PDA

View Full Version : I like Ike Taylor

ChristianKustomz
10-21-2012, 11:09 PM
I think he is a very well rounded player and makes huge plays when we need them. If we could pick up a few more of him, Clark and Polamalu we'd be set for defense. Well I forgot about Harrison too.

btaylor179
10-21-2012, 11:31 PM
how bout dwyer?????????? dam he just ran for 32

OX1947
10-21-2012, 11:38 PM
Ike sucks.

ChristianKustomz
10-21-2012, 11:41 PM
Right? After he warmed up brutha ran like a champion. I was really impressed. Even with all of Wallace's dropped passes and Big Bens fumble he really made the team connect!

We really needed this win!

Fire Arians
10-22-2012, 12:00 AM
he earned his pay this weekend. he's not a shutdown corner but I thought AJ Green would have abused him

the thing that drives me MAD about ike though is although he has good games against well-known receivers, he gets abused by no-names. what's up with that?

TRH
10-22-2012, 12:02 AM
Ike sure shut alot of critics up tonight. Although i will say on the other side of the ball, Green didn't do a very good job of forcing Ike's hand. Green let Ike play his game instead of the other way around.

PhantomJB93
10-22-2012, 12:04 AM
Ike is not a shutdown corner anymore but he's being made out far worse than he is this year because the rest of our secondary is so bad. He's getting no support. Tonight the secondary played a much better overall game though.

TRH
10-22-2012, 12:05 AM
Ike is not a shutdown corner anymore but he's being made out far worse than he is this year because the rest of our secondary is so bad. He's getting no support. Tonight the secondary played a much better overall game though.

yep. And like the annoucing team said tonight - he also gets the opponents best receiver every single week.

Steel_Bus_24
10-22-2012, 12:14 AM
He had a decent bounce back game tonight....but I don't think the Bengals really challenged him enough

Hes probably going to continue to get torched until our pass rush kicks it up a level.....in the 2nd half we started to show some flashes, but its going to have to get even better if we want to be legit contenders

Blackout
10-22-2012, 12:34 AM
he earned his pay this weekend. he's not a shutdown corner but I thought AJ Green would have abused him

the thing that drives me MAD about ike though is although he has good games against well-known receivers, he gets abused by no-names. what's up with that?

Probably doesn't feel the need to try hard againt nobodies. But I hear ya.

BlaZeQuietly
10-22-2012, 01:29 AM
He made a huge play tonight swatting that pass down in the 4th quarter, granted a blind man probably could have done it, lol

teegre
10-22-2012, 01:40 AM
Three batted passes. Tons of pressure by the front seven. And... all of a sudden, the secondary looked good.

Weird. :wink02:

EbonySteel86
10-22-2012, 08:01 AM
They rolled the defence to AJ Greens side, thats why Dalton didn't Target him that much. If it wasn't for Keenan Lewis deflection in the endzone, Green would have scores on Ike twice. Don't get it twisted, Ike still sucks.

Bayz101
10-22-2012, 08:02 AM
They rolled the defence to AJ Greens side, thats why Dalton didn't Target him that much. If it wasn't for Keenan Lewis deflection in the endzone, Green would have scores on Ike twice. Don't get it twisted, Ike still sucks.

"If it wasn't for Keenan Lewis deflection in the endzone, Green would have scores on Ike twice."

Green would have scored twice on one play? :huh:

zsheik22
10-22-2012, 08:04 AM
Ike gave up a TD and they didnt even try Ike much after that. Bad coaching was why Ike looked good.

Bayz101
10-22-2012, 08:12 AM
Silly me. Ike Taylor sucks and is incapable of performing at a high level. Ya'll so smart. :scholar: :wink02:

EbonySteel86
10-22-2012, 08:13 AM
"If it wasn't for Keenan Lewis deflection in the endzone, Green would have scores on Ike twice."

Green would have scored twice on one play? :huh:

He scored earlier that game, and Lewis deflected a second td to green when Ike was beat bad.

EbonySteel86
10-22-2012, 08:21 AM
Silly me. Ike Taylor sucks and is incapable of performing at a high level. Ya'll so smart. :scholar: :wink02:

Have you been watching this guy play lately, or are you just going on Ike's glory days?

Bayz101
10-22-2012, 08:28 AM
Have you been watching this guy play lately, or are you just going on Ike's glory days?

He's constantly covering our opponents #1 receiver. Believe it or not, that's NOT something that every team in the league does with their BEST cornerback. Ike refrained from holding, and that's been his problem. I'm surely not going to give up on him.

steelfury02
10-22-2012, 10:51 AM
Bayz. I'm still ticked at Ike even after his performance last night, which is what I expect out him. He does get everyone's #1 every week - and in today's league, that favors the WR 9/10 so I agree with you - I wouldn't be AS p'od with him this season if the boneheaded penalties stopped. I look at Demarius plays v. Broncos, and those are just flat out being owned - but when you compound it with un-veteran like decisions, that is hair-loss worthy

tony hipchest
10-22-2012, 11:01 AM
Don't get it twisted, Ike still sucks.

no he doesnt.

the supposed "best wr in the afc" gets held to a single catch, yet "ike still sucks".

i think this type of thinking sucks. he had a few bad games. they are working on correcting the mistakes. fickle fans who demand absolute perfection on every single play refuse to give him a chance.

if the rest of the defense gets credit for ikes success, they can share in the blame for his failures.

jiminpa
10-22-2012, 11:15 AM
I remember posting that I hoped Ike's problems were mental and not physical. Could be. Football is a physical game, but it is also a mental game, and if a player starts, "talking to himself," he starts making mistakes, and it doesn't take much of a mistake to become a huge problem. A decision Ike has less than a half second to make could become an easy touchdown for the other team.

