PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Fever Exclusive Editorial: Let the Beatings Begin!!!

Bayz101
10-25-2012, 02:55 AM
Forgot to post this for discussion:

http://www.steelersfever.com/editorials/1018.html

teegre
10-25-2012, 09:42 AM
As always, thanks Bayz.

Bayz101
10-25-2012, 09:47 AM
No problem. I completely forgot to post it for discussion. :chuckle:

teegre
10-25-2012, 09:48 AM
I just figured that you were thinking:
"Not ANOTHER Wallace thread!!!" :wink02:

Bayz101
10-25-2012, 09:52 AM
I just figured that you were thinking:
"Not ANOTHER Wallace thread!!!" :wink02:

Dammed Wallace!!!! :sofunny:

steelfury02
10-25-2012, 09:53 AM
Bayz, this about sums up my feelings as well. As a fan, it is frustrating to see some of the huge games we've witnessed from him, still see even more potential in him and what that could mean to the Steelers' success, and watch him slide down the same career slop as Holmes.

I for one think he could be even more dynamic than Holmes at his best, but it seems like he shares the same overly-inflated self-worth

We got rid of one of our SB MVPs when he still had a lot left to give because he wouldn't accept the Steeler Way (which requires patience and a little more trust - both qualities that Wallace doesn't seem to possess)

For me, Wallace has a very small window until I've had my fill of him. I could accept the drops, and he doesn't owe me or anyone his humility - but the comment he made about basically not owning the bad performance and "well uh everyone has a bad game" was really telling of where his head is at - $$$. He wants more now - but what he won't ever realize is that if he would just drop the BS and perform, he probably could make more over time than whatever big payday he is hoping for.

Bayz101
10-25-2012, 10:00 AM
Thanks for your comment, but this editorial was written by Teegre. In fact, i'll have the writer post there editorials personally to prevent any confusion. I'll address your comment in just a few minute myself.

steelfury02
10-25-2012, 10:09 AM
sorry - it had me at Cosby and totally ignored the author - Teegre, lol - you just about hit the nail on the head - good job:thumbsup:

wootawnee
10-25-2012, 12:58 PM
Missing all that training camp sure is killing his season so far.....And its hurting ours......

teegre
10-25-2012, 03:08 PM
sorry - it had me at Cosby and totally ignored the author - Teegre, lol - you just about hit the nail on the head - good job:thumbsup:

Thanks, man. The Coz always helps put things in perspective.

From your earlier post, I agree:
After the game, I was already "done" with Wallace, and then he goes and pulls that "everyone has a bad game" crap. Sure, everyone has a bad game here or there... but:

1. He has already had two bad games this season (out of six games).

2. A bad game is one or two drops. He had four.

3. When a player has a bad game, they make up for it. Wallace has had an 80-yard TD... and uh... what else? Where is the make-up play??? As Cowher used to say (& you placed nicely in your pic): You owe me!!!

4. When a player has a bad game, they do NOT make excuses; they take ownership. Jerry Rice would NEVER had said that. Furthermore, I remember Rice being angry at himself (for whatever reason)... and Rice rarely had less than 100 yards and/or a TD.

Anyway.. let's hope for a turnaround...