PDA

View Full Version : Game 6 gameball- Bungles post game discussion thread...

tony hipchest
10-22-2012, 12:26 AM
please try to keep all random thoughts about the game contained in asingle thread dedicated to random thoughts about the game.

i think the gameball is easy in this one with j. dwyer earning his first. suisham was nailing his kicks. glad to see him rebound from what mustve been a disappointing week.

absolutely hated tomlins decision to go for 2 that early in the game, but the ends justified the means. he doesnt coach scared despite what anyone says. he plays with balls of steel.

i am convinced the ike taylor household doesnt have a fly swatter. he has probably killed zero flies in his life. if i were tom shaw in florida, i would have him spend the entire off season swatting flies.

special team returns are an absolute disaster. i am almost convinced we should start fair catching everything to avoid constant loss of yards due to penalties.

ZoneBlitzer
10-22-2012, 12:35 AM
I can't decide btw the O-Line and #84. Brown is an incredible force out there both on ST and the O. The O did a pretty good job of keeping Ben clean and opening holes for the running attack.

AgentGold007
10-22-2012, 12:42 AM
I'm giving it to Dwyer, with honorable mentions to Antonio Brown, Ike Taylor, and Chris Rainey for his kickoff returns and game winning touchdown.

Steel_Bus_24
10-22-2012, 12:43 AM
Tough one......Colon or Heath Tonight

Seemed like we really got our sh** together after Colon drove Bufict through the turf..He had a nice mean streak tonight

Heath was once again locked in...He's maybe our most consistent player....I wish some others would bring it like he does week in and week out

BlaZeQuietly
10-22-2012, 01:03 AM
As I thought now that the steelers beat the bengles everyone is hesitantly positive, classic.

Bayz101
10-22-2012, 01:10 AM
As I thought now that the steelers beat the bengles everyone is hesitantly positive, classic.

That's how it works. Complete panic after a loss, and flying high after a win. Also noting the lack of doom and gloom trolls tonight. Wonder why? :huh:

Suddenly everyone has playoff hopes again, when last game we we're a "6-10" team. :scholar:

Bottom line: Gotta have faith.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
10-22-2012, 01:40 AM
Chris Rainey

Honorable Mentions:
Willie Colon
Heath Miller
Jonathan Dwyer
Shaun Suisham

Hawaii 5-0
10-22-2012, 01:45 AM
Heath Miller is Steelers Digest Player of the Week

by Bob Labriola
Steelers Digest

He caught six passes for 53 yards, including one for a touchdown, his fifth of the season, plus another for a two-point conversion that tied the game, 14-14, at halftime. On top of all that, he was a part of the blocking for a run game that controlled the second half for the Steelers.

Heath Miller is the Steelers Digest Player of the Week.

Also considered were: Jonathan Dwyer, who rushed for 122 yards on 17 carries (7.2 average) and was a big part of the teamís ability to kill the final minutes of the game while keeping the ball away from the Bengals offense; Willie Colon, who was moving people to open holes for the running game, especially on a couple of critical third downs; Lawrence Timmons, who led the team with 11 tackles; Antonio Brown, who caught seven passes for 96 yards and had a whole bunch of punt return yardage nullified by penalties; Keenan Lewis, who had three tackles and two passes defensed; and LaMarr Woodley, who had three tackles and the interception in the first half that turned the tide of the game.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Miller-is-Steelers-Digest-Player-of-the-Week/7cec7287-c032-4ef9-b777-e39b38dc5bb1

PhantomJB93
10-22-2012, 01:47 AM
Dwyer and Heath share my game ball. Dwyer ran hard and Heath was everywhere tonight.

I hope the Suisham hate is finally over, I think the dude can be our kicker for years to come. He doesn't have as much power as Reed did but he's really stepped it up this year and is about as reliable as a kicker can be.

Fire Arians
10-22-2012, 01:51 AM
Miller, solid blocking and a huge 2 pt conversion, he gets my vote

teegre
10-22-2012, 01:52 AM
Player of the year: Heath, with an honorable mention going to BB. Heath just makes "the" play that keeps drives going: key reception, good block... it's always him.

Tonight was no different... but, while Heath gets an A every week, there were a few A+ performances.

Here they are:

AB. He looked unstoppable. He juked ME: I lost sight of him, while watching that defender fall to the ground. What a run!!! And that pass (that was dropped... which we'll glance over, because we're staying positive): beautiful play.

Dwyer. He had those dancer's feet going. I like this kid... a lot.

Keenan Lewis. Batted away a TD (take note of this, Ike). And, I don't think that his receiver even caught a pass.

Ziggy. Two batted passes: one on third down, and the other turned into an INT.

