PDA

View Full Version : Ben injured in practice

maddog78
10-18-2012, 02:56 PM
Can this season just end, please?

:banging:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/18/roethlisberger-leaves-practice-with-ankle-injury/

teegre
10-18-2012, 03:00 PM
Adam Schefter reports:
"Big Ben was injured, in the cafeteria, when Marcus Gilbert's boot crushed the quarterback's toe."

Fire Haley
10-18-2012, 03:07 PM
I bet Lefty can get us 40pts

Fire Arians
10-18-2012, 03:12 PM
sounds like nothing serious, he should be fine for sunday

Fire Arians
10-18-2012, 03:13 PM
I bet Lefty can get us 40pts

or ask taamu to punch him in the nose, his qb rating goes up by 40 pts when he gets punched by a big samoan

FanSince72
10-18-2012, 03:29 PM
Finally! :applaudit:

I've been waiting for Ben to get hurt because we just aren't the same team when he's healthy. Maybe NOW we can get something going!

maddog78
10-18-2012, 04:22 PM
Sounds like it's minor, but why do I have the feeling he just sidestepped a falling piano and is now in the path of a bus?

tony hipchest
10-18-2012, 04:52 PM
James C Wexell‏@jimwexell

I watched Roethlisberger drop back. His plant foot slipped. No other player around him. He fell, limped a little bit, left 30 mins later.

Riddle_Of_Steel
10-18-2012, 06:11 PM
GD, the pain never stops for this team this year.

fer522
10-18-2012, 07:10 PM
Oh Ben! You are such a drama queen lol :sarcasm:

Hawaii 5-0
10-18-2012, 07:34 PM
Ed: Roethlisberger Hurt in Practice, Says He is 'Fine'

THURSDAY, 18 OCTOBER 2012 WRITTEN BY ED BOUCHETTE

Ben Roethlisberger joined the long list of injured when he left practice early today after tripping up on his right foot. Byron Leftwich took the reins the rest of the way after Roethlisberger limped off the field.

After a brief stay in the trainers’ room to have it looked at, Roethlisberger pronounced that his right foot was “fine.’’ He had no wrap on it.

In the meantime, the top two running backs did not practice again today, the third practice Rashard Mendenhall and Isaac Redman missed this week. If they cannot go, look for Jonathan Dwyer to make his first NFL start Sunday in Cincinnati.

Maurkice Pouncey returned to a limited practice.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/118554-ed-roethlisberger-hurt-in-practice-says-he-is-fine

CanuckCurtain
10-18-2012, 09:43 PM
Gerry Dulac@gerrydulac

Ben Roethlisberger left practice late with slight ankle sprain. Won't keep him from playing.

For whatever GD's word is worth

Third Rail
10-19-2012, 09:48 AM
Ed: Roethlisberger Hurt in Practice, Says He is 'Fine'

THURSDAY, 18 OCTOBER 2012 WRITTEN BY ED BOUCHETTE

Ben Roethlisberger joined the long list of injured when he left practice early today after tripping up on his right foot. Byron Leftwich took the reins the rest of the way after Roethlisberger limped off the field.

After a brief stay in the trainers’ room to have it looked at, Roethlisberger pronounced that his right foot was “fine.’’ He had no wrap on it.

In the meantime, the top two running backs did not practice again today, the third practice Rashard Mendenhall and Isaac Redman missed this week. If they cannot go, look for Jonathan Dwyer to make his first NFL start Sunday in Cincinnati.

Maurkice Pouncey returned to a limited practice.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/118554-ed-roethlisberger-hurt-in-practice-says-he-is-fine

OH JUST LOOK AT BEN, CAUSING ALL THAT DRAMA! Nothing ever keeps him from embellishing his imaginary injuries every five minutes! We all know that when ever Ben says he's "fine," it's actually code for "OWW OWW OWW IT HURTS SO BAD MOMMY PLEASE LET ME STAY HOME FROM SCHOOL SO THE OTHER KIDS WON'T MAKE FUN OF MY GIMPY LEG." Such a drama queen. He should play football in a dress and a tiara.

teegre
10-19-2012, 11:40 AM
OH JUST LOOK AT BEN, CAUSING ALL THAT DRAMA! Nothing ever keeps him from embellishing his imaginary injuries every five minutes! We all know that when ever Ben says he's "fine," it's actually code for "OWW OWW OWW IT HURTS SO BAD MOMMY PLEASE LET ME STAY HOME FROM SCHOOL SO THE OTHER KIDS WON'T MAKE FUN OF MY GIMPY LEG." Such a drama queen. He should play football in a dress and a tiara.

The dude played with a broken nose... and won.

The dude played the second half of the CLEV game... and won.

Q: Is he a drama queen?
A: I don't care. He wins, while hurt (or acting hurt).

Remember that time that Haloti Ngata put fake blood in his palm, and slapped BB across the nose... and then, in front of the cameras, the PITT trainers smooshed a "fake" nose back into place... and then BB whined about it... and won. That was awesome!!!

Third Rail
10-20-2012, 04:32 PM
The dude played with a broken nose... and won.

The dude played the second half of the CLEV game... and won.

Q: Is he a drama queen?
A: I don't care. He wins, while hurt (or acting hurt).

Remember that time that Haloti Ngata put fake blood in his palm, and slapped BB across the nose... and then, in front of the cameras, the PITT trainers smooshed a "fake" nose back into place... and then BB whined about it... and won. That was awesome!!!

Heh, yeah. In case it wasn't clear by my post, I don't think Ben is a drama queen at all when it comes to injuries, because 9 times out of 10, he goes right back in the game and keeps playing. So the hell what if he talks about his injuries? Why does the media act like he needs to keep silent about them? I never see them treat anyone else like this.

I hate to say it, but if there's one player on this team who gets handled with kid gloves whenever he gets hurt, it's Troy.

Bayz101
10-20-2012, 04:45 PM
Well, if Ben goes down with an injury and the media watches it, what's he supposed to say? "Oh. That didn't happen. You're seeing things."

jiminpa
10-20-2012, 07:36 PM
I've criticized Ben in the past, but I never could say that he wasn't tough. I minor foot injury won't keep him out of a game.