PDA

View Full Version : TRIVIA

ChristianKustomz
10-21-2012, 11:14 PM
Does anybody have fun trivia facts? Then post them here. This should be a fun thread.

ChristianKustomz
10-21-2012, 11:47 PM
Ok I'll start this off then.

How many consecutive years has Pittsburgh had the number one defense and what years?...

3 - 2009, 2010 and 2011.

(please feel free to correct any facts that are incorrect)

tony hipchest
10-21-2012, 11:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XErftbBE_5Q

this might have been a thread better served for the off season, not during gametime on sunday.

carry on...

ChristianKustomz
10-23-2012, 11:13 PM
I agree but I thought it would be fun to chew through between commercials.

😃:tt03:

4xSBChamps
10-23-2012, 11:24 PM
most hard-core Steeler fans recall that Franco Harris scored the franchise's first-ever TD in an opening round play-off game when he caught 'the Immaculate Reception' on 23 December 1972 against Oakland

without looking else-where (books or on-line), can you answer

which Steeler scored the franchise's first-ever TD in a conference Championship Game?

hint ~ this player only scored 4 career touchdowns

if you definitely know this answer, please don't spoil it for others ~ PM me with the answer

Steeldude
10-24-2012, 01:21 AM
Trivia games do no work over the Internet. Anyone can use Google to seek the answers

ChristianKustomz
10-27-2012, 12:28 PM
Doesn't matter. If the person cheats them they ruin the fun for themselves. This is more for everyone to play and have fun with. It's more fun to try and challenge yourself for the fun of it.

"In SuperBowl XL Pittsburg Steelers beat the Seattle Seahawks 10-21. Who on Pittsburgh won the MVP and who represented the coin toss before the game started"?

Hines Ward and Tom (crybaby) Brady

steelerchad
10-27-2012, 01:56 PM
Doesn't matter. If the person cheats them they ruin the fun for themselves. This is more for everyone to play and have fun with. It's more fun to try and challenge yourself for the fun of it.

"In SuperBowl XL Pittsburg Steelers beat the Seattle Seahawks 10-21. Who on Pittsburgh won the MVP and who represented the coin toss before the game started"?

Hines won the MVP.
I'd say, Bettis, Ward, and Farrior on the coin toss? Not sure though.

teegre
10-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Hines won the MVP.
I'd say, Bettis, Ward, and Farrior on the coin toss? Not sure though.

If you look closely, I do believe that he posted the answer, at the bottom, in small print. :wink02:

WVABE
10-27-2012, 03:02 PM
Who was Pittsburgh's opponent in their first Monday Night Football game?

What year did Franco Harris & Rocky Bleier rush for 1000 yards in the same year?

Who holds Pittsburgh's record for recieving yards in a single season?

LayingTheWoodley56
10-27-2012, 03:38 PM

10-21? are we fans here?

4xSBChamps
10-27-2012, 07:00 PM
10-21? are we fans here?

I smell a closet Weephawk fan here...

:wink02:

WVABE
10-27-2012, 07:24 PM
Who caught Big Ben's first ever TD pass?

What is the most points ever scored by Pittsburgh in a single game?

What is the Steelers largest margin of victory in a playoff game?

ChristianKustomz
10-27-2012, 07:31 PM
Who was Pittsburgh's opponent in their first Monday Night Football game?

What year did Franco Harris & Rocky Bleier rush for 1000 yards in the same year?

Who holds Pittsburgh's record for recieving yards in a single season?

1.) Pittsburgh has not played a Monday night game yet this year that I'm aware of
2.) Not sure but I'm anxious to know this answer
3.) I think Yancey Thigpen or Hines Ward...not sure but I am leaning towards Hines Ward because he seems to have set a lot of records and I believe he got the record for most receiving touchdowns a few years ago. I know that's not receiving yards but I still think Ward.

PM me the answers

4xSBChamps
10-27-2012, 07:34 PM
I don't really follow the Steelers since the advent of pass-n-tab in the 1980's, but I'll take another whack

Plexiglas???

40, at Baltimore, 1st rd 1976???
damn, I mis-read this.. thought it was in a PLAYOFF game, confusing it with following question

may've been same-game at Balto that year, 26 (40-14)???

damn ~ that was meant to be a Private Message to WVABE...

ChristianKustomz
10-27-2012, 07:45 PM

1.) ????
2.) 63-7 against NewJoke Giants
3.) I think 43 or 44

PM me the answers.