That touchdown that he "gave up." was an almost perfect offensive play. There was no mistake by Ike on that play. He did his job.

EbonySteel86
10-22-2012, 11:22 AM
no he doesnt.

the supposed "best wr in the afc" gets held to a single catch, yet "ike still sucks".

i think this type of thinking sucks. he had a few bad games. they are working on correcting the mistakes. fickle fans who demand absolute perfection on every single play refuse to give him a chance.

if the rest of the defense gets credit for ikes success, they can share in the blame for his failures.

Shutting down Green is easy when you don't have a numbed 2 WR and NO running game. That's why the Bengals lost 3 straight. Steelers just rolled the defence to Greens side and left Lewis 1-1 with the #2 receiver who I can't even name. If the Bengals had a legitimate #2, and we had to leave Ike.on Green by himself, Green would've ate Ike alive. You gonna be singing a different tune when we gotta play Giants, Cowboys, and teams that have legitimate #2's.

steelfury02
10-22-2012, 11:26 AM
The Giants and Ravens receivers are the only ones that scare me. The Cowgirls are melting down even earlier. I don't see a legitimate #2 WR. If there is 1 thing our DBs have going for them against the Cowboys WR - it is that they don't like getting physical.

tony hipchest
10-22-2012, 11:46 AM
You gonna be singing a different tune when we gotta play Giants, Cowboys, and teams that have legitimate #2's.

no, youre gonna be singing a different tune. :whistle:

Shutting down Green is easy when you don't have a numbed 2 WR and NO running game. you mustve missed the first drive where bungles had 49 yds rushing. :hunch: yeah, we shut that shit down just like green.

Curtain_of_Steel
10-22-2012, 07:23 PM
Earned his pay? Lewis saved his ass when he beaten in the endzone by AJ. Than Clark saved him at the end.

AJ was in effect double teamed after 10-12 yards.

Ike still sucks, however he made one nice play. Still sucks though in cae you didnt read it earlier.

maddog78
10-23-2012, 08:25 AM
Earned his pay? Lewis saved his ass when he beaten in the endzone by AJ. Than Clark saved him at the end.

That was a classic Ike play, too. No bump and run, just line up and let the WR easily get inside of you and run with him.

This, coupled with terrible ball skills, is why Ike sucks.

steelfury02
10-23-2012, 11:18 AM
I don't mind a few yards of cushion, I'd really like to see this secondary play the ball a little more instead of re-positioning themselves to the receiver after they get juked/stutter stepped

EbonySteel86
10-23-2012, 01:18 PM
The Giants and Ravens receivers are the only ones that scare me. The Cowgirls are melting down even earlier. I don't see a legitimate #2 WR. If there is 1 thing our DBs have going for them against the Cowboys WR - it is that they don't like getting physical.

Austin is pretty nice, then u got Jason Whitten to watch out for which will probably leave Ike one on one with Dez Bryant. I don't know about you, but I hate that match up.

jiminpa
10-23-2012, 02:20 PM
That was a classic Ike play, too. No bump and run, just line up and let the WR easily get inside of you and run with him.

This, coupled with terrible ball skills, is why Ike sucks.What would you be saying if they started jamming the receivers at the line and then got beat deep 4-5 times a game for big TDs? There's always a trade off. LeBeau would rather make them earn it. That philosophy has worked well enough to get us to two Superbowls with an offense that was at its best when it just didn't hurt us. I've been saying all along that the time was coming when the defense couldn't be the entire team. Here it is. The defense is still very good, it just isn't superhuman anymore.

Hawaii 5-0
10-23-2012, 02:34 PM
If the Bengals had a legitimate #2, and we had to leave Ike.on Green by himself, Green would've ate Ike alive.

A.J. Green would eat almost all CBs alive if he were left 1v1 with them.

EbonySteel86
10-23-2012, 03:33 PM
[QUOTE=Hawaii 5-0;1040738]A.J. Green would eat almost all CBs alive if he were left 1v1 with them.[/QUOTE
I know, its just some ppl on here believe that Ike did such a fabulous job on AJ when in fact Clark and Lewis saved Ike from a lot of embarrassment. Lewis save on that TD to Green was sweet. That was 6 all day long over Mr Taylor.

ChristianKustomz
10-23-2012, 11:10 PM
I still believe Ike Taylor is a good all around player. When he has a team that supports the other phases of the game even so so players can be on their best game. Ike is and has always been a second player. Meaning he is not so good on his own but when there is a second force supporting him he plays outstanding regardless of the team we play. The problem is when the team does not play their positions, running the plays correctly and supporting the players that need the support (aka Ike) we look bad.

I still personally believe in Ike. He has a good personality on and off the field but I do agree...enough with the penalties! Please!

Curtain_of_Steel
10-24-2012, 09:06 PM
A 9million dollar shut down CB should not need 1 or 2 babysitters protecting his overpaid ass.

Clark and Lewis saved Ike. AJ torched the Great one in the end zone if Lewis didnt save his ass. Ike was behind the play, as usual.