But, the WINNER is: The Colon.
No penalties. Seven pancake blocks. And, one fight started (& finished).

tony hipchest
10-22-2012, 02:08 AM
That's how it works. Complete panic after a loss, and flying high after a win. Also noting the lack of doom and gloom trolls tonight. Wonder why? :huh:

Suddenly everyone has playoff hopes again, when last game we we're a "6-10" team. :scholar:

Bottom line: Gotta have faith.assclowns will say only blind homers have faith. i cant believe how many steelerfans gave us no shot to beat the freaking bungles.

its the bungles, dammit!

i have a theory about the doom n gloomers-

after a loss, they have to go sulk privately, in front of a computer and "kick the cyber-dog".

after a win, they have to go out publicly and proclaim the steelers greatness and utter dominance.

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

also want to note that baron batch has blown 2 great opportunities int the past 2 weeks to show he is a suitable replacement for mewelde moore.

moore catches that trick play pass from a. brown with his eyes closed and hits the hole in tenn the prior week, just the same.

perfect example of why the steelers org prefers experience over youthful "potential".

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-22-2012, 02:08 AM
Ben, Miller, Dwyer, Brown and the interior line. Adams held his own in pass protection, but still sits high and doesnt have a good punch to stall the rusher. He run blocks decently though. I said when he was drafted that he needed a year in the weight room and a year with Kugler to get more consistent in his technique IMO. I still stand by that, but like the on the job training at RT.

My "You Heldout For How Much $$$?????" award goes to Mike Wallace. He looked like Dwight Stone out there.

My "your're lucky we don't have anybody better on the roster" award goes to Larry Foote. He continued to be a non factor in stopping the run and got pushed around by Zeitler a lot.

They dont ask how, they ask how many....so take the tough win on the road and get ready for Bob Griffin and friends next week.

tony hipchest
10-22-2012, 02:22 AM
i think keenan lewis bailed out ike from another week of ridicule with that batted pass in the endzone. he really saved his ass, there.

i think as long as either clark or polamalu arent int the line up, ike will get some help trailing the other teams #1 wr.

tony hipchest
10-22-2012, 02:45 AM
Dwight "hands of" Stone.

ouch.

whatever wallace had going on tonight has absolutey nothing to do with missing camp. hes already used up all of his "mulligans".

seems like a complete lack of focus... his body is in the stadiums, but his mind is at the bank.

SquirrelHillSteelNut
10-22-2012, 06:03 AM
Heath Miller....and honorable mention to Dwyer and AB. go Steelers!:tt02:

Rick5895
10-22-2012, 06:09 AM
Dwyer and Heath share my game ball. Dwyer ran hard and Heath was everywhere tonight.

I hope the Suisham hate is finally over, I think the dude can be our kicker for years to come. He doesn't have as much power as Reed did but he's really stepped it up this year and is about as reliable as a kicker can be.

My thoughts exactly!! :thumbsup:

bornaSteelersfan
10-22-2012, 06:13 AM
Not mentioned was Legs. He played almost a near perfect game at center. He called out the defensive stance extremely well on every play. We did not even miss Pouncy due to his play.

Mike Wallace needs to spend the rest of the season re-learning how to be a receiver from Antonio Brown. Clearly Emanuel Sanders already did.

Rick5895
10-22-2012, 06:13 AM
I loved the way they bounced back from that early deficit. It sure looked like we were about to be blown out. Way too many dropped balls.
I would like to see more of Dwyer, even when Mendy and Redman are back. IMO Dwyer has earned a shot at the 1st guy off the bench behind Mendy.

DoctorCAD
10-22-2012, 08:40 AM
Not mentioned was Legs. He played almost a near perfect game at center. He called out the defensive stance extremely well on every play. We did not even miss Pouncy due to his play.

Mike Wallace needs to spend the rest of the season re-learning how to be a receiver from Antonio Brown. Clearly Emanuel Sanders already did.

I second Legs. I don't know how you take him back out of the lineup.

He did not get bowled over once, every other lineman did.

My answer to Wallace is for Tomlin to make him do 50 push ups every time he drops the ball, right there on the field. Bet it stops after a few hundred push ups!

Bayz101
10-22-2012, 08:44 AM
I second Legs. I don't know how you take him back out of the lineup.

He did not get bowled over once, every other lineman did.

My answer to Wallace is for Tomlin to make him do 50 push ups every time he drops the ball, right there on the field. Bet it stops after a few hundred push ups!

Wipe the dollar signs out of his eyes with a Kleenex and he'll get on the field much quicker.

