PDA

View Full Version : Steeler receivers licking their chops again

maddog78
10-26-2012, 08:47 AM
Last time they did this, they choked on a candy bar. Just shut up and play, please.

Wallace believes it’s time to bring back the fear factor.

“Last year, we went deep so much that guys would back up all the time,” he said Thursday. “This year, we’ve been going (short) so much, guys I think are kind of forgetting who we are when it comes to deep balls. They’re forgetting we’re the best in the world. We need to remind them.”

This might be the week to go deep.

“There are definitely going to be opportunities — a lot of them,” receiver Antonio Brown said. “We’ve got to take advantage of them, capitalize on them.”

The Washington Redskins (3-4) rank last in the NFL in pass defense, allowing 328.4 yards per game and 7.71 yards per attempt. No doubt offensive coordinator Todd Haley is paying attention.

“I think he’s going to give us a couple of shots,” Wallace said.

The Redskins’ secondary, which starts cornerbacks DeAngelo Hall and Josh Wilson and safeties Reed Doughty and Madieu Williams, has allowed 16 touchdown passes. The most recent was an everyone-knew-it-was-coming Eli Manning to Victor Cruz 77-yard winner with 73 seconds left Sunday against the New York Giants.

“They’re OK. They’re decent,” Wallace said of the Redskins’ secondary. “DeAngelo is a perennial Pro Bowler guy. … I don’t feel like they have tremendous athletes over there, but they’re always in the right spots.”

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2819944-85/game-wallace-redskins-think-steelers-yards-pass-deep-roethlisberger-sunday#ixzz2APOdpWLl

steelfury02
10-26-2012, 08:55 AM
the less I hear from Wallace the better

sloppyjoe
10-26-2012, 09:00 AM
shut your man pleaser and try catching as pass wallace

Steelerfreak58
10-26-2012, 09:41 AM
THROW ME THE BALL.... WHOOPS I DROPPED THAT ONE.... THROW ME THE BALL AGAIN!!!! WHOOPS DROPPED THAT ONE TOO!!!! THE ME THE BALL DEEP WE ARE NOT DOING THAT ENOUGH!!!

Start catching the short passes Mike and you just might get more deep balls.

Men of Steel
10-26-2012, 09:49 AM
“Last year, we went deep so much that guys would back up all the time,” he said Thursday. “This year, we’ve been going (short) so much, guys I think are kind of forgetting who we are when it comes to deep balls. They’re forgetting we’re the best in the world. We need to remind them.”

says the man who can't catch a short pass if his life depended on it.... :doh:

one. trick. pony.

tony hipchest
10-26-2012, 10:36 AM
the less I hear from Wallace the betterhay man, your sig is about 400% bigger than the acceptable size and pretty much takes up an entire screenshot with every post. please get rid of it or size it down to be incompliance with the guidelines.

3. Ensure that your signature:

-Does not exceed 500 pixels in width and 150 pixels in height.
-Does not exceed 100 kb in size.
-Contains only 1 image. Although, multiple smilies are acceptable if accompanied by text only.
-Does not contain annoying animations.
-Does not contain links for self-promotion. Links are available only at http://www.steelersfever.com/affiliates.html.
-Follows all the rules applying to posts themselves.

Large, ugly and slow loading signatures visually pollute the forums, enlarge threads and slow down modem users. Show respect for your fellow posters by ensuring your signature, if used, is somewhat discreet, space efficient (avoid using vertical content) and quick loading.

thanks! :thumbsup:

teegre
10-26-2012, 12:37 PM
THROW ME THE BALL.... WHOOPS I DROPPED THAT ONE.... THROW ME THE BALL AGAIN!!!! WHOOPS DROPPED THAT ONE TOO!!!! THE ME THE BALL DEEP WE ARE NOT DOING THAT ENOUGH!!!

Start catching the short passes Mike and you just might get more deep balls.

Start catching short passes.. and deep passes... and short passes that can turn into long receptions... oh, and touchdowns.

Once you have those four areas shored up, THEN you may talk.

Fire Arians
10-26-2012, 12:51 PM
wallace hasn't done enough this year to trash talk

Edman
10-26-2012, 01:00 PM
This just in, Mike Wallace making an ass of himself again. News at 11.

Most OVERRATED player on the Steelers.

stb_steeler
10-26-2012, 01:05 PM
Thought Sweed was let go :noidea:

FrancoLambert
10-26-2012, 06:27 PM
After last week's performance you would think he would just shut up and play better.
Keep it up Mike......you're making the Steelers decision easier.

Riddle_Of_Steel
10-26-2012, 06:32 PM
hay man, your sig is about 400% bigger than the acceptable size and pretty much takes up an entire screenshot with every post. please get rid of it or size it down to be incompliance with the guidelines.

thanks! :thumbsup:

Sue me for pointing it out-- but his sig is about the same size as yours. But I guess that wasn't your point....

LVSteelersfan
10-26-2012, 08:26 PM
Wallace did catch 8 passes last week. He didn't drop everything. But it was still unacceptable. He is going to unleash HELL on the Washington secondary this weekend.

Hawaii 5-0
10-26-2012, 08:58 PM
Wallace did catch 8 passes last week. He didn't drop everything. But it was still unacceptable.

unacceptable if you expect to get paid $11 million/year, yes.

GoFor7
10-26-2012, 09:27 PM
More "candy bars?" Hopefully Wallace doesn't find a butterfinger this time around.

steelerchad
10-26-2012, 09:37 PM
Sue me for pointing it out-- but his sig is about the same size as yours. But I guess that wasn't your point....

He changed it already. The other one was about 4 times as big. Just wanted to point that out.:chuckle:

Rick5895
10-27-2012, 07:22 AM
Wallace did catch 8 passes last week. He didn't drop everything. But it was still unacceptable. He is going to unleash HELL on the Washington secondary this weekend.

Yes he caught 8 passes, however, 2 of the 3 he dropped were key. 1st drive , dropping s pass on third that would have given us a 1st down deep in Cincy territory, we settled for a FG. He dropped a ball in the end zone as well. I don't care if he catches 20 balls , if he drops 3 balls in key situations in a game he ain't worth the money he's asking as the key drops COULD lead to a loss.

pete74
10-27-2012, 11:03 AM
Wallace is tied for 1st with 5 drops. thats just AFC ranking.

Edman
10-27-2012, 11:26 AM

No he didn't drop everything, but he has to do more than catch screen passes and deep balls.