SquirrelHillSteelNut
10-28-2012, 07:13 AM
name the ONLY jersey number retired by the Steelers in 80 years of team history.

ChristianKustomz
10-28-2012, 04:44 PM
I didn't know the number but wasn't it Ernie Stautner's jersey?

I haven't seen Terry Bradshaws number either since he retired so I don't know if that counts or not. I know his number was 12.

ChristianKustomz
10-28-2012, 04:47 PM
WHO WAS KNOWN AS THE "CHIEF" IN PITTSBURG STEELERS HISTORY AND DIED IN AUGUST 25, 1988?

(hint-he used his winnings at the race track to pay the franchise fee)

GMU Steeler
10-28-2012, 04:50 PM

I haven't seen Terry Bradshaws number either since he retired so I don't know if that counts or not. I know his number was 12.

It is Ernie. Terry along with others like Franco, Stallworth, Harris, Ham, Lambert are unofficially retired. To answer your question below that's Art Rooney Sr. Anyhow, here's mine Name the Steelers head coach who infamously cut Johnny Unitas much to the chagrin of Dan Rooney who had played against Johnny U in high school.

4xSBChamps
10-28-2012, 05:25 PM
I think I made a mistake earlier, about the largest margin-on victory in a playoff game

I think ti may've been a 29-point win over the Houston Earlers in the 1978 AFC Championship Game, 34-5

now, for the part where I show my stupidity ~ I WAS AT THAT GAME!!!!!

ChristianKustomz
10-30-2012, 07:48 AM
It is Ernie. Terry along with others like Franco, Stallworth, Harris, Ham, Lambert are unofficially retired. To answer your question below that's Art Rooney Sr. Anyhow, here's mine Name the Steelers head coach who infamously cut Johnny Unitas much to the chagrin of Dan Rooney who had played against Johnny U in high school.

So what was Ernie's number? I don't remember?

That's a good one. I don't know this one. PM me the answer. I don't want to ruin it for anyone else.

maddog78
10-30-2012, 08:07 AM
most hard-core Steeler fans recall that Franco Harris scored the franchise's first-ever TD in an opening round play-off game when he caught 'the Immaculate Reception' on 23 December 1972 against Oakland

without looking else-where (books or on-line), can you answer

which Steeler scored the franchise's first-ever TD in a conference Championship Game?

hint ~ this player only scored 4 career touchdowns

if you definitely know this answer, please don't spoil it for others ~ PM me with the answer

Who do you think it is? Neither player who scored vs. Miami in the 1972 AFCC Game had more than 1 career TD.

Bayz101
10-30-2012, 08:12 AM
Who do you think it is? Neither player who scored vs. Miami in the 1972 AFCC Game had more than 1 career TD.

That's not correct. This player had three career regular season touchdowns, and the one touchdown against Miami in the playoffs.

maddog78
10-30-2012, 08:33 AM
That's not correct. This player had three career regular season touchdowns, and the one touchdown against Miami in the playoffs.

Got it. Profootballreference.com didn't list his receiving TDs on his main stat page.

Bayz101
10-30-2012, 08:45 AM
Got it. Profootballreference.com didn't list his receiving TDs on his main stat page.

"Without using the internet."

CHEATER. :sofunny:

Don't worry. My grandfather assisted me in answering the question, too. We're ALL cheaters. :chuckle:

MDSteel15
10-30-2012, 09:15 AM
Ok I'll start this off then.

How many consecutive years has Pittsburgh had the number one defense and what years?...

3 - 2009, 2010 and 2011.

(please feel free to correct any facts that are incorrect)

Actually, didn't San Diego hav the number 1 defense one of those seasons? And were like 8-8 with the number 1 D- and number 1 O- ...

MDSteel15
10-30-2012, 09:19 AM

Number 70!

Bayz101
10-30-2012, 09:25 AM
Actually, didn't San Diego hav the number 1 defense one of those seasons? And were like 8-8 with the number 1 D- and number 1 O- ...

SD had the number one Defense is 2010, and the Jets had it in 2009, so this isn't making any sense to me at all. :chuckle:

Steelers had the #1 defense in 2007 and 2008 consecutively. Jets had it in '09 and Chargers had it in '10.

WVABE
10-30-2012, 07:52 PM
Who was the QB that threw Hines Ward his 800th career catch,
and what team was the opponent?

:popcorn:

:chug:

ChristianKustomz
11-04-2012, 02:45 PM
What was the original name of the Pittsburgh Steelers?