Cowher or Noll (in Lloyd's case).

Tomlin inherited a Super Bowl roster and I'm afraid in a year or two, it's going to be an 8-8 roster with a franchise QB in his twilight.

teegre
10-18-2012, 02:57 PM
Cortez Allen is the only Tomlin guy. Everyone else was found by Cowher or Noll (in Lloyd's case).

Tomlin inherited a Super Bowl roster and I'm afraid in a year or two, it's going to be an 8-8 roster with a franchise QB in his twilight.

Timmons, Woodley, Allen, Pouncey, DD, Spence, Heyward, Sanders, AB, Wallace, Droppy Mendenspin...

SquirrelHillSteelNut
10-21-2012, 07:02 PM
i am 44 y/o, have ALWAYS been there in the thick of thin, from a 6-10 season, two interception loss in a Superbowl to the cryboys, to 41-27 pummeling by the CHEATriots* and queen brady at the end of a stellar 15-1 season, a weird throw in the dirt in San Diego in 1993, to an astounding catch in February 2009. yeah, i'll always be there, Black and Gold. hell yeah!!!:tt02: