PDA

View Full Version : The HERD predicts 6-2/7-1 in next 8 games

teegre
10-22-2012, 02:49 PM
I listen to Colin Cowherd, every morning, on my commute. The guy is very educated, and usually spot on. I don't always "like" what he says, but he is usually very accurate. He doesn't play favorites nor does he sugar-coat anything.

Anyway, this morning, in his "Colin was right; Colin was wrong" segment, he stated:

"I was right about the Steelers. They are getting healthy. BB is amazing. The Steelers will go on a tear, over the next two months, going 6-2 or 7-1."

I concur.

FanSince72
10-22-2012, 04:20 PM
I listen to Colin Cowherd, every morning, on my commute. The guy is very educated, and usually spot on. I don't always "like" what he says, but he is usually very accurate. He doesn't play favorites nor does he sugar-coat anything.

Anyway, this morning, in his "Colin was right; Colin was wrong" segment, he stated:

"I was right about the Steelers. They are getting healthy. BB is amazing. The Steelers will go on a tear, over the next two months, going 6-2 or 7-1."

I concur.

I think 6-2 is quite possible.

Like I've said before, we have way too much talent to be struggling as we have been -- even with the injuries. I think the Bengals game was a good example of that because we won despite Troy being out and Harrison / Woodley being less than 100% as well as having many offensive starters in sweats as well.

I think if Tomlin / LeBeau / Haley keep mixing things up as they did in that game and they keep going deep into the bench to get reps for guys who don't normally get them, can only be a good thing.
I think that game showed that it doesn't have to be all about Troy or Mendy or whoever has been "The Man" in the eyes of the coaching staff and that we are a lot deeper than we may have thought.

Granted, it takes more work to game plan that way, but I think that extra work will pay off big in the future.

StainlessStill
10-22-2012, 04:24 PM
I say we go 7-3 the rest of the way on route to a 10-6 record and a playoff berth, which ever seed it may be, right on par with what I predicted before the season.

If we can catch hot at the RIGHT time this year versus limping at the end of the year, who knows, we may be the team nobody wants to face.

maddog78
10-22-2012, 04:25 PM
He's actually wrong quite often, because he loves to play contrarian and rile people up into calling.

Steel_Bus_24
10-22-2012, 04:26 PM
Im not going to believe that until the steelers show more consistency....They're still committing too many penalties and leaving plays on the field

teegre
10-22-2012, 04:29 PM
I say we go 7-3 the rest of the way on route to a 10-6 record and a playoff berth, which ever seed it may be, right on par with what I predicted before the season.

I see a seven game winning streak, losing to San Diego (because my wife needs somethiNG to be happy about for her Chargers season), followed by another seven game winnning streak.

If we can catch hot at the RIGHT time this year versus limping at the end of the year, who knows, we may be the team nobody wants to face.

DD comes back right before the play-offs. As will Mendy & Troy. I say rest all three of them until they are 100% healed. And then... unleash them, right before the play-offs.

teegre
10-22-2012, 04:31 PM
He's actually wrong quite often, because he loves to play contrarian and rile people up into calling.

I could see that angle... if he took calls.

Regardless, he usually is pretty accurate on most of the stuff I've heard him talk about.

Fire Arians
10-22-2012, 04:32 PM
i'll believe it when i see it, one win against the bengals is a start, but nothing to get overly excited about right now

teegre
10-22-2012, 04:36 PM
i'll believe it when i see it, one win against the bengals is a start, but nothing to get overly excited about right now

Going into the weekend, the Texans were the #1 seed.

After that... the Ravens (the #2 seed) are are declining. A ton of teams were log-jammed with 3 losses. And, the Steelers still have FIVE division games left to play.

I am very high on the chances at a play-off berth.

WVABE
10-22-2012, 04:44 PM
I still say 12-4 :hatsoff:

Its gonna be interesting :popcorn:

Atlanta Dan
10-22-2012, 05:29 PM
My guess on the next 8 games is 5-3

W - Washington
L - @Giants
W - Chiefs
W - Baltimore
W - @ Cleveland
L - @ Baltimore
W - San Diego
L - @ Dallas

That will be 8-6 with 2 remaining home games with the Browns and Bengals for a 10-6 record

Need the Ravens to then go 5-4 and win tiebreakers - in addition to playing the Steelers the Ravens play:

@Cleveland
Oakland
San Diego
@Washington
Denver
New York
@Cincinnati

If the Steelers do not beat Baltimore twice I still do not see the Steelers winning the division

PhantomJB93
10-22-2012, 05:45 PM
I see us losing once at Baltimore and once at New York, and finishing 11-5. I really don't see us losing to Dallas like so many others seem to, especially not that late in the season when we always tend to collect ourselves and make a run and Dallas tends to throw everything away and choke.

FanSince72
10-22-2012, 06:36 PM
I think we can sweep Baltimore and I don't see us losing to Dallas.

I know it's a stretch, but 12-4 IS possible.

