PDA

View Full Version : Offense or Defence

ChristianKustomz
10-21-2012, 09:39 PM
What do you think Pittsburgh needs more work on

Offense or Defence?

I will start this off with saying I think the problem is with the defense. We need more "D"

Fire Arians
10-21-2012, 11:03 PM
defense. the O has been pretty good all year, but the defense needs to prove they can hold a lead and get it done without polamalu

they got it done today, but need to do this week in and week out for me to have faith in them

PhantomJB93
10-21-2012, 11:15 PM
I honestly wouldn't mind at this point if every early pick (1-4) in the 2013 draft is defense. We have the receivers, we have the TEs, we have the OL (albeit not fully developed but the personnel is there), we can get by on the RBs...but we could definitely use a stud LB or S in the first round, depth is needed at pretty much every defensive position assuming Harrison, Keisel, and Hampton are on their way out by 2014, and a completely re-loaded secondary wouldn't hurt either.

ZoneBlitzer
10-21-2012, 11:23 PM
Offense without a doubt.
D did its job today. They got off the field in the 2nd half and gave the offense a chance to put them away which they barely accomplished.

Considering the time of possession and yards gained etc, 24 points and a win by a single touchdown is not going to cut it.

The O needs to have a killer instinct and learn to put teams away.

There is still much work to be done on the offensive side of the ball.

Fire Arians
10-21-2012, 11:25 PM
Offense without a doubt.
D did its job today. They got off the field in the 2nd half and gave the offense a chance to put them away which they barely accomplished.

Considering the time of possession and yards gained etc, 24 points and a win by a single touchdown is not going to cut it.

The O needs to have a killer instinct and learn to put teams away.

There is still much work to be done on the offensive side of the ball.

to be fair, we were a couple of dropped passes away from blowing this game wide open. offense did his job, but players like wallace and batch didn't execute

rich4eagle
10-23-2012, 07:26 PM
Well, defense has never won squat since the 1940's but keep that stupid mantra going ................It has ALWAYS been OFFENSE wins championships for fifty years, but keep stupid going about defense which has NO DEFENSe according to stats

Hawaii 5-0
10-23-2012, 07:51 PM
Well, defense has never won squat since the 1940's but keep that stupid mantra going ................It has ALWAYS been OFFENSE wins championships for fifty years, but keep stupid going about defense which has NO DEFENSe according to stats

[http://img3.etsystatic.com/000/0/6027194/il_570xN.277693343.jpg

ricardisimo
10-24-2012, 03:13 AM
Tell that to the Patriots, who've come up short over and over with their all-world offense. Tell that to Arizona, whose flaming hot Kurt Warner-led offense lost to our D in probably their only chance ever to win a championship.

WVABE
10-24-2012, 05:44 AM
Our D looked damned good against a 2 man offence last Sunday,
lets see how they fair against a team that can run the ball all day long.

White_Steel_Wolfe
10-24-2012, 01:21 PM
Defense all the way.

teegre
10-24-2012, 02:10 PM
The offense will carry this team, because that is where the talent currently lies. Ergo, the offense is the side that needs to step up (convert late-game third downs).

For the "future", the defense needs a TON of revamping. The draft should consist of no less than 4 defensive players... in the first five round. I'd be happy with one of each of the following: NT, CB, SS, FS, OL, ILB.

audible_red40
10-24-2012, 03:11 PM
Why do you spell offense with an "s" and defence with a "c"?