PDA

View Full Version : Ike and Willie sound very defensive

maddog78
10-19-2012, 08:22 AM
Ike and Willie are right, there shouldn't be any finger pointing. But I wonder if they are speaking generally, or if they both realize that most of those knuckly digits would be pointing at them.

These two would do well to humbly accept they have to play better instead of coming off like Frank Burns every time a mic is shoved up in their kisser.

"The easy thing to do now is to start pointing fingers," guard Willie Colon said. "I've never been on a team that did that. That's what losers do. We're not losers in here."

Read more: http://old.post-gazette.com/pg/12293/1270294-87.stm#ixzz29kMi4iKA

Darkstorm05
10-19-2012, 08:39 AM
It's easy to get that way when you're getting kicked while you're down. They're making big money, and playing poorly. The media(And the fans) are all over their shit. They just need to keep their heads down and get to work, and ride it out until the team can turn things around.

harrison'samonster
10-19-2012, 09:07 AM
it depends who's pointing the fingers. If he's talking about teammates pointing fingers, he's absolutely right. There's no room in the locker room for that kind of behavior and it shouldn't be tolerated.

I think he knows that the fans and media are going to point fingers and blame players for playing poorly. Nothing can be done about that.

Fire Arians
10-19-2012, 12:36 PM
ike 'chad' taylor wasn't very defensive when he got burned by kenny britt

tanda10506
10-19-2012, 12:58 PM

No, he's only defensive after the play now. Notice how he talks trash to every WR AFTER they burn him.

Fire Haley
10-19-2012, 01:08 PM
the swagger is gone

Blitzburg is now just an average Joe

Steelers>NFL
10-19-2012, 01:15 PM
the swagger is gone

Blitzburg is now just an average Joe

no more "60 Minute Men" either. That was gone after Cowher stepped down.

Fire Arians
10-19-2012, 01:27 PM

they're still the 60 minute men. it's just that the games actually take about 2 1/2-3 hours until it's over lol

teegre
10-19-2012, 03:19 PM

Weren't those shirts/that mantra coined after losing the 1994 AFCCG???

Hawaii 5-0
10-19-2012, 05:30 PM

if Ike could ever learn to catch...:banging:

http://triblive.com/csp/mediapool/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?STREAMOID=aa2jM wjg9aPKx5$UNpSqkM$daE2N3K4ZzOUsqbU5sYvc8dUt1I8y5GZ rTApN61VMWCsjLu883Ygn4B49Lvm9bPe2QeMKQdVeZmXF$9l$4 uCZ8QDXhaHEp3rvzXRJFdy0KqPHLoMevcTLo3h8xh70Y6N_U_C ryOsw6FTOdKL_jpQ-&CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg

stb_steeler
10-20-2012, 11:54 AM
if Ike could ever learn to catch...:banging:

http://triblive.com/csp/mediapool/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?STREAMOID=aa2jM wjg9aPKx5$UNpSqkM$daE2N3K4ZzOUsqbU5sYvc8dUt1I8y5GZ rTApN61VMWCsjLu883Ygn4B49Lvm9bPe2QeMKQdVeZmXF$9l$4 uCZ8QDXhaHEp3rvzXRJFdy0KqPHLoMevcTLo3h8xh70Y6N_U_C ryOsw6FTOdKL_jpQ-&CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg

If he hasnt learned to catch by now, he never will.

torpedoshell31
10-20-2012, 11:55 AM
The dumbest play Ike made during the Titans game was during their last TD drive. They had a 3rd and about 12 yds to go around our 15 yard line. Hasselback dumps one out in the flat that would have been a 5 yd gain at best, except that Ike runs up and interferes with the receiver for an automatic first down. If he just simply tackles the receiver they have to kick a field goal and we would have saved 4 points.

EbonySteel86
10-20-2012, 03:57 PM
Time to move Ike in the slot.

Curtain_of_Steel
10-20-2012, 09:09 PM
Lets see, 6 straight shit ass games. The last game 3-4 penalties? Its all a blur, lol. Every WR schools him?

Its time the teammates do stand up and say wtf. This isnt a QB having 1 bad game, or a RB fumbling twice in a game. Its a supposed SHUT DOWN corner, that is playing the worst of any cornerbacks in the league and he is mouthing off. This guy thinks he is playing fine. He is dellusional.
His mother should call him up and say WTF.

harrison'samonster
10-21-2012, 09:03 AM
Lets see, 6 straight shit ass games. The last game 3-4 penalties? Its all a blur, lol. Every WR schools him?

Its time the teammates do stand up and say wtf. This isnt a QB having 1 bad game, or a RB fumbling twice in a game. Its a supposed SHUT DOWN corner, that is playing the worst of any cornerbacks in the league and he is mouthing off. This guy thinks he is playing fine. He is dellusional.
His mother should call him up and say WTF.

I'm sure if we had Santonio Holmes on the team, or somebody like TO, they'd be happy to call him out. While they're at it they could call out the O-line too, and some of the questionable coaching calls, and then explain why none of it's their own fault.

Seriously, whatever players talk about with each other is fine, but we don't need to hear it. We don't need to see the story in the paper or on ESPN 24 hrs a day. They can keep it to themselves, and that's the way it should be in Pittsburgh.

wera176
10-21-2012, 09:08 AM
The dumbest play Ike made during the Titans game was during their last TD drive. They had a 3rd and about 12 yds to go around our 15 yard line. Hasselback dumps one out in the flat that would have been a 5 yd gain at best, except that Ike runs up and interferes with the receiver for an automatic first down. If he just simply tackles the receiver they have to kick a field goal and we would have saved 4 points.

I know! i was SCREAMING at the TV when he did that. I was seeing red so my memory might be off, but as I recall the receiver was going to the ground to make the catch so all Ike had to do was touch him, I recall thinking that I, a 44 yo "never-was" could have made that tackle. :banging:

But, there is no reason for any of his teammates to call him out in public or the media, I don't want my team doing that crap, I live in Cincy and remember Carl Perkin's and Corey Dillon doing that weak-a$$ crap...

I would, however, hope he is getting his a$$ handed to him in the film room. No escaping the film....

austinfrench76
10-21-2012, 06:09 PM
You think Ike sounds defensive?? I think he sounds like an idiot. That's the times that I can actually understand what he is saying. His tweets are also horrible. Barely looks like English. What he should do is shut up and get better. That's it. That's the Ike I like. Tonight is going to be a big determinite in the way his season goes from here on out. Good luck and I hope to God he steps up.

Curtain_of_Steel
10-21-2012, 07:12 PM
If he is sounding defensive, its the first time all year he has mentioned that word or even assumed the position of playing defense.