Fire Arians
10-22-2012, 07:10 PM

by how dallas fades at the end of the season, it should be a winnable game.

sweeping baltimore I don't think so. We split with them, even with their injuries those guys hate us and will play hard. that and joe flacco always knows how to draw PI calls on ike for some reason.

and who knows what defense will show up? we go one week to stopping hernandez and gronk, then next week we get abused by dennis pitta (WHO?)

BlaZeQuietly
10-22-2012, 08:25 PM
we had kind of a slow start last season and ended up 12-4, but we play some pretty good eams (giants, ravens, chargers) idk i mean its hard to tell because weve been so inconsistent, if we could just stop the big mistakes we wouuld be unstoppable

EbonySteel86
10-22-2012, 08:45 PM
Colin has a hard on for Ben, so I can see him saying that. I have no worries when it comes to the offence. I.know Ben will find a way....but the defence scares the Hell outta me. How Ike holds up against Dez Bryant, Victor Cruz, Tory Smith twice??? I just don't know.

maddog78
10-23-2012, 07:53 AM

Can we stack two wins before talk of running the table? 4-12 is more likely if Woodley pops his hammy and Troy can't come back.

Baby steps. Let's build on Cincy and get a good home win vs. an upstart QB and team. I would have considered this a trap game last year, but not with RG3.

Thankfully, the Redskins defense is miserable.

steelerchad
10-23-2012, 08:23 AM

agreed. I'm happy with the 2nd half play. But up until Dalton decided to throw one into the back of his lineman and it just happened to pop up into Woodley's hands, we were in the process of playing our worst game of the year.

Drops
Penalties
No Run D

It was ugly.

FanSince72
10-23-2012, 10:10 AM
Can we stack two wins before talk of running the table? 4-12 is more likely if Woodley pops his hammy and Troy can't come back.

Baby steps. Let's build on Cincy and get a good home win vs. an upstart QB and team. I would have considered this a trap game last year, but not with RG3.

Thankfully, the Redskins defense is miserable.

Actually, I don't want to see us run the table.
I'd like to see a loss somewhere near playoff time because that breaks whatever streak we may be on. I don't like "streaks" when entering the playoffs because to win the SB, whatever streak you're on has to continue all the way through and that's not easy.

The only exception to that would be a division title as the "Bye-week" basically takes the place of a loss so it interrupts the streak.

I agree with the "baby steps", but there's nothing wrong with long range planning assuming that the baby steps become a walk and then a run.

maddog78
10-23-2012, 10:13 AM
Actually, I don't want to see us run the table.
I'd like to see a loss somewhere near playoff time because that breaks whatever streak we may be on. I don't like "streaks" when entering the playoffs because to win the SB, whatever streak you're on has to continue all the way through and that's not easy.

The only exception to that would be a division title as the "Bye-week" basically takes the place of a loss so it interrupts the streak.

I agree with the "baby steps", but there's nothing wrong with long range planning assuming that the baby steps become a walk and then a run.

I'd like to see whatever it takes to get a home game and a bye. We could have used one last year to get Ben healthier.

I don't think this team is built to win three roadies in the playoffs, but maybe if fully healthy, they could muster an upset at Houston in the AFCC Game after a first round home win vs., say, the Pats or Chargers.

steelfury02
10-23-2012, 10:39 AM
My guess on the next 8 games is 5-3

W - Washington
L - @Giants
W - Chiefs
W - Baltimore
W - @ Cleveland
L - @ Baltimore
W - San Diego
L - @ Dallas

That will be 8-6 with 2 remaining home games with the Browns and Bengals for a 10-6 record

Need the Ravens to then go 5-4 and win tiebreakers - in addition to playing the Steelers the Ravens play:

@Cleveland
Oakland
San Diego
@Washington
Denver
New York
@Cincinnati

If the Steelers do not beat Baltimore twice I still do not see the Steelers winning the division

The way I see it unfolding if the defense that showed up and the running game that showed up in the 2nd half continues

W - Washington
L - @Giants
W - Chiefs
W - Baltimore
W - @ Cleveland
L - @ Baltimore
W - San Diego
W - @ Dallas
W - Bengals
W - Browns

The earlier losses to Oakland and Tennessee have bigger implications than you think. If we would have come away with one of those "shoulda wons" we might have pulled out the division. I say 11-5 is still very doable. If "we" (I know) pulled one out of Giants - then all bets are off - in that scenario, the Ravens and the division are up for grabs. If we don't win that one, we have to hope the Ravens stumble in a couple more they should have won. All speculation, but this version of the Steelers need to win every game and hope the Ravens stumble for us to catch a much needed home game and bye.

Also - I'm not really afraid of Romo to Bryant, if there is a team that is even less mentally tough than us right now (and will probably be trending downward while we might be on the upswing, it is the Cowboys. )

ricardisimo
10-23-2012, 01:08 PM
Other than our obligatory bedwetting against some team like the Browns, I think we can notch them up. Hoping for no more injuries, however.

wootawnee
10-25-2012, 01:14 PM
10-0