TRH
10-22-2012, 09:29 AM
alot of solid performances....can't just hand out one 'game ball'

Game balls to :
Jonathan Dwyer
Heath Miller
Antonio Brown
Willie Colon
Ike Taylor
Doug Legursky

honorable mentions:
Ben (was fantastic after those 1st 2 turnovers...really came back strong)
Keenan Lewis (thought he played a great game...definitely stepped up)

Goat:
Mike Wallace

the "non-existent" :
James Harrison. He looks like he's going at 65%. Watched him very closely. Enough for the announcers to say he was non-existent. About the only good he did was that they "had to account for him"

Darkstorm05
10-22-2012, 09:56 AM
Dwyer and Brown did great. Colon really got it together, too.

At this point, Batch shouldn't be suiting up unless someone better is hurt. He's a waste of a carry. Let him practice and try again next year, as we can't afford to falter now.

steelfury02
10-22-2012, 10:25 AM
there's a reason there is no special teams captain lol

tony hipchest
10-22-2012, 10:54 AM
the "non-existent" :
James Harrison. He looks like he's going at 65%. Watched him very closely. Enough for the announcers to say he was non-existent. About the only good he did was that they "had to account for him"did you take note of how many times he was double teamed, put in a choke hold, or ridden to the ground? that'll take about 35% of an edge off.

grward
10-22-2012, 11:03 AM
special team returns are an absolute disaster. i am almost convinced we should start fair catching everything to avoid constant loss of yards due to penalties.

I said this exact thing last night! Just take a knee in the end zone or fair catch the kickoffs! Unbelievable how bad our ST players are this year.

With that out of my system ... it was great to see so many outstanding performances! As a group, we got it together after what looked to be a disasterous loss! I don't agree with the complaints about Ike for this game ... I though he played well overall and didn't let the game in Tenn keep him down. He did bat down a ball at a very crucial point at the end don't forget. AND GREEN WAS A NONFACTOR. That's pretty good even if Ike had help.

I guess I would give the game ball to AB ... only b/c he was a factor on both punt returns and as a receiver! He was juking it up all over the place last night! Honorable mention goes to countless others!!

tony hipchest
10-22-2012, 11:07 AM
i felt bad for rainey and brown having so many good returns negated. i cant ever remember the steelers struggling so bad to simply return a freaking kick.

stb_steeler
10-22-2012, 11:11 AM
Tough one......Colon or Heath Tonight

Seemed like we really got our sh** together after Colon drove Bufict through the turf..He had a nice mean streak tonight

Heath was once again locked in...He's maybe our most consistent player....I wish some others would bring it like he does week in and week out

I cant believe the performance Colon gave last night. Even Collinsworthless was givin him some man love.... I hope he keeps up the good blocks.

steelfury02
10-22-2012, 11:13 AM
thank you - I was thinking "Poor Brown, just wait until someone acknowledges him after his great run"

TRH
10-22-2012, 11:45 AM
did you take note of how many times he was double teamed, put in a choke hold, or ridden to the ground? that'll take about 35% of an edge off.

As opposed to 'straight numbers', i was refering more to his speed, his ability to get around someone, and his intensity (which he himself has acknowledged that he's pulling up a bit due to fear of getting fines), not his being double-teamed.
Some coming from getting fined multiple times.....most coming from the various injuries. No question these injuries have taken a good deal out of his game. Although a factor, he's not even close to dominant anymore.

TRH
10-22-2012, 11:49 AM
please try to keep all random thoughts about the game contained in asingle thread dedicated to random thoughts about the game.

I'm all the way in on this one. They are killing our games. We can barely have one runback without a stupid penalty. Just fair catch the damn thing or let the ball go in the end zone until it gets fixed. Its at a point thats absolutely absurd.
This is where coaching is important. Special team coaching needs to LAY THE HAMMER down and do it now. It's unacceptable. The coaches job should be on the line at this point. Its that bad.

tony hipchest
10-22-2012, 11:53 AM
shoot, we already fired mount everest in the pre-season for poor returns. theres really no one else to fire. amos jones may be in over his head. :noidea:

SteelersCanada
10-22-2012, 12:33 PM
I do have one tiny, tiny complaint about the offense last night. If Chris Rainey is going to be getting more carries (something I'm all for) please let him take outside handoffs and make someone miss. He doesn't have the size or physicality to run it up the middle. Granted, his touchdown run was up the middle, but he has the potential to be such an explosive player when he gets in space, and up the middle isn't using taking advantage of his skills.

The offense did really have a good game last night and should've been a blowout if Wallace could snag a ball. Maybe he needs to borrow some of that San Diego stick'um. :flap:

steelfury02
10-22-2012, 12:38 PM
when you can see the lane gaps 3 seconds before the returner gets the ball, there is a discipline problem. nothing much else they can do coach wise except chew them out

Atlanta Dan
10-22-2012, 12:46 PM
Brown is an incredible force out there

Agreed - You would think Brown was the one in his contract year playing to get a big contract and Wallace was the one who just signed for a big payday based on which player is dispalying max effort every play and which one is drifting along with no focus

I thought the Steelers signing Brown right after Wallace failed to report was a panic move, but I guess the Steelers have a clue when deciding which players they want to keep

lardlad
10-22-2012, 12:50 PM
Game ball goes to the ground attack. Dwyer was awesome but so was Colon and Legursky, Adams did well for himself too. All around, winning the LOS and dwyer running hard was so good to see them close out a game.

