PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin's core philosophy is killing this team...

ZoneBlitzer
10-21-2012, 08:28 PM
Tomlin's sacred mantra of "Style Points Don't Matter" is undermining the professionalism of this club.

It is leading directly to dropped passes, turnovers, the lack of turnovers, penalties, sloppy play and tons of mistakes.

Why? Because style points don't matter.

Tomlin is in effect telling his players to forget the details and just get somehow get it done.

Problem is those little details are getting in the way and killing this team.

Here come the down years...

ChristianKustomz
10-21-2012, 08:48 PM
It's not Tomlin. It's the team not doing what the coaches have been teaching them to do. I watched a live feed of the defensive coach pleading with 2 defensive players to do what they have taught them. He actually begged them. So it's not Tomlins fault. It's the players not doing their job!

harrison'samonster
10-21-2012, 08:51 PM
i think what tomlin means is don't worry about flash and style, but get the fundementals down, in other words, worry about the details. That's my take on it

ChristianKustomz
10-21-2012, 08:55 PM
You have to remember that Pittsburgh way has been working for over 15 years regardless of the drafts provided they "listen" to what they are taught.

OX1947
10-21-2012, 09:27 PM
i think what tomlin means is don't worry about flash and style, but get the fundementals down, in other words, worry about the details. That's my take on it

Any dickwad can talk. Can they WALK! Very few make the walk.

ChristianKustomz
10-21-2012, 09:35 PM
Agreed but not this year. Pittsburgh is really looking bad.

JVip
10-21-2012, 09:47 PM
I think this team lack discipline, I think Tomlin can be a bit to buddy buddy.

ChristianKustomz
10-21-2012, 10:06 PM
Tomlin has that quiet anger. He scares me. He strikes me as the type to one day snap and go on a killing spree by strangling his family and then act like it never happened.

fansince'76
10-21-2012, 10:49 PM
Tomlin's sacred mantra of "Style Points Don't Matter" is undermining the professionalism of this club.

It is leading directly to dropped passes, turnovers, the lack of turnovers, penalties, sloppy play and tons of mistakes.

Why? Because style points don't matter.

Tomlin is in effect telling his players to forget the details and just get somehow get it done.

Problem is those little details are getting in the way and killing this team.

Here come the down years...

Cool story, bro...

TheVet
10-21-2012, 11:18 PM
Wallace is dropping passes because Tomlin said not to worry about details, that style points don't matter??

Cool theory bro...

OX1947
10-21-2012, 11:26 PM
Yah, style points hurt guys like Jerry Rice and Emmitt Smith. These cliche's and movie lines used in huddles and all the regurgitated piles of crap mean NOTHING in between the lines. I would rather have a player who wants to get 15 catches for 200 yards then some dolt who is trying to play all cliche on everyone. Great stats mean TD's and first downs. Wake up.

ZoneBlitzer
10-21-2012, 11:31 PM
Good teams execute with precision. They aim for perfection. Not talking about stats. Under Tomlin, Steelers are making a habit of playing some ugly ball. They are eking by for now, but sooner or later, these habits will cost them. In fact, it already has.

Blackout
10-21-2012, 11:36 PM
I'll critique Tomlin if we lose the playoffs, but not now. I have faith in him. I don't think all the blame can be put on Tomlin though, alot of our key players are injured.

Ricco Suavez
10-22-2012, 06:01 AM
This is the biggest critique of Tomlin's coaching, sheesh. There are some issues bigger than this non-factor.

ricardisimo
10-22-2012, 06:02 AM
Yeah, Tomlin's philosophy has him "eking" his way to 13th winningest (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/) coach of all time. It's got to stop.

Bayz101
10-22-2012, 06:06 AM
Yeah, Tomlin's philosophy has him "eking" his way to 13th winningest (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/) coach of all time. It's got to stop.

Putrid. Should of promoted Whiz.

6-10.

steelfury02
10-22-2012, 09:33 AM
Tomlin's Ws and Ls speak for themselves, but I do think some of these egos need to be a little embarrassed and called out - but as I think it was Ben? I dunno - said he will let you know in person/in private.

Did anyone else think things seemed a little somber during the post-game Ben interview? I don't know for sure - but he seemed pretty humble in spite of the win - which is a good thing IMO