Also what a great job the D did in the second half, 3 or so 3-outs in the 4th. They helped close it out too.

You know looking at the score, doesn't tell the whole story. Might be the most complete game they've played this year. Special teams is still having troubles and Wallace has got to get himself back on track.

LVSteelersfan
10-22-2012, 01:43 PM
I'll admit that I was po-ed at Wallace for dropping two of those three passes. The third one was batted at the last second and those are hard to hang on to. So I give him a pass on that one. You all realize he did catch EIGHT FREAKING PASSES don't you? He dropped three and caught eight. That is a pretty good percentage. So lay off bagging on him so much. He contributed to the win as much as anyone else.

I give my game ball to Keenan Lewis. He is starting to round into shape and showing why he deserves to be one of the starting CBs. I know Brown and Heath did a good job but we got some good play from our defense once the first quarter was over. And a KUDOS to Woodley for hanging onto that ball that came off the helmet. That was not an easy ball to haul in.

I will admit I was a little concerned with Legursky at Center but he did a good job of holding his own. He is the reason we lost one game when a player came right through him to block a punt that cost us the game. So I am glad he had a good game.

Darkstorm05
10-22-2012, 02:33 PM
I'll admit that I was po-ed at Wallace for dropping two of those three passes. The third one was batted at the last second and those are hard to hang on to. So I give him a pass on that one. You all realize he did catch EIGHT FREAKING PASSES don't you? He dropped three and caught eight. That is a pretty good percentage. So lay off bagging on him so much. He contributed to the win as much as anyone else.

Yes, as much as anyone. Except Brown. oh, and Miller outperformed him. But anyone else. Wait...not Dwyer, either. Oh, and let's not forget Rainey. You see the trend here? Wallace wants a paycheck equal to ALL THOSE OTHER GUYS COMBINED. You don't get a pass on dropping easy TD catches when you think you're supposed to be the top payed WR in the entire league. Sorry. Especially so when the loafing doesn't stop there. he's been taking plays off the entire season, and the last half of last season, too.

TRH
10-22-2012, 02:38 PM

I give my game ball to Keenan Lewis. He is starting to round into shape and showing why he deserves to be one of the starting CBs. I know Brown and Heath did a good job but we got some good play from our defense once the first quarter was over. And a KUDOS to Woodley for hanging onto that ball that came off the helmet. That was not an easy ball to haul in.

I will admit I was a little concerned with Legursky at Center but he did a good job of holding his own. He is the reason we lost one game when a player came right through him to block a punt that cost us the game. So I am glad he had a good game.

I also thought Lewis deserves props. In the last few games, he's played very well.....could we be seeing him morph into an excellents starter right before our eyes?

Woodley : i also had given him props for catching that. He was both focused and paying attention. That same ball hits our DB's in the numbers and falls to the ground.

As for Wallace : not so much. In all honesty, those other passes he DID catch were fairly easy, short throws. You would have to have hands of stone to drop those. The other couple that he dropped were big time throws that would have went for big yardage.
Gotta catch those, Mike. Not the way to play on the heels of wanting to sign a huge contract.

FrancoLambert
10-22-2012, 06:12 PM
did you take note of how many times he was double teamed, put in a choke hold, or ridden to the ground? that'll take about 35% of an edge off.

There is no such thing as "holding Harrison." I am completely convinced of this game after game, year after year.

teegre
10-22-2012, 06:13 PM
There is no such thing as "holding Harrison." I am completely convinced of this game after game, year after year.

I saw him stunt & run up the middle, and the OG wrapped his arm around Harrison's throat, from BEHIND... and no flag. [Note: It would have been a sack.]

SteelersCanada
10-22-2012, 07:45 PM
Woodley and Harrison are held game after game with no flags. This isn't anything new. Even with Harrison's bad knee and/or back, he's still a force to be reckoned with.

torpedoshell31
10-22-2012, 08:26 PM
My Player of the Game goes to Heath. With Honorable Mention to Dwyer, Colon and Brown.
As far as Wallace catching 8 passes and dropping 3 being a "good average", Larry Fitzgerald doesn't drop 3 in an entire season. The best line I heard after the game was by Colin Dunlap- "Wallace wants Larry Fitzgerald money but he's sinking like the Edmund Fitzgerald"!

btaylor179
10-22-2012, 09:30 PM
the o line gets game ball.........dwyer second

NoFieldFive
10-23-2012, 02:38 AM
gotta give some love to Suisham